• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Breath of Fire: Giantslayer

Yass! Btw @Bone2pick I have an idea for my character that I'm not quite sure how to implement in this, or if I should. Let's say that my character was born blind, and uses his other senses to navigate, fight etc. and has learned to do so quite effectively, despite light conditions because that logically wouldn't be a factor unlike sighted humans. I was thinking his dragon might be able to grant him a sort of 6th sense that allows him to perceive more than he normally would, especially when taking the dragon's form. Perhaps being able to sense the energy that makes up life, to know the direction, size and shape of living things around him. I'm just wondering if you find this acceptable and how you imagine it working in this setting.

@DergTheDergon That's perfectly acceptable. And I'm happy to let you work out the process of how it works. Narrative ideas like that are a great way to invest in your character imo.

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]I heed your call, Bone. I shall inspect this carefully.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah man, I know you're busy with artwork, fellow duties, and your own RPs—but if you're looking for another fantasy romp, then look no further! ( :D )

I kind of crave giant blood. How often would you require my presence?

@Bone2pick

Also! I was reading the mechanics when I came across the line that read that dragons onpy speak draconics. What did you have in mind. I also have an idea.

I'm loose with rules. Post as you can, drop when you need to. This is intended to be a fun late summer / early fall adventure.

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]
Also! I was reading the mechanics when I came across the line that read that dragons onpy speak draconics. What did you have in mind. I also have an idea.

[/QUOTE]
It's just a mechanic to represent that dragon tongues can't articulate other races languages. So it limits them to speaking with one another while in dragon form.

Bone2pick said:
It's just a mechanic to represent that dragon tongues can't articulate other races languages. So it limits them to speaking with one another while in dragon form.
I was wondering if you already had some of the language figured. If you didn't I'd suggest the dovah language from skyrim. There's also a dictionary online that also has some non-canon words and ones for more modern words. It's pretty cool.

Bone2pick said:
Post as you can, drop when you need to.
I'm game.

Hey! I'd really like to make an application for this RP. The scope and depth of the world you're making is awesome~! Just to clarify (I haven't used RPNation more than once before) should I just post a character sheet and you'll either yea or nay it?

Thanks in advance~ <3

If you'd like you can pm me your character concept and I can let you know my thoughts on it? Or you can just post the finished character and I'll approve it if it looks good. And I'm sure it will. (^.^)

In order to keep interest (including my own) I'll get to work on a couple of in character posts. I'll be sure to set the scene and expand more on the gathering of champions in Groundwater. And then when we have enough players we'll start moving the plot forward.

No need to hurry, no need to worry. Everyone will be able to slip into this without a hitch whenever they're ready.

You bet it is, I'll be welcoming new players for quite a while. If you come up with any questions when you start making your character you can ask them here or pm me. ( :) )

Oh, thanks ! Also, are four-limbed dragons allowed ? Like, two legs and two wings like Smaug (no, not planning on using Smaug, but something that walks/flies the same way) ?

For a moment I thought you meant snake-like as in an Asian dragon and checked out and was like

"lel"

Yeah... I'll be turning a pterosaur into a dragon. Just kidding. It looks like a pterosaur but it ain't.

My dragon looks like a pterosaur but I'll try to make him as close as a (Jurassic Park version) raptor as possible. lel, I'm evil. Flying raptor.

Only a little bit. Not much fire breathing. The main weapon will be CLASSIFIED which will be awesome.

Okay, quick question. Are champions able to communicate with the dragons mentally or something like that ?

[QUOTE="Dark Severus]
Only a little bit. Not much fire breathing. The main weapon will be CLASSIFIED which will be awesome.

Okay, quick question. Are champions able to communicate with the dragons mentally or something like that ?

[/QUOTE]
The dragons can send signals to make the champions experience things like sweating, temperature rising, blushing and things alike, thus communicating with them. You'll find more under the "Mechanics" tab.

I was just about to say that :P

It must be even stranger for a teenage Champion. They have their normal hormones, then combined with the Dragon sending signals, it must be a nightmare.

But would a dragon choose someone that young?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back