• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Breath of Fire: Giantslayer

Bone2pick

Minority of One
Post your questions, comments, and fantastic ideas here. ( :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'll be making an application soon, but I have a question. Do the humans transform into dragons, or do they ride them on them?

@Redrobinwing The Overview already answers your question. Scroll to the bottom and read the "Player Role" section.

@Bone2pick have a couple questions myself. Do all champions have the same abilities and advantages given to them by thier dragon, or are we allowed to imagine those up ourselves to a certain extent? There doesn't seem to be a place for it on the cs. Also, Do our characters start off heading to the surface? Just after they become a Champion? Regardless I'll start on a cs when you feel like the thread's got all the info it needs.

@DergTheDergon My very first post as the storyteller will explain how nearly all of the champions have been summoned to Groundwater (a cavern city). There they will discuss and debate their plans to topple the giants.

Next question: I hadn't planned on different abilities, but I haven't ruled them out. The first thing to keep in mind is that I need the champion's mortal form to be somewhat vulnerable. Sure they're exceptional, sure they're nearly impossible to fatigue, but they would be threatened—if not killed—by a dozen enemies. That doesn't rule out unique draconic abilities, but it would limit them.

I need a little longer to finish the humanity section, but once it's completed we'll have enough to get rolling.

I'm really interested in joining this! I was wondering if there was a limit as to how many role players will be allowed to join?

Semblance said:
I'm really interested in joining this! I was wondering if there was a limit as to how many role players will be allowed to join?
I don't think a player cap will be necessary. If someone appreciates the setting, creates a quality character, and is enthusiastic to roleplay with us—then I'll accept them. (^.^)

@Seraph Darkfire I'm impressed with how quickly you came up with such a detailed charater. Nice job. And I really like the undertown you submitted; it shows you understand the tone of the RP. I'll be posting up some additional lore you might be interested in, but outside of that, excellent character.

@Bone2pick I'm glad you like him. I enjoyed making him. I wasn't sure how my Dragon would work so I just winged it. I probably will be interested in that lore.

Also, sorry if I am slow on posting, I recently burned my forefinger and middle finger.

The undertown I designed was made because I wanted metalworkers :P What I am proud of is their source of food.

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/4413-bone2pick/ said:
@Bone2pick[/URL] I wasn't sure how my Dragon would work so I just winged it.
I see what you did there..

I created a new tab to help explain the ins and outs of dragon transformation. I'm sure I'll be adding to it along the way.

It's a rapid change to be sure. It's a mystical process, not a genetic shift, so it doesn't need to go through all the motions. I'm thinking ten seconds if the champion wills it, or two minutes if he or she is forced to shift at sunset or sunrise. That will give them time to land...

I have questionnnnnnnnsss :3 First off, how would all these underground cities and towns be connected, if they're all connected in the first place? And what would these pathways be like? Also, how spread out would they all be? What's trade like? Second of all, how did the humans get down into these caves from the surface? And last but not least, how do these dragons actually go about choosing a champion? Does the human actually have to go into their tomb or something..?

Macbeth said:
I have questionnnnnnnnsss :3 First off, how would all these underground cities and towns be connected, if they're all connected in the first place?
Most undertowns are connected by winding (and confusing) subterranean tunnels. The more isolated an undertown is from a network of coming and going tunnels, the more resource poor (and as a result less populated) it is.

And what would these pathways be like?

Claustrophobic, maze-like, utterly dark, and terrifying. Travel in the underworld is dangerous. There's a reason man had to be forced down there.

Also, how spread out would they all be?

As in a straight line of distance? That's not a very helpful measurement in the crooked tunnels below the surface. Walking time is the preferred way to explain distance in the underworld. And it varies from town to town. Half a day to a day's walk for most neighboring settlements. A week or two for longer journeys. Mind you, a week or two down in the tunnels with only a small group is always risky.

What's trade like?

It depends on the culture of the particular undertowns.

Second of all, how did the humans get down into these caves from the surface?

From mountain caves that are the gateways to the underworld.

And last but not least, how do these dragons actually go about choosing a champion? Does the human actually have to go into their tomb or something..?

I'll outline this in the Mechanics tab soon. Great questions! (^U^)

@Macbeth I updated the mechanics tab for you.

Aye, thank you~! So would there be a lot of people who wants to try their luck as candidates, or are the people allowed in a little more select? Oh, and what's the status on magic (not including all ye mythical beasties)? I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere but I can't seem to find it..

Macbeth said:
Aye, thank you~! So would there be a lot of people who wants to try their luck as candidates, or are the people allowed in a little more select? Oh, and what's the status on magic (not including all ye mythical beasties)? I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere but I can't seem to find it..
Your first question is dependent on the undertown that's interacting with the dragon tomb. Each town varies in its customs and approach as to who they allow into the grave.

I definitely need to flesh out magic in the future, but for now humans have little to no sorcery. There's a lore reason for this in my notes. Magical artifacts, while rare, do exist—but humans can't create them. They can only recover the enchanted items that earlier (generally much earlier) races have forged.

The first IC post is up, it outlines the initial plot. I'll tag everyone who's expressed interest after I finish my character.

I made some additions to the mechanics tab. I'll be ready to begin as soon as I finish my character, and I expect to have her completed within two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back