• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia OOC

Alright. I don't entirely agree with you, but I can follow there up to a point. Still, you shouldn't ignore the tremendous benefits of a weak character. Characterization potential that comes loosing or a character realizing their own impotence or struggling against it, the power of a weak character turning three tables in an awesome twist and more. Having a character that is weak beyond just the mandatory minimums also presents a player that is concerned more with getting a good character or their own idea in than they are with winning, it's a sign of someone being more likely to be inclined towards sportsmanship. This isn't to say a person that makes a strong character can't be all these things, but I do hope I don't have to explain why that kind of attitude is more likely to come from a player that is less interested in being powerful.
The line isn't between "fairness" and "excessive". There is a line for excessive, but you can't just ignore he fields upon fields of intelligently-designed weakness that go beyond just being fair.

Don't get me wrong, I aint knocking weak characters. My main character a couple roleplays back was the weakest in the entire roleplay. But weak characters are only beneficial when they're INTENTIONALLY weak. If people make them weak without wanting or planning to play a weak character it never works out well in my experience. And that's the difference for me. If someone intentionally wants to play a weak character, great, some great roleplay can come from that as you said. But if they're only making themselves weak because they feel they're required to, that roleplay benefit goes right out the window.

4949e078f2e9586070ca7f4ca429113f.jpg
That's just adorable

Don't get me wrong, I aint knocking weak characters. My main character a couple roleplays back was the weakest in the entire roleplay. But weak characters are only beneficial when they're INTENTIONALLY weak. If people make them weak without wanting or planning to play a weak character it never works out well in my experience. And that's the difference for me. If someone intentionally wants to play a weak character, great, some great roleplay can come from that as you said. But if they're only making themselves weak because they feel they're required to, that roleplay benefit goes right out the window.
Well, yeah sure. If you have a weak character and you play them as you would a strong character because you'd isn't really want a weak one the point is mute.

Well, yeah sure. If you have a weak character and you play them as you would a strong character because you'd isn't really want a weak one the point is mute.

And that's precisely why I caution against excessive weaknesses/drawbacks. People should only have those if they truly want them, not because they feel compelled to have them because they think it's required.

And that's precisely why I caution against excessive weaknesses/drawbacks. People should only have those if they truly want them, not because they feel compelled to have them because they think it's required.
Sure. Still it's better to err on the side of excessive weakness over excessive strength. Even if you end up making little contribution that's better than a anegayive contribution

I find it a little strange that nobody gave a single point to Stain in the popularity votes yet, given how popular or at least talked about the character is.

Idea Idea Actually, while you're here, quick question to ask about the bag inspections that went on. What kind of stuff would of been confiscated, Itami stashed some booze which I imagine would have been taken, but what about his club?

Idea Idea Actually, while you're here, quick question to ask about the bag inspections that went on. What kind of stuff would of been confiscated, Itami stashed some booze which I imagine would have been taken, but what about his club?
Basically if it's an item that was in your items list in the character sheet, it's gonna be let in, otherwise, out. I haven't really specified it yet, but there was basically a registry for what would be brought since the PSA doesn't allow much in. Still, even if a weapon was allowed, this doesn't mean you can, say, bring it to a classroom or use it on a fellow student. But it could be kept in one's room as a memento or decoration or something.

Basically if it's an item that was in your items list in the character sheet, it's gonna be let in, otherwise, out. I haven't really specified it yet, but there was basically a registry for what would be brought since the PSA doesn't allow much in. Still, even if a weapon was allowed, this doesn't mean you can, say, bring it to a classroom or use it on a fellow student. But it could be kept in one's room as a memento or decoration or something.
Cool cool. I just wanted to check if he'd have it before he started unpacking, and so I'd know if it'd be available for future scenes like a villain attack or something.

So, wait. Shiri has a stash of booze in their room?

Cool cool. I just wanted to check if he'd have it before he started unpacking, and so I'd know if it'd be available for future scenes like a villain attack or something.
Well, most villain scenes will likely not occur when you are anywhere near those items. They should occur when the students are out of the PSA or during some event or during training, most of the time. I may change my mind about it though.

So, wait. Shiri has a stash of booze in their room?
For now I'm probably going to say he didn't list it and it got confiscated anyway, so he'll have to make a new one.

probably by stealing from the teachers. watch your back, mao.
Well, most villain scenes will likely not occur when you are anywhere near those items. They should occur when the students are out of the PSA or during some event or during training, most of the time. I may change my mind about it though.
YOU CAN'T TRICK ME GM MAN

For now I'm probably going to say he didn't list it and it got confiscated anyway, so he'll have to make a new one.

probably by stealing from the teachers. watch your back, mao.

YOU CAN'T TRICK ME GM MAN
Well, the way to acquire booze in the PSA is to buy it. Which you can even if you're a student, but you'll have to use your student funds. Or get a side-job after we start going out (of the PSA).

Well, the way to acquire booze in the PSA is to buy it. Which you can even if you're a student, but you'll have to use your student funds. Or get a side-job after we start going out (of the PSA).
PSA supports underaged drinking? Sweet. This makes onilife much easier. He'll only have to live off puddles, trashcan water, and Junsou's second hand smoke for a little bit.

PSA supports underaged drinking? Sweet. This makes onilife much easier. He'll only have to live off puddles, trashcan water, and Junsou's second hand smoke for a little bit.
They don't support it, but outside of when the PSA let's go to an internship, nobody is getting out. So vending machines which include less...recommendable products are included in the package.

They don't support it, but outside of when the PSA let's go to an internship, nobody is getting out. So vending machines which include less...recommendable products are included in the package.
Then it's a good thing Itami can't get drunk or else the dorm would get a hell of a lot more rowdy.

I'm not sure giving teenagers easy access to alcohol is the best idea. I foresee ... situations.. in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back