• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia OOC

Shammy while looking through pictures:

Well this is cute! I bet I could share this with the chat.

.....Hey there's more to this comic!

But why are Deku and Uraraka....OH SWEET CINNAMON ROLL JESUS!

e7c.png

~After First Year~
Riba: I can create a bone whip that can slice through the strongest of armor

Lián: I can conserve more water and use the small doses as scolding jets!
Duriander: I can go beyond my adrenaline rush and use adrenaline jockey to lift small vehicles!
Setsuo: I can shoot my flesh and bone into exploding darts of horror!
Aya: I can fly farther and faster, almost cutting through the air itself!
Toujou: I can use 5 tails without trying!
Octavia: I can barb my tentacles and destroy enemies in a instant!
Avery: I can make my bubbles bigger!
Everyone:.....
Avery: :D

~After First Year~

Duriander: I can go beyond my adrenaline rush and use adrenaline jockey to lift small vehicles!
Avery for best boy

~After First Year~

Well... that and then some.

-(Hint hint, he's gonna get a giant ass hammer and a fucking fishing pole, yes a fucking fishing pole)-

Yeah, but just like real life UA has finite space and even top tier people will have to go elsewhere. That's why I think it's perfectly reasonable to use UA students as a guideline. Starting out they're really no different than any other student. They haven't benefited from UA's teachings yet. So while I wouldn't use powerhouses like Icy-Hot as an example, I would use more background characters as an example.

And that's the key point I was making. Generally you should have some kind vulnerability, not even necessarily a drawback (although in this RP that seems to be a requirement). But SOMETHING so that you can be beaten, otherwise you're OP. But a lot of times people feel like they need more than they actually do. They don't get any roleplay benefit out of their excessive weaknesses, they only add it because they believe it's required. There's a line between having a weakness to make you fair, and just going overboard with that weakness. And it's often times difficult to know where that line is.
Alright. I don't entirely agree with you, but I can follow there up to a point. Still, you shouldn't ignore the tremendous benefits of a weak character. Characterization potential that comes loosing or a character realizing their own impotence or struggling against it, the power of a weak character turning three tables in an awesome twist and more. Having a character that is weak beyond just the mandatory minimums also presents a player that is concerned more with getting a good character or their own idea in than they are with winning, it's a sign of someone being more likely to be inclined towards sportsmanship. This isn't to say a person that makes a strong character can't be all these things, but I do hope I don't have to explain why that kind of attitude is more likely to come from a player that is less interested in being powerful.
The line isn't between "fairness" and "excessive". There is a line for excessive, but you can't just ignore he fields upon fields of intelligently-designed weakness that go beyond just being fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back