• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia OOC

Is there even a reason to do impractical costumes like the one I posted earlier? Considering that most of that stuff is cosmetic and not good for hero work in general, but people do seem to lean towards those types pretty often.
Have a tank suit.
View attachment 344834
In Boku no Hero Academia, one thing that is extremely important to understand is that practicality is subordinate to the image you give. It's everywhere in the series, with even the main conflict being between the symbols of peace and evil. For example, All Might's costume has 0 practicality to it, except maybe being baggy enough to not get ripped to shreds when he transforms. But this is a big reason as to why it is effective: it shows that with his own power, the #1 hero can defeat any threat just with the power of his fists and his courage. It inspires and gives peace and courage to the people.

Fighting villains is a very small fraction of a hero's job. Many of them maybe take on one or two villains in their lifetimes, usually simple thugs whose quirks are about as effective as "cardboard cutting blades". The vast majority of heroes don't really need to be practical so long as they are competent as heroes, which already includes passing difficult exams and harsh training, not to mention having actual experience and training in using your quirk, which your average thug just won't have cause it's illegal to use them in public unless you have a hero license AND the law allows you to classify the situation as an emergency.

It is also important to understand Hero costumes, unlike quirks, are not bound to a user. A hero costume can be stolen, and it can interfered with much more easily than a quirk. And if a hero is used to relying on a piece of tech rather than their own power, if they face a situation where that tech is less than stellar it won't just come off as a hero having a hard time because of a bad matchup, but it will make the hero look downright incompetent, since they are just relying on the hero costume or so it may seem.

So in short, a hero costume that is too practical steals protagonism from the hero, can be stolen or rendered useless, may create bad habits for the hero, and may not even be needed given the power level of the average criminal vs that of the average hero.

We could also go into the fact that hero costumes that are mechanical would be hella more expensive than just stylish things and a widespread use of them would take from the indidvidualtiy of heroes, thus making them harder to recognize by the public, and other similar logistic issues.

It's a personal issue and a pet peeve
The thing about quirks is that society literally stopped progressing because of them. When the world gained supoerpowers that understandly became everyone's #1 issue/priority.

Especially given the fact that pretty immediately there was a villain mastermind Willy bully ruling people by fear and extortion.

Not only that but the gender thing suddenly got more complicated now. Now there are people who can simply swap genders (we know this cause there are frog people in this anime/manga), maybe without even wanting to. I think it's self-evident how this would be problematic towards the ability to craft laws and policies around gender issues.

Still, this is a society where one person is a crocodile and another a zebra and they maybe coworkers. A society where a person may be able to turn people to dust and another zombie them and another makes flowers smile or something. Apart from some typical gender roles expectations, no one really gives a crap what gender you are, it's the last thing they'll be thinking of.

However Susanoo Susanoo the gender in the character sheet refers to the physical gender of the character, their sex. I don't care if they wear a skirt and lipstick or carry around lifting weights like a purse, I don't care what or who they want to f*ck, I care whether they have a hole or stick as they say. Because that's , in the end of the day, what puts you in the boy's uniform and dorm or in the girl's.

Also Leovonis Leovonis

Rule #20

You need to tell me (with a tag too) when you are done with the modifications I asked of you. In this case, that you jammed it all into a single CS so I could actually go over it.

If you did those edits already, you didn't tell me

In Boku no Hero Academia, one thing that is extremely important to understand is that practicality is subordinate to the image you give. It's everywhere in the series, with even the main conflict being between the symbols of peace and evil. For example, All Might's costume has 0 practicality to it, except maybe being baggy enough to not get ripped to shreds when he transforms. But this is a big reason as to why it is effective: it shows that with his own power, the #1 hero can defeat any threat just with the power of his fists and his courage. It inspires and gives peace and courage to the people.

Fighting villains is a very small fraction of a hero's job. Many of them maybe take on one or two villains in their lifetimes, usually simple thugs whose quirks are about as effective as "cardboard cutting blades". The vast majority of heroes don't really need to be practical so long as they are competent as heroes, which already includes passing difficult exams and harsh training, not to mention having actual experience and training in using your quirk, which your average thug just won't have cause it's illegal to use them in public unless you have a hero license AND the law allows you to classify the situation as an emergency.

It is also important to understand Hero costumes, unlike quirks, are not bound to a user. A hero costume can be stolen, and it can interfered with much more easily than a quirk. And if a hero is used to relying on a piece of tech rather than their own power, if they face a situation where that tech is less than stellar it won't just come off as a hero having a hard time because of a bad matchup, but it will make the hero look downright incompetent, since they are just relying on the hero costume or so it may seem.

So in short, a hero costume that is too practical steals protagonism from the hero, can be stolen or rendered useless, may create bad habits for the hero, and may not even be needed given the power level of the average criminal vs that of the average hero.

We could also go into the fact that hero costumes that are mechanical would be hella more expensive than just stylish things and a widespread use of them would take from the indidvidualtiy of heroes, thus making them harder to recognize by the public, and other similar logistic issues.
I'm not saying that they'd 100% rely on a costume to do all the work for them. However, I am saying it normally it increases survivability in tough situations that may arise. Also I never said they had no image either, it's just much less cartoony to them. They feel the reason villains still exist is because they get away with so much, and no examples have been made of them. Nothing severe enough. You can be a competent hero and still be tough to kill when stuff does go wrong... Also, the militaristic suits I'd say weren't too much tech compared to a full blown mech suit. Think modern military+Titanfall Pilots.

Why was she doing this? It had been a month since the last meeting of Yuckeroni and All Might and she was getting cold feet about all this. They had scheduled a date at a American themed restaurant, a meeting of friends he said. A meeting where one of the friends is the number one hero and the other being a quirkless nobody.

Yuckeroni had dolled herself up, even if it was just between friends. She wore a blue dress and her hair was in a high ponytail, she looked nice but didn't feel it. She felt like she was being friend zoned yet her feeling for him were so much stronger. Yuckeroni finally made it to the restaurant, a cozy little place with a flashy sign on top reading "Little West." The sounds of people chatting and laughing could be heard even from behind the glass. Yuckeroni waited for Toshinori for 10 minutes when fears started to arise. What if he couldn't make it? What if this was all some practical joke? Keeping with All Might hosted by Present Mic and the girl of the week, Yuckeroni.

However, while she was a day dreaming a cold hand came to her shoulder. She jumped, ready to hit whoever it was when she realized it was Toshinori. "Hey, you look good." He was in his civilian form, dressed in a yellow suit which caught the girl's eyes. "Oh! I thought you might not come." Shoot! Who says that? However, All Might looked her in the eyes with a look that showed no hate. "I keep my promises. Shall we?" He extended his hand, Yuckeroni taking his and following him inside. Oh how her heart fluttered as he showed he touched her hand.

The two sat down, both ordering a stake before it went back into silence. "So, how's work?" Yuckeroni asked making conversation, All Might nodding as he went into thought. "I tell you, my line of work is not easy. I've been getting slower." He let out a sigh, keeping everything vague in case of those who would ease drop. "Slower?" Yuckeroni asked, feeling something wrong. "It use to be a lot easier in my earlier years until my...accident." He touched his side, his eyes closing as he let out another sigh.

Yuckeroni felt like the date was off to a rocky start. What if this was all they had to talk about? She couldn't lose him so quick, she wanted to be their for him. She wanted- That's when a explosion could be heard from the streets then the sound of screams.
PERFECT

Why was she doing this? It had been a month since the last meeting of Yuckeroni and All Might and she was getting cold feet about all this. They had scheduled a date at a American themed restaurant, a meeting of friends he said. A meeting where one of the friends is the number one hero and the other being a quirkless nobody.

Yuckeroni had dolled herself up, even if it was just between friends. She wore a blue dress and her hair was in a high ponytail, she looked nice but didn't feel it. She felt like she was being friend zoned yet her feeling for him were so much stronger. Yuckeroni finally made it to the restaurant, a cozy little place with a flashy sign on top reading "Little West." The sounds of people chatting and laughing could be heard even from behind the glass. Yuckeroni waited for Toshinori for 10 minutes when fears started to arise. What if he couldn't make it? What if this was all some practical joke? Keeping with All Might hosted by Present Mic and the girl of the week, Yuckeroni.

However, while she was a day dreaming a cold hand came to her shoulder. She jumped, ready to hit whoever it was when she realized it was Toshinori. "Hey, you look good." He was in his civilian form, dressed in a yellow suit which caught the girl's eyes. "Oh! I thought you might not come." Shoot! Who says that? However, All Might looked her in the eyes with a look that showed no hate. "I keep my promises. Shall we?" He extended his hand, Yuckeroni taking his and following him inside. Oh how her heart fluttered as he showed he touched her hand.

The two sat down, both ordering a stake before it went back into silence. "So, how's work?" Yuckeroni asked making conversation, All Might nodding as he went into thought. "I tell you, my line of work is not easy. I've been getting slower." He let out a sigh, keeping everything vague in case of those who would ease drop. "Slower?" Yuckeroni asked, feeling something wrong. "It use to be a lot easier in my earlier years until my...accident." He touched his side, his eyes closing as he let out another sigh.

Yuckeroni felt like the date was off to a rocky start. What if this was all they had to talk about? She couldn't lose him so quick, she wanted to be their for him. She wanted- That's when a explosion could be heard from the streets then the sound of screams.
I hoped for something more spicy, but the drama is starting, so I'm anticipating the next one. 9/10 because no fucc.

Hello there.
I'm gewd. Gonna post IC really soon, just need to finish Octavia's part.
And how are you?
hello!! good morning to you too

i'm great, just tired. woke up early to get ready to leave for class :/

i'm feeling about as fine as i always am, just continuing to work on my new teacher character's quirk is all. working on it's disadvantages now, and after that i'm off to the biography.

nice nice, cant wait for that daddy teacher!! :3

i was thinking of him as more of the weird uncle or better yet, a duncle. dad and uncle combo.

anyways, i'm just gonna uh... take a little break from that to get my creative juices flowing again then work on it until 3am again

However Susanoo Susanoo the gender in the character sheet refers to the physical gender of the character, their sex. I don't care if they wear a skirt and lipstick or carry around lifting weights like a purse, I don't care what or who they want to f*ck, I care whether they have a hole or stick as they say. Because that's , in the end of the day, what puts you in the boy's uniform and dorm or in the girl's.
So is that all?

Okay peeps.
Tarou is standing near the All Might statue, so if anybody wants to interact with him then go ahead!

I'm not saying that they'd 100% rely on a costume to do all the work for them. However, I am saying it normally it increases survivability in tough situations that may arise. Also I never said they had no image either, it's just much less cartoony to them. They feel the reason villains still exist is because they get away with so much, and no examples have been made of them. Nothing severe enough. You can be a competent hero and still be tough to kill when stuff does go wrong... Also, the militaristic suits I'd say weren't too much tech compared to a full blown mech suit. Think modern military+Titanfall Pilots.
I was not referring to your character. You do you, within the boundaries of IC and OOC rules of course. I was merely referring to the general population, heroes and students at Hero academies alike, explaining their train of thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back