• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

I mean, even if there happened to be one sea dragon in existence, it was supposedly large enough to sink whole islands when it was angry. I could believe one lived in ASoIaF, but that a single man killed it? nah.

Leusis said:
@Archon
I think they'd surrender immediately if faced with the full power of New Ghis and being given those terms.
That's the goal, New Ghis isn't looking to depose the Good Masters, only to remake the old Empire, they'd be happy to allow Astapor to comfortably govern itself provided they understood they were essentially ruled by New Ghis, and had to pay the tax in Unsullied. New Ghis would obviously pay a comfortable amount of money to the Good Masters in compensation for the loss of their main economic driving force.

Hell, New Ghis isn't even on a Caesar-esque conquest spree. It's more like, "Serve us, and we'll treat you fairly, and grant you aid. Resist, and be crushed."

don't think the free men of the other cities would like that 3 years of service thing though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravos would never ally New Gris and i dont think Volantis would ethier being a proud daughter of Valayria and they are the two strongest free cites.

Leusis said:
don't think the free men of the other cities would like that 3 years of service thing though.
Probably not, but it wouldn't matter, like all societies; the most prominent, and powerful nobles of each City would be exempt from the rule. Which means there's no threat of open rebellion, Sons of the Harpy mumbo-jumbo won't be a thing thank God, since we're the same religion.

Akio said:
Bravos would never ally New Gris and i dont think Volantis would ethier being a proud daughter of Valayria and they are the two strongest free cites.
No way would Volantis, New Ghis and Volantis are basically rivals, since they're the remnants of the Old Ghis Empire and the Valyrian Freehold.

Braavos wouldn't enter a military binding alliance, but they'd probably happily trade with New Ghis.

New Ghis would probably be looking to ally Ibben, Qohor, or Myr. Probably Qohor or Ibben and Myr. Norvos would be ideal, but with the rivalry with Ibben wouldn't work, Pentos would have been nice instead of Myr but Braavos castrated them, so Myr - being the closest to Volantis - makes the most sense.

Archon said:
No way would Volantis, New Ghis and Volantis are basically rivals, since they're the remnants of the Old Ghis Empire and the Valyrian Freehold.
Braavos wouldn't enter a military binding alliance, but they'd probably happily trade with New Ghis.

New Ghis would probably be looking to ally Ibben, Qohor, or Myr. Probably Qohor or Ibben and Myr. Norvos would be ideal, but with the rivalry with Ibben wouldn't work, Pentos would have been nice instead of Myr but Braavos castrated them, so Myr - being the closest to Volantis - makes the most sense.
You forget Bravos hate slavers of any kind. The reason they nurtured pentos was because of slaves and Bravos and Volantis are harsh rivals because of it. Bravos was even founded by escaped Valayrian slaves, doubt they will be so glad to see an empire based on slavery rise

Akio said:
You forget Bravos hate slavers of any kind. The reason they nurtured pentos was because of slaves and Bravos and Volantis are harsh rivals because of it. Bravos was even founded by escaped Valayrian slaves, doubt they will be so glad to see an empire based on slavery rise
It isn't based on slavery, but military might. It just doesn't condone slavery, Braavos does despite slavery but they're also incredibly greedy, I'm not sure if their past and pride would allow them to shun the trade-empire of New Ghis; especially when they start trading with most other Free Cities.

To be honest, if the Empire is complete; New Ghis would have an utterly ridiculous number of potential soldiers, and I think I'd form a sort of Iron Bank, but instead of gold, swords. Such as donating a certain number of men to a king/usurper/free city/whatever, in exchange for future favors and gold.

Realistically, with Yunkai, Meereen, and Astapor being ruled and under the Three Term law, the number of soldiers would potentially be as high as 120,000. I dare say higher.

They'd probably help Myr conquer the Undisputed lands, help Ibben dominate the Axe... Voila, Myr and Ibben are far more powerful - indebted and allied - to New Ghis.

Volantis likes the war of 3 sisters, keeps people off them. Probably wont allow it. The Ax might happen though i was thinking of Cayden convince Bravos to make Novos stop competing for the Ax so Ib can take it as an alternate deal to handing over the north

Archon said:
It isn't based on slavery, but military might. It just doesn't condone slavery, Braavos does despite slavery but they're also incredibly greedy, I'm not sure if their past and pride would allow them to shun the trade-empire of New Ghis; especially when they start trading with most other Free Cities.
To be honest, if the Empire is complete; New Ghis would have an utterly ridiculous number of potential soldiers, and I think I'd form a sort of Iron Bank, but instead of gold, swords. Such as donating a certain number of men to a king/usurper/free city/whatever, in exchange for future favors and gold.

Realistically, with Yunkai, Meereen, and Astapor being ruled and under the Three Term law, the number of soldiers would potentially be as high as 120,000. I dare say higher.

They'd probably help Myr conquer the Undisputed lands, help Ibben dominate the Axe... Voila, Myr and Ibben are far more powerful - indebted and allied - to New Ghis.
And this would take years of careful planning to put in motion.

Years that your enemies can use as well.

Lancelot said:
And this would take years of careful planning to put in motion.
Years that your enemies can use as well.
Of course it would, I'm just talking about the potential endgame.

Where New Ghis in a more precarious position I'd agree, but they're essentially untouchable. Its only enemies at this rate will be Volantis, Meereen, and Yunkai.

Volantis can't do anything due to a lack of power, it's own problems, and a relatively large distance. Braavos won't be concerned until New Ghis becomes an empire, since all the Ghiscari cities operate on slave-trade as well as much of the Free Cities, they also have to fret over their Westerosi investments being ruined.

That leaves Yunkai and Meereen, who will be powerless; since New Ghis is already more powerful than both combined, add on the Unsullied they'll take from Astapor? They have a comfortable start. Let's not discount the fact that New Ghis would essentially ally with Myr and Qohor/Ibben, that ally combination alone is enough to deter any Braavosi/Volantine intervention. Since Braavos has no allies, nor does Volantis, only many enemies.

Archon said:
Of course it would, I'm just talking about the potential endgame.
Where New Ghis in a more precarious position I'd agree, but they're essentially untouchable. Its only enemies at this rate will be Volantis, Meereen, and Yunkai.

Volantis can't do anything due to a lack of power, it's own problems, and a relatively large distance. Braavos won't be concerned until New Ghis becomes an empire, since all the Ghiscari cities operate on slave-trade as well as much of the Free Cities, they also have to fret over their Westerosi investments being ruined.

That leaves Yunkai and Meereen, who will be powerless; since New Ghis is already more powerful than both combined, add on the Unsullied they'll take from Astapor? They have a comfortable start. Let's not discount the fact that New Ghis would essentially ally with Myr and Qohor/Ibben, that ally combination alone is enough to deter any Braavosi/Volantine intervention. Since Braavos has no allies, nor does Volantis, only many enemies.
Westeros is also really against Slaves.

And If Myr was to join your side it is likely Lys and Tyrosh wouldn't like you much.

And you are assuming Qohor and Myr would accept.

Lancelot said:
Westeros is also really against Slaves.
And If Myr was to join your side it is likely Lys and Tyrosh wouldn't like you much.

And you are assuming Qohor and Myr would accept.
As Centurion pointed out earlier, Westeros (or the King/Queen) would probably be more interested in the massive trade profit they could gain by being friendly with New Ghis, as opposed to wanting to go to war over slave-trade with a nation that is A) Extremely far away, B) Is only one, of many much closer nations partaking in slave trade and C) Is perhaps one of the most powerful.

Myr is already rivals with both Tyrosh and Lys, Myr is also probably the strongest of the three. There's no reason as to why New Ghis would care bout Lys and Tyrosh, combined they aren't as powerful as Volantis. Volantis isn't even a threat for the same reasons they aren't, not to mention I'm pretty sure every other Free City hates Volantis, so a Tyrosh/Lys/Volantis alliance is out of the question because Lys and Tyrosh hate each other, and both hate Volantis.

I see no reason as to why neither Qohor wouldn't join New Ghis. Qohor is in a very safe geographical position in regards to the Free Cities so wouldn't be at risk over it, and could even receive military aid against the Dothraki if need be. Myr may not accept, since Volantis might attack them, but again, they might accept. If they accepted and Volantis did attack them, New Ghis would send help.

Archon said:
As Centurion pointed out earlier, Westeros (or the King/Queen) would probably be more interested in the massive trade profit they could gain by being friendly with New Ghis, as opposed to wanting to go to war over slave-trade with a nation that is A) Extremely far away, B) Is only one, of many much closer nations partaking in slave trade and C) Is perhaps one of the most powerful.
Myr is already rivals with both Tyrosh and Lys, Myr is also probably the strongest of the three. There's no reason as to why New Ghis would care bout Lys and Tyrosh, combined they aren't as powerful as Volantis. Volantis isn't even a threat for the same reasons they aren't, not to mention I'm pretty sure every other Free City hates Volantis, so a Tyrosh/Lys/Volantis alliance is out of the question because Lys and Tyrosh hate each other, and both hate Volantis.

I see no reason as to why neither Qohor wouldn't join New Ghis. Qohor is in a very safe geographical position in regards to the Free Cities so wouldn't be at risk over it, and could even receive military aid against the Dothraki if need be. Myr may not accept, since Volantis might attack them, but again, they might accept. If they accepted and Volantis did attack them, New Ghis would send help.
I don't know if it is just me but I feel it would be slightly odd if other nations and cities just sat idly as a large military and economic alliance was formed...

If no one acted immediately I am sure the tension would be pretty high and a coalition of the willing type agreement might be formed.

(Just my thoughts.)

Oh I know, this is what I pointed out earlier. I imagine that a coalition of sorts will form and try and stamp out New Ghis whilst it's young. I imagine that will be my IC challenge. I think a Norvos/Meereen/Volantis alliance could form, which would be the threat I'd have to deal with. I still believe - even alone - New Ghis honestly has the power to beat all three, since by the time that happens I assume New Ghis will control Yunkai and Astapor. Norvos would probably join due to the fact New Ghis may ally @Elendithas Ibben. Volantis would despise New Ghis, and join to just murder us. Meereen would form the coalition out of fear that they're next (which they are).

I can't imagine anyother Free City caring though. And if New Ghis allies Qohor, then Norvos AND Volantis have to go though them to reach New Ghis. New Ghis could just lock Meereen down in a siege, and send all the Unsullied and 15,000 men to Qohor.

Unfortunately, Myr gets rolled over by Volantis, and then whilst it's being rolled over gets squashed by Lys and Tyrosh.

Archon said:
Oh I know, this is what I pointed out earlier. I imagine that a coalition of sorts will form and try and stamp out New Ghis whilst it's young. I imagine that will be my IC challenge. I think a Norvos/Meereen/Volantis alliance could form, which would be the threat I'd have to deal with. I still believe - even alone - New Ghis honestly has the power to beat all three, since by the time that happens I assume New Ghis will control Yunkai and Astapor. Norvos would probably join due to the fact New Ghis may ally @Elendithas Ibben. Volantis would despise New Ghis, and join to just murder us. Meereen would form the coalition out of fear that they're next (which they are).
I can't imagine anyother Free City caring though. And if New Ghis allies Qohor, then Norvos AND Volantis have to go though them to reach New Ghis. New Ghis could just lock Meereen down in a siege, and send all the Unsullied and 15,000 men to Qohor.

Unfortunately, Myr gets rolled over by Volantis, and then whilst it's being rolled over gets squashed by Lys and Tyrosh.
Bravos might help, they would not want a big empire in their backyard if its a slaving empire and while they hate Volantis they will not hesitate to stop the spread of growth.

Akio said:
Bravos might help, they would not want a big empire in their backyard if its a slaving empire and while they hate Volantis they will not hesitate to stop the spread of growth.
I highly doubt Braavos will join.

They hate Volantis far more than they probably fear New Ghis. Even if Braavos did join, they'd be hard pressed far a long war; slapping Pentos is one thing, but a large scale bloodbath which they might not win is something the Braavosi aren't accustomed too, I'd say if they did join they'd likely be the first to pull out, and quite early too. Likely after three or four defeats.

I still don't believe they'd join with Volantis in a coalition, even Meereen is a slaving-city. Why would Braavos waste it's manpower to help it's rival slavers, help other slavers, kill very strong slavers?

Cause they could make them owe him. And the swords of Bravos have no lack for bravery or skill

Braavos has very little to gain, and an awful lose in a war like that. Hell, the Volantine and Braavosi armies would probably end up fighting, and demoralizing the entire army. The Swords of Braavos are good, no doubt.

But even the common Iron Legionnaire is probably better trained and equipped than the common soldier in any of the coalition armies. Throw in Unsullied and War Elephants and the Swords of Braavos are way out of their element. They might be the dominant force in the Free Cities, but there's a reason the Unsullied are considered widely to be the best infantry force available.

Again, Braavos - as we know it - don't like to take risks, they like facts and numbers, the facts and the numbers of this war are not in their favor.

Whether they joined a coalition of sorts would be up to Centurion regardless, since I assume he'll throw me some IC challenge to deal with.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Wait wait wait.
Volantis and Braavos are being attacked too?
Nope.

I'm assuming that the moment New Ghis takes Yunkai and Astapor, Meereen will set up a coalition, which Volantis will join - rivalry and all - and Norvos if I ally Ibben.

Akio believes Braavos would join the coalition too.

Edit: Why in the Red God's name would anyone be idiotic enough to attack Volantis AND Braavos, Braavos is stupd enough, but they're the two most powerful Free Cities! xD

Archon said:
Braavos has very little to gain, and an awful lose in a war like that. Hell, the Volantine and Braavosi armies would probably end up fighting, and demoralizing the entire army. The Swords of Braavos are good, no doubt.
But even the common Iron Legionnaire is probably better trained and equipped than the common soldier in any of the coalition armies. Throw in Unsullied and War Elephants and the Swords of Braavos are way out of their element. They might be the dominant force in the Free Cities, but there's a reason the Unsullied are considered widely to be the best infantry force available.

Again, Braavos - as we know it - don't like to take risks, they like facts and numbers, the facts and the numbers of this war are not in their favor.

Whether they joined a coalition of sorts would be up to Centurion regardless, since I assume he'll throw me some IC challenge to deal with.
Please, the water dancers of Bravos are considered highly skilled. Unlike the Unsullied their warriors not soldiers. A water dancer would skewer a common soldier of the Iron Legion. The Iron Bank has also been known to knock down kings and raise peasants to thrones if it suits them. If they decided your the bigger threat then Volantis they will not lack in wealth, none of the coalition will. As for war elephants those might be the bigger problem but bravos may just sail and surround new Gris and starve them out or wait for them to try to come to them on the water of the lawls.

Roland Wilds pledges his sword to the murder of all the bitch made swords of Bravos. Try and get through my platemail with your toothpicks broskie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back