• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

I'm currently researching methods of winning a siege, because I can't afford tohave the Iron Legions and unsullied fighting, I think starving Astapor out is the best bet - with such a massive slave population I imagine it would be quicker than most starvation attempts. I imagine the Good Masters would surrender relatively quickly too, they aren't the most courageous of people; and if they surrendered peacefully, they'd be allowed to retain their nobility, and some power on a council. Hell, they could govern themselves, provided the Unsullied were donated directly to New Ghis.

TheAncientCenturion said:
What will probably happen is Kuvira and Braedon will fight first, weakening each other and making a window of opportunity for other players with less power to make claims.
Basically, Daenna and Viserys will likely make claims during this time and whoever the kingmoot rises. Those with less power will try to probably draw the Lannisters and highgarden into the war

WanderingJester said:
The Iron Bank would never allow that force to land in Westeros. They have way too much investments there to let it be jeopardized by such a large invasion force.
What makes you think the Lannisters will declare for Kuvira of all people? Especially after essentially placing Tiber under (her) house arrest for two extra weeks after the coronation? xD

Yea, because people would totally clamor over each other to serve another Tytos Lannister, especially with his son so different and so much better than his father since he's taken the reins of the Westerland. Mhmm.

I knew it. :P

Nothing makes me think that, that would just be - hypothetically - the most epic, severe, scenario possible. :P

Akio said:
Basically, Daenna and Viserys will likely make claims during this time and whoever the kingmoot rises. Those with less power will try to probably draw the Lannisters and highgarden into the war
Bro Viserys made a claim a while ago. He sent letters to pretty much everyone in Westeros.

Also, I don't think Braavos actually has the power to stop such an invasion force, of course they could just use Faceless Men, but those overpowered ninja-bastards are a little op in the roleplay, no?

(Wait, how would Nagito fair against a faceless man? With his amazing reflexes/awareness would he be able to survive?)

Elendithas said:
Bro Viserys made a claim a while ago. He sent letters to pretty much everyone in Westeros.
Making a claim and not being on the Continent you want to take over is a problem xD

Archon said:
Also, I don't think Braavos actually has the power to stop such an invasion force, of course they could just use Faceless Men, but those overpowered ninja-bastards are a little op in the roleplay, no?
(Wait, how would Nagito fair against a faceless man? With his amazing reflexes/awareness would he be able to survive?)
He's faced them before and lived (which means that the faceless assassins did not). Nagito can detect most (if not all) direct assassination attempts, such as someone trying to knife him in the back or handing him a piece of poisoned food. Only passive assassination attempts would work on him (getting someone who doesn't know there's poison in the food to hand him said food) and no assassins have tried that so far, though not from the lack of them moving against him.

Hardly. Making a claim and not being where they can send a group of assassins on a whim is the exact opposite of a problem.

Archon said:
Bravos has probably a fleet equal to the the Redwyns or the Iron Island if not even more powerful because thanks to their massive shipyard they can pump out a warship a day. On the water they could probably stop whoever they want from selling unless you had a massive navy...

Also the faceless men are not sworn to Bravos, that's just where their based since theirs a temple to every god though most likely the lords of Bravos would find them easily.

((Depends if hes killed on the first strike *doesn't wear armor* and if he would sense their killing intent soon enough

Elendithas said:
Hardly. Making a claim and not being where they can send a group of assassins on a whim is the exact opposite of a problem.
They can still send assassins on a whim, though your right they would have to find you

Akio said:
Bravos has probably a fleet equal to the the Redwyns or the Iron Island if not even more powerful because thanks to their massive shipyard they can pump out a warship a day. On the water they could probably stop whoever they want from selling unless you had a massive navy...
Also the faceless men are not sworn to Bravos, that's just where their based since theirs a temple to every god though most likely the lords of Bravos would find them easily.

((Depends if hes killed on the first strike *doesn't wear armor* and if he would sense their killing intent soon enough
It's beyond that. He's so hyper aware of people's body languages he can detect if someone's out to harm/kill him before a blade's even drawn from its sheath. Granted, with the superior training of the faceless man, the detection would come later, but not so late that there's a knife in Nagito before he notices what's going on (even not so late as to the point where the Yi Tish can't strike first).

WanderingJester said:
It's beyond that. He's so hyper aware of people's body languages he can detect if someone's out to harm/kill him before a blade's even drawn from its sheath. Granted, with the superior training of the faceless man, the detection would come later, but not so late that there's a knife in Nagito before he notices what's going on (even not so late as to the point where the Yi Tish can't strike first).
Honestly a really skilled faceless man and nagito might just kill each other if they got into close range, the battle would be over in one blow ethier way

Akio said:
Honestly a really skilled faceless man and nagito might just kill each other if they got into close range, the battle would be over in one blow ethier way
I was under the impression that all Faceless Men were of the same level, though some might have more experienced than others. If there is a such a thing, Nagito would be long dead without placing the "really skilled" Faceless Man in danger. That one would understand that the Yi Tish isn't as strong or really possess any passive detection skills, so he'll put some poison into Nagito's food while the servant's not looking, the food would get served, and Nagito would eat it and die. Simple as that.

So, I really want to study more about Medieval Siege Warfare, and just warfare in general. But at the moment, I'm hardly an expert, does anyone know a reasonable amount of time until the Good Masters of Astapor would surrender if they were being starved out?

I'd assume that under the terms of surrender, they may give up immediately, since my character would deliver terms saying should they surrender the city within the weak, all Good Masters may retain positions of nobility in the city, and could govern it as they please, provided they recognized the authority the New Ghis Masters council held over them. And delivered all Unsullied, and future Unsullied into the hands of the New Ghis army. They would also receive funding from New Ghis since Unsullied were previously their economy.

If they didn't surrender within the weak, the Iron Legions would begin launching animal carcasses over the walls to spread diseases.

How successful would this be?

@Archon

We would need to know a lot more about Astapor than what the books have given us to determine how long they would last in a siege.

I'd put them somewhere around 3-4 months as they might not have the best defenses but they do have essentially the best defenders in the known world and unsullied don't break so they would continue to fight until they dropped from thirst or starvation before they gave up. But the city is also rather large so the unsullied would also be spread rather thin on the walls so that and the fact they don't produce huge amounts of food is why I don't think they'd last absurdly long under siege.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancelot said:
Siegfried will summon Cthulu to the Ironborn side.
Real talk though. If the Targs can have dragons, why can't the Iron Islands have pet krakens? That would be soooo cool xD

WanderingJester said:
Real talk though. If the Targs can have dragons, why can't the Iron Islands have pet krakens? That would be soooo cool xD
xD How does one kill a Kraken?

Akio said:
xD How does one kill a Kraken?
I'm going with what I know them (not necessarily ASoIaF krakens), but it usually surfaces for a brief period to kill a ship before submerging again. So, from a GM POV, wait until it surfaces, then ram it with a ship and stab it a bunch of times (as with killing any other thing really) xD

Leusis said:
@Archon
We would need to know a lot more about Astapor than what the books have given us to determine how long they would last in a siege.

I'd put them somewhere around 3-4 months as they might not have the best defenses but they do have essentially the best defenders in the known world and unsullied don't break so they would continue to fight until they dropped from thirst or starvation before they gave up. But the city is also rather large so the unsullied would also be spread rather thin on the walls so that and the fact they don't produce huge amounts of food is why I don't think they'd last absurdly long under siege.
Oh definitely, I think that's a fair time frame.

But I'm not looking for how long it could last, but how long will it last. My question was more, would the terms of surrender, and the spread of disease potentially force the good Masters into surrendering far before the designated four month marker? They aren't the bravest of individuals after all, and a slave-population would spread disease like a forest-fire. And with the promise of retaining power, maybe the Good Masters would surrender exceptionally soon - especially if the people started rioting.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
I'm going with what I know them (not necessarily ASoIaF krakens), but it usually surfaces for a brief period to kill a ship before submerging again. So, from a GM POV, wait until it surfaces, then ram it with a ship and stab it a bunch of times (as with killing any other thing really) xD
I don't think A single ship would be able to do that, let alone plan out doing it with how rare the strikes are. They're apparently large enough to take down whaling ships, which are large enough to kill, carry, and process leviathans.

Elendithas said:
I don't think A single ship would be able to do that, let alone plan out doing it with how rare the strikes are. They're apparently large enough to take down whaling ships, which are large enough to kill, carry, and process leviathans.
Fair enough, I'll revise my advisement:

Ram it with a bunch of ships very quickly then stab it lot. Maybe even light some of those ships on fire first for good measure. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back