• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
I disagree with Daenna's case, though not as much for Cayden. The Targ's got one of the best anti-assassin in the world with her, so I mean, unless Desgran's got some Faceless men running around and stuff...
Really? I thought it was richer in RP? no?
They're poor in the same way that Dorne is poor, in comparison to other places, they both have their exports but they're mostly nique a rely upon a lack of other exporters and both lack the space and climate to mass produce the more commonly eaten crops that other regions can.

Leusis said:
We know next to nothing about Ibben except for the fact we know almost nothing about them.
Kind of reminds me of a few people with tons of influence. Like the Bank of Bravos, or the Faceless Men, Warlocks.
Except we know the origin and story of the Bank of Braavos, how it is run and how it came to be and how wealthy it is.

We are learning of the Faceless men and know that they are extremally succesful Assasins.

We know the Warlocks were one of the thirteen of Qarth and are capable of magic.

But we know nothing of Ibben except for Whaling ships in Kings Landing and dwarves...

WanderingJester said:
Wow, she really wants a piece of the Shadow King huh? Or are you going to keep saying it's just for the army, because there are easier ways to get an army than to swear fidelity to a half-breed from Ibben xD .
Akio said:
This
If she gets married to the Shadow King he'll likely leave. He see's the Ibbens as something the seven kingdoms will never accept especially Dorne. And he cares for her so there's no way he will watch her marry someone he see's as a mistake which made put it to war in the seven kingdom
Daenna was going to marry a Khal to get his army and they would be considered Invader's just as much as an army from Ib. So either way she would face conflict with the houses. However, Desgran's offer is more readily available and so if she was truly ready to marry herself off for an army then this is the opportunity to show it. Plus this is an easier way to get an army considering the circumstances. The fact that her sister believes the army will be her's will give Daenna the chance to use it to her advantage. Frankly if Cayden disagrees with the marriage she will be sad but she wouldn't try to pressure him to stay. Not is he doesn't wish to. After all it's not like he is offering her an army.

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Daenna was going to marry a Khal to get his army and they would be considered Invader's just as much as an army from Ib. So either way she would face conflict with the houses. However, Desgran's offer is more readily available and so if she was truly ready to marry herself off for an army then this is the opportunity to show it. Plus this is an easier way to get an army considering the circumstances. The fact that her sister believes the army will be her's will give Daenna the chance to use it to her advantage. Frankly if Cayden disagrees with the marriage she will be sad but she wouldn't try to pressure him to stay. Not is he doesn't wish to. After all it's not like he is offering her an army.

[/QUOTE]
Have she considered the possibility of getting an army without having to marry anyone?

Hypnos said:
They're poor in the same way that Dorne is poor, in comparison to other places, they both have their exports but they're mostly nique a rely upon a lack of other exporters and both lack the space and climate to mass produce the more commonly eaten crops that other regions can.
Oh ok, I guess we're retconning (or something). Idk I'm confused, so I'll trust you my fellow gm. (^.^)

I feel like you guys don't understand how much money can be made off whaling alone. Don't forget they are one of the two places that still have mammoths and the only place known to have unicorns. You could probably sell a unicorn like you could sell a dragon egg and same goes for a mammoth. You can also make things out of whales you can't make using any other animal.

WanderingJester said:
Have she considered the possibility of getting an army without having to marry anyone?
Oh ok, I guess we're retconning (or something). Idk I'm confused, so I'll trust you my fellow gm. (^.^)
Yes, but not a lot of options are available. She lack's money, influence in Essos, and the political knowledge to work something else out.

If she went to westeros to seek out an army she would have money and influence but be threatened by her sister and any enemies. The rebelling houses doesn't really help.

Leusis said:
I feel like you guys don't understand how much money can be made off whaling alone. Don't forget they are one of the two places that still have mammoths and the only place known to have unicorns. You could probably sell a unicorn like you could sell a dragon egg and same goes for a mammoth. You can also make things out of whales you can't make using any other animal.
Yea no we're not doing the whole "profit off unicorns" thing. Sorry, I'm not going to let that happen just because I agreed on allowing unicorns to be a gift to Daenna. Fair point about everything else though.

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Yes, but not a lot of options are available. She lack's money, influence in Essos, and the political knowledge to work something else out.
If she went to westeros to seek out an army she would have money and influence but be threatened by her sister and any enemies. The rebelling houses doesn't really help.

[/QUOTE]
Ever thought about meeting with one of the Iron Bank's directors? I'm sure they would be willing to help for some agreement about the future with Westeros.

Leusis said:
Skagos is known to have Unicorns, however it is true that whaling can make you a lot of money.

WanderingJester said:
I don't follow. I was under the impression Ibb has never been rich and no one has ever said it is (Though I haven't been up to date with the Essos tab for quite a while now) it has its grander places in the same way many poor countries have monuments and palaces buts it's a northern society that bases their economy on whaling and hunting it's not going to be as rich as even the smallest of the free cities, or some of the regions in Westeros (Reach, West maybe the Riverlands) but they would spend a lot on feeding the people and on maintaining a 40,000 men army (Which would be the majority of their male populous) I would put its economy at middling at best, yes it would sell the occasional exotic beast to a collecter of oddities but that would make maybe one guy rich at most and doesn't go back to the Royal coffers, if they mass exported them supply and demand would dictate that people wouldn't want them any more. Whaling would pay for the majority of their expenses but saying it would make them rich is like saying selling citrus fruits makes Dorne rich, it makes them a profit yes, but nothing to rival the Lannisters.

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Daenna was going to marry a Khal to get his army and they would be considered Invader's just as much as an army from Ib. So either way she would face conflict with the houses. However, Desgran's offer is more readily available and so if she was truly ready to marry herself off for an army then this is the opportunity to show it. Plus this is an easier way to get an army considering the circumstances. The fact that her sister believes the army will be her's will give Daenna the chance to use it to her advantage. Frankly if Cayden disagrees with the marriage she will be sad but she wouldn't try to pressure him to stay. Not is he doesn't wish to. After all it's not like he is offering her an army.

[/QUOTE]
He would have prefered the Darthraki. He knows the Darthraki have a strict honor code unless their strong enough to beat their Khal. And they both loved horses.

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Yes, but not a lot of options are available. She lack's money, influence in Essos, and the political knowledge to work something else out.

[/QUOTE]
Cayden had the political knowledge to work out things with Bravos, Bravos would be accepted interference just like mercenaries. Stannis used it and he was the most pissant king about honor. The 9 free cities and Westeros have involved each other in war often.

Wonder how would she react if he got Dorne to swear for her. Decided to remove his sister to avoid future war in the seven kingdoms from the Khal or Ib

Leusis said:
@WanderingJester kind of just assumed that if there was one unicorn then there were more, possibly enough to sell.
Actually unicorns are considered extreamly rat. Even where they have been known to been. No one had seen one in 3000 years outside of Ib

Well the Axe has a shit ton of gold and amber and thats a contested area for Ib and Norvos so its possible they get a good amount of income from ther since technically they both own it.

Hypnos said:
I don't follow. I was under the impression Ibb has never been rich and no one has ever said it is (Though I haven't been up to date with the Essos tab for quite a while now) it has its grander places in the same way many poor countries have monuments and palaces buts it's a northern society that bases their economy on whaling and hunting it's not going to be as rich as even the smallest of the free cities, or some of the regions in Westeros (Reach, West maybe the Riverlands) but they would spend a lot on feeding the people and on maintaining a 40,000 men army (Which would be the majority of their male populous) I would put its economy at middling at best, yes it would sell the occasional exotic beast to a collecter of oddities but that would make maybe one guy rich at most and doesn't go back to the Royal coffers, if they mass exported them supply and demand would dictate that people wouldn't want them any more. Whaling would pay for the majority of their expenses but saying it would make them rich is like saying selling citrus fruits makes Dorne rich, it makes them a profit yes, but nothing to rival the Lannisters.
Then compared to say House Valeran, or House Hightower, how rich is Ibben?

Leusis said:
@WanderingJester kind of just assumed that if there was one unicorn then there were more, possibly enough to sell.
Sorry, but I'm definitely against the whole "unicorn to improve economy" thing for Ibben. Like hypnos said it's oddities at best, but it's definitely not going to boost the economy of the nation as a whole.

If Desgran got a hold of the Axe in its entirety with no contest from Norvos he'd likely be richer than the Lannisters. Because the axe has a ton of gold and amber, plus the money from whaling, plus any skins they sell.

Akio said:
He would have prefered the Darthraki. He knows the Darthraki have a strict honor code unless their strong enough to beat their Khal. And they both loved horses.
Cayden had the political knowledge to work out things with Bravos, Bravos would be accepted interference just like mercenaries. Stannis used it and he was the most pissant king about honor. The 9 free cities and Westeros have involved each other in war often.

Wonder how would she react if he got Dorne to swear for her. Decided to remove his sister to avoid future war in the seven kingdoms from the Khal or Ib
The Dothraki would have been harder to contact and then she would have to convince them to cross the sea. Honestly, I'm just having Daenna get herself a bit of time to figure thing's out on her own a bit. She is only 15 and was sheltered for the most part. So everything is sort of overwhelming her and she isn't showing it but she will break soon if she isn't allowed a bit of freedom to relax. Though at this point I have half a mind to say fuck the seven kingdoms and have her go into hiding. She will eventually re emerge but not before she grows up a little.

Leusis said:
Well the Axe has a shit ton of gold and amber and thats a contested area for Ib and Norvos so its possible they get a good amount of income from ther since technically they both own it.
Mining it would be hard if both nations lay claim to it, yes it would bring in some income but I don't see much of that income getting back to Ibb since Norvos would sink their ships and steal it from them.

WanderingJester said:
Then compared to say House Valeran, or House Hightower, how rich is Ibben?
Sorry, but I'm definitely against the whole "unicorn to improve economy" thing for Ibben. Like hypnos said it's oddities at best, but it's definitely not going to boost the economy of the nation as a whole.
Poorer, Velaryon is in prime location to trade with every free city and enjoys the support of the Iron Throne of Westeros in its endeavours and Hightower runs the richest port in what is currently one of the most successful empires in the known world, I'd liken Ibb to the North if not slightly richer (North + Vale)

Leusis said:
If Desgran got a hold of the Axe in its entirety with no contest from Norvos he'd likely be richer than the Lannisters. Because the axe has a ton of gold and amber, plus the money from whaling, plus any skins they sell.
And if I could undisputedly control Oldtown, Lannisport, Gulltown, White Harbour and King's Landing I'd be richer than the Lannisters.

Axe is smaller than the Westerlands which also contains lots of gold so I'd say it'd still be off by quite a bit.

I'm not saying the Axe by itself could make them as rich as the Lannisters. I'm saying the Axe plus their whaling and furs would make them as rich or richer.

Hypnos said:
Mining it would be hard if both nations lay claim to it, yes it would bring in some income but I don't see much of that income getting back to Ibb since Norvos would sink their ships and steal it from them.
Poorer, Velaryon is in prime location to trade with every free city and enjoys the support of the Iron Throne of Westeros in its endeavours and Hightower runs the richest port in what is currently one of the most successful empires in the known world, I'd liken Ibb to the North if not slightly richer (North + Vale)

And if I could undisputedly control Oldtown, Lannisport, Gulltown, White Harbour and King's Landing I'd be richer than the Lannisters.

Axe is smaller than the Westerlands which also contains lots of gold so I'd say it'd still be off by quite a bit.
Ah, good to know. Thank you :)

Leusis said:
I'm not saying the Axe by itself could make them as rich as the Lannisters. I'm saying the Axe plus their whaling and furs would make them as rich or richer.
The Westerlands has other exports except gold as well and they have a lot more gold, I'd stil say Lannister holds it.

Now that I've read all this talk of Ib, I think I can clarify some things. To make this more logical, this is all from what I gathered in wikis and designed my Ibben around. LIST FORMAT BEGIN!

1. The Ibbenese are similar to Northerners of Westeros in terms of the average citizen. Military-wise, they're closer to wildlings, though with centralized training, though that isn't really a bad thing given the assault from behind the wall was for the most part hugely damaging to the Night's Watch even with how few wildlings there were attacking from that direction.
  2. My Ibben's economy is good. Nothing on the level of the Lannisters', so comparing them to the Westerlands is pointless. If I had to compare them to a kingdom in Westeros, I would most liken them to the Riverlands. Right in the middle.
  3. My Ibben is not as sparsely populated as Dorne. The reasoning behind this is that the Ibbenese are strong, hardy people, women included. Places that few could inhabit in Westeros would be MORE inhabitable by Ibbenese, not completely inhabitable like a bountiful forest or some shit.
  4. As I see it, Ibben is not even remotely close to resource barren. Maybe lacking in food, but that's how a lot of places are in the world, and people manage. Just because a place is cold or further North than another place does not mean there are less minerals and valuable things to be gathered. That isn't to say that Ibben mines everything they have, as metal armors, as I've stated, are incredibly rare. Metal weapons are common from both trade and mining. The infrastructure for mining isn't very good since in all honesty, there isn't much use for it to them. They typically need armors that can hold in body heat, so skins and furs are generally more desirable to the average person.
  5. The Axe is rich with gold and amber, but as stated, it is contested. SOME income gets to Ibben, but very little, let alone the fact that being in general conflict over the riches of the Axe does not bode well for mining. And no, it would not make me as rich as or richer than the Lannisters, possibly close, but still behind.
  6. Ibbenese do not profit from selling unicorns... Come on guys.

I'm sure there are some points that I missed that you guys have discussed, but this is all that I had in mind when creating the nation and the man that ruled it.

The only things I know the Westerlands produces other than gold and silver is food. I might just be lacking in information on the Westerlands though.

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]The Dothraki would have been harder to contact and then she would have to convince them to cross the sea. Honestly, I'm just having Daenna get herself a bit of time to figure thing's out on her own a bit. She is only 15 and was sheltered for the most part. So everything is sort of overwhelming her and she isn't showing it but she will break soon if she isn't allowed a bit of freedom to relax. Though at this point I have half a mind to say fuck the seven kingdoms and have her go into hiding. She will eventually re emerge but not before she grows up a little.

[/QUOTE]
One problem with that is where will she go? If she goes to Ib there is Zero way off the island. She would have no one with sailing experience in her retuine since Cayden would not follow her there and the Shadow King is not likely to let her leave. In Dorne there will be expectations of her even if Cayden were to negotiate with Bravos and lead the war effort.

Bruh Vance just stated she would be free to travel when not absolutely needed. This is a marriage of two houses, essentially, not love. He really has no need to keep her around at all times.

Elendithas said:
Bruh Vance just stated she would be free to travel when not absolutely needed. This is a marriage of two houses, essentially, not love. He really has no need to keep her around at all times.
You have to think of the young girls health as well as The Shadow Kings, what if the Shadows Kings body fails while they are consummating the marriage and he crushes her to death?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back