• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Vance got annoyed when you took like an hour..... Do you really think you'll get away with a whole day before he just, leaves?

Well it is getting late, already past dinner time, so I can try to drag negotiations a bit longer then use the excuse of retiring for the night.

Leusis said:
I find it odd that Pentos not only let 2,000 mercenaries directly into their city, but also that they're just letting these mercenaries assemble, receive commands and spread out again. If this was my city I'd see that as a danger and tell them to leave.
They dont even have an army, Pentos lost a bad war to Bravos and lost out on both slaves and an army. They keep the equivalent of indentured servants to get around it but to this day they have no Navy and a minimal army. They would have died to the Darthraki without them handing out gifts like coffee. They can't afford to offend the mercenaries especially those with a good reputation and a sizeable force.

Leusis said:
don't forget just gathering all of them and giving them orders will likely take hours and the negotiations will be over way before that.
if he went alone sure, but at every place he met his people he sent out two or 3 warriors around the city, so by the end he was having over 50 people gathering them. Not to mention they all went to inns where they were let off. And if i was giving out orders to individuals i would agree, but they move as units of dozens and hundreds. Really only 3 main jobs that need to be done

Archon said:
I'm not great on Westerosi geography, I was under the impression that the River Road connected to the Kingsroad at the start of the Neck; and that is Northern Land, but I may be wrong there.
And House Frey would be fighting against extinction, because keep in mind this is if they sallied out and attacked the Westerlands army,at that point there's no offer of surrendering from behind safe walls - since everybody is already in the midst of battle, and surrounded to boot. They can't exactly say "Screw it" when A) If they do, they get chopped up on the battlefield. and B) They're surrounded with nowhere to run. Again, I highly doubt two warriors would have anywhere near that effect, primarily because again the Frey army has nowhere to run, and it starting at 20-30 men is unlikely to reach further than a few hundred due to the scale of an army.

And by no means do I have any belief the Twins would hold out for 2 years, not even close. I'd give them around 9 months, a year at max.
I think we can agree and leave it off at that. I'll just leave this map to let you know about my reference. The two roads intersect almost by where the Riverlands ends and the Vale begins, so wayy south of the Neck.

Interactive Game of Thrones Map with Spoilers Control

I'll also agree with the sally forth idea. By then things must be desperate for the Freys, but the only thing I'll add is that I'm sure offers to surrender had been given before, and while they may not have been taken, the men could still sensibly notice that the Lannisters aren't exactly killing any wounded man they come across so far, and could understand that the enemy isn't necessarily a bloodthirsty horde hellbent on their lives. Fair about the endurance of the Twins as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leusis said:
Vance got annoyed when you took like an hour..... Do you really think you'll get away with a whole day before he just, leaves?
Marriage negotiations take time unless he just agrees to everything which is suspicious in itself.

Lancelot said:
Also Aemond will be staying at the Magistrate too and he could complicate things...
That's too, we wouldnt be able to if not another noble and William meeting Daenna further distracts

No, Pentos is an absolute massive city, to gather everybody across the entire thing and bring them to one location, then give 2,000 men orders and wait for them to get in place would take hours, I don't care if you sent 1,000 people to gather them. Its going to take hours. Just getting the garrison of Roland's castle to gather with all their equipment, receive orders and get moving took like 20 minutes.

You completely underestimate how difficult it actually is to get a force of hundreds of men, let alone 2,000 moving.

Also getting your entire company moving seems very excessive based on whats going on. Even if you plan to kill Vance you're still doing way too much work because even if Vance had an army outside the city. Pentos still has a small army of their own and big ass walls to hold them back while you leave on boats or something. I just find it odd that hes going through all this trouble for essentially no reason.

Also if you kill Vance you might as well delete Cayden and Daenna's CS because they'll be dead very quickly.

Leusis said:
Also getting your entire company moving seems very excessive based on whats going on. Even if you plan to kill Vance you're still doing way too much work because even if Vance had an army outside the city. Pentos still has a small army of their own and big ass walls to hold them back while you leave on boats or something. I just find it odd that hes going through all this trouble for essentially no reason.
Also if you kill Vance you might as well delete Cayden and Daenna's CS because they'll be dead very quickly.
Can you elaborate on the "dead very quickly" part? Just curious.

A man with barely any influence pisses off a very influential man with tons of wealth and power..... I'm pretty sure thats all that needs to be said.

Also Daenna isn't even playing hard ball right now, literally all of her demands fell in line with what Vance was offering to begin with. Negotiations are probably going to end in a couple minutes max.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leusis said:
A man with barely any influence pisses off a very influential man with tons of wealth and power..... I'm pretty sure thats all that needs to be said.
Also Daenna isn't even playing hard ball right now, literally all of her demands fell in line with what Vance was offering to begin with. Negotiations are probably going to end in a couple minutes max.
Vance is from a land that many Westerosi probably don't even know about and Cayden is the Prince of Dorne...

Leusis said:
No, Pentos is an absolute massive city, to gather everybody across the entire thing and bring them to one location, then give 2,000 men orders and wait for them to get in place would take hours, I don't care if you sent 1,000 people to gather them. Its going to take hours. Just getting the garrison of Roland's castle to gather with all their equipment, receive orders and get moving took like 20 minutes.
You completely underestimate how difficult it actually is to get a force of hundreds of men, let alone 2,000 moving.
They didnt go all over the city. He told them to go drinking and most likely they ran to the quickest inn to get too or maybe to a few favorites he would know.

Leusis said:
And Cayden is an all in person. Hes getting them to keep watch and Dallen to send his outriders out on a screen. He has no idea if Ib's already moving or if Vance has more men somewhere. He just gathered them, Dallen is the one who made the plan about what to do next. If needed he also is gathering them so they can leave without the long as gathering process of getting his men together if it did become urgent

NO KILLING VANCE!

I plan to marry Daenna to the shadow king in the end but she won't do so without a bit of a struggle first, though not to much. It won't be good if Cayden kill's Vance. I have an idea for Daenna and this is needed

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]NO KILLING VANCE!
I plan to marry Daenna to the shadow king in the end but she won't do so without a bit of a struggle first, though not to much. It won't be good if Cayden kill's Vance. I have an idea for Daenna and this is needed

[/QUOTE]
Wow, she really wants a piece of the Shadow King huh? Or are you going to keep saying it's just for the army, because there are easier ways to get an army than to swear fidelity to a half-breed from Ibben xD .

Dorne means what exactly? @Lancelot

Its a poor, sparsely populated, resource barren place that Cayden doesn't even lead and isn't even close to. Desgran could easily have Daenna and Cayden killed before they got near Dorne.

Lancelot said:
Vance is from a land that many Westerosi probably don't even know about and Cayden is the Prince of Dorne...
This

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]NO KILLING VANCE!

[/QUOTE]
If she gets married to the Shadow King he'll likely leave. He see's the Ibbens as something the seven kingdoms will never accept especially Dorne. And he cares for her so there's no way he will watch her marry someone he see's as a mistake which made put it to war in the seven kingdom

Leusis said:
Its a poor, sparsely populated, resource barren place that Cayden doesn't even lead and isn't even close to. Desgran could easily have Daenna and Cayden killed before they got near Dorne.
Easily killed how, does Ibben now have influence over all of Essos?

Leusis said:
Unlike Ibb which is a poor, sparsely populated resource barren place which Vance doesn't even lead and isn't even close to.

Leusis said:
Im in pentos. If he killed Vance he would immediately go to dorne without delay. By the time he realized Vance was dead he would be halfway to dorne and if Ib sets foot in dorne, dorne will fight even if they hated him. They will accept no foreign invader coming for one of their own

Leusis said:
I disagree with Daenna's case, though not as much for Cayden. The Targ's got one of the best anti-assassin in the world with her, so I mean, unless Desgran's got some Faceless men running around and stuff...

Hypnos said:
Unlike Ibb which is a poor, sparsely populated resource barren place which Vance doesn't even lead and isn't even close to.
Really? I thought it was richer in RP? no?

We know next to nothing about Ibben except for the fact we know almost nothing about them.

Kind of reminds me of a few people with tons of influence. Like the Bank of Bravos, or the Faceless Men, Warlocks.

Not to mention id like to see the men of Ib used to the shivering Sea fight in the hottest country in the seven kingdoms when they have no information on anything there

Leusis said:
We know next to nothing about Ibben except for the fact we know almost nothing about them.
Kind of reminds me of a few people with tons of influence. Like the Bank of Bravos, or the Faceless Men, Warlocks.
Ibben is one of the poorest and strangest nations that even their traders hate and distrust everyone around them. This trade is mainly in skins from sea animals. They have less resources then the iron islands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back