• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Fezzes said:
Sounds good. I can understand essay pains.
Whelp, the North's going to war now. Guess the Vale's really gotta get it's act together...

By that I mean Gelgin getting the hell out of dodge and back to the Errye before King's Landing's besieged.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Whelp, the North's going to war now. Guess the Vale's really gotta get it's act together...
By that I mean Gelgin getting the hell out of dodge and back to the Errye before King's Landing's besieged.
Is the Vale the only place with Kuriva right now? Or is the west as well?

WanderingJester said:
I'll have to get on that, yeah. I'm also kinda not sure what to do about the heir being MIA.

Akio said:
Is the Vale the only place with Kuriva right now? Or is the west as well?
Just the Vale and Crownlands. The Reach, Westerlands and Dorne are all neutral as of right now.

WanderingJester said:
Well, yes, I mean unless the North is tied up with a certain dwarven whaler amphibious invasion. Tiber can always just pound the walls with catapults and trebuchets non stop on both sides until they come down. Trust me, Tiber's got plenty of siege weapons, no need for dragons or mammoths necessarily xD . The psychological warfare of constantly hearing rocks crash against your walls would also work against the defenders. Men have been driven to madness by less in war time. Hell, the Northern and Riverland Armies could either be on Tiber's side or destroyed by the time the siege happens, I mean I don't think Tiber would start a siege on a defensible position like the Twins without covering his bases lol.
Again, wading back into hypothetical territory here, since we've agreed that Tiber has no reason at all to do something as drastic as such, at least for the moment. ( :) )
Ahhha, but this wouldn't work. Have you seen the scale of the Twins? He could only attack one side of the Twins, the Southernmost Fort, and the defenders would be supplied with food from the Northern Fort.

Someone like Egyll would also be intelligent enough to have his generals set up shifts, in which soldiers take turns in manning the walls, and heading to the Northern Fort for reset, and relax. The Twins couldn't be psyched out, nor starved out. Unless Tiber had an army attacking from both sides... which as I've said, isn't possible.

This is what I was talking about earlier, such a beautiful position strategically... I don't even like the Freys really, I just love the Frey who came up with the toll idea, and the Freys who built the Twins. Complete geniuses!

WanderingJester said:
Just the Vale and Crownlands. The Reach, Westerlands and Dorne are all neutral as of right now.
Like how two of the strongest nations (perhaps the two strongest) are currently completely neutral. Dorne might not be Neutral for long

It makes sense, since they both have to deal with a slight Ironborn problem.

Dorne is neutral in everything, anyway... So...

It all makes sense! :D

Archon said:
Ahhha, but this wouldn't work. Have you seen the scale of the Twins? He could only attack one side of the Twins, the Southernmost Fort, and the defenders would be supplied with food from the Northern Fort.
Someone like Egyll would also be intelligent enough to have his generals set up shifts, in which soldiers take turns in manning the walls, and heading to the Northern Fort for reset, and relax. The Twins couldn't be psyched out, nor starved out. Unless Tiber had an army attacking from both sides... which as I've said, isn't possible.

This is what I was talking about earlier, such a beautiful position strategically... I don't even like the Freys really, I just love the Frey who came up with the toll idea, and the Freys who built the Twins. Complete geniuses!
Why not? The river isn't made of lava. It can be crossed from upstream or downstream from the Twins, just requires more effort and manpower in order to do. Hell, he could just split his forces, march one down to Crossroads Inn and leave the other as a holding force, then march back up North. If the Lannisters could successfully besiege Riverrun, which requires a force from three sides, having the same thing happening to the Twins wouldn't be out of the question.

Akio said:
Like how two of the strongest nations (perhaps the two strongest) are currently completely neutral. Dorne might not be Neutral for long
Yup yup, I mean, not sure how Dorne will factor into things but hoping to find out! :)

The Twins are canonically the only safe way to traverse the Neck. If Tiber tries to go around,he would lose an enormous amount of men to the treacherous terrain of the swamplands, namely quicksand. And Crannogmen raids, you're talking about transporting a whole army remember, it just isn't feasible. It'd be incredibly time consuming, even more dangerous, and nothing stops the Freys from launching a full-scale attack on the half army left behind.

The crossroads in route is exactly the same, in that the weakened Lannister army would almost certainly be sandwiched between the Freys and Crannogmen. Can you imagine how disastrous that position would be, if the Crannogmen attacked the Northern Lannister army the Northern Frey defenders would sally out and flank the Westerlanders from the rear.

Even without the Crannogmen, the North would almost certainly lift the siege before The Twins are starved out since I don't see how Ibben could possibly win that war without more support.

WanderingJester said:
Why not? The river isn't made of lava. It can be crossed from upstream or downstream from the Twins, just requires more effort and manpower in order to do. Hell, he could just split his forces, march one down to Crossroads Inn and leave the other as a holding force, then march back up North. If the Lannisters could successfully besiege Riverrun, which requires a force from three sides, having the same thing happening to the Twins wouldn't be out of the question.
Yup yup, I mean, not sure how Dorne will factor into things but hoping to find out! :)
Most likely they'll be hosting Daenna unless something extreme happens. This is about to be a war of 5 kings and queens. Daenna, Viserys, Kuriva, Brandeon, and whatever or who ever the Iron Islands raise at the Kingsmoot

Archon said:
The Twins are canonically the only safe way to traverse the Neck. If Tiber tries to go around,he would lose an enormous amount of men to the treacherous terrain of the swamplands, namely quicksand. And Crannogmen raids, you're talking about transporting a whole army remember, it just isn't feasible. It'd be incredibly time consuming, even more dangerous, and nothing stops the Freys from launching a full-scale attack on the half army left behind.
The crossroads in route is exactly the same, in that the weakened Lannister army would almost certainly be sandwiched between the Freys and Crannogmen. Can you imagine how disastrous that position would be, if the Crannogmen attacked the Northern Lannister army the Northern Frey defenders would sally out and flank the Westerlanders from the rear.

Even without the Crannogmen, the North would almost certainly lift the siege before The Twins are starved out since I don't see how Ibben could possibly win that war without more support.
Yeah, you're again counting on the Crannogmen or the North to come to the Freys aid, which I'm discounting (not going with RP situation, just a hypothetical one). In a simple Frey/Riverlands vs Lannister/Westerlands scenario, both the sandwiched method would be for nought. Now I can understand possible reinforcements coming from perhaps Riverrun, which would be problematic, but I would assume that Riverrun would be already taken by the time the siege begins at the Twins (I mean why he might want to siege such a defensible position that's not even the capital of the region/kingdom before Riverrun is something I can't think of at all, especially with his intelligence). So with the force/reinforcement stifled (either destroyed or discouraged to aid the Freys), that would take away the sandwich method completely.

Now, continuing with that scenario, I think you're vastly overestimating the amount of men at the Twins. According to the RP force spreadsheet, at maximum force House Frey can only muster 3800 men. I'll use the current attacking force at Casterly Rock at the moment, which by the time it mobilizes will have drummed up an upwards of 40000 men strong. I'll take half of that number off from the casualties from taking Riverrun as well as attrition and desertion. That would still leave 20000 men besieging the Twins. Split the force in half to march around to the Crossing and back, and you leave 10000 men.

Unless the Frey have the same idea as wildfire or something, they just don't have the numbers even if they sally forth to attack the split force. The 3:1 power ratio rule here still applies for the attackers, because even if they don't have large fortress walls to defend from, the holding force would certainly dig entrenchments and form barricades if the attack came from night or fast enough to not let them set up formations on an open battlefield. If the Freys lined up their men, and then waited for the holding force to form up, then the 3:1 ratio wouldn't matter, but they're still outnumbered more than 2:1. As we've discussed before, it's harder for the average soldier to live when two people are stabbing/slicing at him at the same time. The Freys would get routed off that field, and there would still be a relatively fresh and strong force coming up from the other side of the Twins.

The Twins are a great fortress don't get me wrong. But in the scenario Jester is proposing there is no doubt in my mind the Lannisters would take The Crossing.

TheAncientCenturion said:
RPNation suddenly decided to not tell me of any new posts. . .
mC7cTyN3.jpeg

RPNation has a habit of being a dick.

Without knowing it Cayden is giving power to the biggest threat to Daenna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back