• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

This conversation is confusing me, especially since I keep dropping in at random times.

Where currently are Daenna and her gaggle of people?

Fezzes said:
This conversation is confusing me, especially since I keep dropping in at random times.
Where currently are Daenna and her gaggle of people?
Daenna's at the magistrates castle while Cayden's running around rallying his guard so Pentos has a lot of activity going on right now because his mercenaries are riding all over the place. You can meet one of them or even cayden himself if you want to be directed towards the palace and join in

Archon said:
I never said you had anything against him. :P
I'm just saying he isn't Walder, and he's very, very, smart. So deception wouldn't work in taking the Twins.

And I mean no offense when I say this, but I think you're making the GC something they're really not. xD Any army, ever, would be devoured in a frontal fort assault. No matter how skilled, the whole basis of an assault is attacking a castle with overwhelming numbers. The attacking force will always take thrice as many casualties.

It's like the Soviet Union vs Germany, the Soviet's took millions more losses, but won on the Eastern front anyway because they had the manpower. The Golden Company don't have a manpower advantage.

And... Why am I still talking? This isn't even a debate. xD I'm very aware Tiber could squash the Twins, I guess I just have no amount of faith that the GC could get anywhere near doing it single-handedly. At the end f the day, they're just good soldiers. Great in a pitched battle, but not great at not running at walls and getting shot with arrows in an assault.

Meh, I guess we see how it goes. Perhaps I can take Seagard by force of arms if things go well.
Meh, you're right. I think I'm making the GC out of more of a special forces type thing in my head, rather than a bunch of veterans. Unless Centurion saids otherwise, I'll just assume they're just an army made out of veterans and nothing more.

I didn't even consider Tiber attacking the Twins (I just don't see a need to at the moment, it's not like he need to head to the North or anything). lol, just wanted to see if some really specialized group in unconventional warfare would be able to take the Twins in ways that doesn't necessarily require a frontal assault. Say, a motivated Bronn leading a group from House Twenty? I think that would be a good match to see just how far (if far enough) that group would go in completing their objective, especially with a conventional army on standby (but only one side of the Twins).

@Fezzes lol, Rowan's older lost brother xD

You know, i think i might make a character sheet for Cayden's two main subordinates since it seems their gonna play an important part.

Akio said:
Daenna's at the magistrates castle while Cayden's running around rallying his guard so Pentos has a lot of activity going on right now because his mercenaries are riding all over the place. You can meet one of them or even cayden himself if you want to be directed towards the palace and join in
Sounds good. I'll read a little for some context, then see if I can work in William with the thing.

WanderingJester said:
If they ever meet, someone must comment how similar they look.

Fezzes said:
Sounds good. I'll read a little for some context, then see if I can work in William with the thing.
If they ever meet, someone must comment how similar they look.
And of course each will deny it, preferably in unison xD . Honestly though, I don't really see a happy ending for Rowan. He's too nice of a guy to live long enough to meet someone who might be a long lost sibling or something lolz

@Akio So how do we want to work this? I'll post of William being in an inn somewhere, you post Cayden or one of his men (preferably Cayden) bursting in. William offers to come if there's good money, quickly adjusting it down to almost free if he hears it's Daenna Targaryen? Sound like a plan?

Fezzes said:
@Akio So how do we want to work this? I'll post of William being in an inn somewhere, you post Cayden or one of his men (preferably Cayden) bursting in. William offers to come if there's good money, quickly adjusting it down to almost free if he hears it's Daenna Targaryen? Sound like a plan?
Right now hes mostly relying on his own men but if he asks he may hire him just to beef up who's he's sending. He'll find out its Daenna the second he gets to the castle.

Akio said:
Right now hes mostly relying on his own men but if he asks he may hire him just to beef up who's he's sending. He'll find out its Daenna the second he gets to the castle.
Cool. I'll get writing.

Hey, @Crimson smile would Daenna recognise William, since he was one of the Kingsguard up until she was ten? Maybe not immediately, because he's changed a fair bit in the five years, but would it eventually dawn on her?

WanderingJester said:
Meh, you're right. I think I'm making the GC out of more of a special forces type thing in my head, rather than a bunch of veterans. Unless Centurion saids otherwise, I'll just assume they're just an army made out of veterans and nothing more.
I didn't even consider Tiber attacking the Twins (I just don't see a need to at the moment, it's not like he need to head to the North or anything). lol, just wanted to see if some really specialized group in unconventional warfare would be able to take the Twins in ways that doesn't necessarily require a frontal assault. Say, a motivated Bronn leading a group from House Twenty? I think that would be a good match to see just how far (if far enough) that group would go in completing their objective, especially with a conventional army on standby (but only one side of the Twins).

Yeah, they are pretty much just an army of veterans xD .

And an assault on The Twins by Tiber would probably fail come to think of it, since if that were to happen clearly The Freys are with The Riverlands/North, and I believe The Northern Army would roll up in time to save my sorry ass. Luckily, Tiber isn't going to invade. ^^

The problem with an attempt at taking The Twins through subterfuge is both Forts have a drawbridge and portcullis, and...well, there are two forts. So a sneak in, open gate, win strategy wouldn't work. And beside that, I can't think of any viable unconventional methods of attack. Tiber doesn't have dragons, giants, mammoths are wildfire after all.

Although one way that would work is have Bronn and his Ten Good Men sneak in and lower the drawbridge, whilst Ramsay and his Twenty Good Men Raise the portcullis.

Karl 'Fookin Legend' Tanner of Gin Alley could deal with any Frey patrols, or guards.

Fezzes said:
Cool. I'll get writing.
Hey, @Crimson smile would Daenna recognise William, since he was one of the Kingsguard up until she was ten? Maybe not immediately, because he's changed a fair bit in the five years, but would it eventually dawn on her?
You know at some point if she does declare for herself hes probably gonna try and convince her to form a new queensguard, since its adds legitimacy and a way to bestow favor on certain individuals sworn to her side outside of the great houses or perhaps even in them

Last edited by a moderator:
Fezzes said:
Cool. I'll get writing.
Probably yea. Especially if she knew him personally somehow

Last edited by a moderator:
Archon said:
Yeah, they are pretty much just an army of veterans xD .
And an assault on The Twins by Tiber would probably fail come to think of it, since if that were to happen clearly The Freys are with The Riverlands/North, and I believe The Northern Army would roll up in time to save my sorry ass. Luckily, Tiber isn't going to invade. ^^

The problem with an attempt at taking The Twins through subterfuge is both Forts have a drawbridge and portcullis, and...well, there are two forts. So a sneak in, open gate, win strategy wouldn't work. And beside that, I can't think of any viable unconventional methods of attack. Tiber doesn't have dragons, giants, mammoths are wildfire after all.

Although one way that would work is have Bronn and his Ten Good Men sneak in and lower the drawbridge, whilst Ramsay and his Twenty Good Men Raise the portcullis.

Karl 'Fookin Legend' Tanner of Gin Alley could deal with any Frey patrols, or guards.
Well, yes, I mean unless the North is tied up with a certain dwarven whaler amphibious invasion. Tiber can always just pound the walls with catapults and trebuchets non stop on both sides until they come down. Trust me, Tiber's got plenty of siege weapons, no need for dragons or mammoths necessarily xD . The psychological warfare of constantly hearing rocks crash against your walls would also work against the defenders. Men have been driven to madness by less in war time. Hell, the Northern and Riverland Armies could either be on Tiber's side or destroyed by the time the siege happens, I mean I don't think Tiber would start a siege on a defensible position like the Twins without covering his bases lol.

Again, wading back into hypothetical territory here, since we've agreed that Tiber has no reason at all to do something as drastic as such, at least for the moment. ( :) )

Akio said:
You know at some point if she does declare for herself hes probably gonna try and convince her to form a new queensguard, since its adds legitimacy and a way to bestow favor on certain individuals sworn to her side outside of the great houses or perhaps even in them
Yeah, William's going to be hoping she declares for herself, especially since he knows that she's the only legit Targ left alive, besides Maeryn. He doesn't know Maeryn's dead.

[QUOTE="Crimson smile]Probably yea. Especially if she knew him personally somehow

[/QUOTE]
She recognized Cayden and they hadn't seen each other in four years though he recognized her first

Fezzes said:
Yeah, William's going to be hoping she declares for herself, especially since he knows that she's the only legit Targ left alive, besides Maeryn. He doesn't know Maeryn's dead.
He'll probably try and get William and Nagito to swear to this new Queensguard when its formed, William because it adds a sense of legitimacy and the knowledge he knows on Targaryan blood lines and Nagito for his skill

Fezzes said:
Hang on, am I high, or are the Westerlands going to be on the Loyalist side of this?
Wait, what? This is news to me. Where did you get that? xD .

Akio said:
She recognized Cayden and they hadn't seen each other in four years though he recognized her first
He'll probably try and get William and Nagito to swear to this new Queensguard when its formed, William because it adds a sense of legitimacy and the knowledge he knows on Targaryan blood lines and Nagito for his skill
Oh that'll be funny. "Hey Nagito, I need you to repeat after me." *Blank Stare from Nagito*

WanderingJester said:
Oh that'll be funny. "Hey Nagito, I need you to repeat after me." *Blank Stare from Nagito*
It would take some effort xD He might just hire a translator

WanderingJester said:
Okay, I guess I'm totally confused, then. As usual.

And that will be an... interesting ceremony.

Fezzes said:
Okay, I guess I'm totally confused, then. As usual.
And that will be an... interesting ceremony.
I'm pretty sure no one will complain when nagito after nagito fights for the first time. He may be the finest sword in the realm with that Valayrian steel katana

WanderingJester said:
Oh, it's okay. How can I help you clear up some of the confusion? ( :) )
You're discussing fighting the Freys and stuff, so I assumed that meant you were fighting the Riverlands and the North, thus probably on the Crown's side.

Fezzes said:
You're discussing fighting the Freys and stuff, so I assumed that meant you were fighting the Riverlands and the North, thus probably on the Crown's side.
Oh no, just doing a brain exercise with hypothetical scenarios and such. I like to pit attackers against near impenetrable defenses to see how someone might win an attack without brute forcing his way through you know? Just like food for thoughts and stuffy stuff (o'v'o) Nothing related to IC at the moment.

WanderingJester said:
Oh no, just doing a brain exercise with hypothetical scenarios and such. I like to pit attackers against near impenetrable defenses to see how someone might win an attack without brute forcing his way through you know? Just like food for thoughts and stuffy stuff (o'v'o) Nothing related to IC at the moment.
Fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back