• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

TheAncientCenturion said:
I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm thinking up different things to do, so posting doesn't get repetitive. But it's like I'm in the Sahara of creativity.
Well your also drunk/hung over

Katanas are cool and all, but they're useless against anybody whos not using stuff like lamellar, and even then its not very good at getting through that. Katanas just aren't good weapons at killing people who are actually prepared to fight back and have the money to afford the equipment they really need. Thats why ashigaru (peasant warriors, pretty much levies) who only really wore cloth or leathers were cut down like children by the samurai. Put a knight against a samurai and the knight will destroy the samurai every time due to armor and weaponry alone.

Leusis said:
Katanas are cool and all, but they're useless against anybody whos not using stuff like lamellar, and even then its not very good at getting through that. Katanas just aren't good weapons at killing people who are actually prepared to fight back and have the money to afford the equipment they really need. Thats why ashigaru (peasant warriors, pretty much levies) who only really wore cloth or leathers were cut down like children by the samurai. Put a knight against a samurai and the knight will destroy the samurai every time due to armor and weaponry alone.
Even there, knight is an objective term because of how the knight changed over time and how it was different in cultures.

I am hung over, sorry! I went day drinking. . .
It looks like Barbarian rubbish. Look at this sexy thing, though!

xPompeii3a.jpg.pagespeed.ic.k66AFhZWeR.jpg
It was a shit weapon back in ancient times out of formation and it still is.

It should also be said that katanas and most iron steel that came out of Japan in the past was inferior in quality to that of European and Middle Eastern steel. I can't speak much for Indian/Chinese. But they had such poor quality in their iron that it was hard making strong weapons like we see in Europe.

And their pattern and steel folding isn't impressive. Even the Celts and Gauls were doing that in 700 BC (albeit they had the best metallurgy in the ancient world. But they were barbarians and ended rightfully).

Plus when you're drunk, you're the most creative person in the universe.
This is VERY true.

I'd post here when I'm drunk, but said post would be riddled with spelling mistakes.

Leusis said:
It was a shit weapon back in ancient times out of formation and it still is.
The weapon that comes only before the spear and the AK47 for taking the most lives in history?

The gladius' are great weapons, in and out of formation.

Leusis said:
Not denying a Western Knight would destroy a samurai based on equipment, I just like the Katana, and the idea of Bushido and the like itself

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Even there, knight is an objective term because of how the knight changed over time and how it was different in cultures.
Okay, your sterotypical knight in fullplate wielding a longsword.

The weapon that comes only before the spear and the AK47 for taking the most lives in history?
lol at least the spear does something xD

Akio said:
Not denying a Western Knight would destroy a samurai based on equipment, I just like the Katana, and the idea of Bushido and the like itself
Samurai were awesome people, not denying that, I'm just saying their weapons were inferior and thats why I don't like them as much as most people do.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Leusis said:
Okay, your sterotypical knight in fullplate wielding a longsword.
Classical Franks, Germanic "Gothic" knights, and the Italians in Milanese armors would devastate a samurai. But then again these are all knights that mostly come in the 15-16th centuries.

Akio said:
lol at least the spear does something xD
It's the most reliable and widely used weapon in human history, it's easy to train with easy to repair, and literally anyone capable can use it.

It's the peasants weapon through and through.

It's the most reliable and widely used weapon in human history, it's easy to train with easy to repair, and literally anyone capable can use it.
It's the peasants weapon through and through.
Simple to use, though mastery like any weapon would likely take time as one would expect I think

The gladius is a very short blade that is meant for thrusting. When used by the Roman Legion the soldiers would thrust at the man facing off with their ally on their right so that they could essentially blindside their enemy while they're friend on their left did the same for them while they protected themselves with their huge shields. Also there have been tons of examples of Legions being caught out of formation by "Barbarians" and they were slaughtered because their swords were very limited in its use outside of formation. Also the only reason the gladius has ended so many lives is because the Romans were expansionist dicks and killed millions of people doing their dickish things.

Not saying the Roman Legions weren't the best ancient army by far in their prime, just saying in single combat, especially without a shield, a gladius is worthless compared to something like a longsword.

Leusis said:
Samurai were awesome people, not denying that, I'm just saying their weapons were inferior and thats why I don't like them as much as most people do.
But that's a matter of territory and different resources and armor development depending on location. Samurai were more then just warriors however, artisans and the like and many if not most of them were supposed to be well educated. I like the idea of the Samurai better is some aspects better then the western Knight

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]
6hrKCfRg.jpg

Just saw this on Reddit, apparently it was some kids final art project for high school.

[/QUOTE]
Jesus what he make that with, if it s hand drawn I'm killing myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
But that's a matter of territory and different resources and armor development depending on location. Samurai were more then just warriors however, artisans and the like and many if not most of them were supposed to be well educated. I like the idea of the Samurai better is some aspects better then the western Knight
Oh yeah, Samurai were very determined people with insane discipline (well, not all of them, but the ideal samurai) and they were more than warriors and were usually very well educated because they were essentially the nobles of Japan at that time. A lot of them were writers, artists, craftsmen, shit they even specifically learned methods on how to make tea.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]
6hrKCfRg.jpg

Just saw this on Reddit, apparently it was some kids final art project for high school.

[/QUOTE]
GG Rhaegar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back