• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Just came from a Steam RP of ASOIAF that was done terribly and I've always wanted to RP a Targ :/ I would've PM'd you to avoid doing stupid things but I need more posts. Seeing as I'm super new and you've obviously been doing this together for a while, I'm open to suggestions on what kind of a character you'd like to see.

Artimus said:
Just came from a Steam RP of ASOIAF that was done terribly and I've always wanted to RP a Targ :/ I would've PM'd you to avoid doing stupid things but I need more posts. Seeing as I'm super new and you've obviously been doing this together for a while, I'm open to suggestions on what kind of a character you'd like to see.
If you'd like a Valyrian character that is in some way related to the Targaryens you could always be one of the many bastard children of Lord Baelor Velaryon, who's the uncle to the current Targaryen queen.

Artimus said:
Our only problem with you making s Targ is how Targaryen is very well developed with mostly player characters and having another Targ ruins the dynamic. Basically any other character your fine to make, and we have quite of variety from great Lords to mercenaries

I'd say the Baratheon, Tully, Lannister, and Targaryen families are the most fleshed out. With the Baratheons and Targaryens not needing anymore PC additions.

@Artimus

You could be just about anybody from anywhere except for a Targaryen/Blackfyre. They're very fleshed out in this rp and the family is definitely full. Sorry you couldn't be a targ though, I know how frustrating it can be to want to make one specific thing but then not be able to.

Personally I'd recommend either somebody from the Reach, Iron Islands, or North. Those three areas definitely have things going on but I feel like they could use more people to make them more active rather than just 1-3 peeople posting in them.

Lancelot said:
About to lose a war that hasn't begun yet lol.
It's ok, I fully expect Tiber to win this war, he's to smart to invade the Reach without a plan.

Also where that CS and posting xD

Akio said:
It's ok, I fully expect Tiber to win this war, he's to smart to invade the Reach without a plan.
Also where that CS and posting xD
There is always a plan lol. I am sure Lord Tarly and the Reachlords also have a plan. Neither side is assured victory no matter how you look at it.

Lancelot said:
There is always a plan lol. I am sure Lord Tarly and the Reachlords also have a plan. Neither side is assured victory no matter how you look at it.
I'm not sure Arren has a plan, at all

Still can't help but think though, these war preparations are pretty sure we drawn up before Hollis died and Tiber had little idea Arren would be incompetent so he was willing to march against a bigger army on their own lands. He has a plan, one he's certain will succeed

Akio said:
Still can't help but think though, these war preparations are pretty sure we drawn up before Hollis died and Tiber had little idea Arren would be incompetent so he was willing to march against a bigger army on their own lands. He has a plan, one he's certain will succeed
Tiber was originally planning to march on the Riverlands, he wanted to attack the Reach when Tarly pretty much declared war on him.

Akio said:
Just because Tiber thinks it will succeed doesn't mean it will, I am pretty sure Tiber wouldn't have decided to start a war if he didn't think he could win lol that would be idiotic.

Hypnos said:
Tiber was originally planning to march on the Riverlands, he wanted to attack the Reach when Tarly pretty much declared war on him.
lol Tiber marching on the Riverlands, imagine if that happened now, even so he had little idea the reaches muster would be slow yet he's still moving against a nation with a lot more troops

Akio said:
lol Tiber marching on the Riverlands, imagine if that happened now, even so he had little idea the reaches muster would be slow yet he's still moving against a nation with a lot more troops
Could always just be a warmonger, giving into greed and looking to bring even more fame and fortune to the Lannister name. Thats what makes sense to me at least considering I don't know what Tiber is actually thinking unless he spells it out lol.

Lancelot said:
Could always just be a warmonger, giving into greed and looking to bring even more fame and fortune to the Lannister name. Thats what makes sense to me at least considering I don't know what Tiber is actually thinking unless he spells it out lol.
Tiber doesn't strike me as someone who would jump into war with ni reason and even if he was those he confides in including his cousin (or was it uncle) who seemed more of the careful sort.

Lancelot said:
What did Tarly do again?
He sent an angry letter to Tiber about the Westerlands raising a load of men who they assumed was going to attack the Reach. This was when Tiber already had scouts in the Riverlands and had no no plan with the Reach.

Akio said:
He's clearly working in collaboration with the Tarlys. Tarly and his allies will betray the rest of the Reach at the last moment, that's why Tiber is so adamant on naming the next LP, he's going to name Tarly.

Hypnos said:
He sent an angry letter to Tiber about the Westerlands raising a load of men who they assumed was going to attack the Reach. This was when Tiber already had scouts in the Riverlands and had no no plan with the Reach.
He's clearly working in collaboration with the Tarlys. Tarly and his allies will betray the rest of the Reach at the last moment, that's why Tiber is so adamant on naming the next LP, he's going to name Tarly.
Lol that would definitely be interesting... But both of the houses are played by Wandering and I don't think he would be the type of person to do that sort of thing haha.

Akio said:
Tiber doesn't strike me as someone who would jump into war with ni reason and even if he was those he confides in including his cousin (or was it uncle) who seemed more of the careful sort.
I already listed quite a few common reasons. Fame, fortune, greed, pride. I don't think the war will play out as one-sided as you have in your head and I thin the Lannisters may actually be putting themselves in more danger than they thought.

Never said this war would be easy or one sided, but I feel Tiber us holding back the final stroke of the sword that he's keeping in his back pocket. There will likely be a few battles and hundreds of skirmishes before Tiber shows his hand

Akio said:
Never said this war would be easy or one sided, but I feel Tiber us holding back the final stroke of the sword that he's keeping in his back pocket. There will likely be a few battles and hundreds of skirmishes before Tiber shows his hand
Yeah and if the Reach pulverise him in those battles? Then what.

If he is holding something that will win him the war back why would he risk the chance of getting blown out the water?

Lancelot said:
Yeah and if the Reach pulverise him in those battles? Then what.
If he is holding something that will win him the war back why would he risk the chance of getting blown out the water?
Reveal the plan to early or late and it might not have the effect Tiber wants, there is a likely optimal time to unveil his plan and it's likely not the start of the war

Also @Hypnos @WanderingJester @TheAncientCenturion @TheFordee14 are we gonna work out a system to figure out and track the loses and gains of troops and of what kind of troops they have since it's almost impossible for any region to maintain full power after a war, battle, or even some larger skirmish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back