• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Leusis said:
The eyrie was taken by the Andals, so its definitely been taken by something other than dragons.
I thought the Eyerie was build by the Andals lol?

Lord Artys Arryn? Didn't he ride a giant falcon?

Also Arryns are said to be the purest Andals.

I remember reading or watching something about how the Eryie was taken by a man riding a giant falcon or some shit like that. I guess I was mistaken though.

Leusis said:
I remember reading or watching something about how the Eryie was taken by a man riding a giant falcon or some shit like that. I guess I was mistaken though.
No, thats a legend and it refers to a first man, Eyrie wasn't even built then

Leusis said:
Artys Arryn took the place where he eventually built the Eyrie from the Griffin King by riding up there on a giant falcon, so whilst you're wrong in that the Eyrie has never been taken, the spot where the Eyrie would one day stand has been taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways back on topic he said they have similar military strength and both the Vale and the North have no lack of natural defenses and forts in the bogs of moat Caitlyn and the general freezing temperatures and the Vales mountain and untakeable castle. So i just wondered why he said that like so

Akio said:
Anyways back on topic he said they have similar military strength and both the Vale and the North have no lack of natural defenses and forts in the bogs of moat Caitlyn and the general freezing temperatures and the Vales mountain and untakeable castle. So i just wondered why he said that like so
What are you even arguing about? I've read the whole thing and I still can't tell.

My god's, this is like tweeter. Yesterday i got 5 pages full of conversations only ONLY from this chat, all that during 3 hours.

Hypnos said:
What are you even arguing about? I've read the whole thing and I still can't tell.
I mentioned that apparently i heard a quote from george RR that stated they have similar military power to the vale and north and Leusis essentially told me i was tripping so we started arguing about it

I wasnt even arguing about it at first, just mention the quote i heard from the interview and that i found it curious and windered how since their army is likely smaller

Akio said:
I mentioned that apparently i heard a quote from george RR that stated they have similar military power to the vale and north and Leusis essentially told me i was tripping so we started arguing about it
Leusis said:
@Hypnos
Akio seems to believe that Dorne has an equal military strength as the Vale and North. I beg to differ.
By Military Power are we talking numbers or other factors because if we're talking other factors then it is completely reliant upon the times.

I wouldn't really call anything that happened an argument because its not like any of us really ever call each other names. Most of what happens here could be described as uhhh. A heated difference of opinion?

Hypnos said:
By Military Power are we talking numbers or other factors because if we're talking other factors then it is completely reliant upon the times.
He just said military power at the start of the war of 5 kings

Akio said:
He just said military power at the start of the war of 5 kings
Initially as George began writing the books he claimed that Dorne had equal strength to the Vale and the North however that is at the point where he though Dorne could muster 50,000 spears. He has since changed his mind on the matter hence the line from Doran about how everyone thinks they are a lot stronger than they are and Dorne now has a significantly smaller fighting force than those other regions ~25,000 Spears.

Hypnos said:
hence the line from Doran about how everyone thinks they are a lot stronger than they are and Dorne now has a significantly smaller fighting force than those other regions ~25,000 Spears.
This is essentially what I told Akio from the start >_>

Hypnos said:
Initially as George began writing the books he claimed that Dorne had equal strength to the Vale and the North however that is at the point where he though Dorne could muster 50,000 spears. He has since changed his mind on the matter hence the line from Doran about how everyone thinks they are a lot stronger than they are and Dorne now has a significantly smaller fighting force than those other regions ~25,000 Spears.
Did he? Huh i was unaware good to note. Still kind of funny then that they've warred with the reach and stormlands for a long time before being married into the seven kingdoms and were the only kingdom to resist the dragons.

Well they have mountains and a huge desert and even their smallfolk are so committed to their independence that they would let armies burn their villages before they surrendered. Its not that hard to believe they could fight off so many major powers when they're so hell bent on not being conquered.

Leusis said:
Well they have mountains and a huge desert and even their smallfolk are so committed to their independence that they would let armies burn their villages before they surrendered. Its not that hard to believe they could fight off so many major powers when they're so hell bent on not being conquered.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. Dornish people are stubborn. Still took down a dragon in flight. But yeah the desert is tough. Trying to march past it is really tough, with no wells or not knowing where they are is nearly impossible. Except for on the main route to their cities Dorne hides the location of all other wells. Normal warhorses carrying knights in full armor flounder in the sand to. Its almost impossible to have decent mounted combat without a sand steed and heavy armor is litterly a microwave oven down there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back