• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
Really? Huh, my mistake, totally over estimated the value of the dragons apparently at tourneys. Just retconn the prize to 5000 gold dragons then (if the other GMs don't mind), the minor ones would have 1000 and the joust winner will get 10000. We would offer more but we do have a rather large army to feed at the moment. Tbh I didn't bother to really look into the prizes for tourneys since it's usually just the winners and the Queen of Love and Beauty named in the records.
Yes, yes he is.

Oh, please do :P
I think that Lothar is smart enough to know that attempting to govern the Riverlands is a futile task.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Really? Huh, my mistake, totally over estimated the value of the dragons apparently at tourneys. Just retconn the prize to 5000 gold dragons then (if the other GMs don't mind), the minor ones would have 1000 and the joust winner will get 10000. We would offer more but we do have a rather large army to feed at the moment. Tbh I didn't bother to really look into the prizes for tourneys since it's usually just the winners and the Queen of Love and Beauty named in the records.
Yes, yes he is.

Oh, please do :P
5,000 gold dragons seems completely reasonable for a Lannister wedding. Also, you can buy 12 barrels of arbor gold with 100 dragons, which really isn't anything considering Casterly Rock probably has hundreds of barrels in their cellars. So I assume the archery winner gets 2,500 then?

Also, we never really discussed how much Roland was paid to fight in the War of the Lions since Tiber said he'd pay Roland double that for his services in the war to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leusis said:
5,000 gold dragons seems completely reasonable for a Lannister wedding. Also, you can buy 12 barrels of arbor gold with 100 dragons, which really isn't anything considering Casterly Rock probably has hundreds of barrels in their cellars. So I assume the archery winner gets 2,500 then?
Also, we never really discussed how much Roland was payed to fight in the War of the Lions since Tiber said he'd pay Roland double that for his services in the war to come.
I think that's the point.

TIBER IS PLAYING YOU LIKE A FIDDLE!

TheAncientCenturion said:
I think that's the point.
TIBER IS PLAYING YOU LIKE A FIDDLE!
Tiber already paid Roland, we just never discussed how much that actually was in OOC. And Tiber can play Roland like a fiddle all he wants so long as he doesn't go too far, then he'll be dealing with one of the best swords in Westeros trying to kill him when he least expects it.

Leusis said:
Also, we never really discussed how much Roland was paid to fight in the War of the Lions since Tiber said he'd pay Roland double that for his services in the war to come.
Sure, with an Ironwood longbow as well.

Probably whatever rates Roland charges usually, doubled. Though Tiber likely won't complaint about things, if Roland brings things up in regards to that, he'll likely remind the man that he had expected Roland to bring more than a few hundred men (at least a thousand to the war). Otherwise, yea, what's the usual going rates for Wild's Men back when they were sellswords?

WanderingJester said:
Sure, with an Ironwood longbow as well.
Probably whatever rates Roland charges usually, doubled. Though Tiber likely won't complaint about things, if Roland brings things up in regards to that, he'll likely remind the man that he had expected Roland to bring more than a few hundred men (at least a thousand to the war). Otherwise, yea, what's the usual going rates for Wild's Men back when they were sellswords?
The reason Roland left 3,120 of his men on Fair Isle was to be a buffer between the Westerland and Iron Islands. After all, Tiber doesn't need to be worrying about Ironborn raiders while hes trying to deal with the Reach. It was a tactical thing, not a "Fuck you Tiber, I'm only bringing 400 foot and 80 knights to the war!".

Also I'd say for a full war from start to finish would cost 20,000 or a monthly rate of 2,500. So essentially it'd be up to the lord hiring Roland to think "Can I end this war within 8 months to make it cheaper?". So yeah, 40,000 would be double the usual rate for hiring him for an entire war.

So if Roland wins both melees and the joust he'd have gained 70,000 gold dragons within a matter of months. And if you think 70,000 is a lot, just remember the Lannisters loaned the crown 3 million and still had plenty to go around.

Leusis said:
The reason Roland left 3,120 of his men on Fair Isle was to be a buffer between the Westerland and Iron Islands. After all, Tiber doesn't need to be worrying about Ironborn raiders while hes trying to deal with the Reach. It was a tactical thing, not a "Fuck you Tiber, I'm only bringing 400 foot and 80 knights to the war!".
Also I'd say for a full war from start to finish would cost 20,000 or a monthly rate of 2,500. So essentially it'd be up to the lord hiring Roland to think "Can I end this war within 8 months to make it cheaper?". So yeah, 40,000 would be double the usual rate for hiring him for an entire war.

So if Roland wins both melees and the joust he'd have gained 70,000 gold dragons within a matter of months. And if you think 70,000 is a lot, just remember the Lannisters loaned the crown 3 million and still had plenty to go around.
In fact Kevin was debating paying off the entire debt that crown owed, before he got killed. The Lannisters have incredible wealth.

Leusis said:

Oh I completely understand in regards to the defense of Fair Isle. I'll expect Roland's forces to be pivotal should the Iron Fleet attempt anything foolish against us while the campaign in the Reach occurs.

That's fine in regards to the rates, though I imagine most Lords aren't in control of most of the gold and silver rich mines in the entire continents. No worries about the finances. We have enough to maintain this army long after any other region can sustain theirs, especially the massive numbers of swords of the Reach. Now that we have both Castamere and the Rock, money's not a problem in regards to House Lannister.

Leusis said:
Always wanted to know how the fuck Cayden got training from the faceless men. They are a very secret order and even with Arya spending quite a bit of time there shes learned almost nothing of real importance (at least in the books). Also Cayden never devoted himself to the faceless god so why would they teach him shit in the first place. And if you say he just watched and learned, I'm sure they wouldn't let him watch even if he was the Sealord of Braavos himself.
Cayden never learned how to make any faces if your wondering that and to say he learned a lot is iffy. But he did learn some things and for a time did take part in their training. The reason he failed us like Ayra he couldn't abandon his past though his first kill was on the behalf of the house of Black and White (a similar task to poison someone like Arya, only he went through with it) and he believes to some extent in the many face god, far more interested in it then the faith of the seven and he even spoke like them for a time. It was his family that held him back from completing his training and he half expected to be assassinated afterwards. I was originally thinking he just watched but changed my mind after I reread Aryas time there in the books and saw it in the show and kind of came to the same conclusion he didn't just watch because he couldn't, and had a better idea what might go on there I thought it wouldn't mean much if i gave him some training since I said he'd been there a year, not really what he was doing till recently he explained part of it to Daeron. It he an amazing assassin? Not at all, he just knows the most important truth of assassination. People see what they expect to see and by using those expectations he has a better chance of succeeding then someone else. Olenna wasn't exactly a graceful ninja assassin etheir and she got away with it, if in truth with some planning. Caydens just better then the average person or Lord tried to personally assassinate someone, a fact that probably will never play that big on an affect etheir

WanderingJester said:
Oh I completely understand in regards to the defense of Fair Isle. I'll expect Roland's forces to be pivotal should the Iron Fleet attempt anything foolish against us while the campaign in the Reach occurs.
That's fine in regards to the rates, though I imagine most Lords aren't in control of most of the gold and silver rich mines in the entire continents. No worries about the finances. We have enough to maintain this army long after any other region can sustain theirs, especially the massive numbers of swords of the Reach. Now that we have both Castamere and the Rock, money's not a problem in regards to House Lannister.
Leusis said:

Lol but what if they don't attack fair isle?

WanderingJester said:
Well, unless the Ironborn want to get fucked in the ass they'll have to assault Fair Isle before they attack anything else, and that means a beach landing against 2,400 foot and 720 mounted and armored knights. Sure, Fair Isle will lose if that battle takes place, but will Sigfried be willing to lose what will likely be 5,000 men to take an island that means just about nothing? He'd be much better off raiding the Reach or Riverlands.

As for the money I'd say the Reach is almost as well off as the Westerlands simply because they produce so much food that they don't need to buy any from anyone so they save a shit load of money there.

I couldn't really find the NW's post, so I just pushed this out. I'll try and find that later - when I do my big update post on characters I've been ignoring.

Leusis said:
Well, unless the Ironborn want to get fucked in the ass they'll have to assault Fair Isle before they attack anything else, and that means a beach landing against 2,400 foot and 720 mounted and armored knights. Sure, Fair Isle will lose if that battle takes place, but will Sigfried be willing to lose what will likely be 5,000 men to take an island that means just about nothing? He'd be much better off raiding the Reach or Riverlands.
As for the money I'd say the Reach is almost as well off as the Westerlands simply because they produce so much food that they don't need to buy any from anyone so they save a shit load of money there.
They probably make a killing selling it to Dorne/Stormlands/The North.

Leusis said:
Fair Isle won't be alone. There's at least another 10000 men left behind as home guards for the Westerlands, as well as a good portion of the fleet. If they can hold off the assault long enough, reinforcements will arrive.

@Lancelot

In war you have to take every single stronghold you come across, because if you don't you're instantly surrounded. The Ironborn would have to attack Fair Isle because if they didn't they'd land in the Westerlands and have to face off with somewhere around 15,000 Westerlands soldier/mercenaries. During that fighting they'd then be charged from behind by the forces of Fair Isle because they never dealt with them and just moved pat and all they have to do is follow the Ironborn until they meet a strong force and then charge their flank when the Ironborn commit to a battle. Its simple strategy, you never let your enemy get behind you during a cmpaign, never.

The Ironborn have no where to raid. Can't get the Reach due to the Arbor Fleet, can't get the Westerlands due to Fair Isle, can't get the Riverlands due to the future property of Lord Frey, Seagard.

Leusis said:
@Lancelot
In war you have to take every single stronghold you come across, because if you don't you're instantly surrounded. The Ironborn would have to attack Fair Isle because if they didn't they'd land in the Westerlands and have to face off with somewhere around 15,000 Westerlands soldier/mercenaries. During that fighting they'd then be charged from behind by the forces of Fair Isle because they never dealt with them and just moved pat and all they have to do is follow the Ironborn until they meet a strong force and then charge their flank when the Ironborn commit to a battle. Its simple strategy, you never let your enemy get behind you during a cmpaign, never.
The Ironborn taking and holding castles would be suicide, their strength is in raiding and the sea they would have to play at their strengths to have a chance. And they could always start at the North of the Westerlands with places like the Banefort and Wyndhall

Archon said:
The Ironborn have no where to raid. Can't get the Reach due to the Arbor Fleet, can't get the Westerlands due to Fair Isle, can't get the Riverlands due to the future property of Lord Frey, Seagard.
Riverlands doesn't have a large enough fleet to stop them from landing and no island that they have to assault because if they don't they're flanked. The Riverlands is perfect for raiding with all the Riverlands forces over by Maidenpool, obver a hundred miles from Seagard. The North is easy for raiding because they have pretty much no fleet, but its the north and there is very little to raid.

Leusis said:
Riverlands doesn't have a large enough fleet to stop them from landing and no island that they have to assault because if they don't they're flanked. The Riverlands is perfect for raiding with all the Riverlands forces over by Maidenpool, obver a hundred miles from Seagard. The North is easy for raiding because they have pretty much no fleet, but its the north and there is very little to raid.
That's what Rodrik Greyjoy thought too, and look what happened to him.

Leusis said:
Egyll hasn't committed his force to Maidenpool, due to the simple fact that the Mountain Clans are likely going to enter The De-Jure Crossing region first. Even with only an extra 1,500 men, Seagard is built as a defense against Ironborn; it simply won't be worth the effort to attack.

Lancelot said:
The Ironborn taking and holding castles would be suicide, their strength is in raiding and the sea they would have to play at their strengths to have a chance. And they could always start at the North of the Westerlands with places like the Banefort and Wyndhall
You really think the main Lannister Home Guard wouldn't be at either Castamere or the Crag, knowing that the biggest threat to their home is to the Northwest now that the main forces have left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back