• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Archon said:
Do you think if The Blackfish was captured by Jaime and sent to the wall, and Alliser Thorne won the election, he'd get away with haggling Brynden the same way?
That is the exact same situation. :P
Probably. Because a bunch of whoresons and criminals are looking at this new jackass lord with contempt.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Probably. Because a bunch of whoresons and criminals are looking at this new jackass lord with contempt.
I wouldn't underestimate just how powerful mere reputation is at the wall. All those criminals and whoresons would be terrified of acting against someone like that.

And all the criminals and whoresons who despise Lord-Commander Reyne, would have the perfect opportunity to lead a mutiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archon said:
I wouldn't underestimate just how powerful mere reputation is at the wall. All those criminals and whoresons would be terrified of acting against someone like that.
And all the criminals and whoresons who despise Lord Reyne, would have the perfect opportunity to lead a mutiny.
That's a radical position to take. Hating someone doesn't mean you automatically want to kill them.

And if this new guy who's absolutely nothing like them shows up and is killed in a couple weeks for supposed treason, I doubt many will make noise for him. Not many did for Janos, who was a lord and with the Wall's more conservative party for at least a year.

Difference between Brynden and Jon is Jon just had a name and was a mopey, cocky fuck. Brynden is a man with reputation as a legendary warrior and iron hard will. He would be terrifying on the wall like a living legend just took the black

Lancelot said:
Idk I had like 8 POVS i was planning but I stopped to spend a day on the Florent CS but ended up getting nothing done :D
I just need to get him out of the room lol, short reply is fine

Speaking of Lord Commander Reyne, you gonna post for him, I did a post a while back having my First Ranger speak to him.

Leusis said:
Speaking of Lord Commander Reyne, you gonna post for him, I did a post a while back having my First Ranger speak to him.
I did not notice that. Like, at all.

I'l go through the pages in a bit and look for the post.

That's a radical position to take. Hating someone doesn't mean you automatically want to kill them.
And if this new guy who's absolutely nothing like them shows up and is killed in a couple weeks for supposed treason, I doubt many will make noise for him. Not many did for Janos, who was a lord and with the Wall's more conservative party for at least a year.
...What? Hating someone means you don't automatically want to kill them? You mean like how Tyrion wants to hang Tygett for having the surname "Lannister"?

How would Tygett be nothing like the Black Brothers? He's a cold, ruthless, terrifying dick. He'd be PERFECT on the Wall. Janos Slynt didn't have any reputation, nobody knew him until he cried about who he was, and nobody cared because he was a worm.

Tygett would be known throughout the realm as a cold-hearted war veteran, whose killed more men than populate the Night's Watch.

Archon said:
...What? Hating someone means you don't automatically want to kill them? You mean like how Tyrion wants to hang Tygett for having the surname "Lannister"?
How would Tygett be nothing like the Black Brothers? He's a cold, ruthless, terrifying dick. He'd be PERFECT on the Wall. Janos Slynt didn't have any reputation, nobody know him until he cried about who he was, and nobody cared because he was a worm.

Tygett would be known throughout the realm as a cold-hearted war veteran, whose killed more men than populate the Night's Watch.
That's completely different and you know it. Tyrion would look for a reason to hang him, but he also has the authority to do so and can hide behind the law. A couple dozen black brothers who don't like Tyrion personally aren't going to jump to the conclusion to murder him over some Southron lord who just joined them. That's an insane idea and suicidal.

He's a Lord from the South who's enjoyed comfort for most of his life. Most brothers are people who are caught for one crime or another, with the most extreme being murder, but they're still not cold hearted criminals or ruthless killers. They're mostly frightened and upset at where they are.

Janos had the support of Alliser, who had the respect of many Watchmen. Janos' true nature wasn't known to the men of Castle Black, IIRC, he was sent to Eastwatch and spent most of his time there.

And the only reason Jon Snow was killed was because he was actively breaking his vows in more than one way. He was supporting Stannis, despite claims of being neutral, and was going to march South to fight the Boltons. That would of meant the Bolton's likely marching North too, sooner or later, and attacking the Night's Watch.

Marsh voiced these fears more than once, about supporting Stannis and if Stannis loses, what'd happen to the Watch.

No one would care too much if this new recruit was hung for disobedience after two months of service. At least not enough to spear head a revolt in his name.

Meanwhile Celenas like "Would you invade Dorne and Essos to?" Also has dorne ever rebelled since they joined the seven kingdoms, I though they were loyal to the Targs since the marriage contract

That's completely different and you know it. Tyrion would look for a reason to hang him, but he also has the authority to do so and can hide behind the law. A couple dozen black brothers who don't like Tyrion personally aren't going to jump to the conclusion to murder him over some Southron lord who just joined them. That's an insane idea and suicidal.
He's a Lord from the South who's enjoyed comfort for most of his life. Most brothers are people who are caught for one crime or another, with the most extreme being murder, but they're still not cold hearted criminals or ruthless killers. They're mostly frightened and upset at where they are.

Janos had the support of Alliser, who had the respect of many Watchmen. Janos' true nature wasn't known to the men of Castle Black, IIRC, he was sent to Eastwatch and spent most of his time there.

And the only reason Jon Snow was killed was because he was actively breaking his vows in more than one way. He was supporting Stannis, despite claims of being neutral, and was going to march South to fight the Boltons. That would of meant the Bolton's likely marching North too, sooner or later, and attacking the Night's Watch.

Marsh voiced these fears more than once, about supporting Stannis and if Stannis loses, what'd happen to the Watch.

No one would care too much if this new recruit was hung for disobedience after two months of service. At least not enough to spear head a revolt in his name.
But that's exactly what happened to Jeor Mormont, that's the only thing I'm skeptical about here; they hated him, so they killed him when the opportunity was there. Someone like Tygett showing up woud be an opportunity, because he has a natural "BAMF" authority who people would gravitate towards, and in the eyes of the Watch probably has the skill to dispatch most of them in a few sword strokes- which he could do.

The fact that most criminals would be "craven" lessens the chance they'd actually carry out an order to apprehend Tygett, why would they want to die for a Lord Commander they hate, trying to kill a man they envy? Janos had the support of many watchmen. But HE wasn't respected the way Alliser was, it isn't like people knew he was a great warrior, or brave, he had nothing to respect.

I wasn't referencing Jon's death, it was more Jeor's. The thing is, "Could Alliser have The Blackfish hanged?" is too perfect for this whole hypothetical situation. And I'm definitely of the belief that the answer is no, the difference is Tyrion isn't probably as respected as Alliser n my opinion.

Archon said:
But that's exactly what happened to Jeor Mormont, that's the only thing I'm skeptical about here; they hated him, so they killed him when the opportunity was there. Someone like Tygett showing up woud be an opportunity, because he has a natural "BAMF" authority who people would gravitate towards, and in the eyes of the Watch probably has the skill to dispatch most of them in a few sword strokes- which he could do.
The fact that most criminals would be "craven" lessens the chance they'd actually carry out an order to apprehend Tygett, why would they want to die for a Lord Commander they hate, trying to kill a man they envy? Janos had the support of many watchmen. But HE wasn't respected the way Alliser was, it isn't like people knew he was a great warrior, or brave, he had nothing to respect.

I wasn't referencing Jon's death, it was more Jeor's. The thing is, "Could Alliser have The Blackfish hanged?" is too perfect for this whole hypothetical situation. And I'm definitely of the belief that the answer is no, the difference is Tyrion isn't probably as respected as Alliser n my opinion.
I thought Tygett was an old man with a shit leg who everybody thinks can still fight but hes actually ass now?

I just did the research, since the marriage contract house Martell supported the Targs in every war, and probably will in the war of five kings to.

The revolt under Jeor was due to poor conditions for the past few years and him taking a majority of the Watch in Castle Black, who haven't all been beyond the Wall and use to the extreme conditions, on a campaign. A majority of the members during the campaign did not participate in the revolt. They weren't doing it on behest of some Lord they found agreeable - It was the culmination of a shitty life at the Wall.

And there might be a group or two like that in The Watch, dissatisfied with their leadership and life. But for what purpose would they throw their lives away to kill Tyrion's? Over this new Lannister? What happens afterwards, they have no Wildlings to blame the assassination on.

I fundamentally don't believe even the dumbest or darkest of heart would revolt over that. They have no real loyalty to the Lannister. They have no reason to avenge him, other than just hating Tyrion. If they were that close to revolting, they'd of done it already.

T

Leusis said:
I thought Tygett was an old man with a shit leg who everybody thinks can still fight but hes actually ass now?
That's exactly what he is. The Night's Watch don't know that, and the Night's Watch are rabble. Bad leg or no, if Jon can beat two-at-a-time, Tygett.only needs a few seconds to do the same. In a prolonged melee eventually he'll just drop. There wouldn't be a prolonged melee though.

Also, do you really marry the person you crown? Is that what it symbolizes? I honestly never knew that. . .
Yes, or at least it's like a really traditionally acceptable way to tell a girl you like her and would like to marry her. Hence the whole Rhaegar/Lyanna thing since Rhaegar's married to Elia and Lyanna was betrothed to Robert, you can understand why Ned, Brandon and Robert were all very very upset by this.

Archon said:
T
That's exactly what he is. The Night's Watch don't know that, and the Night's Watch are rabble. Bad leg or no, if Jon can beat two-at-a-time, Tygett.only needs a few seconds to do the same. In a prolonged melee eventually he'll just drop. There wouldn't be a prolonged melee though.
I feel like you don't fully understand how much an injured leg limits a fighter, footwork is the foundation for all fighting styles and if you don't have that, all the skill in the world is worth a LOT less. I'd say at his age with that leg hes at best as good as an above average man-at-arms, no way he'd be ble to beat two opponents so easily unless they were some of the worst in The Watch.

Leusis said:
I feel like you don't fully understand how much an injured leg limits a fighter, footwork is the foundation for all fighting styles and if you don't have that, all the skill in the world is worth a LOT less. I'd say at his age with that leg hes at best as good as an above average man-at-arms, no way he'd be ble to beat two opponents so easily unless they were some of the worst in The Watch.
I never specified whst exactly the injury entailed, and now I don't really want too because it'll come across as me altering it for personal benefit. I never envisioned it to be lime Walder, or Gelgin, who have obvious trouble walking. But more a case of if he puts too much pressure on it, it's going to complety fuck him over. But for the sake of character I'll just go with the limp.and what not.

I'd still argue with one-bad leg he'd be able to take two Black Brothers. He isn't paralyzed or rooted, he still has the most basic footwork, but his ability with a sword is still incredible.

The revolt under Jeor was due to poor conditions for the past few years and him taking a majority of the Watch in Castle Black, who haven't all been beyond the Wall and use to the extreme conditions, on a campaign. A majority of the members during the campaign did not participate in the revolt. They weren't doing it on behest of some Lord they found agreeable - It was the culmination of a shitty life at the Wall.
And there might be a group or two like that in The Watch, dissatisfied with their leadership and life. But for what purpose would they throw their lives away to kill Tyrion's? Over this new Lannister? What happens afterwards, they have no Wildlings to blame the assassination on.

I fundamentally don't believe even the dumbest or darkest of heart would revolt over that. They have no real loyalty to the Lannister. They have no reason to avenge him, other than just hating Tyrion. If they were that close to revolting, they'd of done it already.
Fair enough, I can't argue with this.

I guess I better rething Tygett shooting Kuvira with a crossbow, the wall isn't for Uncle Tyg.

Archon said:
I never specified whst exactly the injury entailed, and now I don't really want too because it'll come across as me altering it for personal benefit. I never envisioned it to be lime Walder, or Gelgin, who have obvious trouble walking. But more a case of if he puts too much pressure on it, it's going to complety fuck him over. But for the sake of character I'll just go with the limp.and what not.
I'd still argue with one-bad leg he'd be able to take two Black Brothers. He isn't paralyzed or rooted, he still has the most basic footwork, but his ability with a sword is still incredible.
I'd say it depends on which two Black Brothers hes fighting. I'm sure two rangers would be more than a match for him, but most builders and stewards he could probably beat because they just aren't as well trained for combat or as experienced.

*sigh* we just wanted to have a happy and fun wedding festival/ceremony...

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back