• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
f7FdEdG.jpg

Old grudges and blood debts die hard.
True but what benefit would they get from squashing Dorne, thier land has the richest farming land un the seven kingdoms and any attempt to conquer and hold Dorne has ended in absolute disaster for everyone involved. Hes hoping they remain somewhat objective you know with the iron island raiding their lands and 40000 dwarves crossing the narrow sea

@Akio If some guy punched me in the face once a year for 30 years and then was like "Truce bro?" I'd tell him to go fuck himself. So a permanent solution probably isn't actually very attractive.

Akio said:
True but what benefit would they get from squashing Dorne, thier land has the richest farming land un the seven kingdoms and any attempt to conquer and hold Dorne has ended in absolute disaster for everyone involved. Hes hoping they remain somewhat objective you know with the iron island raiding their lands and 40000 dwarves crossing the narrow sea
I mean, they don't have to conquer Dorne, the Reachmen can just walk in, kill any and everyone they see, burn a few seats down including Sunspear, and leave. Benefits? Payback maybe? I don't know some people go pretty far in the name of revenge, especially if this dude killed that other dude's great grandfather or something. You know, old medieval grudges and stuff. Just like guys from the Three Sisters aren't that keen on Northerners after a few centuries of the Boltons making coats out of their skins. *shrug*

You have to remember a blood feud is just an endless cycle of "You killed my family member so I'm going to kill one of yours!". Ending this type of agression would likely take decades of hard work by Cayden if not generations.

Gotta say, if his only actual argument for them ending the conflicts is a potential mutual enemy that might come from way over the seas that has never before been known to actually invade before, I would think he were trying to play me in SOME way.

Also this isn't even taking into consideration the Houses that border Dorne who have likely been getting the shit end of this deal, much more so than the Tyrells. And you bet your sweet ass they'd likely try and pressure the Tyrells into refusing any deal you sent them. They might even tell the Tyrells to fuck off and still fight the Dornish when they attempt to pass through their lands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leusis said:
Also this isn't even taking into consideration the Houses that border Dorne who have likely been getting the shit end of this deal, much more so than the Tyrells. And you bet your sweet ass they'd likely try and pressure the Tyrells into refusing any deal you sent them. They might even tell the Tyrells to fuck off and still fight the Dornish when they attempt to pass through their lands.
You know, that's a good point. I can imagine further deterioration between House Tyrells and their Marcher Lords, like the Tarlys, if something like this went down. I know the Stag Marcher Lords would be pissed if they suddenly didn't have to kill every Dornish raider that comes on their land.

Leusis said:
You have to remember a blood feud is just an endless cycle of "You killed my family member so I'm going to kill one of yours!". Ending this type of agression would likely take decades of hard work by Cayden if not generations.
Hes not asking for eternal friendship, he asks to unite against a commitment enemy and make a start to repairing relationships

Alright guess I gotta do this again.

If a man punched me in the face every year for 30 years and then was like "Can me and a few thousand of my boys walk through your house real quick?" I'd once again tell him to go fuck himself.

Leusis said:
Alright guess I gotta do this again.
If a man punched me in the face every year for 30 years and then was like "Can me and a few thousand of my boys walk through your house real quick?" I'd once again tell him to go fuck himself.
Hes probably not gonna leave Dorne for no reason even if he negotiated an alliance with the Tyrells. It would take something big to stir himself to march across Westeros. Also he would try to gather proof of the Ibbens involvement before he left, hes well aware speaking of an enemy even he didnt believe when he first heard about them and he was there he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave with nothing

Though if he realized the golden company was planning to come across the sea might change his view if he realized who was leading them

Leusis said:
Its just a bastard leading them, whats the big deal? :D
He cares less hes a bastard though if he found out he may use it as an excuse, but he knows the strength of the golden company, hes likely fought with them several times with several other mercenary companies and without a doubt hes a contender for the throne who's a competent military commander. But following him would mean possible getting Daenna killed to protect his claim. He represent a great conflict for Cayden personally in the future, especially if hes leader of dorne where his conflict of personal morals may conflict with the needs of a leader of dorne

TheAncientCenturion said:
Got back from watching Nova. Read the posts, what else happened you sack of useless seals?
The Prince of Dorne's contemplating the option of coming to an "agreement" of mutually not killing each other with the Reach, along with a possible deal to let them march men through it in case of an Ibben invasion. Also we discussed the previous victorious at taking King's Landing and the defensibly of the Vale. Also Tiber's bannermen were demanding my knowledge of the coming war plan to which I replied: what war plan?

I miss anything else guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
The golden company and their lovely leader crossing the sea might be the only thing that would make him instinctually side with the Baratheons as long as he promised to spare Daenna at the end of the day.

Got back from watching Nova. Read the posts, what else happened you sack of useless seals?
if your talking about here discussing what Cayden might do if he came to lead dorne, if your talking about westeros IC hell if i know

WanderingJester said:
The Prince of Dorne's contemplating the option of coming to an "agreement" of mutually not killing each other with the Reach, along with a possible deal to let them march men through it in case of an Ibben invasion. Also we discussed the previous victorious at taking King's Landing and the defensibly of the Vale. Also Tiber's bannermen were demanding my knowledge of the coming war plan to which I reply: what war plan?
I miss anything else guys?
Pretty full description actually

Cayden isn't the acting lord though. He might be able to round up some houses and a few hundred men, but Elia's the acting Princess of Dorne.

Cayden isn't the acting lord though. He might be able to round up some houses and a few hundred men, but Elia's the acting Princess of Dorne.
Well, if Ella doesn't do something in the long run, there's a good possibility she'll be replaced...

We were discussing the possibility if he did become lord, partly due to Elia's indecision and inactivity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back