• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Archon said:
Nevermind, I meant the Eyrie as a singular fortress - unrelated to the Great Houses - it is easy to starve out. Of course, it's positioned in the center of it's own Kingdom with thousands upon thousands of soldiers, so it'd never happen. But if the Vale was a wasteland with only the EYrie, it could be starved out with little trouble. It wouldn't even require the whole attacking army. Since they could use the Bloody Gate as a vantage point against the defenders.
Still would take a minimum of two years, if the Eyrie had 0 time to prepare

I put entirely too much effort into a post that barely advanced the story. Oh well. Gelgin's Gelgin, and I just kinda wrote Gelgin being Gelgin off the cuff, and it advanced into, well, that.

I'm somewhat amazed I managed to get that out before it got too late. Good job to me.

Anyways, more on Wendel, the letter, and the other letter later. See what I did there gosh I'm so clever.

JustWhipIt said:
I'm somewhat amazed I managed to get that out before it got too late. Good job to me.
Anyways, more on Wendel, the letter, and the other letter later. See what I did there gosh I'm so clever.
You should have said the latter letter later. But that was still good.

Also, I really need to either stop saying I'll make new characters, or actually make them. It's a little ridiculous at this point. I think I'll draft up my own heir, though, since Tiberious has not reappeared, and I'm unwilling for Trevir to be the heir. Unless someone else wants to do that, which I doubt.

Speaking of Trevir, he's probably back at the Eyrie by now. I'll post that once either I or someone else makes an Arryn heir. And once I motivate myself enough to.

Fezzes said:
Also, I really need to either stop saying I'll make new characters, or actually make them. It's a little ridiculous at this point. I think I'll draft up my own heir, though, since Tiberious has not reappeared, and I'm unwilling for Trevir to be the heir. Unless someone else wants to do that, which I doubt.
Speaking of Trevir, he's probably back at the Eyrie by now. I'll post that once either I or someone else makes an Arryn heir. And once I motivate myself enough to.
So... any chance the gates of the Vale will open and its men pour out to the dismay of the Riverlords?

WanderingJester said:
So... any chance the gates of the Vale will open and its men pour out to the dismay of the Riverlords?
Maybe. Does Gelgin know that this is a thing that should happen? If so, then yes. If it's some kind of thing he wouldn't know, then no.

Also, I'm wary of being caught in battle by the Stark and Tully forces, with the Westerlands mostly being neutral and not going to back me up on that. So it'll likely be quick strikes to fuck up as much stuff as possible, and trying to not get pinned down until Gelgin can get there personally. And even then it's probably not going to be an open fight with a 2 to 1 advantage, because that's just not plausibly going to end well for the Arryns without some serious finagling or some Alexander the Great-style shit from Gelgin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fezzes said:
Maybe. Does Gelgin know that this is a thing that should happen? If so, then yes. If it's some kind of thing he wouldn't know, then no.
Also, I'm wary of being caught in battle by the Stark and Tully forces, with the Westerlands mostly being neutral and not going to back me up on that. So it'll likely be quick strikes to fuck up as much stuff as possible, and trying to not get pinned down until Gelgin can get there personally. And even then it's probably not going to be an open fight with a 2 to 1 advantage, because that's just not plausibly going to end well for the Arryns without some serious finagling or some Alexander the Great-style shit from Gelgin.
Well, I'm sure he knew that the Riverlands and the North would likely support the Stags, but I'm not sure if he might think that the Vale "should" strike out first so to speak. Really up to him and his plans.

Good to know that raids on the Riverlands would still occur even without the Western Invasion, as a time honored ASoIaF tradition. xD

WanderingJester said:
Well, I'm sure he knew that the Riverlands and the North would likely support the Stags, but I'm not sure if he might think that the Vale "should" strike out first so to speak. Really up to him and his plans.
Good to know that raids on the Riverlands would still occur even without the Western Invasion, as a time honored ASoIaF tradition. xD
Okay. Sorry, my memory of this was faded after being away from it, so I wasn't sure if Gelgin knew or if the Riverlands was pulling some weird stuff. But yeah, raiding. If they can, they'll be pulling back into the Vale after doing raids. Attempting a pre-emptive strike and then withdrawing to where they've got advantages. Maybe leaving a small raiding force to mess with the Riverlands, or trying to encourage some bandits @Darth Gangsta to target the easy pickings in the Riverlands. If that guy's still in this.

So, Reach, Dorne, and the Westerlands (I think) are neutral, the Crownlands and the Vale support the Crown, the Stormlands, the Riverlands, and the North support the Rebellious scum, and the Ironborn are just kinda trolling around a little, messing with the Reach and the Westerlands? Am I correct in that, or am I a moron?

Fezzes said:
Okay. Sorry, my memory of this was faded after being away from it, so I wasn't sure if Gelgin knew or if the Riverlands was pulling some weird stuff. But yeah, raiding. If they can, they'll be pulling back into the Vale after doing raids. Attempting a pre-emptive strike and then withdrawing to where they've got advantages. Maybe leaving a small raiding force to mess with the Riverlands, or trying to encourage some bandits @Darth Gangsta to target the easy pickings in the Riverlands. If that guy's still in this.
So, Reach, Dorne, and the Westerlands (I think) are neutral, the Crownlands and the Vale support the Crown, the Stormlands, the Riverlands, and the North support the Rebellious scum, and the Ironborn are just kinda trolling around a little, messing with the Reach and the Westerlands? Am I correct in that, or am I a moron?
I believe you are correct, though if Cayden returns to to dorne it will get moving very quickly

Fezzes said:
Any idea on whose side?
Not at first, he's been helping Daenna but if she allies with the Ibben he knows dorne would never accept it and be forced to return home and prepare for any situation, hes been away for 4 years so he may try to learn the situation and form an alliance or at least some kind of agreement with the other neutral Tyrell though of course if someone gives him an offer he can't refuse things change

Akio said:
Not at first, he's been helping Daenna but if she allies with the Ibben he knows dorne would never accept it and be forced to return home and prepare for any situation, hes been away for 4 years so he may try to learn the situation and form an alliance or at least some kind of agreement with the other neutral Tyrell though of course if someone gives him an offer he can't refuse things change
Wow he's just going to try and work past centuries of bloodshed between two peoples in an effort to form a pact in the case of a potential invasion by Ibben that may never come? Ambitious.

Fezzes said:
Got it in one. Everything's like that more or less at the moment.

WanderingJester said:
Wow he's just going to try and work past centuries of bloodshed between two peoples in an effort to form a pact in the case of a potential invasion by Ibben that may never come? Ambitious.
Got it in one. Everything's like that more or less at the moment.
Everyone else is occupied with their own war and unless he wants to attack the stormlands if he wants to go anywhere by land he must create an alliance with the Tyrells

Akio said:
Everyone else is occupied with their own war and unless he wants to attack the stormlands if he wants to go anywhere by land he must create an alliance with the Tyrells
I mean. He could always just broker a nonaggression pact instead and have them give access rather than a straight alliance, or do the same with the Stormlands, or either go around or just attack either. But hey, if you want an alliance with the Tyrells and they accept, good job. Might just be difficult I suppose.

House Wilds shall totally make an alliance with the Tyrells. It totally wasn't the Tyrells who revoked Roland's ancestors lordship in the Reach in the first place.

WanderingJester said:
I mean. He could always just broker a nonaggression pact instead and have them give access rather than a straight alliance, or do the same with the Stormlands, or either go around or just attack either. But hey, if you want an alliance with the Tyrells and they accept, good job. Might just be difficult I suppose.
Even just a nonagression pact with the stormlands might make someone think more will come in the future, or expect him to get involved in the war befre hes ready. Beside if Ibben does come he thinks for obvious reasons they would land on the east cost of Westeros and unless they land in Dorne in which he'll have to do something else entirely he will use that nation they land in as a buffer to launch certain preparations. Besides the Tyrells control the largest army and probably have the second best economy, they would make a powerful ally if it could be done nor does he want to have them as an enemy

Akio said:
Even just a nonagression pact with the stormlands might make someone think more will come in the future, or expect him to get involved in the war befre hes ready. Beside if Ibben does come he things for obvious reasons they would land on the east cost of Westeros and unless they land in Dorne in which he'll have to do something else entirely he will use that nation they land in as a buffer to launch certain preparations. Besides the Tyrells control the largest army and probably have the second best economy, they would make a powerful ally if it could be done nor does he want to have them as an enemy
lol, everyone wants a piece of the Tyrell pie xD (or a marriage alliance *cough*)

WanderingJester said:
lol, everyone wants a piece of the Tyrell pie xD (or a marriage alliance *cough*)
For him a large reason is proximity and previos hostilites though. He cant do anything outside dorne if an 80000 man hostile army might take it once hes left

It doesn't really matter if he WANTS them as his enemy though. Hundreds if not thousands of years of agression have made them his enemy.

Leusis said:
It doesn't really matter if he WANTS them as his enemy though. Hundreds if not thousands of years of agression have made them his enemy.
And wouldnt a permenant end to that conflict be attractive? Besides i doubt the Tyrells would like 40000 Ibbens touching down ethier

Akio said:
For him a large reason is proximity and previos hostilites though. He cant do anything outside dorne if an 80000 man hostile army might take it once hes left
Leusis said:
f7FdEdG.jpg

Old grudges and blood debts die hard.

Well if you ask Roland he'd rather the dwarves of Ibben land and kill as many Reachmen as possible. Same with the Dornish by that my own OOC hate for those cravens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back