• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Lancelot said:
I would've used this picture of bane instead, I'm more of a comic kind of guy:

breaking-bat.jpg

T-1000's a good addition, though I have to say generic Space Marine could be replaced by many a stronger foe in 40k. I'm the generic type of guy that goes with a Primarch.

rogal_dorn_by_slaine69.jpg

Other than that of course I probably would've use Victor Von Doom instead of Frank and probably Annihilius or Thanos instead of Reed.

Archon said:
*Gasp!*
No, really, it's all good. ^^

I'm not really missing much, the Kingsguard are pretty useless in the scale of things here. Even twenty top-tier kingsguard would be, they're only a small collection of men, against an army of 25,000. King's Landing currently holds 10,000-15,000 at max, all of which are plaqued by low morale and very few properly trained. Even the Gold Cloaks can hardly be considered much better than the average levy. Braedon's army as of now are sky high morale wise, and the majority of the soldiers will have slightly better training, and probably better quality arms and armor.

Even the amazing strategists don't offer a huge advantage, because they don't have a lot to work with. Whereas Tyrion had wildfire, they have nothing. This whole attack is essentially a replica of Blackwater Bay, but with the odds stacked massively against the crown.

But you're still right, nothing will be easy about it, and war is unpredictable. Anything could happen, and whilst unlikely it's very plausible that the defenders will win.
Oh, I know. The Kingsguard are basically nothing, and the strategists haven't exactly got an arsenal to work with. Just felt like pointing out things to make myself feel better about it. In all likelihood, Kings Landing is lost, but they can put up one heck of a fight, and last for a good while. For the element of randomness, we might want a die roll or something. I dunno.

Kings Landing isn't the world, though. The Vale's still a tough customer to put down, especially if they've got ample time to prepare. Sadly, they'll be drained from the Riverlands and the Starks. Heck, they might even lose that fight if they don't have Gelgin.

I would just like to note that I love Tyrion's speech. Especially the 'Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them.' bit. Hilarious.

Fezzes said:
Oh, I know. The Kingsguard are basically nothing, and the strategists haven't exactly got an arsenal to work with. Just felt like pointing out things to make myself feel better about it. In all likelihood, Kings Landing is lost, but they can put up one heck of a fight, and last for a good while. For the element of randomness, we might want a die roll or something. I dunno.
Kings Landing isn't the world, though. The Vale's still a tough customer to put down, especially if they've got ample time to prepare. Sadly, they'll be drained from the Riverlands and the Starks. Heck, they might even lose that fight if they don't have Gelgin.

I would just like to note that I love Tyrion's speech. Especially the 'Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them.' bit. Hilarious.
The eyrie is probably untakable to be perfectly honest with you, without dragons anyway

WanderingJester said:
I would've used this picture of bane instead, I'm more of a comic kind of guy:
breaking-bat.jpg

T-1000's a good addition, though I have to say generic Space Marine could be replaced by many a stronger foe in 40k. I'm the generic type of guy that goes with a Primarch.

rogal_dorn_by_slaine69.jpg

Other than that of course I probably would've use Victor Von Doom instead of Frank and probably Annihilius or Thanos instead of Reed.
We're trying to give people some smidgen of a chance, here. I think.

Has Kings Landing ever been taken in a siege?

I though it was like Eyerie, Moat Caitlin, Storms End, Casterly Rock , Ten Towers like thing? (VERY HARD)

Fezzes said:
We're trying to give people some smidgen of a chance, here. I think.
Of course, just going with the spirit of the post before ^_^

Also, I quite like the theory discussed before. Not sure if it's here or pm so sorry for ruining a plot before it can occur, but given Gelgin's loyalty and his house's seat, if he can get Kuvira out of King's Landing and into the Vale via ship before the assault begins, it would make for a hell of a come back later for her majesty... ( ;) )

Lancelot said:
I though it was like Eyerie, Moat Caitlin, Storms End, Casterly Rock , Ten Towers like thing? (VERY HARD)
Yes, I asked a similar question in the old thread. It was taken by both sides during Dance of Dragons (the civil conflict, not the book).

WanderingJester said:
Of course, just going with the spirit of the post before ^_^
Also, I quite like the theory discussed before. Not sure if it's here or pm so sorry for ruining a plot before it can occur, but given Gelgin's loyalty and his house's seat, if he can get Kuvira out of King's Landing and into the Vale via ship before the assault begins, it would make for a hell of a come back later for her majesty... ( ;) )

Yes, I asked a similar question in the old thread. It was taken by both sides during Dance of Dragons (the civil conflict, not the book).
Yes but they had multiple fully grown dragons...

WanderingJester said:
I don't remember that being discussed, but Gelgin's probably going to be advocating that if shit gets dire.

Also what happened was they flew in on their dragons when the army was busy at Harrenhal and the people in Kings Landing couldn't do fuck all about it.

Fezzes said:
I don't remember that being discussed, but Gelgin's probably going to be advocating that if shit gets dire.
By then it might be too late, but you know, up to you *shrug*

Lancelot said:
Yes but they had multiple fully grown dragons...
Yup, still though, the consensus was that it's been taken before and could easily be taken again if the properly armed and led army attacked it. Sort of like Stannis if the chain and wildfire wasn't ready for him.

Lancelot said:
Kingslanding is a strong city, it can withstand a pretty good pounding but not nearly that strong. Casterly Rock is literally built into a mountain , impossible to actually siege, even Aegon's own sister said its a good thing king Loren Lannister rode out to the field of fire else even dragon flame couldn't daunt them. Storms ends walls are massive, and set up in a way every wall after the first is higher then the last and trying to siege it is a disaster. Stannis held out for two years and his only problem was food. Moat Caitlyen itself isnt that strong fortification wise but the bog is too wet for siege engines and disease, crocodiles, and the damp ruining all outside stores of food means if its held its damn near unassailable and you would have to attack all 3 main towers at once or then will shoot you in the back. The Eyerie might actually be the best of them all though. In order to get to the Eyerie you must get past the bloody gate then fight up the stations, stone, snow, and sky across a narrow pathway thousands of feet up where no siege engine could support you with arrows from all 3 castles able to hit you and the only way to actually get inside the castle itself is rope or a ladder. If its defended well the Eyerie is impossible to take.

WanderingJester said:
Yup, still though, the consensus was that it's been taken before and could easily be taken again if the properly armed and led army attacked it. Sort of like Stannis if the chain and wildfire wasn't ready for him.
I'm not sure on that, just because it has been taken by large dragons when there was little to no garrison does not mean it is easy IMO.

Also the Crownlands can raise a decent army so they would also have that to deal with.

The Eyrie bugs me so much, it's cool and all. But as a singular fort it'd be incredibly easy to starve the inhabitants to death.

Of course, that's not really applicable when it's surrounded by every Vale Great House and their armies, but still!

Anyway, this war is going to be ridiculously brutal, and I realized if the North marches South and my Frey butchers the Tully's, the Twins will burn.

I think the Crossing will remain neutral for now.

But what's the general matchups? Stormlands vs Crownlands. Westerlands/Vale vs Riverlands/North? With Dorne/The Reach remaining neutral this far? And of course, the smaller Iron Isles vs Westerlands/Reach

Archon said:
The Eyrie bugs me so much, it's cool and all. But as a singular fort it'd be incredibly easy to starve the inhabitants to death.
Of course, that's not really applicable when it's surrounded by every Vale Great House and their armies, but still!

Anyway, this war is going to be ridiculously brutal, and I realized if the North marches South and my Frey butchers the Tully's, the Twins will burn.

But what's the general matchups? Stormlands vs Crownlands. Westerlands/Vale vs Riverlands/North? With Dorne/The Reach remaining neutral this far? And of course, the smaller Iron Isles vs Westerlands/Reach
ot really, theres a usual store of a minimum of two years up to a maximum of 5 unless you start stuffing bedrooms with bed in which case its more and water is never a problem with where it is

Lancelot said:
I'm not sure on that, just because it has been taken by large dragons when there was little to no garrison does not mean it is easy IMO.
Also the Crownlands can raise a decent army so they would also have that to deal with.
The Crownlands won't be able to reinforce the city fully before it's attacked.

At least not if Braedon listens to Rory and hurries up with the go-order.

Archon said:

I think I might make a run for the Iron Isles, MAKE THE IRON ISLES GREAT AGAIN vote Siegfried for the KING OF SALT AND ROCK!

I want dorne to do something but my technical ruler of house hasn't done anything for awhile

Akio said:
ot really, theres a usual store of a minimum of two years up to a maximum of 5 unless you start stuffing bedrooms with bed in which case its more and water is never a problem with where it is
Going by that logic starving a fort out would never work. The length of time is irrelevant really, alone; the Eyrie would be easy to starve out. Even if it took 5 years.

Archon said:
Going by that logic starving a fort out would never work. The length of time is irrelevant really, alone; the Eyrie would be easy to starve out. Even if it took 5 years.
Not really, the Eyrie is easy to siege, all you would have to do is take the bloody gate and set up around stone or you can take all 3 forts and leave just the castle itself but yeah once thats done they have no way to get more food. It would just take a lot of time, that army would have to be there the entire time and aware to stop any Aryans from sneaking to their allies and depend any attacks from the other Vale houses from the back, at which point those in the castle might just swoop down from behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancelot said:
Well, I was thinking with a barely defended garrison against a force which is stronger than them by a force ratio of 15:1. You know, overpowered attack force in mind. *shrug*

Archon said:

The Westerlands and Reach seems to both be neutral at the moment, with both of them in a state of war against the Iron Islands. It's just the North, Riverlands and Stormlands vs the Vale and the Crownlands for now. Dorne haven't done crap aside from the rapey tickle fight the prince had with Daenna a few pages back.

Lancelot said:
I think I might make a run for the Iron Isles, MAKE THE IRON ISLES GREAT AGAIN vote Siegfried for the KING OF SALT AND ROCK!
The Iron Islands, with one brilliant decision to withdraw before suffering catastrophic losses at the Shield Islands, have suddenly become interesting again. It'll be interesting to see what goes down there now with the Iron Fleet rebuilding its strength and what not.

Akio said:
I want dorne to do something but my technical ruler of house hasn't done anything for awhile
Yeah Dorne does crap in terms of overall Westerosi politics. Hence why I'm saying Ella might get replaced by Cayden...

Akio said:
Not really, the Eyrie is easy to siege, all you would have to do is take the bloody gate and set up around stone or you can take all 3 forts and leave just the castle itself but yeah once thats done they have no way to get more food. It would just take a lot of time, that army would have to be there the entire time and aware to stop any Aryans from sneaking to their allies and depend any attacks from the other Vale houses from the back, at which point those in the castle might just swoop down from behind. But it would take a lot of time even if the siege dragged on
Vladan pointed out something interesting: "Any war that lasts more than 4 years is not worth winning." The attacker's soldiers would be fatigue, morale completely gone, and homesick long before the Eyrie could be starved out from their walls. Even if logistics is not a problem when it comes to the attackers, war wariness, especially with so little to gain in the immediate future, would force a siege longer than a few years to break, just from the men refusing to fight any longer, from the men at arms to the knights and commanders.

WanderingJester said:
I think we have different definitions of dire. Soon as that fleet shows up, that's dire. First thing on his mind will be getting Her Majesty out of possible danger.

Archon said:
Yes, but you'd need to starve it out for that long, and a lot can happen in that time. The Eyrie isn't invincible, yes, but it's going to be nigh-impossible to straight-up take. Siege would be basically mandatory.

And this is all ignoring whatever the shit Viserys is pulling, if that's still a thing.

WanderingJester said:
Vladan pointed out something interesting: "Any war that lasts more than 4 years is not worth winning." The attacker's soldiers would be fatigue, morale completely gone, and homesick long before the Eyrie could be starved out from their walls. Even if logistics is not a problem when it comes to the attackers, war wariness, especially with so little to gain in the immediate future, would force a siege longer than a few years to break, just from the men refusing to fight any longer, from the men at arms to the knights and commanders.
And this. This right here.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Well, I was thinking with a barely defended garrison against a force which is stronger than them by a force ratio of 15:1. You know, overpowered attack force in mind. *shrug*
The Westerlands and Reach seems to both be neutral at the moment, with both of them in a state of war against the Iron Islands. It's just the North, Riverlands and Stormlands vs the Vale and the Crownlands for now. Dorne haven't done crap aside from the rapey tickle fight the prince had with Daenna a few pages back.

The Iron Islands, with one brilliant decision to withdraw before suffering catastrophic losses at the Shield Islands, have suddenly become interesting again. It'll be interesting to see what goes down there now with the Iron Fleet rebuilding its strength and what not.

Yeah Dorne does crap in terms of overall Westerosi politics. Hence why I'm saying Ella might get replaced by Cayden...

If he does go back to Dorne it would not be extreme to say he might take over for head of house, or at least head of military. He might let Elia keep head of house in name even if he made all the decisions since he has no interest in taking over Dorne unless he has to. At which point negotiations between Tyrell and Martell might be interesting.

Also yeah, even Mace besieging storms end was holding tournemants, feasts and melee's just to keep his men occupied and even then he was much close to home

Nevermind, I meant the Eyrie as a singular fortress - unrelated to the Great Houses - it is easy to starve out. Of course, it's positioned in the center of it's own Kingdom with thousands upon thousands of soldiers, so it'd never happen. But if the Vale was a wasteland with only the EYrie, it could be starved out with little trouble. It wouldn't even require the whole attacking army. Since they could use the Bloody Gate as a vantage point against the defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back