• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
We can start comparing similarities when you guys have ten or more... plus two cadet branches and three related ones.
What do you mean "we can start" comparing is what you are doing now. Like the houses under Lannister the Houses under Hightower have their own responsibilities and duties. The Hightowers also happen to rule over arguably the most important city in Westeros.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
GOT leans towards more modern thinking than medieval.
Cayden thinks fairly a mix of the two, because hes dornish his opinion on woman is much more modern but his ideas of age of consent and transition into adulthood and family are much more medieval and his ideas on war is somewhere inbetween viking and modern soldier

Akio said:
He understands people die in war, but his opinion is children have done nothing wrong. One does not pay the sins of their fathers and mothers. Also hes more middle ages then the rest of you, bitching about under 18 makes him a pedo, you forget children is like 13 and younger to him
Confirmed, Cayden is a pedo.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
GOT leans towards more modern thinking than medieval.
To some extent. Our PoV characters are all very progressive, but a majority of the world doesn't seem to be on such a level. Slavery exists, the Northerners rape the Riverlands before they lose the war. Tywin. Roose Bolton and Ramsay. Alll of the Wildlings. Not to mention the brutalities of King's Landing, from ripping Septon's apart to feeding dead people to poor people.

Akio said:
Cayden thinks fairly a mix of the two, because hes dornish his opinion on woman is much more modern but his ideas of age of consent and transition into adulthood and family are much more medieval and his ideas on war is somewhere inbetween viking and modern soldier
I am sorry but "ITS A DIFFERENT TIME MAN" is not a justification for being a pedo lol.

Lancelot said:
What do you mean "we can start" comparing is what you are doing now. Like the houses under Lannister the Houses under Hightower have their own responsibilities and duties. The Hightowers also happen to rule over arguably the most important city in Westeros.
I'm saying House Hightower's level of responsibility, while many, is but a fraction of what House Lannister deals with on the daily basis. You guys think managing five houses under you is a lot of work? Try 21. Having a large city as your seat does not equate having to deal with 21 families each with their own ambitions, wants and needs and managing them so that they work in unison towards a better Westerlands. I suppose you also want to say House Hightower have the same amount of responsibilities and work as our cousins House Tully in the Riverlands, where Lord Walder, the Seven bless him, have to work his hardest every day just so his subjects won't kill each other on sight? Just because Oldtown is one of the largest and the oldest city in Westeroes, along with managing your five vassal houses?

Last edited by a moderator:
TheAncientCenturion said:
Confirmed, Cayden is a pedo.
To some extent. Our PoV characters are all very progressive, but a majority of the world doesn't seem to be on such a level. Slavery exists, the Northerners rape the Riverlands before they lose the war. Tywin. Roose Bolton and Ramsay. Alll of the Wildlings. Not to mention the brutalities of King's Landing, from ripping Septon's apart to feeding dead people to poor people.
Cayden doesn't rape as a personal preference, Rape is basically a crime of hate or pleasure and he hates no one and no group of people and doesn't see it as pleasurable to make a girl scream and cry (granted hes never raped anyone so he technically doesn't know) he understands that death of noncombatants happen but morns the senseless deaths though he wont make any attempt to stop it knowing its pointless. Children are his poor spot, he can deal with basically every other brutality and he has tortured people before when called for it.

Lancelot said:
I am sorry but "ITS A DIFFERENT TIME MAN" is not a justification for being a pedo lol.
If this was the Dark ages we wouldn't even be having this conversation, if shes flowed or a boy hits puberty he starts not being a child anymore, why do you think it was normal to get married after you flower or for guys are a similar age (though engagements often started even younger, one of the Aegons litterly had a wife raised from birth to be the perfect woman for him)

Akio said:
Cayden doesn't rape as a personal preference, Rape is basically a crime of hate or pleasure and he hates no one and no group of people and doesn't see it as pleasurable to make a girl scream and cry (granted hes never raped anyone so he technically doesn't know) he understands that death of noncombatants happen but morns the senseless deaths though he wont make any attempt to stop it knowing its pointless. Children are his poor spot, he can deal with basically every other brutality and he has tortured people before when called for it.
If this was the Dark ages we wouldn't even be having this conversation, if shes flowed or a boy hits puberty he starts not being a child anymore, why do you think it was normal to get married after you flower or for guys are a similar age (though engagements often started even younger, one of the Aegons litterly had a wife raised from birth to be the perfect woman for him)
It doesn't matter what age you are in it is still pedophilia, that is like saying the Egyptians enslaved the Jews but that is okay because that's how things were.

Lancelot said:
It doesn't matter what age you are in it is still pedophilia, that is like saying the Egyptians enslaved the Jews but that is okay because that's how things were.
Then 99% of the people in medieval europe were pedofiles as are many people in Westeros and Essos, forgive me if my character and I dont give a damn lol

Also viserys is a slaver so

WanderingJester said:
I'm saying House Hightower's level of responsibility, while many, is but a fraction of what House Lannister deals with on the daily basis. You guys think managing five houses under you is a lot of work? Try 21. Having a large city as your seat does not equate having to deal with 21 families each with their own ambitions, wants and needs and managing them so that they work in unison towards a better Westerlands. I suppose you also want to say House Hightower have the same amount of responsibilities and work as our cousins House Tully in the Riverlands, where Lord Walder, the Seven bless him, have to work his hardest every day just so his subjects won't kill each other on sight? Just because Oldtown is one of the largest and the oldest city in Westeroes, along with managing your five vassal houses?
I will let you have the final word with that, it is 5am here and honestly I don't want to foreignise myself from potential allies anymore than I have lol.

Akio said:
Then 99% of the people in medieval europe were pedofiles as are many people in Westeros and Essos, forgive me if my character and I dont give a damn lol
Also viserys is a slaver so
He is. A proud one at that.

Lancelot said:
The difference is that Viserys never claimed not to be a slaver
I'm not even sure the word pedofile exists in Westeros, its totally a modern term. 18 was only changed to the age of consent quite recently history wise

He is. A proud one at that.
I honestly don't know what Cayden will do if hes following the black dragon and Viserys captures a bunch of innocent villagers and decides to sell them into slavery, not sure he'd be able to hold his tongue

Akio said:
I'm not even sure the word pedofile exists in Westeros, its totally a modern term. 18 was only changed to the age of consent quite recently history wise
I honestly don't know what Cayden will do if hes following the black dragon and Viserys captures a bunch of innocent villagers and decides to sell them into slavery, not sure he'd be able to hold his tongue
Don't worry. Viserys can help Cayden with that.

Akio said:
Sorry to break it to you but OOC we are in the modern world so I think it is expected to use modern terms. IC nobody would think much of it unless the gap was large.

Don't worry. Viserys can help Cayden with that.
Really an event like that may technically force him to become a slaver, in practice if not in mind. Because if he see's him try to sell children he might do the Dany and claim the children for himself

Lancelot said:
I will let you have the final word with that, it is 5am here and honestly I don't want to foreignise myself from potential allies anymore than I have lol.
Kk, good banter mate. Have good night!

giphy.gif

Lancelot said:
Sorry to break it to you but OOC we are in the modern world so I think it is expected to use modern terms. IC nobody would think much of it unless the gap was large.
Yet were talking about an IC character. Dany, Margery, and Sansa all married younger then 15, dany was 13 her first time with the khal

Akio said:
Really an event like that may technically force him to become a slaver, in practice if not in mind. Because if he see's him try to sell children he might do the Dany and claim the children for himself
Viserys knows his habits aren't accepted in Westeros and already knows he has to do away with'em. I think this was discussed in the first RP. . .

Akio said:
Yet were talking about an IC character. Dany, Margery, and Sansa all married younger then 15, dany was 13 her first time with the khal
Last time I checked I'm not a character in this RP...

Viserys knows his habits aren't accepted in Westeros and already knows he has to do away with'em. I think this was discussed in the first RP. . .
Good, at least hes not stupid (not a part of first rp)

Lancelot said:
Last time I checked I'm not a character in this RP...
And I am not Cayden, and cayden does not exist in the modern world so he can't be a pedofile because he does not exist

Akio said:
Good, at least hes not stupid (not a part of first rp)
And I am not Cayden, and cayden does not exist in the modern world so he can't be a pedofile because he does not exist
Sorry but this argument is beyond stupid. That's like saying Robb Stark was a stupid King then saying "no he's not he doesn't exist" as a rebuttal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back