• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
Im actually looking forward to see if Caydens fairly noble intentions and ideals will eventually get corrupted
"Very noble intentions."

If you consider death and destruction to hundreds of thousands of lives noble.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
It almost sounds like an invitation
Maybe it is, sometimes i like playing a bad guy

Lancelot said:
"Very noble intentions."
If you consider death and destruction to hundreds of thousands of lives noble.
Theres almost no way to stop this war

Lancelot said:
Its quite difficult to plead to an absent liege, and it doesn't help that those covering for him are a bunch of warmongerers.
But I admire the Lannister tactic of deflecting criticism by trying to nitpick out criticisms of the accuser as much as they can, quite hard to send a letter to the Lannisters in the current environment too.
And we admired criticisms from men whose only responsibilities is the same one they've told others for centuries, without understanding the pressures and pressing matters that comes with trying to hold a region together while two houses are actively working to depose you. We'll start paying attention to Hightower's ideals and opinions when they've successfully rule Reach for a century or so, with a civil war or two in there somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
SirDerpingtonIV said:
Says the fucking iron born.
Hey I am not speaking for Siegfried!

Akio said:
Maybe it is, sometimes i like playing a bad guy
Theres almost no way to stop this war
No way to stop a war you will be literally the cause of? Is Daenna being forced to press her claim or something?

Also to be fully honest I am not against Siegfried as King. I feel like having Haelga be "imprisoned" again would be pretty interesting. Sit around in Pyke until the angry Greenlanders knock the whole place down.

Lancelot said:
Hey I am not speaking for Siegfried!
No way to stop a war you will be literally the cause of? Is Daenna being forced to press her claim or something?
Because this war was about Daenna. Shes just the only leader who he believes will rule well. Kuriva is arrogant and a little insane, Brandeon is mopey and more obsessed with vengeance then anything else, and Viserys is a warmonger

WanderingJester said:
And we admired criticisms from men whose only responsibilities is the same one they've told others for centuries, without understanding the pressures and pressing matters that comes with trying to hold a region together while two houses are actively working to depose you. We'll start paying attention to Hightower's ideals and opinions when they've successfully rule Reach for a century or so, with a civil war or two in there somewhere.
Ever heard of the Dance of the Dragons? The Hightowers had quite a large part in that civil war, and a smaller but important part in the Blackfyre rebellion.

I assure you we know of civil war, also how is the citadel in Casterly Rock, oh wait...

Oh what about the second largest port, oh wait...

Funny how you are calling the Hightower inexperienced, we are among the oldest houses in Westeros, we are not called the Beacon of the South for no reason.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Also to be fully honest I am not against Siegfried as King. I feel like having Haelga be "imprisoned" again would be pretty interesting. Sit around in Pyke until the angry Greenlanders knock the whole place down.
I don't think you would be as happy as you think...

Akio said:
Because this war was about Daenna. Shes just the only leader who he believes will rule well. Kuriva is arrogant and a little insane, Brandeon is mopey and more obsessed with vengeance then anything else, and Viserys is a warmonger
And Daenna is what, a spoiled teenager thinking she would make the best ruler? If anyone is arrogant and a war mongerer it is her, she could be Queen of Ibben.

Lancelot said:
I don't think you would be as happy as you think...
Probably not, but Vuaghan would flip shit if harm came to her. And there are quite a few ironborn already wanting him to lead them so he cleaely holds some sway.

Lancelot said:
And Daenna is what, a spoiled teenager thinking she would make the best ruler? If anyone is arrogant and a war mongerer it is her, she could be Queen of Ibben.
If people supported someone based on how they would rule in terms of quality we would all be rallying behind Haelga.

Lancelot said:
Lets be honest, Cayden doesn't give a fuck about Ibben. She wants the Targ line to survive and return the land to peace. Her original reason for rebelling is because shes sure Kuriva is gonna end the Targ line with reckless rule

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Probably not, but Vuaghan would flip shit if harm came to her. And there are quite a few ironborn already wanting him to lead them so he cleaely holds some sway.
You see. Stupidity doesn't always work in ways you want it to...

Lancelot said:
Ever heard of the Dance of the Dragons? The Hightowers had quite a large part in that civil war, and a smaller but important part in the Blackfyre rebellion.
I assure you we know of civil war, also how is the citadel in Casterly Rock, oh wait...

Oh what about the second largest port, oh wait...

Funny how you are calling the Hightower inexperienced, we are among the oldest houses in Westeros, we are not called the Beacon of the South for no reason.
Oh, I'm sorry, was Hightowers the ones leading the Seven Kingdoms during the Dance? No? That was my point. They never led a kingdom through a civil war, nor have they attempted to unify one after one. They know how to fight a civil war, which I assure you, is much the same as any war in regards to killing your opponents and forcing the other side's will to break first. So, once more, let us know when "Light the Way" is the motto of Reach for a 100 years, through a civil war, then perhaps we'll start paying attention to Oldtown and what they think about us.

Akio said:
Wait until he meets Aerea!

TheFordee14 said:
Wait until he meets Aerea!
Shes even worse. If there was no war and other contenders he might have just planned to assassinate both of them and be done with it

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Oh, I'm sorry, was Hightowers the ones leading the Seven Kingdoms during the Dance? No? That was my point. They never led a kingdom through a civil war, nor have they attempted to unify one after one. They know how to fight a civil war, which I assure you, is much the same as any war in regards to killing your opponents and forcing the other side's will to break first. So, once more, let us know when "Light the Way" is the motto of Reach for a 100 years, through a civil war, then perhaps we'll start paying attention to Oldtown and what they think about us.
It seems the Lannisters throw the words "pride" and "arrogance" only when they aren't talking about themselves. The Greens were a prominently Hightower faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back