• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Whelp, filler post that took up a few hours (I blame Imgur). Yay...

e7kxgm.jpg

WanderingJester said:
That's where skill comes in: Half swording, edge of the shield in full swing, full shield bash, just beating someone with your fists/gauntlets (Mountain style), maybe even a throw to the ground then proceed to stomp the other guy's helm in. Gotta get creative.
Roland would be able to give you further instructions on how to take out a fully armored opponent with just a sword @Leusis .
Well, if you're ridiculously accurate with a sword like Roland is, bashing the person on the top of the helm (at least a rounded one) in the very narrow spot where its not rounded could easily crack a skull, same thing with hitting them in the side of the head. So long as you know the points on the helm where your blade will get full contact and not slide off you're good. The space between the pauldron and neck, essentially you're aiming for the part of the collar bone closest to the neck is a known weak spot of plate armor. Armpit is a really good one cause its poorly armored (shit chainmail at best if you want uncomfortable movement, usually leather) and it also has a major artery running through it so you'll bleed your opponent if you get a good cut. Elbows, wrist and fingers are always good areas, not really for killing but you can break and elbow or wrist through plate with a good hit and you can cut fingers clean off. The inner thighs and crotch are usually armor similar to the armpit and also have major arteries. Stabbing underneath the visor into the chin is always good, same with pretty much anything on the back of the legs for the most part. If you're really good like Roland you can even thrust your blade into the visor if the person isn't prepared to dodge, dip, duck, roll, dive, and dodge.

Leusis said:
Well, if you're ridiculously accurate with a sword like Roland is, bashing the person on the top of the helm (at least a rounded one) in the very narrow spot where its not rounded could easily crack a skull, same thing with hitting them in the side of the head. So long as you know the points on the helm where your blade will get full contact and not slide off you're good. The space between the pauldron and neck, essentially you're aiming for the part of the collar bone closest to the neck is a known weak spot of plate armor. Armpit is a really good one cause its poorly armored (shit chainmail at best if you want uncomfortable movement, usually leather) and it also has a major artery running through it so you'll bleed your opponent if you get a good cut. Elbows, wrist and fingers are always good areas, not really for killing but you can break and elbow or wrist through plate with a good hit and you can cut fingers clean off. The inner thighs and crotch are usually armor similar to the armpit and also have major arteries. Stabbing underneath the visor into the chin is always good, same with pretty much anything on the back of the legs for the most part. If you're really good like Roland you can even thrust your blade into the visor if the person isn't prepared to dodge, dip, duck, roll, dive, and dodge.
Which makes working around it with a blunted spear a bitch

WanderingJester said:
Whelp, filler post that took up a few hours (I blame Imgur). Yay...
e7kxgm.jpg
Shit why do Lannisters always point out people are using stuff they payed for, it is their bloody feast of course they paid for it!

Lancelot said:
Shit why do Lannisters always point out people are using stuff they payed for, it is their bloody feast of course they paid for it!
Becasue Hightowers bloody complained about them

Akio said:
Becasue Hightowers bloody complained about them
Complained about them?

Lyonel may have been a bit drunk but back in Oldtown he has a background in the city watch, if he sees something bad go down he is going to try and stop it no matter what... Not his fault his reaction time was quicker.

Lancelot said:
Complained about them?
Lyonel may have been a bit drunk but back in Oldtown he has a background in the city watch, if he sees something bad go down he is going to try and stop it no matter what... Not his fault his reaction time was quicker.
Again, I was already typing a post up when you got Lyonel's up before me. Just an OOC thing. Otherwise the Sellswords could technically have been punched in the face by Martyn and the Lionguards before anyone else did anything :P

WanderingJester said:
Again, I was already typing a post up when you got Lyonel's up before me. Just an OOC thing. Otherwise the Sellswords could technically have been punched in the face by Martyn and the Lionguards before anyone else did anything :P
I know that, doesn't change the fact Lyonel reacted first, we both were writing posts and I just happened to finish first, sorry if that messed with any of your plans man but trust me I didn't know.

Well seems ill have to wait till tomorrow to finish this conversation with Viserys and Nyalla

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancelot said:
I know that, doesn't change the fact Lyonel reacted first, we both were writing posts and I just happened to finish first, sorry if that messed with any of your plans man but trust me I didn't know.
Also, again, I was fine with it. These things happen. The problem is less of Lyonel reacting to the event, but he could've just sat back down once the proper authority got there and defused the situation. Instead he got indignant about not being thanked for his unneeded and uninvited intervention on what he considered "bad things happening" rather than going back to his enjoyment of food and free alcohol provided and instead decided to throw some ill intended statement at the said hosts who did their best with the situation and then going back to eating the free food and drink the free alcohol provided by the very people he just all but spit in the face of.

That's the problem, not him stepping in.

WanderingJester said:
Also, again, I was fine with it. These things happen. The problem is less of Lyonel reacting to the event, but he could've just sat back down once the proper authority got there and defused the situation. Instead he got indignant about not being thanked for his unneeded and uninvited intervention on what he considered "bad things happening" rather than going back to his enjoyment of food and free alcohol provided and instead decided to throw some ill intended statement at the said hosts who did their best with the situation and then going back to eating the free food and drink the free alcohol provided by the very people he just all but spit in the face of.
That's the problem, not him stepping in.
Ohh if that is the case then yes he did, Lyonel does have ill will towards the Lannisters as I am sure many other men do. Especially in the Hightower family after what the Lannisters did to the Reynes and Tarbeks they could never be forgiven, it may strike fear in some but in others only anger.

Lancelot said:
Ohh if that is the case then yes he did, Lyonel does have ill will towards the Lannisters as I am sure many other men do. Especially in the Hightower family after what the Lannisters did to the Reynes and Tarbeks they could never be forgiven, it may strike fear in some but in others only anger.
Fair enough. Good to know for future reference.

WanderingJester said:
Oh, they'll get what's coming to them at Oldtown. All in good time.
They can very well try... Although they may be underestimating the second largest and the oldest city in Westeros.

TheFordee14 said:
Bold words, ser. Bold words.
I would use confident instead. Then again, "He who dares, wins."

Lancelot said:
They can very well try... Although they may be underestimating the second largest and the oldest city in Westeros.
Large just makes it difficult to defend, old means blueprints and layouts are more accessible by attackers. Hightower's time is coming, as surely as the Starks are about their winters.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
I would use confident instead. Then again, "He who dares, wins."
Large just makes it difficult to defend, old means blueprints and layouts are more accessible by attackers. Hightower's time is coming, as surely as the Starks are about their winters.
The arrogance of the Lannisters never ceases to amuse me, take note of that Lion it will be your downfall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back