• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Lancelot said:
Actually it is easy to get rich from Asshai, they have huge amounts of gems and gold in the Shadowlands but hardly any food so Food is actually considered worth more.
Ya, bringing food there though is kind of hard, the land and sea around Assahi has claimed more then several hundred sailors hoping to get rich

Akio said:
Ya, bringing food there though is kind of hard, the land and sea around Assahi has claimed more then several hundred sailors hoping to get rich
Obviously not that hard or else they would all be starving.

Lancelot said:
Obviously not that hard or else they would all be starving.
They get enough to get by, usually from closer places then westeros though, less of a chance to go wrong if you get food from quarth then from westeros

Akio said:
They get enough to get by, usually from closer places then westeros though, less of a chance to go wrong if you get food from quarth then from westeros
If imagine all Westerosi stop at Qarth before moving on to Asshai

Lancelot said:
If imagine all Westerosi stop at Qarth before moving on to Asshai
If they get that far, getting to quarth isnt easy ethier and the 13 are very picky about who they trade with. The greatest city that ever were or will be has standards

I believe Velaryon gives Dragonstone a good portion of its ships so its kind of up to them if Rory gets them or not.

Leusis said:
I believe Velaryon gives Dragonstone a good portion of its ships so its kind of up to them if Rory gets them or not.
But then we had that discussion of the knife and dagger that Rory did to take out anyone not loyal to the Stags, so technically speaking the ships given to Dragonstone now belongs to the older Stag much more so than to Velaryon, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Leusis said:
I don't think House Valaryon would just take their ships being stolen sitting down....
Oh absolutely not, but I'm just curious as to having that actually happened, rather than speculate on how House Velaryon had/is/will react to it.

Akio said:
Ah but i think you don't realize how hard it is to get to Assahi by the shadows as he did. Combining the Corsairs, the doom of valyria which left large parts of the sea unpassable and the general unplesentness of those at Assahi and quarth who will only trade for something if equal if not higher value to them is a pain. He filled 20 warships to the brim with things from around the entire world to get the wealth he did, 10 years at sea
People go Asshai all the time, it's really not all that hard, it's built up as a magical and mysterious place due to its connections with magic and the facts it's not a destination anyone except merchants and traders would want to visit because it's creepy and deppresing, a large naval power such as Velaryon would have little problem avoiding corsairs and I'd assume they're smart enough to avoid sailing into Valyria, I'd imagine that the Sea Snake probably left a few maps of the correct ways to go which would be copied and used by Velaryon's in the future.

Asshai and Qarth aren't places that keep people out, if they did that they wouldn't be the powerful port cities they are today, Qarth has a reputation for keeping people out only because of Dany, who tried to get Dothraki, known for pillaging and raping into the city, they wouldn't deny any rich trade partners.

As for what's they'd trade that would be supply and demand, the Asshai people have lots of gold and gems from the shadow lands, but don't have for example Ironwood, which Velaryon could obtain from the North, or Wines from the Arbor, or Cider from the Reach, because Asshai has none of these things but lots of gold they'd be willing be willing to pay a lot higher prices than they would in Westeros.

WanderingJester said:
Wait @Hypnos How would House Velaryon control the Stag Fleet? Would Rory be first in line to control that directly and then Seaworth?
the Stag fleet in the Royal Fleet and the Royal Fleet is largely the Velaryon fleet.

WanderingJester said:
But then we had that discussion of the knife and dagger that Rory did to take out anyone not loyal to the Stags, so technically speaking the ships given to Dragonstone now belongs to the older Stag much more so than to Velaryon, no?
As Master of ships Baelor not only funds the fleet but pays their wages, Rory as Lord of Dragonstone has almost no money coming in on his own, the fleet depends on Velaryon to live otherwise they'd dessert and leave. I was going to write something about it in my Velaryon post but I kind of threw up all over my key board and didn't feel like writing at that point.

WanderingJester said:
Oh absolutely not, but I'm just curious as to having that actually happened, rather than speculate on how House Velaryon had/is/will react to it.
As far as Rory knows Velaryon is loyal, Baelor's eldest son and heir Aenys even works for him as a knight, Rory wouldn't have a reason to remove captains as he thinks they're loyal to him as well.

Hypnos said:
People go Asshai all the time, it's really not all that hard, it's built up as a magical and mysterious place due to its connections with magic and the facts it's not a destination anyone except merchants and traders would want to visit because it's creepy and deppresing, a large naval power such as Velaryon would have little problem avoiding corsairs and I'd assume they're smart enough to avoid sailing into Valyria, I'd imagine that the Sea Snake probably left a few maps of the correct ways to go which would be copied and used by Velaryon's in the future.
Asshai and Qarth aren't places that keep people out, if they did that they wouldn't be the powerful port cities they are today, Qarth has a reputation for keeping people out only because of Dany, who tried to get Dothraki, known for pillaging and raping into the city, they wouldn't deny any rich trade partners.

As for what's they'd trade that would be supply and demand, the Asshai people have lots of gold and gems from the shadow lands, but don't have for example Ironwood, which Velaryon could obtain from the North, or Wines from the Arbor, or Cider from the Reach, because Asshai has none of these things but lots of gold they'd be willing be willing to pay a lot higher prices than they would in Westeros.

the Stag fleet in the Royal Fleet and the Royal Fleet is largely the Velaryon fleet.

As Master of ships Baelor not only funds the fleet but pays their wages, Rory as Lord of Dragonstone has almost no money coming in on his own, the fleet depends on Velaryon to live otherwise they'd dessert and leave. I was going to write something about it in my Velaryon post but I kind of threw up all over my key board and didn't feel like writing at that point.

As far as Rory knows Velaryon is loyal, Baelor's eldest son and heir Aenys even works for him as a knight, Rory wouldn't have a reason to remove captains as he thinks they're loyal to him as well.
Yeah, having stuff on your computer (parts) will do that to you. Sorry to hear about that. Thanks for clearing things up.

I meant to post it yesterday night. I had everything set but a picture for Aiden, and forgot about it as the night progressed...

Sorry for the wait, it's not my best post either. I found it hard to write for the Ironborn, and battles have never been easy for me to begin with. @WanderingJester said he'd be able to take care of the largest Ironborn fleet left around the Shields, about sixteen ships. What'll probably be an organized retreat, however he decides to handle it.

Hopefully this frees up a lot of characters. Again, I'm sorry. In the future if a scene or battle is hard for me to get into I'll ask someone to step in.

Ok, time to post Siegfried walking up the the Greysheild fort, shouting "fuck" then running away lol.

It's not something I've done a lot, I'll be honest. It's always been in a different perspective where I control everything, and not working with someone else.

This was actually my first RP so I am not good at anything tbh but I feel myself getting a bit better with every post.

Although I am sure my inexperience shows.

TheAncientCenturion said:
It's not something I've done a lot, I'll be honest. It's always been in a different perspective where I control everything, and not working with someone else.
Working with someone else can be challenging, especially of they have their own tactics in mind but you learn after exp experience.

Lancelot said:
@TheAncientCenturion
Would any of the Redwynes be on land during the Ironborne retreat?

I was going to have Siegfried and his men kill at least a few before leaving but I am not sure.
I don't know for sure, but there's more than likely going to be some men of Greyshield attacking the ironborn. At least I wrote they did so, so if @Hypnos wants that changed, let me know.

Iron born are pretty good fighters on land but monsters at sea. While i dont like the teir list even id have tp say anyone who's skilled on fighting on ships if their fighting on one might as well have a teir upgrade. Fighting on old ships is far more difficult then one imagines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back