• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
I pmed with centurions before ever making the character and did dorne even have a top tier fighter before this point?
We're discussing it now amongst the GMs. We'll let you know the results once a consensus has been reached. No, they didn't have a top tier fighter before, but then again, Oberyn wasn't a top tier fighter either really. I mean top tier as in tier 5. Assume Cayden's tier 3 for now (better than most PCs but not specialized warrior PCs).

Yes, I know he's in Essos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
I pmed with centurions before ever making the character and did dorne even have a top tier fighter before this point?
The issue isn't the location of the top tier fighters but rather the fact that we have too many claiming to be the best, I can't blame you for this because you weren't here at the time but we had a lot of talks back when we were in the old RP about limiting the number of top tier fighters because a lot of new people were claiming and talking about how their characters are the best at this and that. We were planning on restricting people to more average fighters in the future. The main arguement here is that if everyone is a top tier warrior no one is and it ruins certain characters, as well as undermining the need for actual men as fighters can just take down twenty at once.

Though to answer your question no Dorne didn't have a top tier, neither do most regions, we weren't planning on doing it on a regional basis as that would be unrealistic.

Hypnos said:
The issue isn't the location of the top tier fighters but rather the fact that we have too many claiming to be the best, I can't blame you for this because you weren't here at the time but we had a lot of talks back when we were in the old RP about limiting the number of top tier fighters because a lot of new people were claiming and talking about how their characters are the best at this and that. We were planning on restricting people to more average fighters in the future. The main arguement here is that if everyone is a top tier warrior no one is and it ruins certain characters, as well as undermining the need for actual men as fighters can just take down twenty at once.
Though to answer your question no Dorne didn't have a top tier, neither do most regions, we weren't planning on doing it on a regional basis as that would be unrealistic.
He never claimed to be the best. Nor does he care about such things he has an obvious weakness that he lacks stamina in long engagements and he fights like an assassin so his main skill is in single duel fights or a bunch of people much weaker then him

Akio said:
He never claimed to be the best. Nor does he care about such things he has an obvious weakness that he lacks stamina in long engagements and he fights like an assassin so his main skill is in single duel fights or a bunch of people much weaker then him
I worded that poorly, when I said the best I meant better than most other characters, a great fighter if you will. Everyone has weaknesses and specializations but the fact still remains that your character could demolish a lot of other PCs and if everyone can do that, then it becomes less special and then we're all equal again just claiming to be great fighters. We have a lot of great fighters, too many great fighters, we need more average fighters, or diplomats or crippled old men (You can never have too many crippled old men) a larger array of characters.

Hypnos said:
I worded that poorly, when I said the best I meant better than most other characters, a great fighter if you will. Everyone has weaknesses and specializations but the fact still remains that your character could demolish a lot of other PCs and if everyone can do that, then it becomes less special and then we're all equal again just claiming to be great fighters. We have a lot of great fighters, too many great fighters, we need more average fighters, or diplomats or crippled old men (You can never have too many crippled old men) a larger array of characters.
Except that i only have one character and will not be able to make anymore due to the large amount of rps im in and my time constraints. This will be my only character and his only real skills are fighting and sailing. He's too impatient and acts to based on feelings to be a diplomat, hes a mercenary captain for the last four years so fighting and commanding is all he knows how to do

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Except that i only have one character and will not be able to make anymore due to the large amount of rps im in and my time constraints. This will be my only character and his only real skills are fighting and sailing. He's too impatient and acts to based on feelings to be a diplomat, hes a mercenary captain so fighting and commanding is all he knows how to do
Yes but if everyone had one fighting character it would still be unfair, I am not arguing against your character specifically, he is fine, I'm arguing about the future introduction of more high tiered fighters.

Hypnos said:
Yes but if everyone had one fighting character it would still be unfair, I am not arguing against your character specifically, he is fine, I'm arguing about the future introduction of more high tiered fighters.
how many guys are tier 5 fighters anyway?

Akio said:
Well there is no official tier list as of now (GMs are working on formalizing one for the future but whether that will happen is to be seen) but as of my list there is one tier five fighter, and five tier four. I know it doesn't sound like that much but when you've got more great fighters than averages it becomes a problem.

Akio said:
One, and literally all he does is kill people. He can't speak to anyone due to language barrier, have no claim to any land and is a dirty beggar most of the time. There's a bunch of Tier 4 guys though, and they're the ones we're really trying to limit (the ones that can fight really well and have something else going for them as well).

Well, actually that's if we're only counting PCs. There's supposed to be another Tier 5 NPC in the Queensguard, but we haven't finished establishing that one yet.

WanderingJester said:
One, and literally all he does is kill people. He can't speak to anyone due to language barrier, have no claim to any land and is a dirty beggar most of the time. There's a bunch of Tier 4 guys though, and they're the ones we're really trying to limit (the ones that can fight really well and have something else going for them as well).
I know the begger, dont want to fight him. His other redeeming feature is hes a commander and sailing a ship, not much else

Akio said:
I know the begger, dont want to fight him. His other redeeming feature is hes a commander and sailing a ship, not much else
He's also a Prince of (and heir to) Dorne, commands a Sellsword company of two thousand men despite only being twenty two, and seems to know a hell of a lot about Essos and the Free Cities for a man his age. Again, I am not trying to argue against your character, he has already been approved, we just don't want a load of all powerful fighters and warriors in powerful positions making them pretty much perfect and untouchable.

Hypnos said:
He's also a Prince of (and heir to) Dorne, commands a Sellsword company of two thousand men despite only being twenty two, and seems to know a hell of a lot about Essos and the Free Cities for a man his age. Again, I am not trying to argue against your character, he has already been approved, we just don't want a load of all powerful fighters and warriors in powerful positions making them pretty much perfect and untouchable.
Spend 4 years in essos and try not to know about it. And i never intended to be leader of dorne hopefully. Would ruin his dream till he grew old. Sell sword company ill give you though

Hypnos said:
Akio said:
Spend 4 years in essos and try not to know about it. And i never intended to be leader of dorne hopefully. Would ruin his dream till he grew old. Sell sword company ill give you though
Still the idea is that he's a capable leader, a heir to one of the most powerful house in Westeros, leads a sellsword company, with political connections and being one of the "great fighters." I understand that you might not intend for him to become in charge of Dorne one day, but that's still the position he's in with regards to the RP lore, hence contesting about the level of skill in combat your man might have in regards to balancing the character and what not.

WanderingJester said:
Still the idea is that he's a capable leader, a heir to one of the most powerful house in Westeros, leads a sellsword company, with political connections and being one of the "great fighters." I understand that you might not intend for him to become in charge of Dorne one day, but that's still the position he's in with regards to the RP lore, hence contesting about the level of skill in combat your man might have in regards to balancing the character and what not.
I built this character around his love of exploring and combat ability. I rather turn gim into one of the great bastards of dorne and lose being the heir then give up one of his defining features

Akio said:
I've spent twenty one years of my life in Europe and I think you'd be surprised how little I know. Essos is a big place, a very big place, and if you spend four years as part of a Sellsword company you're not going to go sightseeing, nor learning about the political situations of the three cities.

You may not intend for it to happen but it may.

Hypnos said:
I've spent twenty one years of my life in Europe and I think you'd be surprised how little I know. Essos is a big place, a very big place, and if you spend four years as part of a Sellsword company you're not going to go sightseeing, nor learning about the political situations of the three cities.
You may not intend for it to happen but it may.
Of course you are. If sell swords didnt know the politicul climate of the free cities how would they know who to hire them? How would they know to discuss contacts with? Knowing the politicul climate of Essos while not important to the average sell sword its vitally important to a sell sword captain with so many others better known and older competing companies for the same contracts. Especially considering he was looking for the faceless men of Brovos.

Akio said:
Of course you are. If sell swords didnt know the politicul climate of the free cities how would they know who to hire them? How would they know to discuss contacts with? Knowing the politicul climate of Essos while not important to the average sell sword its vitally important to a sell sword captain with so many others better known and older competing companies for the same contracts. Especially considering he was looking for the faceless men of Brovos.
Why would a sellsword be in Braavos?

Lancelot said:
Why would a sellsword be in Braavos?
His original reason to go to essos was to find the faceless men of Bravos. He started leading a sell sword company some time during his time looking for them almost be accident

Akio said:
He obviously wasn't looking very hard, they have a massive temple slap bang in the middle of the city. No, a Sellsword from the disputed lands would not need to know the political situation in Braavos, especially one as unknown as your one since they do not have the reasources to quickly change location and cities wont pay for their travel costs as they would larger and more prestigious companies like the Golden Company, they would stick to the disputed lands where there is plenty of war to work with and wouldn't need to seek out other contracts.

On a different note, what is up with the Red Spears? Did Cayden found them? How? (Just curious since it wasn't in your bio)

Lancelot said:
Hey just so you know if things go south with the Tyrells there is always the Hightowers y'know?
In the old rp chat Viserys actually sent a letter to the player less hightowers declaring Kuvira and aerea dragonless bastards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back