• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Lancelot said:
I want Haelgas head on a pike.
Good luck. For all intents and purposes, she practically has a Faceless Man protecting her, not to mention the platoon of repeating crossbow men following her everywhere :P

Lancelot said:
This is why I hate the Dornish, have no respect for other traditions but talk big shit about their own.
Their traditions actually protects his point of view, for females and bastards can inherit under dornish law, even in great houses

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Their traditions actually protects his point of view, for females and bastards can inherit under dornish law, even in great houses
That doesn't protect anything... Dorne isn't the Ironthrone he is just being unreasonable and can't keep his dick in his breeches.

Lancelot said:
That doesn't protect anything... Dorne isn't the Ironthrone he is just being unreasonable and can't keep his dick in his breeches.
He acts by dornish law even over the law of the iron throne, he renders his alligence to dorne higher then his alligence ot the iron throne. Its the same reasoning Arriaine tried tried to do in the show

Akio said:
Both those guys are absolutely terrible though, and he carries little about right to rule he cares about whos capable, the targaryans have managed to rule pretty well for hundreds of years, so he wouldn't throw it away easily as long as deanna was still alive
Ruled pretty well... Yep, definitely, such a peaceful rule I can't even remember the last time there was a war... Oh wait a second we're in one right now... fuck! Breadon Baratheon would be a capable leader, he's gathered the respect of the people and is allies with two other noble Houses, not to mention his brother who is "in control" of the royal fleet (At least for now *evil laugh*) Daenna is off in Essos telling everyone who she is and putting a target on her back for would be assassins, she should by all rights be dead already but is alive due to luck (I mean come on, why can't some of these all powerful warriors come to someone else for a change) As for Viserys he'll be a great King is he converts to the Goat.

On an unrelated note, I'm surprised so many people think Daenna is legitimate, I know we all know OOC but from my perspective if two out of three Targaryen girls are bastards then the third one is as well even if she has the hair, which could be obtained from Lys.

Hypnos said:
Ruled pretty well... Yep, definitely, such a peaceful rule I can't even remember the last time there was a war... Oh wait a second we're in one right now... fuck! Breadon Baratheon would be a capable leader, he's gathered the respect of the people and is allies with two other noble Houses, not to mention his brother who is "in control" of the royal fleet (At least for now *evil laugh*) Daenna is off in Essos telling everyone who she is and putting a target on her back for would be assassins, she should by all rights be dead already but is alive due to luck (I mean come on, why can't some of these all powerful warriors come to someone else for a change) As for Viserys he'll be a great King is he converts to the Goat.
On an unrelated note, I'm surprised so many people think Daenna is legitimate, I know we all know OOC but from my perspective if two out of three Targaryen girls are bastards then the third one is as well even if she has the hair, which could be obtained from Lys.
Even if she wasn't legitment wouldn't change shit in his mind, once again he renders dornish law higher

Breadon he hasn't met yet so as a character he cant make judgement but in order for him to rule deanna must die and he'll never accept that, he does want to return the captive though

Akio said:
Even if she wasn't legitment wouldn't change shit in his mind, once again he renders dornish law higher
Breadon he hasn't met yet so as a character he cant make judgement but in order for him to rule deanna must die and he'll never accept that, he does want to return the captive though
Bastards still don't inherit under Dornish law, they just aren't hated as much as they are in the rest of Westeros, even if they didn't inheit by that logic Viserys Blackfyre would take the Throne as Maeryn's eldest child.

Breadon has a claim through his grandmother, if Daenna is considered illegitimate he's the rightful heir (Discounting the other random disowned Targs)

Also the captive was rescued ages ago by Tiber Lannister, Daenna just doesn't know about that yet.

Hypnos said:
Bastards still don't inherit under Dornish law, they just aren't hated as much as they are in the rest of Westeros, even if they didn't inheit by that logic Viserys Blackfyre would take the Throne as Maeryn's eldest child.
Breadon has a claim through his grandmother, if Daenna is considered illegitimate he's the rightful heir (Discounting the other random disowned Targs)

Also the captive was rescued ages ago by Tiber Lannister, Daenna just doesn't know about that yet.
Bastards inherit as long as their isnt a legitimate heir ((talking direct heir to)) and while Viserys can inherit by that logic he wouldnt let him for it would just be switching from bad to worse

Still means Deanna would have to die or be imprisoned, i doubt she would back down

Lancelot said:
It doesnt matter if he renders Dornish Law higher he isnt the King
He answers to his conscious before answers to anything, it matters not to him. I was simply stating what he would do and who he would fight for

Akio said:
Bastards inherit as long as their isnt a legitimate heir ((talking direct heir to)) and while Viserys can inherit by that logic he wouldnt let him for it would just be switching from bad to worse
Still means Deanna would have to die or be imprisoned, i doubt she would back down

He answers to his conscious before answers to anything, it matters not to him. I was simply stating what he would do and who he would fight for
Yeah... he's probably not going to live very long with that attitude. Maybe if he goes and works with the Starks? *shrug*

WanderingJester said:
Yeah... he's probably not going to live very long with that attitude. Maybe if he goes and works with the Starks? *shrug*
Death isnt scary to him, the only regret he would have dying is not being able to sail the world like he wanted and not being able to protect someone he swore to protect. Besides Deanna has a chance and dorne isnt that weak and along with his own personal mercenary gang and his intelligence he wont die easy

Akio said:
Death isnt scary to him, the only regret he would have dying is not being able to sail the world like he wanted and not being able to protect someone he swore to protect. Besides Deanna has a chance and dorne isnt that weak and along with his own personal mercenary gang and his intelligence he wont die easy
He might be a pretty decent fighter and with street smarts, but he's a jack of all trades, master of none. There are plenty of masters in regards to any of the fields he's pretty good in. It's good that he's not afraid of death, because in my mind even if he pisses off Hightower enough they can reasonably be able to kill him given the resources they possess, and the fact that he's not in charge of House Martell (if he was it might be a different story).

Akio said:

I think you're thinking of Iron Island salt children rather than Dornish bastards because I can find no mention of them inheriting lands, even if their parents have no other children and I found this quote from the GoT wiki which would state otherwise:

The Dornish also have no particular stigma against homosexual behavior. Similarly,bastards do not carry the stigma of being born out of wedlock and are raised along their trueborn siblings and cousins, though they are still considered poor matches for marriage due to their inability to receive inheritance.[1]
Also what do you mean Cayden wouldn't let him, how is he going to stop Viserys from coming, Dorne has the the third smallest army in Westeros and Cayden isn't even in command of it. Also I would argue that Viserys would make a better ruler than Kuvira and Daenna (RIP Aerea)

If Daenna is illegitimate and didn't try and fight then Breason would probably let her live.

[/QUOTE]

Lancelot said:
How would Daenna be a better ruler?
Why is he better?

WanderingJester said:
He might be a pretty decent fighter and with street smarts, but he's a jack of all trades, master of none. There are plenty of masters in regards to any of the fields he's pretty good in. It's good that he's not afraid of death, because in my mind even if he pisses off Hightower enough they can reasonably be able to kill him given the resources they possess, and the fact that he's not in charge of House Martell (if he was it might be a different story).
He's actually a master class fighter ((got that confirmed when i saw i had to confirm with the host the best fighters and why they would be one)) and without a doubt dorne would protect him if a house from the reach wanted to kill him. Dorne and the reach arent friends and just as he adores his sisters his family is pretty close to them and hes the heir until she has children. They wouldn't just let him die

Akio said:
Why is he better?
He's actually a master class fighter ((got that confirmed when i saw i had to confirm with the host the best fighters and why they would be one)) and without a doubt dorne would protect him if a house from the reach wanted to kill him. Dorne and the reach arent friends and just as he adores his sisters his family is pretty close to them and hes the heir until she has children. They wouldn't just let him die
He is the rightful heir and already has a substantial backing, putting Daenna on the throne or supporting Kuvira would be treason and punishable by death, you can speak all you want about peace but it is going to end in war and I would want an experienced leader of 10000 men rather than spoilt girls

Akio said:
Why is he better?
Viserys Blackfyre would be better for several reasons:

• Viserys wants to rule, Daenna doesn't.
  • Viserys has experience with handling lots of coin from his time in the Golden company.
  • Viserys has fighting experience and is a great general, thereby winning any wars the throne gets into.
  • Viserys has allies around Westeros.
  • Viserys is older and more experianced.
  • Viserys isn't a teenage girl.
  • Viserys already has a backing, Daenna has about five men and the possibility of dwarves attacking which no one in Westeros would take well.
  • Blackfyre is a known name with supporters in Westeros (Even if he isn't a real Blackfyre he has the sword and was chosen by Baelor Blackfyre) Targ supporters would be split between Daenna and Kuvira.

The Reach would crush Dorne, like annihilate them. I wouldn't risk the lives of thousands of men for one guy.

Lancelot said:
He is the rightful heir and already has a substantial backing, putting Daenna on the throne or supporting Kuvira would be treason and punishable by death, you can speak all you want about peace but it is going to end in war and I would want an experienced leader of 10000 men rather than spoilt girls
Deanna not really spoiled, she was sparring with cayden and acted more like a boy then a girl till she was 15 and once again rightful heir means nothing to him and a good commander of military doesent make you a good king. Would he treat the people well, would he be a good ruler is his question. He doesent care how well you are at commanding a military, most of the great lords of westeros can command armies, hell even he could, should he be king? Now if deanna decides to support Viserys he would to, no other reason would make him set aside Deanna.

Hypnos said:
Viserys Blackfyre would be better for several reasons:
  • Viserys wants to rule, Daenna doesn't.
  • Viserys has experience with handling lots of coin from his time in the Golden company.
  • Viserys has fighting experience and is a great general, thereby winning any wars the throne gets into.
  • Viserys has allies around Westeros.
  • Viserys is older and more experianced.
  • Viserys isn't a teenage girl.
  • Viserys already has a backing, Daenna has about five men and the possibility of dwarves attacking which no one in Westeros would take well.
  • Blackfyre is a known name with supporters in Westeros (Even if he isn't a real Blackfyre he has the sword and was chosen by Baelor Blackfyre) Targ supporters would be split between Daenna and Kuvira.

The Reach would crush Dorne, like annihilate them. I wouldn't risk the lives of thousands of men for one guy.
The targaryans had an even bigger army and dragons back in the day, that certainly didnt stop them before. Also the armies of the reach would have a really really hard time fighting a dorne. Dorne is not above poisoning their wells and simply walking away and letting them die in the desert. One of the only armies of the young dragon disappeared that way. They would not bother fighting the army of the reach in up front. They know their limits. Dorne would not let one of their own die

Akio said:
Deanna not really spoiled, she was sparring with cayden and acted more like a boy then a girl till she was 15 and once again rightful heir means nothing to him and a good commander of military doesent make you a good king. Would he treat the people well, would he be a good ruler is his question. He doesent care how well you are at commanding a military, most of the great lords of westeros can command armies, hell even he could, should he be king? Now if deanna decides to support Viserys he would to, no other reason would make him set aside Deanna.
The targaryans had an even bigger army and dragons back in the day, that certainly didnt stop them before. Also the armies of the reach would have a really really hard time fighting a dorne. Dorne is not above poisoning their wells and simply walking away and letting them die in the desert. One of the only armies of the young dragon disappeared that way. They would not bother fighting the army of the reach in up front. They know their limits. Dorne would not let one of their own die
The Reach would obviously form a plan first, the know how the Dornish fight.

Also this is like saying someone like Daenarys is a good ruler (pssh, shes not.)

You need someone who can be just and make tough decisions... Sure you need support too, but you also need your enemies to fear you and let people know that they can't walk over you.

Lancelot said:
The Reach would obviously form a plan first, the know how the Dornish fight.
Also this is like saying someone like Daenarys is a good ruler (pssh, shes not.)

You need someone who can be just and make tough decisions... Sure you need support too, but you also need your enemies to fear you and let people know that they can't walk over you.
I hope so, doesent mean that dorne wont make plans to countering the reach. Worse comes to worse they'll do what they did to the targaryans and the young dragon. Hide and let them take all their forts then go guerrilla warfare. Considering war is exploding all over the realm they could nto leave the reach undefended long
Theres always someone to do that, that what the hand of the king is for. For the mad king that was Tywin and while that relationship lasted it worked very well, or she can get married to someone to give her kind of credibility. She doesn't need to be overly harsh, she just has to not let people walk all over her and shes firey enough that will not happen, if she needs someone to play hard ball there are other ways then oppressing others in a bad time. Right now tensions need to be healed, not escalated

Akio said:
But Daenna is spoiled, she talks about her fighting ability and how much she loves sparring and fighting but she only learnt to fight because her father shelled out thousands of Dragons to teach her, she says shes learnt hundred of styles and that requires hundreds of teachers which requires tens of thousands of gold dragons' She has never lived without having anythings and has had everything paid for her whole life, even when she went to Essos people are giving her their support and offering her their services for free and she still has a servant (Who she isn't paying) cater to her every whim, Viserys Blackfyre was screwed out of everything yet ends out on top, thats a man I'd want to lead me.

Being a commander doesn't make you a good King but Viserys still rules over 10,000 men and they're doing very well and have money to spare, they're thriving and only one of them wants to murder him, he would make a better ruler, I can see that and I don't even support him.

The Reach aren't idiots, if the Dornish want to poison their wells then they sacrifice a lot of Dorne for themselves and have just screwed themselves in the future, the Reach men are rich and have a lot of food and water, I'd wager they'd survive a long time in the Dornish dessert. I've never got the invasions of Dorne as described if I were invading Dorne I'd just raize all of the towns, villages, castles and wells and then leave, what are the Dornish going to do now? They've lost all their food, water and supplies, they don't have any castles and their smallfolk will desert when they're villages burn, let us just hope I never invade Dorne.

Akio said:
Why is he better?
Wait what? We've not discussed this and GMs need to approve, which I know for a fact we've barred the upper level fighters before Cayden was submitted. At most he would be Tier 3, not 4 and certainly not 5. @Hypnos and @TheAncientCenturion did you know about this? I know I didn't approve his fighting skills at the level you spoke of.

Well, I mean it would really depend on @LittleWolfie unless you NPC the Dorne houses. At this rate I'm not so sure Martell's head would step in if Cayden's in danger.

Akio said:
Sorry to break it to you, but if Cayden's in the Riverlands and push comes to shove, Dorne (realistically) would let him die as a host march up there to kill him. If he's in Dorne, that's another story, but seeing as how he's not there right now, it's not really the case.

WanderingJester said:
Wait what? We've not discussed this and GMs need to approve, which I know for a fact we've barred the upper level fighters before Cayden was submitted. At most he would be Tier 3, not 4 and certainly not 5. @Hypnos and @TheAncientCenturion did you know about this? I know I didn't approve his fighting skills at the level you spoke of.
Well, I mean it would really depend on @LittleWolfie unless you NPC the Dorne houses. At this rate I'm not so sure Martell's head would step in if Cayden's in danger.

Sorry to break it to you, but if Cayden's in the Riverlands and push comes to shove, Dorne (realistically) would let him die as a host march up there to kill him. If he's in Dorne, that's another story, but seeing as how he's not there right now, it's not really the case.
I know him and @TheAncientCenturion talked over the character before he wrote the bio so I assume Centurion did it, I don't really like having another top tier fighter but Centurions the boss so... *Shrug*

Hypnos said:
I know him and @TheAncientCenturion talked over the character before he wrote the bio so I assume Centurion did it, I don't really like having another top tier fighter but Centurions the boss so... *Shrug*
I pmed with centurions before ever making the character and did dorne even have a top tier fighter before this point?

WanderingJester said:

Im in Essos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back