• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
Moving 5000 men from the Southwestern Reach to Highgarden, is no quick feat, especially if Hightower just sent the message to gather those 5000 and march them North. The only reason why the Tarly was able to do what they do was because a sizable amount their men are usually already mustered in case of an attack by the Dornish, their strict discipline under Helyon and the fact that they had more time and less distance to cover from Horn Hill to Highgarden. For Hightower/Florent to march North to Highgarden in even a relatively close time to the Tarly would be mind blowing to me, given the standard amount of discipline their soldiers will likely have, the larger distance to cover in a shorter time as well as the larger amount of troops that will need to be mobilized by two houses, even if they're very close to one another.
Sorry and I don't mean to be rude but can people decide of the Hightowers got the call-to-arms or not?

People keep jumping between the two and it is confusing me.

Jabroni said:
Now that I'm looking back he was still on the road, so that gives Gawain an out. Still, with all that's been going on with the Ironborn, for him not to have mustered his forces at least makes him look noncommittal (no matter how unfair that is).
He is a pacifist, he is always noncommital when it comes to war unless it is using his wealth to help the poor.

Also I never even said it would be a quick time nor compared the time to the Tarlys.

I was pointing at Tarly mustering his troops without command from the Tyrells.

Lancelot said:
Sorry and I don't mean to be rude but can people decide of the Hightowers got the call-to-arms or not?
People keep jumping between the two and it is confusing me.
There are two call to arms. One was by Helyon Tarly and it was at least (if not more) 2 weeks before the general call to arms to all of Reach by Arren Tyrell. I was under the impression that Hightowers only got the latter call and not the earlier one. He may have even gotten it later than most lords since he would only find out when he arrived at Highgarden and such.

Fair enough about the Tarlys.

Lancelot said:
Well they would be there to fight with the Tyrells so I would assume they would fight with the Tyrells
I'm deciding how empty Highgarden might be, wonder how large is a skeleton guard for Highgarden would be when their not fully mobilized and if the Northern Reach is mostly empty.

Akio said:
I'm deciding how empty Highgarden might be, wonder how large is a skeleton guard for Highgarden would be when their not fully mobilized and if the Northern Reach is mostly empty.
It's actually swelled quite a lot haha. The Tarlys have around 5000, and I'm not sure if that includes some of the other lordlings answering the call. Then there's Highgarden which has gathered around an equal amount on the Mander just a few days ride.

Jabroni said:
It's actually swelled quite a lot haha. The Tarlys have around 5000, and I'm not sure if that includes some of the other lordlings answering the call. Then there's Highgarden which has gathered around an equal amount on the Mander just a few days ride.
Not right now, I'm talking about when they actually march

Jabroni said:
The Tarly host, with House Hunt's forces, only number to 3000 swords strong at Highgarden at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, everybody in this war council keeps saying they could muster a force large enough to fight the Lannisters in the extremely limited time they have. But all of the northern houses combined only equal somewhere around 20,000 men. Even if you say they get 5,000 from Tyrell's and Hightower and like 8,000 from Helyon and his two best buds, the Reach is only working with 38,000 troops. And to muster even more and get them up in the northern edge of the Reach in time for any battle that would take place seems a bit ridiculous.

Leusis said:
You know, everybody in this war council keeps saying they could muster a force large enough to fight the Lannisters in the extremely limited time they have. But all of the northern houses combined only equal somewhere around 20,000 men. Even if you say they get 5,000 from Tyrell's and Hightower and like 8,000 from Helyon and his two best buds, the Reach is only working with 38,000 troops. And to muster even more and get them up in the northern edge of the Reach in time for any battle that would take place seems a bit ridiculous.
True, though even as the Lannister player, I'm willing to concede that the Reach would be able to muster 40-50k worth of troops by the time the invasion actually happens, given both the travel time and the wedding happening in the Westerlands. Up to the wider Reachlords/GM as to what the agreed numbers should be though.

Leusis said:
Not really, the Caswell guy admits it would take time to gather Eastern Reach. Varn simply is impatient and would be more than willing to march with only 10,000 from Highgarden.

Lancelot said:
Cayden would likely be killed easily if thats what you are implying.
We'll see, I might have a plan to fulfill forbees dream of being Caitlyen Stark

Leusis said:
Lancelot said:
40k vs 38k isn't the best of odds but it seems doable
That also means though that the Northern houses will have next to no garrison at all. Old men and green boys because thats drawing to the limits of their strength

Akio said:
We'll see, I might have a plan to fulfill forbees dream of being Caitlyen Stark
That also means though that the Northern houses will have next to no garrison at all. Old men and boys
Still better than Dornishmen

Lancelot said:
Still better than Dornishmen
*snorts* Not like Cayden is gonna solo challenge the castle guard to single combat, or even really attack it. He just wants to instigate a war between the Reach and Dorne, and that's far easier

Akio said:
*snorts* Not like Cayden is gonna solo challenge the castle guard to single combat, or even really attack it. He just wants to instigate a war between the Reach and Dorne, and that's far easier
Your sisters probably going to end up executing you dude chill.

Lancelot said:
Your sisters probably going to end up executing you dude chill.
Elia is the one who wants peace, if Cayden wants to help Daenna if their conversation is unable to convince her he has to do something drastic that will bring about war whether Elia wants it or not.

Akio said:
Bring your wooden sticks and satin robed riders. It will be like throwing an egg at a brick wall muahaha!

Akio said:
Elia is the one who wants peace, if Cayden wants to help Daenna if their conversation is unable to convince her he has to do something drastic that will bring about war whether Elia wants it or not.
And Cayden is the one who wants war, the only men he commands are sellswords on another continent...

Jabroni said:
Bring your wooden sticks and satin robed riders. It will be like throwing an egg at a brick wall muahaha!
He's not gonna attack the walls, that is the definition of sucide

Lancelot said:
And Cayden is the one who wants war, the only men he commands are sellswords on another continent...
He brought 200 of his best and if you think the stony dornish are gonna jump as peace with the reach you may be out of your mind. Elia already forcefully stopped their riading so I doubt their in their best mood

Akio said:
So Cayden is pretty much Arianne Martell? Because her plan went wonderfully...

Akio said:
He brought 200 of his best and if you think the stony dornish are gonna jump as peace with the reach you may be out of your mind. Elia already forcefully stopped their riading so I doubt their in their best mood
Ah yes, best way to get yourself killed.

Start a Dornish civil war against your siblings that will make everyone hate you while simultaneously starting a war with the region with the most troops!

Akio said:
Good luck breaching the walls if you aren't attacking them lol

Hypnos said:
So Cayden is pretty much Arianne Martell? Because her plan went wonderfully...
Don't worry, he's not gonna try to overthrow Elia, believe it or not that's not what he wants. He just wants to make war impossible to avoid.

Lancelot said:
Good luck breaching the walls if you aren't attacking them lol
Leave that to me lol, I have a plan that could only work in this time of war

Akio said:
Don't worry, he's not gonna try to overthrow Elia, believe it or not that's not what he wants. He just wants to make war impossible to avoid.
Leave that to me lol, I have a plan that could only work in this time if war
I am a fortune teller I will give this precognition 1 time for free.

Caydens getting lynched in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back