• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
To be fair, Arren did send out a general call to arms (very) recently, so Lord Hightower should've gotten that.
Lord Hightower who was in Highgarden...

Leusis said:
Odd that Helyon wouldn't send any kind of message to the strongest house in the Reach other than the Tyrell's
It is odd, but I don't recall Hightower ever being messaged.

Leusis said:
I thought Helyon only sent messages to the northern houses and then ones nearby and who he had friends in.
I was pretty sure that was the case.

So I assume unless Hightower was mentioned getting a call-to-arms (which I am positive they weren't)

Leusis said:
I thought Helyon only sent messages to the northern houses and then ones nearby and who he had friends in.
Yes you are correct. Also, Luthor Redwyne isn't the biggest fan of the Hightowers, which would translate somewhat to Erik and Helyon, respectively.

Leusis said:
Can't really blame a dude for not sending aid to a problem he didn't even know existed.
Not to mention a problem that may not even exist and should technically be seen as treacherous.

Leusis said:
Can't really blame a dude for not sending aid to a problem he didn't even know existed.
Wouldn't he know about the general call to arms though? Especially if he was in Highgarden?

Lancelot said:
I was pretty sure that was the case.
So I assume unless Hightower was mentioned getting a call-to-arms (which I am positive they weren't)
I tagged you on page 5 from the Maester Jarvas POV.

Jabroni said:
I tagged you on page 5 from the Maester Jarvas POV.
Gawain was already at Highgarden at that point.

And if thats so then it shouldn't take long for the 5000 troops to reach Highgarden then :)

Lancelot said:
And if thats so then it shouldn't take long for the 5000 troops to reach Highgarden then :)
Are those 5000 troops just gonna sit in highgarden or fight?

Lancelot said:
He brought 5000 troops with him? Without knowing about the call to arms?

WanderingJester said:
He brought 5000 troops with him? Without knowing about the call to arms?
Not sure how you managed to come to that conclusion.

I said if he got the call-to-arms then it shouldn't take them as long as original to arrive.

But I guess it wouldn't be out of the ordinary considering what Tarly did.

Lancelot said:
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
The Tyrell host is currently at Highgarden.
I mean when they leave Highgarden will they leave with the Tyrells or just sit in highgarden

Akio said:
I mean when they leave Highgarden will they leave with the Tyrells or just sit in highgarden
Well they would be there to fight with the Tyrells so I would assume they would fight with the Tyrells

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancelot said:
Not sure how you managed to come to that conclusion.
I said if he got the call-to-arms then it shouldn't take them as long as original to arrive.

But I guess it wouldn't be out of the ordinary considering what Tarly did.
Moving 5000 men from the Southwestern Reach to Highgarden, is no quick feat, especially if Hightower just sent the message to gather those 5000 and march them North. The only reason why the Tarly was able to do what they do was because a sizable amount their men are usually already mustered in case of an attack by the Dornish, their strict discipline under Helyon and the fact that they had more time and less distance to cover from Horn Hill to Highgarden. For Hightower/Florent to march North to Highgarden in even a relatively close time to the Tarly would be mind blowing to me, given the standard amount of discipline their soldiers will likely have, the larger distance to cover in a shorter time as well as the larger amount of troops that will need to be mobilized by two houses, even if they're very close to one another.

Now that I'm looking back he was still on the road, so that gives Gawain an out. Still, with all that's been going on with the Ironborn, for him not to have mustered his forces at least makes him look noncommittal (no matter how unfair that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back