• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Leusis said:
Hes only got 3 ships, 2 of them being galleys.
However his personal ship is larger than any war ship in Westeros and eastern Essos. Shit it might even be the biggest war ship in general, I mean the thing is like 240ft long and has 3 or 4 decks and it has 3 masts so its still fast as shit for its size. Swain pretty much has the most OP ship in the RP in terms of its ability in naval combat. It also has a crew of 300 men I believe.
Ok, just before you try and murder his brother, bear in mind that Baelor Velaryon has over twenty times that number at his disposal.

Jabroni said:
Well @TheAncientCenturion has been dying to plead his case for world domination, but basically Hollis' death is wrapping up with a post-funeral feast and a war council in one of the smaller halls. So it's up to you which way you want to go.
Does the reach lords not like Gawain or am I misinterpreting it?

Archon said:
Uh, good point!
Anyway, I'll work on my Arren post now.

*It double-posted, then I deleted one, and it deleted both. RPNation y u do dis.
Cool cool! I'll just focus on being a privateer for the time being, then.

Hypnos said:
Ok, just before you try and murder his brother, bear in mind that Baelor Velaryon has over twenty times that number at his disposal.
Swain COULD have a fleet bigger than the Saan family. I mean the dudes had an incredibly successful 30 or so years of constant pirating and he keeps the vast majority of whats taken for himself and literally burries it in some unknown location. Quoting my brother "Hes probably slightly less rich than a member of the 13 in Qarth".

Leusis said:
Swain COULD have a fleet bigger than the Saan family. I mean the dudes had an incredibly successful 30 or so years of constant pirating and he keeps the vast majority of whats taken for himself and literally burries it in some unknown location. Quoting my brother "Hes probably slightly less rich than a member of the 13 in Qarth".
He could have allies in the Royal fleet and the Saan family if he plays his cards right :)

Leusis said:
And it would be awfully inconvenient if all those years of piracy were wasted in a moment of idiocy, the Velaryon's have close ties with the Saan family and could make piracy a living nightmare for Swain and his merry men, that is if he doesn't just decide to crush him outright with the Royal fleet. We don't have to be enemies here but Aemond is an asset that Baelor would rather not lose.

Out of curiosity, how does Rory holding the fleet, but Baelor owning it actually effect how it's used?

The moment when Baelor gets out bid on sellsails by a pirate because he has beef with Swain and gets Driftmark destroyed by hundreds of pirate ships.

I mean, I'm sure pirates would jump at the chance to fight with Swain, the dude is basically a living legend in the Stepstones. How do you think he keeps replacing the men he sacrafices so that he can keep sacking coastal villages/castles and pirating ships?

All this talk of ole' Blackeyes Malone has me feeling like typing. Aemond will be speaking with the legend o' the Stepstones soon. Maybe not speaking so much actually.

Archon said:
Out of curiosity, how does Rory holding the fleet, but Baelor owning it actually effect how it's used?
I have a spreadsheet that I shared earlier but currently there are 69 ships at Dragonstone and 69 more mixed amongst other Crownlands houses (Most of which are Rory's vassals) with the last 69 being at King's Landing, the ones at Dragonstone will be primarily loyal to Rory, with the ones in the Narrow Sea and King's Landing being primarily loyal to Baelor. This is not to stay that if they were to become enemies they would all stick to their loyalties however and I intend to make a loyalty systems over the weekend so that it's a bit more chance based and everyone's loyalties aren't just static.

Leusis said:
The moment when Baelor gets out bid on sellsails by a pirate because he has beef with Swain and gets Driftmark destroyed by hundreds of pirate ships.
I mean, I'm sure pirates would jump at the chance to fight with Swain, the dude is basically a living legend in the Stepstones. How do you think he keeps replacing the men he sacrafices so that he can keep sacking coastal villages/castles and pirating ships?
Out bid? But why would he be out bid? I'd wager that Lord Baelor is not only richer than Swain and his pirates but also has closer connections to sell sails and has a better reputation for keeping his word than a pirate.

Swain may be a leg and in the step stones but Baelor Velaryon is a Lord, a businessmen, the Master of Ships and the uncle to the queen of an entire continent. Were I a betting man, as I'm sure many pirate are, I'd would side with Lord Baelor over a pirate, no matter how good he happens to be.

Jabroni said:
Nah, it's just Varn doesn't want to wait and thinks Gawain is approaching it too softly.
Varn needs to chill a bit, Tarlys warmongering style is influencing him.

Gawain rules for the people and the gods :)

Hypnos said:
I have a spreadsheet that I shared earlier but currently there are 69 ships at Dragonstone and 69 more mixed amongst other Crownlands houses (Most of which are Rory's vassals) with the last 69 being at King's Landing, the ones at Dragonstone will be primarily loyal to Rory, with the ones in the Narrow Sea and King's Landing being primarily loyal to Baelor. This is not to stay that if they were to become enemies they would all stick to their loyalties however and I intend to make a loyalty systems over the weekend so that it's a bit more chance based and everyone's loyalties aren't just static.
Out bid? But why would he be out bid? I'd wager that Lord Baelor is not only richer than Swain and his pirates but also has closer connections to sell sails and has a better reputation for keeping his word than a pirate.

Swain may be a leg and in the step stones but Baelor Velaryon is a Lord, a businessmen, the Master of Ships and the uncle to the queen of an entire continent. Were I a betting man, as I'm sure many pirate are, I'd would side with Lord Baelor over a pirate, no matter how good he happens to be.
Okay, you might be right that the mans reputation throughout the world is better than Swain's since the dude is the uncle of the queen of Westeros and is also in her small council. But I seriously doubt that Baelor currently has as much gold as Swain in his vaults, at this very moment, or anything close really. Swain has always been a very successful pirate, so lets say he averages 1 merchant ship per month, hes been doing this for about 30 years, thats 360 merchant ships. So not only does he have all the cargo of value from those ships that wasn't parishable, but also the gold hes recieved from selling the ships himself. Now, of course he has to pay his men, but hes dirt cheap. So this man likely has 90% of the value of 360 merchant ships and all their cargo currently hidden somewhere in the stepstones. Baelor might have more total net worth because of his assets, such as his fleet and merchant ships and castle and such things. But in terms of pure gold that each of them currently has just stored somewhere, Swain absolutely blows Baelor out of the water.

Hypnos said:

You're awesome, because that's not only totally fair, but a loyalty system is absolutely genius!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypnos said:

Wait, loyalty system for the Royal Fleet?

Leusis said:
Okay, you might be right that the mans reputation throughout the world is better than Swain's since the dude is the uncle of the queen of Westeros and is also in her small council. But I seriously doubt that Baelor currently has as much gold as Swain in his vaults, at this very moment, or anything close really. Swain has always been a very successful pirate, so lets say he averages 1 merchant ship per month, hes been doing this for about 30 years, thats 360 merchant ships. So not only does he have all the cargo of value from those ships that wasn't parishable, but also the gold hes recieved from selling the ships himself. Now, of course he has to pay his men, but hes dirt cheap. So this man likely has 90% of the value of 360 merchant ships and all their cargo currently hidden somewhere in the stepstones. Baelor might have more total net worth because of his assets, such as his fleet and merchant ships and castle and such things. But in terms of pure gold that each of them currently has just stored somewhere, Swain absolutely blows Baelor out of the water.
I can't really argue with that, seems like a fair enough assessment, of their wealth.

WanderingJester said:
Wait, loyalty system for the Royal Fleet?
Yeah, it's something I'm working on so that we can actually determine fairly who each captain is loyal to without arguing about it.

Hypnos said:
I can't really argue with that, seems like a fair enough assessment, of their wealth.
Yeah, it's something I'm working on so that we can actually determine fairly who each captain is loyal to without arguing about it.
Cool, cool.

Hypnos said:
Whoa whoa whoa. Frankly I'm triggered right now. People CAN NOT resolve arguments by agreeing with one another on the internet. This is a fact of life.

wnIaRyJ.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back