• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Savagai said:
Interest check should work, and just spamming the chat.
Ow, and got my post up,

Guess it is @Lancelot turn to act?
The Lannisters only gathered 40k troops for an expedition force. So 50k for Reachmen will do fine, or something of the sort. Just OOC fyi :)

WanderingJester said:
The Lannisters only gathered 40k troops for an expedition force. So 50k for Reachmen will do fine, or something of the sort. Just OOC fyi :)
Granted the reach itself is badly mobalized

WanderingJester said:
Now you have something to correct him ;) hes still learning

Is everyone ok with these fleet sizes?

• Royal Fleet: 210 "According to A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, King's Landing usually has fifty ships and Dragonstone has one hundred sixty ships"
  • Arbor Fleet: 200 - "It is the largest fleet in Westeros. Lord Paxter Redwyne owns two hundred warships"
  • Lannisport Fleet: 60 - "The Lannisters have a larger and much grander fleet, but we're still only talking about twenty to thirty ships, perhaps." Doubled through Tiber's improvments after the war of the lions.
  • Oldtown Fleet: 35 - Based on the Lannisport numbers since they're both cities but with an additional five ships as Oldtown is larger.
  • Gulltown Fleet: 25 - Based on Lannister numbers but with five less ships as Gulltown is smaller than Lannisport.
  • White Harbour Fleet: 20 - Based on Lannister numbers but with ten less ships as it is smaller than Gulltown and Lannisport.
  • Maidenpool Fleet: 15 - Largest port in the Riverlands, too small to be a city.
  • Planky Town Fleet: 15 - Largest port in Dorne, too small to be a city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypnos said:
  • Royal Fleet: 210 "According to A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, King's Landing usually has fifty ships and Dragonstone has one hundred sixty ships"
  • Arbor Fleet: 200 - "It is the largest fleet in Westeros. Lord Paxter Redwyne owns two hundred warships"
  • Lannisport Fleet: 60 - "The Lannisters have a larger and much grander fleet, but we're still only talking about twenty to thirty ships, perhaps." Doubled through Tiber's improvments after the war of the lions.
  • Oldtown Fleet: 35 - Based on the Lannisport numbers since they're both cities but with an additional five ships as Oldtown is larger.
  • Gulltown Fleet: 25 - Based on Lannister numbers but with five less ships as Gulltown is smaller than Lannisport.
  • White Harbour Fleet: 20 - Based on Lannister numbers but with ten less ships as it is smaller than Gulltown and Lannisport.
  • Maidenpool Fleet: 15 - Largest port in the Riverlands, too small to be a city.
Yeah Old town likely has that size of a fleet, they will also many trade vessels being as they are second to only Kings Landing :)

Hypnos said:
Actually I was under the impression that the Redwyne fleet was the largest, so I was thinking more of the Royal fleet being at around 170-180 and the Redwyne at 200

WanderingJester said:
Actually I was under the impression that the Redwyne fleet was the largest, so I was thinking more of the Royal fleet being at around 170-180 and the Redwyne at 200
I believe the Royal Fleet numbers may be accounting for Longships and War-galleys whereas the Redwyne is only War-galleys. The Redwyne fleet is definately larger than the royal one and I'd say if we remove Longships then the royal fleet would be at around 150 ships.

Do those numbers account for smaller held 'fleets' that individual Houses may have and give up in times of war? A few ships here or there, nothing impressive. As maintaining a fleet is expensive.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Do those numbers account for smaller held 'fleets' that individual Houses may have and give up in times of war? A few ships here or there, nothing impressive. As maintaining a fleet is expensive.
I think the smaller coastal houses may have 1 or 2 galleys at least.

Going by numbers at Seagrd "The Mallisters have a small fleet of six longships and two war galleys" I'd say most coastal holds would have a few longships, with the more prominent ones* (Mallister is one of the top defenses against the Iron Born in the Riverlands) having one or two galleys.

*Islands like Fair Isle, Greenstone, Tarth and the Sisters could probably be counted among these.

Modified the Aemond post so it hopefully doesn't sound like I wrote it half assed tired and stressed out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from X-Men Apocalypse. It was actually better than I thought it'd be. Will try and work on an Aerea post before the night is donezo.

I'm surprised, it didn't look that good.
It is nowhere near a "great" movie, but if you go in with an open mind- you'll like it. It is really damn entertaining. The film doesn't take itself too seriously, which helps it.

TheFordee14 said:
It is nowhere near a "great" movie, but if you go in with an open mind- you'll like it. It is really damn entertaining. The film doesn't take itself too seriously, which helps it.
How would you rank it among other X-men films?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back