• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Fezzes said:
Lol. I'm still curious about that tier system that people worked out.
The Cast is massively jobbing, though. Especially considering they're the freshest fighters. I go along with people who want to win too easily. I'm too nice. Unconvinced that Desmund would lose, and similar for Trevir again. Cayden's tired. He's been getting swarmed, there's no opportunity for regular rests.
Cayden victory confirmed?

TheAncientCenturion said:
Find a way to sort of. . Push them out of the way for a bit. Say Gelgin is sent off to muster the Vale. If you don't come back to the RP, we can have him die in an attack of the Mountain Clans (fittingly). If you do, we have you just. . Be chilling by the Bloody Gate.
Trevir and William?

Leusis said:
Cayden victory confirmed?
Originally, but only through a trick and stuff. Now, I'm not so sure. Especially since Trevir seems to quite handily be winning.

We'd find ways to get all of your characters out of the action, preferably without killing them.
Trevir could get lanced in the head in a freak accident. Coma for a while and taken back to the Eyrie to be treated along with Tiberious who is going to be Tiberious from the original thread. William, no idea. Just have him be quietly following Daenna, or have Daenna give him a mission to do.

Fezzes said:
Originally, but only through a trick and stuff. Now, I'm not so sure. Especially since Trevir seems to quite handily be winning.
Trevir could get lanced in the head in a freak accident. Coma for a while and taken back to the Eyrie to be treated along with Tiberious who is going to be Tiberious from the original thread. William, no idea. Just have him be quietly following Daenna, or have Daenna give him a mission to do.
Lance through the head. . Oh Christ, you're rough. Alright! I'll uh, set this up with @TheFordee14 and the tourney host @WanderingJester

Lance through the head. . Oh Christ, you're rough. Alright! I'll uh, set this up with @TheFordee14 and the tourney host @WanderingJester
Like, he still unhorses his opponent and it's clear he would have won the tourney, but instead it's someone else. I want to see what other people have to say about the Queen of Love and Beauty.

Fezzes said:
I calls fights like a sees um, Trevir was mostly ignored for the majority of the melee while Cayden had to fight a dozen opponents (pretty sure thats the amount). Not to mention the guy has asthma so I doubt his conditioning is anywhere near what a highly trained knight would be (not saying he hasn't trained and taken part in tons of battles, just saying his asthma holds his stamina back quite a lot since he has none of the modern medicine of today to help him). And Roland just so happens to be a highly trained knight and he was out of breath after a one minute long exchange with Lawsen. Defeating those 12 opponents had to of been several minutes of non-stop action, and then he proceeds to fight an opponent whos just as good as him if not slightly better, and that knight also has better equipment compared to what Cayden has.

I calls um likes a sees um

Fezzes said:
That is why I asked you if you wanted to play it out lol and see how it goes lol.

Originally in the first part of out battle Cayden had an advantage by using the sun in the battle and we had bantar going on. Then where we are now Caydens earlier battles were catching up to him and he was getting pressured. The final plan was to have Cayden win with a broken spear and wounded but win because he threw dust into trevirs eyes, and use the agility he could use unconstrained by armor to cease the day, probably wounded. It was supposed to highlight some of the real battle experience Trevir lacked, highlighting he might have won the battle but lost to Cayden using the environment to his advantage while he ignored it in the fact of fiar contest as well as his own unadability against his peculiar style and little armor, kind of lead him to go on the path of Roland to go get experience by fighting the mountain clans to learn to combat different styles and the desperation of combat which ones life in on the line

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, that previous post was just my thought on who held the advantage at the start (obviously Trevir). If Cayden wants to act like a dornishman and play tricks to win, depending on what it is he can win, doesn't bother me any.

And damn it @Akio way to spoil the whole fight!

200_s.gif

Leusis said:
By the way, that previous post was just my thought on who held the advantage at the start (obviously Trevir). If Cayden wants to act like a dornishman and play tricks to win, depending on what it is he can win, doesn't bother me any.
And damn it @Akio way to spoil the whole fight!

200_s.gif
Well if Fezzes leaves I have to write the whole thing lol, and if he leaves a lot of this stuff changes a bit especially if he's knocked unconscious in the joust

Still not quite sold on the 'leaping up from the ground to drag him down' thing. Seems a little athletic for the circumstances of a wounded and tired Cayden. Especially if that gets through a shield and sword.

Personally, I think it'd be hilarious if Roland quickly tears through Camren and then just bops the shit out of Trevir and Cayden when they aren't looking.

@Fezzes

Roland kind of already control+alt+deleted all of the other remaining combatants other than Lyonel and Desmund as well as Trevir and Cayden. He pretty much got tired of trying to look like some perfect mystery knight who upholds everything to do with chivalry and make his wins look fancy and just got really brutal and started hurting people really bad. Camren for example pretty much got his nose shattered and several teeth cracked or broken. Brock on the other hand got one of his knees shattered like a piece of glass getting thrown into a wood chipper.

Leusis said:
@Fezzes
Roland kind of already control+alt+deleted all of the other remaining combatants other than Lyonel and Desmund as well as Trevir and Cayden. He pretty much got tired of trying to look like some perfect mystery knight who upholds everything to do with chivalry and make his wins look fancy and just got really brutal and started hurting people really bad. Camren for example pretty much got his nose shattered and several teeth cracked or broken. Brock on the other hand got one of his knees shattered like a piece of glass getting thrown into a wood chipper.
Didn't even let Brock and Siward fight it out, huh?

And yeah, in that case, less funny.

At this point whichever one of you wins, Roland is going to hurt really bad if they don't yield quick enough. Assuming whoever wins is tired/hurt enough to be an easy win.

Fezzes said:
Still not quite sold on the 'leaping up from the ground to drag him down' thing. Seems a little athletic for the circumstances of a wounded and tired Cayden. Especially if that gets through a shield and sword.
Personally, I think it'd be hilarious if Roland quickly tears through Camren and then just bops the shit out of Trevir and Cayden when they aren't looking.
Knights are dragged down all the time, in medival days that's how most of them actually ended up dying if not bleeding out. But don't spoil any more in case I actually have to write this thing lol. And Caydens used to being brought to the brink, he's fought in several wars so he's acting like he's fighting as if his life depends on it because that's the only way he knows how to fight. He has training professionally but the last couple years constant warfare so he's not likely to quit unless he's uncounsious or dies, he's used to being wounded. Or an angry Roland is coming down on him

And yes, Brock is named so because he's basically Brock Lesnar in the middle ages, plus some banter. Hits like a fucking truck. Lightning bruiser. Less skill, but his physical stats are ridiculous anyway.

Akio said:
Knights are dragged down all the time, in medival days that's how most of them actually ended up dying if not bleeding out. But don't spoil any more in case I actually have to write this thing lol. And Caydens used to being brought to the brink, he's fought in several wars so he's acting like he's fighting as if his life depends on it because that's the only way he knows how to fight. He has training professionally but the last couple years constant warfare so he's not likely to quit unless he's uncounsious or dies, he's used to being wounded. Or an angry Roland is coming down on him
Desperation only goes so far. Trevir, if he won, would probably end up getting beaten down by Roland. Because he's annoyed at his people getting just trashed like that.

Fezzes said:
And yes, Brock is named so because he's basically Brock Lesnar in the middle ages, plus some banter. Hits like a fucking truck. Lightning bruiser. Less skill, but his physical stats are ridiculous anyway.
Yeah, the moment you named him Brock the first person I imagined was Lesnar lol.

Honestly, I'd love to see somebody on the ground try and get up, grab the person they're fighting and drag them to the ground without getting pounded on the head with castle forged steel the entire time.

Jabroni said:
Well it's not going to be pretty when they ask Gawain, "So, how many men have you brought?"
Also, you probably don't know yet, but that Helyon guy called a bunch of banners without informing the Tyrells, so he's hungry.
Hey, someone had to make sure Reach isn't blindsided, and the Tyrells were busy gardening or something.

Leusis said:
I'd say Helyon should lead because he seems the most capable in terms of his history, but that'd be like Wanderingjester playing chess with himself.
Again, I prefer marbles, but I get what you're saying. It does make the most sense though storywise *shrug*

Hypnos said:
I'm going to have to dig up wherever I left those fleet numbers from around a month ago and I'm going to name every single one, that's the Royal, Manderly and Maidenpool fleets, I am sure that'll keep me busy for a while.
well the only man who managed to survive the Iron Born invasion of the shield islands with his entire fleet and garrison perfectly intact of course.

And your service to the realm is greatly appreciated, but when the shields got raided by the Ironborn I don't remember the Tyrell's coming to their aid (Thanks Redwyne and Tarlys)
(y) Anytime Shield Islands, the Tarlys have got your back. We understand the cornerstone you guys serve as part of the overall defenses of Reach.

Leusis said:
Also, how the hell are we going to decide the kingsmoot?
I say when it starts and all the characters give their speeches we have all the players vote on a poll for whos more badass and that decides how the captains vote lol.

And Roland is one of the most skilled knights in Westeros, does that mean he gets a valyrian steel weapon? I'm just saying if you wanted an awesome ship, you should have put it in your history. I mean the pirate Swain has his ship in his history because its huge and awesome, and I just think you having a super fast ship should have been thrown in somewhere. Like it really coud have just been "And Cayden has a sweet ass ship thats fast as hell" at the end of your history and then I wouldn't have cared.

But I did forum rps a lot back in the day, and in the more intense forums you really get fucked over for saying you have something that isn't in your CS.
I'll probably just roll a dice or something. I'll worry about burning that bridge when I get there.

Wow, lance to the head... damn that's rough. We'll see what we can do or something I suppose. I do hope you'll come back some day @Fezzes ( :( )

@Jabroni Varn left off his post with a "Turning to Tarlys" moment. Would you like Helyon to brief everyone or something or what?

Also, 72 notifications. Thanks guys.

Leusis said:
Honestly, I'd love to see somebody on the ground try and get up, grab the person they're fighting and drag them to the ground without getting pounded on the head with castle forged steel the entire time.
The way he drags him to the ground is gonna be slightly strange to say the least. You'll see if it happens but it's quick and not much way in retaliation

Trevir getting smashed could be how he gets taken out, instead of lance to the face. Or we could do both, because I hate Trevir's physical health apparently.

Akio said:
Also as somebody who was very heavily into sports I know one thing for a fact. Regardless of how willing the mind is, the body slows and eventually breaks over time, there is only so much the will to win can do. And honestly that was always the worst feeling when you're so close to winning but you're exhausted to the point where your body is lagging behind your will and you're unable to do what you normally can, thus losing you the game.

Leusis said:
Also has somebody who was very heavily into sports I know one thing for a fact. Regardless of how willing the mind is, the body slows and eventually breaks over time, there is only so much the will to win can do. And honestly that was always the worst feeling when you're so close to winning but you're exhausted to the point where your body is lagging behind your will and you're unable to do what you normally can, thus losing you the game.
Honestly even if Cayden wins he will probably be in worse situation then Trevir the way I planned it. He would barley be able to speak with his stamina so overdrawn. Trevir will probably get up and walk away if a bit hurt (or attack Roland apparently in anger) while Cayden will lay like a gasping fish for a minute or two, probably wounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back