• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
I didn't mention his ship in his CS because it didn't seem like I'd be fighting many battles at sea, and thus far has only used it in one post, in which I mentioned and described how it was built, funding, and why. There wasn't exactly a describe your ship section in the CS sheet
Hypnos said:
To be fair, I've changed a bit of what's in my original app over the course of the RP too.
Cough, cough!

And Valaena is technically not a Velaryon either as a Rogare and a Saan, I don't understand you're point.

I wish there was though, I have a lot of ships, I kind of want to go through and name them all.
Not trying to start shit Akio, just saying its rather convenient for your character to have one of the fastest ships on the sea when it wasn't mentioned anywhere in his history. That'd be like Roland being an amazing sailor all the sudden because hes lord of Fair Isle now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypnos said:
Baelor hates the majority his family anyway, so it makes no matter, it wouldn't be the first time his son in law has disappeared at sea.
Think about this: Baeloy Velaryon is one of the richest men in Westeros, he could hire anyone he wanted to do his dirty work yet he still sticks with his brother, why do you think that is?

well the one in command should be someone who has actually dealt with the Reachs enemies in the past and since that applies to neither of you...
Uh, Varn often rode with Hollis during his battles..

I'd say Helyon should lead because he seems the most capable in terms of his history, but that'd be like Wanderingjester playing chess with himself.

Jabroni said:
Bedivere is a pretty good knight, not a commander though, he would do better riding with the Lord (sort of like the men who fought with Robb Stark.)

Lyonel and the Costayne brothers are the closest thing to commanders Oldtown has got.

There is also Ser Markus who is a pretty good defensively.

Akio said:
I mean Cayden likely wouldn't spend a whole lot of time at Driftmark
Something you can do while we wait for whipit, you might MIGHT have enough ships to name and describe till his next post
I'm going to have to dig up wherever I left those fleet numbers from around a month ago and I'm going to name every single one, that's the Royal, Manderly and Maidenpool fleets, I am sure that'll keep me busy for a while.

Savagai said:
And who you might be my lord?
well the only man who managed to survive the Iron Born invasion of the shield islands with his entire fleet and garrison perfectly intact of course.

Jabroni said:
And your service to the realm is greatly appreciated, but when the shields got raided by the Ironborn I don't remember the Tyrell's coming to their aid (Thanks Redwyne and Tarlys)

Leusis said:
Not trying to start shit Akio, just saying its rather convenient for your character to have one of the fastest ships on the sea when it wasn't mentioned anywhere in his history. That'd be like Roland being an amazing sailor all the sudden because hes lord of Fair Isle now.
I said he was highly skilled at sailing and has love of the sea so it seemed kind of obvious he would have a special ship. Nor was it something is use much so it slipped my mind that I would have to mention it to be honest. And while it's fast some of the biggest warships would crush it if they caught it and carry more men. The ship is flexible in its ability, not a cure all.

Hypnos said:
I'm going to have to dig up wherever I left those fleet numbers from around a month ago and I'm going to name every single one, that's the Royal, Manderly and Maidenpool fleets, I am sure that'll keep me busy for a while.
well the only man who managed to survive the Iron Born invasion of the shield islands with his entire fleet and garrison perfectly intact of course.

And your service to the realm is greatly appreciated, but when the shields got raided by the Ironborn I don't remember the Tyrell's coming to their aid (Thanks Redwyne and Tarlys)
But whip it is going for gold on delay of RP medal

Leusis said:
I'd say Helyon should lead because he seems the most capable in terms of his history, but that'd be like Wanderingjester playing chess with himself.
When does it ever go down like that though? The blood relatives almost always lead, no matter how inexperienced. I mean yea, they split the command and decide to give one of their bannermen the larger host.

Savagai said:
@Hypnos
But Bealor is under Baratheon right?

And I'm not sure if they are our friends
I wasn't talking about Baelor (who is definitely not trying to have your fleet burned at the moment) I was talking about the greatest shield Lord of all time, Ser Bonifer "the grim" Grimm.

Also, how the hell are we going to decide the kingsmoot?

I say when it starts and all the characters give their speeches we have all the players vote on a poll for whos more badass and that decides how the captains vote lol.

Akio said:
I said he was highly skilled at sailing and has love of the sea so it seemed kind of obvious he would have a special ship. Nor was it something is use much so it slipped my mind that I would have to mention it to be honest. And while it's fast some of the biggest warships would crush it if they caught it and carry more men. The ship is flexible in its ability, not a cure all.
But whip it is going for gold on delay of RP medal
And Roland is one of the most skilled knights in Westeros, does that mean he gets a valyrian steel weapon? I'm just saying if you wanted an awesome ship, you should have put it in your history. I mean the pirate Swain has his ship in his history because its huge and awesome, and I just think you having a super fast ship should have been thrown in somewhere. Like it really coud have just been "And Cayden has a sweet ass ship thats fast as hell" at the end of your history and then I wouldn't have cared.

But I did forum rps a lot back in the day, and in the more intense forums you really get fucked over for saying you have something that isn't in your CS.

Hypnos said:
I wasn't talking about Baelor (who is definitely not trying to have your fleet burned at the moment) I was talking about the greatest shield Lord of all time, Ser Bonifer "the grim" Grimm.
Ah, hello friend at the Island! This battle will probably been fought at the fields, somewhere in the mid/east of The Reach *sighs*

Leusis said:
Also, how the hell are we going to decide the kingsmoot?
I say when it starts and all the characters give their speeches we have all the players vote on a poll for whos more badass and that decides how the captains vote lol.

And Roland is one of the most skilled knights in Westeros, does that mean he gets a valyrian steel weapon? I'm just saying if you wanted an awesome ship, you should have put it in your history. I mean the pirate Swain has his ship in his history because its huge and awesome, and I just think you having a super fast ship should have been thrown in somewhere. Like it really coud have just been "And Cayden has a sweet ass ship thats fast as hell" at the end of your history and then I wouldn't have cared.

But I did forum rps a lot back in the day, and in the more intense forums you really get fucked over for saying you have something that isn't in your CS.
Valyrian steel weapons have to be directly approved by all the GMs, if I saw something about a ship or was ever asked or told to approve ship specs I would have posted it. If I have to I will go edit right now my CS to include my ship specs, that simple. There was nothing about it so it slipped my mind, apologies

Last edited by a moderator:
Savagai said:
Ah, hello friend at the Island! This battle will probably been fought at the fields, somewhere in the mid/east of The Reach *sighs*
I wouldn't be too sure about that, especially considering the improvements Tiber has been making to the fleet at Lannisport.

@Akio

Nobody said you had to put the ship specs or anything like that, I just suggested you should have thrown in the fact you have an awesome ship somewhere in your history. You're taking what I'm saying and just taking it to a different level. Also I'm not a GM so I can't tell you to do shit, I was just making an observation and suggestion, cause you mention things that your character has done or things he has that were never mentioned in the CS, like the whole Pentos situation where you shit on a whole culture.

Hypnos said:
I wouldn't be too sure about that, especially considering the improvements Tiber has been making to the fleet at Lannisport.
Ow, but the fastest way from Lannisport to Durne is via the land right? And otherwise there would be probably be a battle round the waters of the Shield Islands?

Savagai said:
Ow, but the fastest way from Lannisport to Durne is via the land right? And otherwise there would be probably be a battle round the waters of the Shield Islands?
Exactly, what I'm saying is give me command or I'll let Lannister ships sail their way up the Mander and burn Highgarden to the ground.

Hypnos said:
Second battle of Greyshield, is it? The Tyrells may have to make a gift of Hightower land for the Hero of the Rock (not to be confused with Casterly).

Hypnos said:
Exactly, what I'm saying is give me command or I'll let Lannister ships sail their way up the Mander and burn Highgarden to the ground.
Euh.. Tyrell send troops to defend the Islands and Dorne and Lannis will kill eachother.. looks like the best option for The Reach

Leusis said:
@Akio
Nobody said you had to put the ship specs or anything like that, I just suggested you should have thrown in the fact you have an awesome ship somewhere in your history. You're taking what I'm saying and just taking it to a different level. Also I'm not a GM so I can't tell you to do shit, I was just making an observation and suggestion, cause you mention things that your character has done or things he has that were never mentioned in the CS, like the whole Pentos situation where you shit on a whole culture.
That I admit was impromptu and not all that important and since it fit in with his playboy fuck all kind of attitude so I put it there and went to see how it went. I don't like outlining everything my character has ever done and he would have not have seen sleeping with one girl as major so I also didn't think of it as a major plot point that needed to be in his CS compared to his running away from home to spend time on a trading ship which represented his love of the sea or his time in kingslanding with Daenna and the beginnings of him sort of stopping his playing around and learning fighting and political landscape

Savagai said:
Euh.. Tyrell send troops to defend the Islands and Dorne and Lannis will kill eachother.. looks like the best option for The Reach
I think you're a bit confused here, Dorne and the Lannisters are (possibly) allying together to attack the Reach, since Tiber has southern ambitions and the Dornish and the Reachmen have always hated each other due to border skirmishes and conflicts of old. The Iron Islands have also attacked the Reach in a raid on tw shields and depending on who wins the Kingsmoot (election) they may try again. The Tyrell's pretty much have to deal with three enemies, to their north, south and west which may be hard, especially if they lose the shields which are located at the mouth of the river Mander, which flows throughout the Reach and borders many keeps including the Tyrell's own at Highgarden.

Hypnos said:
I think you're a bit confused here, Dorne and the Lannisters are (possibly) allying together to attack the Reach, since Tiber has southern ambitions and the Dornish and the Reachmen have always hated each other due to border skirmishes and conflicts of old. The Iron Islands have also attacked the Reach in a raid on tw shields and depending on who wins the Kingsmoot (election) they may try again. The Tyrell's pretty much have to deal with three enemies, to their north, south and west which may be hard, especially if they lose the shields which are located at the mouth of the river Mander, which flows throughout the Reach and borders many keeps including the Tyrell's own at Highgarden.
Ow yeah xD

I've placed my character in a difficult position. My mind isn't working that hard at this very late time. I go to sleep now and probably make tomorrow Sef's tactic.

Could do a favor for me? Pointing out Tyrells Allies and enemies? You'd help me very much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back