• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
In general, each great house rules over a kingdom of Westeros, hence 7 great houses for seven Kingdoms. Lannisters over Westerlands, Starks over the North, Tully over the Riverlands, Targaryen over the Crownlands, Baratheons over the Stormlands, Tyrells over the Reach and Martells over Dorne. Here's a reference fore them for more details.
Great houses

Now for Reach specifically, the head honchos are, as stated, the Tyrells (which you've observed). However there aren't much of a formal "rankings" in regards to who rules after them. Tracing back to the original rulers of the Reach, House Gardener, the most direct line and strongest blood would be House Florent. However possibly the richest of the Tyrell's bannermen includes House Hightower, who rules over Oldtown, the oldest town in existence in Westeros, as the name implies, the Tarlys, possibly the best Marcher Lords the Reach owns militarily speaking, and the Redwynes, who controls the largest fleet in existence on Westeroes. Not to be brushed off are the Rowans, which are similar to the Tarlys in that they have an impressive military force, but have more quantity to the Tarlys quality.

Also important to mention are the Houses of the Shield Islands, pretty much the only thing that's stopping viking/Ironborn raiders from pillaging along the entire Mander River (which spans most of middle and Northern Reach). At the moment in the RP, the de facto leader is Lord Grimm of House Grimm after the repelled assault by the Iron Fleet earlier IC.

Here's some book canon details if you want to read up a bit, though none of the recent events obviously relates to the RP's story.

Reach

Bonus: Here's a useful map I use for reference in regards to Planetos in general. If you're interested as well.

Interactive Game of Thrones Map with Spoilers Control
I wish I ruled over a Kingdom :(

And that reminds me, I've been meaning to ask Tyrell for that high lordship, though I suppose this isn't th time considering they're at a funeral.

I leave for a couple days and the Reach is actually doing something? What dark magic is this? We were meant to steam roll them while they were in hibernation Tiber! Damn you!

WanderingJester said:
In general, each great house rules over a kingdom of Westeros, hence 7 great houses for seven Kingdoms. Lannisters over Westerlands, Starks over the North, Tully over the Riverlands, Targaryen over the Crownlands, Baratheons over the Stormlands, Tyrells over the Reach and Martells over Dorne. Here's a reference fore them for more details.
Great houses

Now for Reach specifically, the head honchos are, as stated, the Tyrells (which you've observed). However there aren't much of a formal "rankings" in regards to who rules after them. Tracing back to the original rulers of the Reach, House Gardener, the most direct line and strongest blood would be House Florent. However possibly the richest of the Tyrell's bannermen includes House Hightower, who rules over Oldtown, the oldest town in existence in Westeros, as the name implies, the Tarlys, possibly the best Marcher Lords the Reach owns militarily speaking, and the Redwynes, who controls the largest fleet in existence on Westeroes. Not to be brushed off are the Rowans, which are similar to the Tarlys in that they have an impressive military force, but have more quantity to the Tarlys quality.

Also important to mention are the Houses of the Shield Islands, pretty much the only thing that's stopping viking/Ironborn raiders from pillaging along the entire Mander River (which spans most of middle and Northern Reach). At the moment in the RP, the de facto leader is Lord Grimm of House Grimm after the repelled assault by the Iron Fleet earlier IC.

Here's some book canon details if you want to read up a bit, though none of the recent events obviously relates to the RP's story.

Reach

Bonus: Here's a useful map I use for reference in regards to Planetos in general. If you're interested as well.

Interactive Game of Thrones Map with Spoilers Control
Jabroni said:
ASOIAFRP - Troops[/url]

The Hightowers are equal in strength to Highgarden and control the largest port city (Oldtown). The Tarlys come shortly thereafter along with the Redwynes, the latter controlling one of the three largest fleets in Westeros.
Thank you for the Info :)

So the Tyrell rules over the whole Reach, and the others houses a part under house Tyrell?

Hypnos said:
I wish I ruled over a Kingdom :(
And that reminds me, I've been meaning to ask Tyrell for that high lordship, though I suppose this isn't th time considering they're at a funeral.
Wot? As far as I'm concerned Walder rules the Riverlands (by that I mean he keeps everyone in the Riverlands from spontanously killing one another. Any man who can achieve that rules over the Riverlands to me :P ) Oh, unless you mean Lord Grimm xD

I wouldn't worry so much about House Grimm. From what I can see, they're pretty set either way with both support from the mainland and the Redwyne Fleet from the sea :D

Leusis said:
I leave for a couple days and the Reach is actually doing something? What dark magic is this? We were meant to steam roll them while they were in hibernation Tiber! Damn you!
Relax, grab a whore and be merry. Enjoy the festivities, food and drink! In time, the Reach will see the just cause of the Lion, even if we have to show them at the point of a sword.

Savagai said:
Thank you for the Info :)
So the Tyrell rules over the whole Reach, and the others houses a part under house Tyrell?
Think feudalism. Tyrell's technically rulers over all of Reach, but local laws and rule are set by whoever's seat is on that particular piece of land/their overlords, which would all trace back to the Tyrells (therotically).

WanderingJester said:
Wot? As far as I'm concerned Walder rules the Riverlands (by that I mean he keeps everyone in the Riverlands from spontanously killing one another. Any man who can achieve that rules over the Riverlands to me :P ) Oh, unless you mean Lord Grimm xD
I wouldn't worry so much about House Grimm. From what I can see, they're pretty set either way with both support from the mainland and the Redwyne Fleet from the sea :D

Relax, grab a whore and be merry. Enjoy the festivities, food and drink! In time, the Reach will see the just cause of the Lion, even if we have to show them at the point of a sword.

Think feudalism. Tyrell's technically rulers over all of Reach, but local laws and rule are set by whoever's seat is on that particular piece of land/their overlords, which would all trace back to the Tyrells (therotically).
I was talking more about the fact that the Riverlands are too awful to be a Kingdom, personally I blame the Iron Islands.

Leusis said:
Well considering we have possible turn cloaks *cough* Hightower *cough* sympathizing with the Blackfyre, there's plenty of ways this can go belly up for golden rose, not to mention those crispy Dornish.

WanderingJester said:
Thank you very much!

WanderingJester said:

Well if you are talking about the Seven Kingdoms the Riverlands wasn't one of them :)

If otherwise then I guess they could count.

Westerlands, Hightowers, Dornish VS. The rest of the Reach

Yeah, the Tyrell's look thoroughly fucked in this one.

If only they had a proven battle commander who was use to charging into shitty situations and making the best of it.

Oh, they do. They just locked him in a room for awhile..

Lancelot said:
Well if you are talking about the Seven Kingdoms the Riverlands wasn't one of them :)
If otherwise then I guess they could count.
Really? Huh, weird. They're listed in the wikia as one *shrug*

Seven Kingdoms

TheAncientCenturion said:
If only they had a proven battle commander who was use to charging into shitty situations and making the best of it.
Oh, they do. They just locked him in a room for awhile..
What are you talking about? Helyon in the war room with the other Reach Lords. xD

WanderingJester said:
Seven Kingdoms

What are you talking about? Helyon in the war room with the other Reach Lords. xD
I always thought the Seven Kingdoms referred to before Aegon, after Aegon it was the Iron Throne split into 8 regions + Crownlands?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its okay, Tiber just needs to get Roland or Martyn to meet Helyon on the battlefield and the Westerlands will have no problem crushing the Reach. Same goes for Viserys.

WanderingJester said:
Seven Kingdoms

The Seven Kingdoms refers to the state of Westeros when Aegon landed: It's the nine regions minus the crownlands which was Stormland territory and the Riverlands which was under the dominion of the Iron Islands.

Lancelot said:
I always thought the Seven Kingdoms referred to before Aegon, after Aegon it was the Iron Throne split into 8 regions + Crownlands?
No idea, I think you guys might be right. Since I completely forgot about the Vale and the Arryns when explaining the thing before.

Savagai said:
*is confused as fuck*
Ignore the long history talks, they're more of just clarifications to deeps stuff that I don't think you had been exposed to before. Though I would add something to what I forgot before. There's also the Vale which is ruled by House Arryn.

Hypnos said:
The Seven Kingdoms refers to the state of Westeros when Aegon landed: It's the nine regions minus the crownlands which was Stormland territory and the Riverlands which was under the dominion of the Iron Islands.
Boom. Yup. What @Hypnos said.

#BlametheIronIslands

Jabroni said:
Well considering we have possible turn cloaks *cough* Hightower *cough* sympathizing with the Blackfyre, there's plenty of ways this can go belly up for golden rose, not to mention those crispy Dornish.
Leusis said:
Its okay, Tiber just needs to get Roland or Martyn to meet Helyon on the battlefield and the Westerlands will have no problem crushing the Reach. Same goes for Viserys.
Except that they need at least two proven battle commanders if they end up getting pincered by the Dornish (and maybe the hightowers) and the Lion, Two front war

So Helyon now needs to die so Viserys may worm his way into the Tyrell's good graces. . .
...Perhaps Viserys should choose his team more wisely. Say... the Lannisters instead?

WanderingJester said:
...Perhaps Viserys should choose his team more wisely. Say... the Lannisters instead?
I really just got a great idea in my head that might piss Tiber off.

I honestly want to just. . Follow through with this vision in my head.

I really just got a great idea in my head that might piss Tiber off.
I honestly want to just. . Follow through with this vision in my head.
You realize the Rose has the most powerful military right now but could be really fucked by any number of circumstances right?

Akio said:
You realize the Rose has the most powerful military right now but could be really fucked by any number of circumstances right?
If there isn't a higher percentage of failure than success, it's not a war led by Viserys.

If there isn't a higher percentage of failure than success, it's not a war led by Viserys.
lol but you think the rose will hand over command to Visery Heylon i'm pretty sure is a Kuriva supporter to, and if this goes wrong Visery will still find no allies in Lion or Sun

By Tyrell right? Sef will be in trouble... he probably has more impact on the others then his, former weak, brother

Akio said:
lol but you think the rose will hand over command to Visery Heylon i'm pretty sure is a Kuriva supporter to, and if this goes wrong Visery will still find no allies in Lion or Sun
I know :/

That's the problem. Too many capable men that might get in Viserys' way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back