• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Oh hi there reminder of just how terrifying Robert Baratheon is:

20140314160108532327c4ee0ec18054ca9b743691b16cd79ab6ac64e85.jpg

TheAncientCenturion said:
I'd honestly be more afraid of The Mountain.
I think beserker Robert (at his prime) can take down Gregor without dying himself, especially with that freaking hammer.

WanderingJester said:
I think beserker Robert (at his prime) can take down Gregor without dying himself, especially with that freaking hammer.
Oh yeah, Robert had enough skill and raw strength to make himself a fookin' legend. But going off just looking at the two in battle, Gregor is cleaving horses and men in half with ease. That'd frighten me more.

I'd be more scared of Robert because he was faster then Gregor and his weapon choice. A broad sword against armor may just deflect or even shatter but smack any place with a warhammer that most people probably need two hands what he swings like a pixie stick and he will shatter your bones

Oh yeah, Robert had enough skill and raw strength to make himself a fookin' legend. But going off just looking at the two in battle, Gregor is cleaving horses and men in half with ease. That'd frighten me more.
That's fair. If I was a knight or soldier and I see either coming in my direction in battle, I'll probably be highly tempted to head the other way.

I wonder how different things would have been had Robert went with Ned to the Tower of Joy along with those that already went with him. My first thought was that he would kill Jon on sight, but then again, if he is Lyanna's...

Alternate Universe time! (o'v'o)

When Rickard was being executed for supposed treason, news reached Brandon and Ned, both of whom were in King's Landing, Brandon convinced Ned that they need to remove Aerys II from the Iron Throne. Despite innumerable odds and the total loss of their retinue, the brothers managed to reach the throne room, only to be cut down by the Kingsguard. News of this reached Winterfell, where Benjen took up the mantel of Lord Stark and raised his forces. To the South, Robert rode immediately for Lyanna, as the execution, rather than take place after her abduction, took place near simuatiously as Rhaegar rode from the Capital, using her father's "treason" as a reason to capture her. Against all odd Robert and his retinue of Marcher Lords reached her before Rhaegar and his larger forces did, and while Robert's rage demanded satisfaction from Rhaegar's death for his best friend and his family's death, Lyanna persuaded him to withdraw before Rhaegar arrived.

Lord Hoster Tully immediately offered his daughter's, Catelyn, hand to Benjen, as he did to Eddark, to which Benjen, while still grieving over his brothers' death, accepted, knowing the alliance would be needed as the Reach just declared unilateral support for the Crownlands. Meanwhile Robert, despite Lyanna's pleads to remain on the defensive, gathers the full host of the Stormlands to march North against Rhaegar, intending to show Rhaegar House Baratheon's full fury. Lord Mace Tyrell, knowing that a good portion of the Stormlands is ripe for the taking, goes after Robert's flank, but under the advisement of his mother ceases after a few minor victories, and diverts his large force to support Rhaegar's instead. If, the rebel armies win there against the Iron Throne, she argued, then it will not be long before the combined three kingdoms turn their gaze to the Reach for its attacks on the Stormlands, and Reach would stand alone, likely against the Martells striking from the south as well. Thus the three armies met at the Kingswood, where Robert, under his older brother's, Stannis, advisement, used the trees to negate the Reach cavalry forces and forced nearly all to fight on foot.

The battle was long and brutal, with every Storm Knight's death equaled by a number of the Reach and Crownlands forces. Still, by sheer attrition, Robert was slowly being driven back. When only the core of his army remain, surrounded by Rhaegar, Mace and the combined forces, from the rear of the loyalist's forces came a messenger. King's Landing had fallen to the Starks and Tullys, Aerys II was dead and Ella, as well as the children she bore via Rhaegar captured, but unharmed. The messenger from the united forces to the North offered full mercies for the surrender of the Iron Throne, as well as disbanding of the armies here, as the rebel forces will arrive with reinforcements for Robert within the hour, and they can expect no help from Dorne. Knowing that the tide of the war had suddenly shifted in the rebel's favor, Rhaegar challenged Robert to single combat in order to decide the outcome of the entire war.

Robert accepted, and while the two circled each other in anticipation of the other's moves, Rhaegar made a comment about how Lyanna should have bore his children. This sent Robert into a rage, and with a single blow from his war hammer struck down Rhaegar near the shallows of Wendwater. News of Tywin Lannister's pledge to House Baratheon came a day later. Thus the rebellion was over, House Targaryen had fallen.

With Lyanna's temperance at his side, Robert became a good and well ruled king, forming House Baratheon of King's Landing. Under her reminders, he gave the Stormlands to Stannis, for his advisement and steadfastness by him during the rebellion. Together they bore many children, but the first of which was Jon Baratheon, followed by his brothers, Rickard, Brandon and Eddark. Benjen Stark, after bearing children of his own with Catelyn, became a faithful Hand to Robert, and together (of course with Lyanna nearly always at Robert's side) they raised the Seven Kingdoms out of the disrepair and poor condition that Aerys left it in. That was, until Petyr Baelish, in his jealousy and schemes to rise in power, killed both Robert and Benjen in series, ushering the young 16 years old Jon Baratheon on to the throne. The rest, as they say, is history.

Bonus quote!

"My father may have raised me to be a Baratheon, but my mother raised me as a Stark. My father and uncle's killers, they will know the fury that comes from ice." - King Jon I Baratheon.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
That's fair. If I was a knight or soldier and I see either coming in my direction in battle, I'll probably be highly tempted to head the other way.
I wonder how different things would have been had Robert went with Ned to the Tower of Joy along with those that already went with him. My first thought was that he would kill Jon on sight, but then again, if he is Lyanna's...

Alternate Universe time! (o'v'o)

When Rickard was being executed for supposed treason, news reached Brandon and Ned, both of whom were in King's Landing, Brandon convinced Ned that they need to remove Aerys II from the Iron Throne. Despite innumerable odds and the total loss of their retinue, the brothers managed to reach the throne room, only to be cut down by the Kingsguard. News of this reached Winterfell, where Benjen took up the mantel of Lord Stark and raised his forces. To the South, Robert rode immediately for Lyanna, as the execution, rather than take place after her abduction, took place near simuatiously as Rhaegar rode from the Capital, using her father's "treason" as a reason to capture her. Against all odd Robert and his retinue of Marcher Lords reached her before Rhaegar and his larger forces did, and while Robert's rage demanded satisfaction from Rhaegar's death for his best friend and his family's death, Lyanna persuaded him to withdraw before Rhaegar arrived.

Lord Hoster Tully immediately offered his daughter's, Catelyn, hand to Benjen, as he did to Eddark, to which Benjen, while still grieving over his brothers' death, accepted, knowing the alliance would be needed as the Reach just declared unilateral support for the Crownlands. Meanwhile Robert, despite Lyanna's pleads to remain on the defensive, gathers the full host of the Stormlands to march North against Rhaegar, intending to show Rhaegar House Baratheon's full fury. Lord Mace Tyrell, knowing that a good portion of the Stormlands is ripe for the taking, goes after Robert's flank, but under the advisement of his mother ceases after a few minor victories, and diverts his large force to support Rhaegar's instead. If, the rebel armies win there against the Iron Throne, she argued, then it will not be long before the combined three kingdoms turn their gaze to the Reach for its attacks on the Stormlands, and Reach would stand alone, likely against the Martells striking from the south as well. Thus the three armies met at the Kingswood, where Robert, under his older brother's, Stannis, advisement, used the trees to negate the Reach cavalry forces and forced nearly all to fight on foot.

The battle was long and brutal, with every Storm Knight's death equaled by a number of the Reach and Crownlands forces. Still, by sheer attrition, Robert was slowly being driven back. When only the core of his army remain, surrounded by Rhaegar, Mace and the combined forces, from the rear of the loyalist's forces came a messenger. King's Landing had fallen to the Starks and Tullys, Aerys II was dead and Ella, as well as the children she bore via Rhaegar captured, but unharmed. The messenger from the united forces to the North offered full mercies for the surrender of the Iron Throne, as well as disbanding of the armies here, as the rebel forces will arrive with reinforcements for Robert within the hour, and they can expect no help from Dorne. Knowing that the tide of the war had suddenly shifted in the rebel's favor, Rhaegar challenged Robert to single combat in order to decide the outcome of the entire war.

Robert accepted, and while the two circled each other in anticipation of the other's moves, Rhaegar made a comment about how Lyanna should have bore his children. This sent Robert into a rage, and with a single blow from his war hammer struck down Rhaegar near the shallows of Wendwater. News of Tywin Lannister's pledge to House Baratheon came a day later. Thus the rebellion was over, House Targaryen had fallen.

With Lyanna's temperance at his side, Robert became a good and well ruled king, forming House Baratheon of King's Landing. Under her reminders, he gave the Stormlands to Stannis, for his advisement and steadfastness by him during the rebellion. Together they bore many children, but the first of which was Jon Baratheon, followed by his brothers, Rickard, Brandon and Eddark. Benjen Stark, after bearing children of his own with Catelyn, became a faithful Hand to Robert, and together (of course with Lyanna nearly always at Robert's side) they raised the Seven Kingdoms out of the disrepair and poor condition that Aerys left it in. That was, until Petyr Baelish, in his jealousy and schemes to rise in power, killed both Robert and Benjen in series, ushering the young 16 years old Jon Baratheon on to the throne. The rest, as they say, is history.

Bonus quote!

"My father may have raised me to be a Baratheon, but my mother raised me as a Stark. My father and uncle's killers, they will know the fury that comes from ice." - King Jon I Baratheon.
Bravo, only missing BRAEVIRA!

Akio said:
Please do so and let Walder die of a heart attack, making everything go to hell xD
I want Walder to survive for a long term, and just see these young guys full of life die before him.

WanderingJester said:
To be fair, with House Tully's relations line, who isn't Walder's (extended) nephew?
The Dornish. I can promise you that.

I want Walder to survive for a long term, and just see these young guys full of life die before him.
The Dornish. I can promise you that.
Well, they don't count. That's like saying I'm not related to a snake or a dog, it just goes without saying :P

WanderingJester said:
Hey, at least I didn't toss Ella and her children to Gregor in my version of Robert's Rebellion, so there's that. :P
You know except you still killed her husband but fair enough lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back