• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Archon said:
W
Wasn't it 10-15lbs?

The Hound must be working out, he's catching up!
Nah it was always 5-10, but the image of the Hound just getting mad gains in the gym is fun, so we can go with that xD .

Leusis said:
From what I remember being told by @WanderingJester Martyn is very slightly stronger than Sandor and his agility and such is on par with Jaime. Thus why when we were discussing exactly how skilled Roland is with his swordplay we figured out Roland would need ridiculous skill to deal with that kind of physical specimen, as well as the fact Martyn is very skilled as well.
Yup (y)

Akio said:
he wouldn't really throw it, i think hes just drop it and kick it into his leg while trying to pull a Drogo level dodge to get close and see what happens, he can't win a fist fist fight if it came to that so he would need to get a knife past him if he got that close, a punch would do nothing to an armored guy not a kick to the balls, or at least not as much
Hmm hard to say, hes spent his time all his time basically on speed to make up his lack of stamina to end a fight as possible. He combined Dornes lightly armored style, with water dancer foot work and precision, and Khal Drogo speed. He might very well be faster because unlike Martyn most of his training were speed and precision considering he had to train with a spear to get past full plate to so as far as precision there are not many who are equal (Roland is likely one in at least precision due to his skill) Only problem is after keeping up this speed to long he'll start slowing down though its not to fast as far as teh decline
Fair enough, if Cayden somehow dodges a good number of Martyn's strikes in a fistfight, he might just get speared at the end. Hard to dodge something that large moving at you that quickly. Kind of why Brock Lesnar's that entertaining in the WWE I would imagine.

giphy.gif

Makes sense. Skill is only part of the fight, you're in trouble if your opponent has incredible strength, with speed more than a man of that strength ought to have. I'm sure roland could deflect Martyn's attacks for a while, and get a few good hits in, but he's going to falter and make a mistake sooner or later due to how fatiguing parrying blows of Martyn's strength would be. That one mistake is probably all Martyn would need.

Akio said:
he wouldn't really throw it, i think hes just drop it and kick it into his leg while trying to pull a Drogo level dodge to get close and see what happens, he can't win a fist fist fight if it came to that so he would need to get a knife past him if he got that close, a punch would do nothing to an armored guy not a kick to the balls, or at least not as much
Hmm hard to say, hes spent his time all his time basically on speed to make up his lack of stamina to end a fight as possible. He combined Dornes lightly armored style, with water dancer foot work and precision, and Khal Drogo speed. He might very well be faster because unlike Martyn most of his training were speed and precision considering he had to train with a spear to get past full plate to so as far as precision there are not many who are equal (Roland is likely one in at least precision due to his skill) Only problem is after keeping up this speed to long he'll start slowing down though its not to fast as far as teh decline
Hmm... Cayden's fast, Cayden's agile, but I really don't see how he'd have the agility of Drogo. Being a mercenary in Essos is one thing, but it doesn't hone your agility in such a way. That's for people like Daario/Drogo whose lives evolved around constant single combat to the death. It would take a Drogo-level dodge to avoid a top tier at all, and agility and athleticism are different; Drogo was far more agile than Oberyn.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty I'm pretty sure on foot Martyn and Roland are the two best fighters in Westeros (among PCs, I don't remember the name of that old kings guard but he seems to be just a better Roland and thus would kill Roland or Martyn)

Behind them I'd likely put Rory, Cayden, Trevir all of them roughly equal with each other, though I'd have to say Rory takes the cake out of them just because he has more experience and is apparently REALLY strong for his size.

Now, this is just Westeros PCs so I'm not taking into account the people in Essos, and Dolar isn't allowed in this top 5 list because hes just ridiculously hard to fight on the grounds that he wears super heavy army and could crush a mans skull with his hands.

Leusis said:
In all honesty I'm pretty sure on foot Martyn and Roland are the two best fighters in Westeros (among PCs, I don't remember the name of that old kings guard but he seems to be just a better Roland and thus would kill Roland or Martyn)
Behind them I'd likely put Rory, Cayden, Trevir all of them roughly equal with each other, though I'd have to say Rory takes the cake out of them just because he has more experience and is apparently REALLY strong for his size.

Now, this is just Westeros PCs so I'm not taking into account the people in Essos, and Dolar isn't allowed in this top 5 list because hes just ridiculously hard to fight on the grounds that he wears super heavy army and could crush a mans skull with his hands.
Rory's a wild card in any fight with a very skilled fighter. He's probably a tiny bit stronger than Martyn, if they're not basically even. But he has the in-battle bloodlust Robert had, which is good and bad. Maybe he'll be so aggressive that he'll slice Cayden to pieces before he can make distance.

Or Maybe Cayden dances just out of reach for a few minutes and skewers Rory at the nearest opening. Rory is only above-average in terms of skill, his speed is probably abut the same as Sandor. If anything, he's more like actual Sandor in combat. He'd certainly lose to Martyn, since he wouldn't be able to brute force his way to victory. Epic fight tho

WanderingJester said:
Nah it was always 5-10, but the image of the Hound just getting mad gains in the gym is fun, so we can go with that xD .
Yup (y)

Fair enough, if Cayden somehow dodges a good number of Martyn's strikes in a fistfight, he might just get speared at the end. Hard to dodge something that large moving at you that quickly. Kind of why Brock Lesnar's that entertaining in the WWE I would imagine.

giphy.gif
That is one problem when someones that big all he has to do is put his arms out and charge low and as far as a fight fight theres not much room to dodge and he could crush him grappling, a fist fight between him and Roland would be far more fair because their builds are not to different

Archon said:
Makes sense. Skill is only part of the fight, you're in trouble if your opponent has incredible strength, with speed more than a man of that strength ought to have. I'm sure roland could deflect Martyn's attacks for a while, and get a few good hits in, but he's going to falter and make a mistake sooner or later due to how fatiguing parrying blows of Martyn's strength would be. That one mistake is probably all Martyn would need.
Hmm... Cayden's fast, Cayden's agile, but I really don't see how he'd have the agility of Drogo. Being a mercenary in Essos is one thing, but it doesn't hone your agility in such a way. That's for people like Daario/Drogo whose lives evolved around constant single combat to the death. It would take a Drogo-level dodge to avoid a top tier at all, and agility and athleticism are different; Drogo was far more agile than Oberyn.
A lot of Caydens experience as far as dodging goes comes from two places, Braavos with the water dancers where he learned a big problem with his style so he needed to learn to dodge. Caydens then in his group was less of a commander and spent a lot of times warring all over Essos. He probably like Oberyn spent some time in the fighting pits of Marren to learn to test himself in single combat

Leusis said:

Without poison I'd probably put Cayden slightly lower then Rory partly because of his weapon choice, which will always be a problem but because of his pride he won't give it up. Hes good and fast as well as really precise but against a man in full plate its really hard to land a fatal wound so against someone equally skilled. Of course this is talking about on flat ground with no interference.

Roland vs Martyn or Rory to me would be a very interesting fight, simply because its a test to see if strength beats skill.

Leusis said:

The only thing I might switch up from your list is probably bumping Cayden below that tier and tie him with Albert Lannister. I'll also replace Cayden's place with Trevir's brother (who might or might not exist at this point). Everything else I agree with though.

Archon said:
Rory's a wild card in any fight with a very skilled fighter. He's probably a tiny bit stronger than Martyn, if they're not basically even. But he has the in-battle bloodlust Robert had, which is good and bad. Maybe he'll be so aggressive that he'll slice Cayden to pieces before he can make distance.
Or Maybe Cayden dances just out of reach for a few minutes and skewers Rory at the nearest opening. Rory is only above-average in terms of skill, his speed is probably abut the same as Sandor. If anything, he's more like actual Sandor in combat. He'd certainly lose to Martyn, since he wouldn't be able to brute force his way to victory. Epic fight tho
I just got an image in my head which is not so fun for House Lannister but fun for me and probably anyone else thinking about it: With all this talk about how certain people would match up, imagine Rory and Martyn going toe to toe with one another, then after like the third strike five Marcher Lords from the Stormland just spread out around Rory and stab Martyn to death while he's going one on one with Rory. Yeah, combat's unpredictable like that lol.

Akio said:
That is one problem when someones that big all he has to do is put his arms out and charge low and as far as a fight fight theres not much room to dodge and he could crush him grappling, a fist fight between him and Roland would be far more fair because their builds are not to different
A lot of Caydens experience as far as dodging goes comes from two places, Braavos with the water dancers where he learned a big problem with his style so he needed to learn to dodge. Caydens then in his group was less of a commander and spent a lot of times warring all over Essos. He probably like Oberyn spent some time in the fighting pits of Marren to learn to test himself in single combat

Without poison I'd probably put Cayden slightly lower then Rory partly because of his weapon choice, which will always be a problem but because of his pride he won't give it up. Hes good and fast as well as really precise but against a man in full plate its really hard to land a fatal wound so against someone equally skilled. Of course this is talking about on flat ground with no interference.
Yup, pretty much what I'm saying. Roland would probably have better technical skills to stand a better/even chance on the ground, but it would be hard if Martyn lands a blow while they are striking at one another. It's almost like someone hitting you with a metal blunt sword using both hands to swing it at that point.

WanderingJester said:
The only thing I might switch up from your list is probably bumping Cayden below that tier and tie him with Albert Lannister. I'll also replace Cayden's place with Trevir's brother (who might or might not exist at this point). Everything else I agree with though.
I just got an image in my head which is not so fun for House Lannister but fun for me and probably anyone else thinking about it: With all this talk about how certain people would match up, imagine Rory and Martyn going toe to toe with one another, then after like the third strike five Marcher Lords from the Stormland just spread out around Rory and stab Martyn to death while he's going one on one with Rory. Yeah, combat's unpredictable like that lol.

Yup, pretty much what I'm saying. Roland would probably have better technical skills to stand a better/even chance on the ground, but it would be hard if Martyn lands a blow while they are striking at one another. It's almost like someone hitting you with a metal blunt sword using both hands to swing it at that point.
That made me laugh a little more than it should have, since I pictured Rory just stopping and planting his sword in the ground as the Marcher Lords close in like the Nazgul do with Frodo.

With poison its probably fair to say Cayden has a decent chance just because how hard it is to avoid any kind of wound in a fight against someone with his skill, especially those who have bigger build. When hes using poison discounting their 5' theirs he would probably have an easier time fighting Martyen then Roland but without it he'd likely have a larger problem with Martyen.

Akio said:

Training in Braavs and the Fighting Pits for a few years still doesn't really match doing it all your life. At all, actually.

And if Cayden uses poison, he still likely dies. You can't say the weapon is a problem either, that is HIS weapon. It's not like he'd rank higher with a longsword. :P

Archon said:
Training in Braavs and the Fighting Pits for a few years still doesn't really match doing it all your life. At all, actually.
And if Cayden uses poison, he still likely dies. You can't say the weapon is a problem either, that is HIS weapon. It's not like he'd rank higher with a longsword. :P
Eh debatable, if he was as skilled with the long sword he wouldn't have so much of a problem against plate armor which most of our higher tier characters use. I still kind of want to make a Valyrian steel blade spear head with viserys silverware, if he had it plate would no longer be a huge problem for him and it would be interesting to see where he would reach but then against thats true for anyone with those kind of weapons

Archon said:
depends how long he can last after, there are poisons that act really fast but if its a last ditch effort hit all he would do is kill his killer i agree that far

Archon said:
That made me laugh a little more than it should have, since I pictured Rory just stopping and planting his sword in the ground as the Marcher Lords close in like the Nazgul do with Frodo.
Tbh I thought more about what happened to Asher/Rodrik (depending on who you choose to live) in Telltale's Game of Thrones. I wouldn't think Martyn's as helpless as a single hobbit even as he fights to the death against a few Marcher Lords xD . Glad you enjoyed the image as much as I did though lol.

Akio said:
With poison its probably fair to say Cayden has a decent chance just because how hard it is to avoid any kind of wound in a fight against someone with his skill, especially those who have bigger build. When hes using poison discounting their 5' theirs he would probably have an easier time fighting Martyen then Roland but without it he'd likely have a larger problem with Martyen.
Ah, but you see, you discounted one factor in that estimation: Lannister Gold. I wouldn't put it past Tiber to hire some random Dornishman who specialized in poison to give Martyn the antidote after the fight, unless Cayden uses something like what Oberyn used for Gregor. Like Archon said though, either way I don't see Cayden walking out of that fight alive *shrug*

WanderingJester said:
Tbh I thought more about what happened to Asher/Rodrik (depending on who you choose to live) in Telltale's Game of Thrones. I wouldn't think Martyn's as helpless as a single hobbit even as he fights to the death against a few Marcher Lords xD . Glad you enjoyed the image as much as I did though lol.
Ah, but you see, you discounted one factor in that estimation: Lannister Gold. I wouldn't put it past Tiber to hire some random Dornishman who specialized in poison to give Martyn the antidote after the fight, unless Cayden uses something like what Oberyn used for Gregor. Like Archon said though, either way I don't see Cayden walking out of that fight alive *shrug*
Depends on the poison, some of the poisons are not known to have much of a cure like manticore venom where even maesters were baffled about how to cure it. Considering where he was most of his poisons are from Essos and maybe some from Yi Ti. He wouldn't hesitate to use his strongest stuff on someone like the lannister golden boys of warfare. What he might use though is a quicker but less lethal poison like a hallucinogen to make them lose their edge in battle

Akio said:
Eh debatable, if he was as skilled with the long sword he wouldn't have so much of a problem against plate armor which most of our higher tier characters use. I still kind of want to make a Valyrian steel blade spear head with viserys silverware, if he had it plate would no longer be a huge problem for him and it would be interesting to see where he would reach but then against thats true for anyone with those kind of weapons
depends how long he can last after, there are poisons that act really fast but if its a last ditch effort hit all he would do is kill his killer i agree that far
But Cayden isn't that skilled with a longsword. So he can't rank higher. It's also not the spears fault either, since his entire style revolves around a spear. You get an OP valyrian spear?

I'm doing it. I'm making a mercenary who travels to the tournament for glory, Arakh and drogo agility etc... I'm also going to give him a valyrian steel arakh.

TAKE THAT PLATEMAIL!

WanderingJester said:
Yeah but, Rory's sword and all the Marcher Lord's swords would set on fire. Martyn would just be petrified by our new Azor Ahai.

Archon said:
But Cayden isn't that skilled with a longsword. So he can't rank higher. It's also not the spears fault either, since his entire style revolves around a spear. You get an OP valyrian spear?
I'm doing it. I'm making a mercenary who travels to the tournament for glory, Arakh and drogo agility etc... I'm also going to give him a valyrian steel arakh.

TAKE THAT PLATEMAIL!

Yeah but, Rory's sword and all the Marcher Lord's swords would set on fire. Martyn would just be petrified by our new Azor Ahai.
I said i wish, their is a chance for him to make one but the mental and physical rp geneastics make my brain hurt and thats if a lot of things line up

Akio said:
I said i wish, their is a chance for him to make one but the mental and physical rp geneastics make my brain hurt and thats if a lot of things line up
It'd also be totally unfair, since it'd essentially be a spear which could cut - not pierce - armor like butter.

Akio said:
Depends on the poison, some of the poisons are not known to have much of a cure like manticore venom where even maesters were baffled about how to cure it. Considering where he was most of his poisons are from Essos and maybe some from Yi Ti. He wouldn't hesitate to use his strongest stuff on someone like the lannister golden boys of warfare. What he might use though is a quicker but less lethal poison like a hallucinogen to make them lose their edge in battle
Eh, we'll have to see. If Cayden's standing and fighting Martyn it would probably mean that the advantage is vastly favoring one side on the battlefield, so all these talks could be irrelevant at this point. My bias belief is that Martyn can probably kill Cayden before even the quickest poison can really affect him, so the best Cayden can hope for is to bring the Mountain Lion down with him, but you know, obviously you would disagree with that so *shrug*

Archon said:

TAKE THAT PLATEMAIL!

Ah, you see, but the flaming sword would do one of two things in that situation, if not both: Melt through the ice of the frozen Narrow Sea that they're fighting on, and/or attract a Kraken from beneath the depths to interfere and nom nom everyone with grabby tentacles. So I guess the real winner are the japanese anime artists for depicting that scene in manga. :P

Archon said:
It'd also be totally unfair, since it'd essentially be a spear which could cut - not pierce - armor like butter.
Nagito has a katanna that makes plate into so much paper weights xD Granted hes the only one thus far. Besides the chances of me getting everything i need to give dorne a real legendary weapon is hard and probably involves convincing Viserys to give up his silverware somehow or getting another Valyrian steel weapon and melt it down, then getting dragon bone, then finding a smith to work the metal. Not easy and not quick, if i did make it, it would probably be sometime in the future

WanderingJester said:
Eh, we'll have to see. If Cayden's standing and fighting Martyn it would probably mean that the advantage is vastly favoring one side on the battlefield, so all these talks could be irrelevant at this point. My bias belief is that Martyn can probably kill Cayden before even the quickest poison can really affect him, so the best Cayden can hope for is to bring the Mountain Lion down with him, but you know, obviously you would disagree with that so *shrug*
Ah, you see, but the flaming sword would do one of two things in that situation, if not both: Melt through the ice of the frozen Narrow Sea that they're fighting on, and/or attract a Kraken from beneath the depths to interfere and nom nom everyone with grabby tentacles. So I guess the real winner are the japanese anime artists for depicting that scene in manga. :P
I'm not sure, depends on the poison really. The strangler killed stannis Maester is a matter of seconds but its unlikely it works the same way slather over a spear so we'll see

WanderingJester said:
Hah, the Lord of Light has contingency plans for such things! Whilst the grabby-grabby oversized squid is busy trying to nom nom nom everyone, the white walkers will fire the Giant-Harpoon-Nuke from atop the wall to riddle the octopus with stabby-stabby oversized harpoons!

Akio said:
Nagito has a katanna that makes plate into so much paper weights xD Granted hes the only one thus far. Besides the chances of me getting everything i need to give dorne a real legendary weapon is hard and probably involves convincing Viserys to give up his silverware somehow or getting another Valyrian steel weapon and melt it down, then getting dragon bone, then finding a smith to work the metal. Not easy and not quick, if i did make it, it would probably be sometime in the future
Nagito is a temporary character. He's basically an extra life for Daenna. Cayden's a main character, it'd be unfair. Future or not. :P

Nobody else has V-steel unless it's canon to the character.

Archon said:
Hah, the Lord of Light has contingency plans for such things! Whilst the grabby-grabby oversized squid is busy trying to nom nom nom everyone, the white walkers will fire the Giant-Harpoon-Nuke from atop the wall to riddle the octopus with stabby-stabby oversized harpoons!
Nagito is a temporary character. He's basically an extra life for Daenna. Cayden's a main character, it'd be unfair. Future or not. :P

Nobody else has V-steel unless it's canon to the character.
If he steals a weapon it wont matter, Tywin did the same thing and I know Tiber is looking for one ((though god knows if he'll ever get it)) as for the silverware our Admins, mainly centurion will decide when if ever he wants to hand it out, if he doesnt things get hard and in order to ever make one it would involve killing and luck

Not to mention you think if Daenna extra life died someone wont pick up his weapons and etheir use them or make shit out of them they want, Valyrian steal is rare. Same for anyone. Game of thrones isnt exactly fair, nor will our character positions likely be fair all the time. We only start fair to keep us even from an unfair advantage and growth has to be realistic

Akio said:
Not to mention you think if Daenna extra life died someone wont pick up his weapons and etheir use them or make shit out of them they want, Valyrian steal is rare
Yeah, not a PC though. We agreed nobody was allowed V-Steel aaaages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back