• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
No, hes also despises anyone who adds noncombatants into combat, like cutting down a fleeing villager
But you just said "No blow is unfair" just because the blow was not directly to him doesn't make it any less a blow.

Hypnos said:
But you just said "No blow is unfair" just because the blow was not directly to him doesn't make it any less a blow.
But those who don't fight have nothing to do with battle, if that farmer runs away with his wife and child you will likely never see them again so theres no point in striking them down and doing so is unnecessary cruelty. As for his steed thats more of a personal thing then general moral. Though in general he does not like hurting animals

WanderingJester said:
And as the nasty Dornish Prince attacks the couple, a certain white haired Kingsguard with vertical slit eyes appeared and kills the brute in battle. Despite multiple cuts by the poisonious weapon, he doesn't seem to be affected at all after downing what looked like a flask of whiteish liquid.
Oh no, its the White Wolf, Geralt of Rivia!

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
But those who don't fight have nothing to do with battle, if that farmer runs away with his wife and child you will likely never see them again so theres no point in striking them down and doing so is unnecessary cruelty. As for his steed thats more of a personal thing then general moral. Though in general he does not like hurting animals
But killing the farmers would make Cayden sad, which would distract him from fighting, which would weaken him, having a direct affect of the fighting, making it necessary to win. No blow is unfair.

Hypnos said:
But killing the farmers would make Cayden sad, which would distract him from fighting, which would weaken him, having a direct affect of the fighting, making it necessary to win. No blow is unfair.
You can do it, its more likely to get him angry and when Cayden gets angry, truly angry in a fight he doesn't get loud and yell. Instead he gets cold and lethal

Maybe I'll make someone like Daario and just shoehorn him in Westeros, Arakh and all.

Then when he starts dashing around, owning knights like nothing with ridiculous speed and Drogo skill, Roland will just waltz over and knock him on his ass.

Archon said:
Maybe I'll make someone like Daario and just shoehorn him in Westeros, Arakh and all.
Then when he starts dashing around, owning knights like nothing with ridiculous speed and Drogo skill, Roland will just waltz over and knock him on his ass.
Arakhs do little against armour.

Lancelot said:
Arakhs do little against armour.
Obviously. But this is a tournament, wooden swords do little against armor too. As ineffective as an Arakh is, any non-dothraki would use it properly. Such as using greater mobility and speed to dance around a knight - or if skilled enough, just dash in, do some Drogo Matrix Moves, and knock the heavy plate guy on his backside with either a pretty solid strike to the back of the leg.

An Arakh would do well enough in single combat if used right. But the guy using it needs room to move around.

Archon said:
Obviously. But this is a tournament, wooden swords do little against armor too. As ineffective as an Arakh is, any non-dothraki would use it properly. Such as using greater mobility and speed to dance around a knight - or if skilled enough, just dash in, do some Drogo Matrix Moves, and knock the heavy plate guy on his backside with either a pretty solid strike to the back of the leg.
An Arakh would do well enough in single combat if used right. But the guy using it needs room to move around.
Part of this is actually Caydens fighting style, just using a spear instead

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Part of this is actually Caydens fighting style, just using a spear instead
Well, cool but Arakh's are designed for mobility. Those things are insanely fast, and are very graceful. The average knight probably couldn't even parry a skilled Arakh user too well. A spear is the opposite, they're simple and effective. Best used at range, Arakhs need to be right up in the opponents face.

Unless you meant the dancing around the heavy armored dude part. I assumed that was apart of Cayden's fighting style due to Oberyn/Mountain.

Archon said:
Well, cool but Arakh's are designed for mobility. Those things are insanely fast, and are very graceful. The average knight probably couldn't even parry a skilled Arakh user too well. A spear is the opposite, they're simple and effective. Best used at range, Arakhs need to be right up in the opponents face.
Unless you meant the dancing around the heavy armored dude part. I assumed that was apart of Cayden's fighting style due to Oberyn/Mountain.
Cayden uses the shaft of his spear as a blunt object in close quarters if the guy gets there or dances around them a lot like Oberyn did only a bit different if his opponent is actually quick. He's also not afraid to actually use his body in his attacks. A few do in westeros but no many, maybe its just seed as a lot blow i dont know

Yeah, but using the shaft of the spear to hit an opponent is going to be much slower than someone flailing an Arakh about. Roland will have already hit Cayden before he can use the shaft as a blunt weapon, most likely. He'd probably make a joke out of slower knights though.

I don't think punch or a shove would do much better, aside from making Cayden look like a bit of an idiot before he hits the ground. I mean, using fisticuffs furing a duel is also more suited to a hyper-aggressive weapon like the Arakh. Still suits even a longsword more than a spear though.

Archon said:
Yeah, but using the shaft of the spear to hit an opponent is going to be much slower than someone flailing an Arakh about. Roland will have already hit Cayden before he can use the shaft as a blunt weapon, most likely. He'd probably make a joke out of slower knights though.
I don't think punch or a shove would do much better, aside from making Cayden look like a bit of an idiot before he hits the ground. I mean, using fisticuffs furing a duel is also more suited to a hyper-aggressive weapon like the Arakh. Still suits even a longsword more than a spear though.
Obviously not a push, a shove will rarely make a trained knight fall down but hes fond of targeting ones balance on their feet with his own or the shaft of the spear especially when one is already moving kind of like Bronn did to Vardis only faster and more brutal. Nor is he punching armor because all that would do is hurt him. Also with the shaft of the spear it depends on the type of blow and is most useful for blocking then following up with a blow. Also Cayden has a tendency to use knives sometimes.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, using the shaft as a weapon and targeting the opponent's balance is a great idea, and would likely put most people down quick due to how unexpected, and fast it would be. (Same reason a skilled Arakh user could probably defeat most knights in single vombat, as long as they don't be a dothraki and try to get throough the armor)

All I'm saying is against a faster, and more skilled fighter, whether it's a Dothraki Khal, Trevrir Arryn or Roland, Cayden would be down the moment the faster more skilled opponent gets inside his reach. Well, logically anyway. In the RP he'll get away with it for dat drama and epicness.

Archon said:
I'm not saying it wouldn't work, using the shaft as a weapon and targeting the opponent's balance is a great idea, and would likely put most people down quick due to how unexpected, and fast it would be. (Same reason a skilled Arakh user could probably defeat most knights in single vombat, as long as they don't be a dothraki and try to get throough the armor)
All I'm saying is against a faster, and more skilled fighter, whether it's a Dothraki Khal, Trevrir Arryn or Roland, Cayden would be down the moment the faster more skilled opponent gets inside his reach. Well, logically anyway. In the RP he'll get away with it for dat drama and epicness.
Depends how clever he is, that close in you'd only have time for one blow and if he manages to get away with it he'd probably be fine. You don't become as good as he is with a spear without knowing how to deal with the really fast guys who get in your range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back