• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Whilst I'm waiting I think I'll update the Siege of Astapor, call it a few weeks

Also, @TheAncientCenturion you should decide the result of the siege. Do the Good Masters surrender? Or does New Ghis lose future power by engaging the city in an assault, which costs a lot of Unsullied, and a lot of Legions.

I feel like Martyn is going to be super depressed watching the free-for-all melee with Roland, Cayden, and hopefully Rory and Trevir

He'll be missing out on what will be easily the most stacked melee anybody has likely seen in a decade if not more.

You got Roland with his insane swordsmanship.

You got Cayden with his agility based spear techniques and likely some fancy flips or something to show off for the ladies who can actually stand dornish scum.

You got Rory running around throwing smaller knights around like hes a mini mountain with more skill.

And you got Trevir, essentially a quicker but less experienced and skilled Roland when it comes to fighting on foot.

The joust on the other hand.... All hes missing out on is getting unhorsed by Trevir just like everybody else.

Archon said:
Whilst I'm waiting I think I'll update the Siege of Astapor, call it a few weeks
Also, @TheAncientCenturion you should decide the result of the siege. Do the Good Masters surrender? Or does New Ghis lose future power by engaging the city in an assault, which costs a lot of Unsullied, and a lot of Legions.
Wait. You posted a siege on Astapor?!

I like how @JustWhipIt 's lack of post have made Braedon a broody teenager, and now it's like a brood off between Rory and Braedon on who would be the more moody stag xD .

Lancelot said:
You will be busy with the Reach don't worry
You keep assuming your man will win the Kingsmoot lol, so unless you think Siegfred can sack the Rock with just his personal fleet (a land based fortress btw), along with the remaining homeguard at the Westerlands or he hatches the egg, I'm really not that concerned about it tbh. *shrug*

Leusis said:
I feel like Martyn is going to be super depressed watching the free-for-all melee with Roland, Cayden, and hopefully Rory and Trevir
He'll be missing out on what will be easily the most stacked melee anybody has likely seen in a decade if not more.

You got Roland with his insane swordsmanship.

You got Cayden with his agility based spear techniques and likely some fancy flips or something to show off for the ladies who can actually stand dornish scum.

You got Rory running around throwing smaller knights around like hes a mini mountain with more skill.

And you got Trevir, essentially a quicker but less experienced and skilled Roland when it comes to fighting on foot.

The joust on the other hand.... All hes missing out on is getting unhorsed by Trevir just like everybody else.
Nah, he'll be busy making sure none of the drunk people/rowdy fans stab any highborns. The Mountain Lion's cool as a cucumber :P

WanderingJester said:
I like how @JustWhipIt 's lack of post have made Braedon a broody teenager, and now it's like a brood off between Rory and Braedon on who would be the more moody stag xD .
You keep assuming your man will win the Kingsmoot lol, so unless you think Siegfred can sack the Rock with just his personal fleet (a land based fortress btw), along with the remaining homeguard at the Westerlands or he hatches the egg, I'm really not that concerned about it tbh. *shrug*

Nah, he'll be busy making sure none of the drunk people/rowdy fans stab any highborns. The Mountain Lion's cool as a cucumber :P
Of course I assume Siegfried will win!

SIEGFRIED KING! SIEGFRIED KING!

TheAncientCenturion said:
Wait. You posted a siege on Astapor?!
It was my first post as New Ghis, it involved the set up of the siege and the terms for Astapor's surrender. :P

Archon said:
If the realm is still splintered he'd still hold Dragonstone, there needs to be a stable realm for him to be stripped of it as his title. Whereas Rory marching into the Stormlands with a Lannister armor and taking Storm's end whilst Braedon is stuck sieging King's Landing would make the majority of the Stormlands switch sides, since it lawfully is Rory's, and he isn't quite as unloved as Stannis.
That's also why I precisely said he'd usurp it. Loyalty won't help if Rory just decides to cloak and dagger Baelor's captains with a bunch of Rory Baratheon soldiers.

Also inherent from Stannis, is his sense of justice. So if Baelor takes the fleet away entirely, and then Rory becomes LP. Well... Baelor better hope his castle has strong walls.
The Stormlands certainly wouldn't switch sides, charisma is a very large part of Baedon's character and whilst Rory may claim to have Roberts strength, Braedon is the one who inspires the loyalty Robert did. You don't become the Stag of the People for brooding around in Dragonstone for your entire life, law matters little, the Stormlands still fought for Renly over Stannis despite the laws because they knew him and he inspired loyalty. I doubt very many would turn if any at all.

Rory can't cloak and dagger Baelor's captains. Whose he going to replace them with? Baelor's men? Rory has neither the funding nor the manpower to sustain the fleet and with Baelor it would quickly fall to ruin, it's not just the captains you have to remove its the men inside as well since they've also served in the fleet for years and how you're going to do this without Baelor noticing is a mystery to me.

I'm also confused as to why you think Tiber would aid Rory, Rory upon betraying Braedon would be in a terrible position and the only thing to his name would be his fleet which Tiber could cut out the middle man go straight to its head to obtain, Rory offers no advantage and as we've discussed, Tiber works for Tiber: Rory can give him nothing.

I'm gonna start typing up my post of Roland preparing for the free-for-all melee (assuming thats the melee that will come first) and I think hes going to dress up as a mystery knight.... Everybody loves a mystery knight.

Lancelot said:
Of course I assume Siegfried will win!
SIEGFRIED KING! SIEGFRIED KING!
Yup, sure he is. ( ;) )

Leusis said:
I'm gonna start typing up my post of Roland preparing for the free-for-all melee (assuming thats the melee that will come first) and I think hes going to dress up as a mystery knight.... Everybody loves a mystery knight.
You mean like the Suntear Knight?

WanderingJester said:
Yup, sure he is. ( ;) )
You mean like the Suntear Knight?
Reasons Why Siegfried is the King Of Salt and Rock the Iron Born needs!

1. The Mad Connects: With the large family of Harlaw, Siegfried has connections with many of the other houses.
  2. Power: Harlaw are pretty much number 2 on the islands and have been gaining on the Greyjoys over the years, Harlaw is much richer in resources and they have some sweet ass forts.
  3. The Old Way: Siegfried is one of the largest believers in the Old Way and the Drowned God.
  4. Reaving: Siegfried is a legendary Reaver, people fear and respect him, and the women love him ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancelot said:
Reasons Why Siegfried is the King Of Salt and Rock the Iron Born needs!

1. The Mad Connects: With the large family of Harlaw, Siegfried has connections with many of the other houses.
  2. Power: Harlaw are pretty much number 2 on the islands and have been gaining on the Greyjoys over the years, Harlaw is much richer in resources and they have some sweet as forts.
  3. The Old Way: Siegfried is one of the largest believers in the Old Way and the Drowned God.
  4. Reaving: Siegfried is a legendary Reaver, people fear and respect him, and the women love him ;) .
Codd for Seastone Chair.

Archon said:
It was my first post as New Ghis, it involved the set up of the siege and the terms for Astapor's surrender. :P
I thought the first post was your character talking with other Ghiscari officials. . .

Hypnos said:
The Stormlands certainly wouldn't switch sides, charisma is a very large part of Baedon's character and whilst Rory may claim to have Roberts strength, Braedon is the one who inspires the loyalty Robert did. You don't become the Stag of the People for brooding around in Dragonstone for your entire life, law matters little, the Stormlands still fought for Renly over Stannis despite the laws because they knew him and he inspired loyalty. I doubt very many would turn if any at all.
Rory can't cloak and dagger Baelor's captains. Whose he going to replace them with? Baelor's men? Rory has neither the funding nor the manpower to sustain the fleet and with Baelor it would quickly fall to ruin, it's not just the captains you have to remove its the men inside as well since they've also served in the fleet for years and how you're going to do this without Baelor noticing is a mystery to me.

I'm also confused as to why you think Tiber would aid Rory, Rory upon betraying Braedon would be in a terrible position and the only thing to his name would be his fleet which Tiber could cut out the middle man go straight to its head to obtain, Rory offers no advantage and as we've discussed, Tiber works for Tiber: Rory can give him nothing.
Yet the moment Renly dropped dead the whole of the Stormlands flocked to Stannis without a second thought, and Stannis was A) A follower of a foreign God B) Inspired NO love, and NO loyalty. And C) If Rory was to enter the Stormlands, Braedon would be at King's Landing. Renly was charismatic, he'd have been a good king I imagine. And the PEOPLE would love him. Nobles are not commonfolk, the majority do whatever suits them best in the moment, that would be siding with Rory. Law matters little if the rightful heir has no army to enforce a claim. It's very different if they're backed by a strong army.

Rory could cloak and dagger the Fleet IF he became LP. By that point he'd be reaping a good deal of the income and remaining manpower of the Stormlands. I beg to differ about the men inside these ships, they probably couldn't care less about some Lord they've never met regardless of how long they served in his fleet. Provided the common sailor is fed, given fair pay, an fair hours, they probably wouldn't blink twice about a mass mutiny of sorts. I also never claimed Baelor wouldn't notice, obviously he'd notice.

I'm also talking about IF Tiber aided Rory, there are a number of valid reasons as to why a Lord Paramount would wish to instill someone else as a Lord Paramount. The debt that such a thing carries is phenomenal, and considering Baelor is sworn to Rory, Tiber would have no notion to go straight to him.

I thought the first post was your character talking with other Ghiscari officials. . .
It was, that was the first part of it...

Archon said:
Yet the moment Renly dropped dead the whole of the Stormlands flocked to Stannis without a second thought, and Stannis was A) A follower of a foreign God B) Inspired NO love, and NO loyalty. And C) If Rory was to enter the Stormlands, Braedon would be at King's Landing. Renly was charismatic, he'd have been a good king I imagine. And the PEOPLE would love him. Nobles are not commonfolk, the majority do whatever suits them best in the moment, that would be siding with Rory. Law matters little if the rightful heir has no army to enforce a claim. It's very different if they're backed by a strong army.
Rory could cloak and dagger the Fleet IF he became LP. By that point he'd be reaping a good deal of the income and remaining manpower of the Stormlands. I beg to differ about the men inside these ships, they probably couldn't care less about some Lord they've never met regardless of how long they served in his fleet. Provided the common sailor is fed, given fair pay, an fair hours, they probably wouldn't blink twice about a mass mutiny of sorts. I also never claimed Baelor wouldn't notice, obviously he'd notice.

I'm also talking about IF Tiber aided Rory, there are a number of valid reasons as to why a Lord Paramount would wish to instill someone else as a Lord Paramount. The debt that such a thing carries is phenomenal, and considering Baelor is sworn to Rory, Tiber would have no notion to go straight to him.

I read a lot! I also work, sometimes! Do you know what page in the Essos tab it was in, so I can reread it before the next Ghiscari post comes out? I can't seem to find it.

Hypnos said:
Codd for Seastone Chair.
Lancelot said:
Make the Iron Isles Great Again! Siegfried 2016!
Ah but you see, in order for the Kingsmoot to even occur, Haelga needs to return to the Iron Isles, and since she's pretty much frozen in time... (>>)

Also, Codd for Seastone Chair.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Ah but you see, in order for the Kingsmoot to even occur, Haelga needs to return to the Iron Isles, and since she's pretty much frozen in time... (>>)
Also, Codd for Seastone Chair.
If she misses it then its her fault.

B

I read a lot! I also work, sometimes! Do you know what page in the Essos tab it was in, so I can reread it before the next Ghiscari post comes out? I can't seem to find it.
Bottom of page 12, Good Ser!

Archon said:

Renly inspired the love of the people and the nobility alike and Robert had a n uncanny ability to turn foe to friend, something I'm sure Braedon could do too as long as that foe isn't a long lost brother. As long as Braedon lives then he will have support, he may not be there at the exact moment but the Storm Lords aren't idiots, they're not going to lose sight of him and completely forget he exists, they will continue on to fight in his name. The Stormlords followed Stannis because they had no other choice, they were already risen in rebellion and couldn't turn to the crown and their chosen King was dead, since Braedon would still be alive just besieging King's Landing, where Rory should be as well they would remain loyal.

As for the fleet I was under the impression he would be doing this before he gets LP, though it would still be extremely hard even with the strength of the Stormlands, you mention them not caring for Baelor but they certainly would. I've mentioned it in my post before but Baelor pays the men of his fleet a lot more than they are worth and a lot more than many others can afford, he's had them build up a taste for the finer things in life and since Rory won't be able to match that price without bankrupting the Stormlands, I doubt the sailors will appreciate taking a massive pay cut from a man who just killed their friends and commanders.

Tibet already has a Baratheon he hardly needs another, Rory offers no more than Astris does and since Astris is within his own castle if he needs a new LP for the Stormlands she's the obvious pick.

To keep typing pointless shit that doesn't matter in this post or to just let it be short? Choices, choices.

Lancelot said:
If she misses it then its her fault.
Well, I guess we'll just have to find out what goes down at the Kingsmoot then don't we? if it ever happens...

Hypnos said:
Renly inspired the love of the people and the nobility alike and Robert had a n uncanny ability to turn foe to friend, something I'm sure Braedon could do too as long as that foe isn't a long lost brother. As long as Braedon lives then he will have support, he may not be there at the exact moment but the Storm Lords aren't idiots, they're not going to lose sight of him and completely forget he exists, they will continue on to fight in his name. The Stormlords followed Stannis because they had no other choice, they were already risen in rebellion and couldn't turn to the crown and their chosen King was dead, since Braedon would still be alive just besieging King's Landing, where Rory should be as well they would remain loyal.
As for the fleet I was under the impression he would be doing this before he gets LP, though it would still be extremely hard even with the strength of the Stormlands, you mention them not caring for Baelor but they certainly would. I've mentioned it in my post before but Baelor pays the men of his fleet a lot more than they are worth and a lot more than many others can afford, he's had them build up a taste for the finer things in life and since Rory won't be able to match that price without bankrupting the Stormlands, I doubt the sailors will appreciate taking a massive pay cut from a man who just killed their friends and commanders.

Tibet already has a Baratheon he hardly needs another, Rory offers no more than Astris does and since Astris is within his own castle if he needs a new LP for the Stormlands she's the obvious pick.
Technically, House Lannister's only hosting Astris. No political manipulations there. No sirree...

WanderingJester said:
Well, I guess we'll just have to find out what goes down at the Kingsmoot then don't we? if it ever happens...

Technically, House Lannister's only hosting Astris. No political manipulations there. No sirree...
It was mostly a joke lol I don't mind waiting.

WanderingJester said:

And Caydens only friends with his horse, no, I definitely believe you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back