• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
Cayden is around the same actual skill level as Roland, it's his equipment that gets him against fully armored Knights (at least till I find a way to make a Valyrian Steel Spear
I think Cayden would have the edge, but I don't think it would be as large as Rolands, especially if Cayden used a Spear.

Archon said:
Whose stronger between Rory and Martyn?
Or, whose stronger, Prime Robert or Sandor? That's actually an interesting question.
Like, physical strength wise? And really? Rory's prime Robert strength? Didn't know that :|

Akio said:
Cayden is around the same actual skill level as Roland, it's his equipment that gets him against fully armored Knights (at least till I find a way to make a Valyrian Steel Spear
I really don't think that's the case. Roland's a combo of Selmy and Bronn. That's a lot of skill right there.

Lancelot said:
I think Cayden would have the edge, but I don't think it would be as large as Rolands, especially if Cayden used a Spear.
Probably not, though Cayden unlike Roland won't fight fairly

WanderingJester said:
Like, physical strength wise? And really? Rory's prime Robert strength? Didn't know that :|
I really don't think that's the case. Roland's a combo of Selmy and Bronn. That's a lot of skill right there.
Caydens probably a mixture of Bronn and Oberyn at least in fighting style. Oberyns spear techniques (though a lot of it is different sometimes) and Bronns tactics. If they both fought without plate armor it would probably be about even but Cayden uses a spear and Roland uses plate

WanderingJester said:
Rory's close to Prime Robert strength, Martyn's a little above Sandor; Rory's a little below Robert.

He always has been lol

Akio said:
Caydens probably a mixture of Bronn and Oberyn at least in fighting style. Oberyns spear techniques (though a lot of it is different sometimes) and Bronns tactics. If they both fought without plate armor it would probably be about even but Cayden uses a spear and Roland uses plate
Yeah, but Selmy's on a different level. Idk, not saying Cayden doesn't have skill, just might not matched with what Roland's going on *shrug*

Archon said:
Rory's close to Prime Robert strength, Martyn's a little above Sandor; Rory's a little below Robert.
He always has been lol
I seem to recall we talked about that and Rory's something like like. Huh, okay then.

Akio said:
Cayden will also be using a blunt spear, I would take a blunt sword any day to be honest.

Cayden vs Roland really boils down to Oberyn vs Barristan.

That's a fight Barristan wins 9/10. Even to the death with poison, Barristan still takes it 7/10 due to raw skill, and the ability to deflect any of Oberyn's attacks.

Lancelot said:
Cayden will also be using a blunt spear, I would take a blunt sword any day to be honest.
He'd probably just use it as a staff

Archon said:
Cayden vs Roland really boils down to Oberyn vs Barristan.
That's a fight Barristan wins 9/10. Even to the death with poison, Barristan still takes it 7/10 due to raw skill, and the ability to deflect any of Oberyn's attacks.
Only reason I'm using Oberyn as my skill base because there's no better spear fighter in a song of ice and fire lol, if there was ID probably use it

Akio said:
He'd probably just use it as a staff
Only reason I'm using Oberyn as my skill base because there's no better spear fighter in a song of ice and fire lol, if there was ID probably use it
The problem isn't that Oberyn isn't skilled enough. The problem is the weapon. A spear simply isn't as versatile as a longsword, and will never be ideal in single combat against anyone who isn't the Mountain. Once that reach advantage is taking away, the fight's over. And people like Jaime, Arthur, and Barristan would have very little trouble getting close to even a more skilled version of Oberyn.

Archon said:
The problem isn't that Oberyn isn't skilled enough. The problem is the weapon. A spear simply isn't as versatile as a longsword, and will never be ideal in single combat against anyone who isn't the Mountain. Once that reach advantage is taking away, the fight's over. And people like Jaime, Arthur, and Barristan would have very little trouble getting close to even a more skilled version of Oberyn.
It also helped Oberyn that Gregor was a "Wild dog without a tactical thought in his brain" and a violent man known to have black rages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archon said:
One of my problems with Oberyns entire fighting style is he only used the tip of his weapon except once when he got behind the mountain and bit him with the full shaft across the back to set him off balance and trying to block a sword blow that cut his spear in half, he could have used his spear in so many other ways

Akio said:
One of my problems with Oberyns entire fighting style is he only used the tip of his weapon except once when he got behind the mountain and bit him with the full shaft across the back to set him off balance and trying to block a sword blow that cut his spear in half, he could have used his spear in so many other ways
He was trying to keep as safe as possible probably, the Mountain easily broke through his spear so I don't think he would risk it.

Lancelot said:
He was trying to keep as safe as possible probably, the Mountain easily broke through his spear so I don't think he would risk it.
Cayden wouldn't try to block one of those heavy as blows directly etheir but he might have tried to deflect it, knock the mountain further off balance but knocking his blows to the side would have made things easier

Akio said:
Cayden wouldn't try to block one of those heavy as blows directly etheir but he might have tried to deflect it, knock the mountain further off balance but knocking his blows to the side would have made things easier
Knocking the mountains blows to the side is easier said than done lmao, I doubt Oberyn would have been able to.

Utilizing a spear like a staff is hardly going to help against the Big Three.

And Roland, in this case. Once any top tier fighter gets inside a spearman's range, the fight's over. Cayden wouldn't have time to start using the weapon like a staff, and even if he did; it wouldn't do much against a top tier.

It'd be effective against people of perhaps Bronn's caliber. But Roland is on a whole other level.

Lancelot said:
Knocking the mountains blows to the side is easier said than done lmao, I doubt Oberyn would have been able to.
Mountains a big guy but if Oberyn hit the side of his sword to the left then side stepped to the right to hit at his back while the mountains swing was set off he could have managed

Archon said:
Utilizing a spear like a staff is hardly going to help against the Big Three.
And Roland, in this case. Once any top tier fighter gets inside a spearman's range, the fight's over. Cayden wouldn't have time to start using the weapon like a staff, and even if he did; it wouldn't do much against a top tier.

It'd be effective against people of perhaps Bronn's caliber. But Roland is on a whole other level.
We'll probably have to see most likely, I'm not good at explaining how I would fight outside of rp itself without knowing what Roland could do

Last edited by a moderator:
Or rather how Roland fights, in the group melee Cayden will likely get a good chance to observe how he fights and make a plan

Akio said:
Mountains a big guy but if Oberyn hit the side of his sword to the left then side stepped to the right to hit at his back while the mountains swing was set off he could have managed
We'll probably have to see most likely, I'm not good at explaining how I would fight outside of rp itself without knowing what Roland could do
Sorry but I doubt that, the dude crushed his skull with his hands, I don't think there was much he could to to stop the Mountain when he was swinging his Greatsword.

William Thorne, Titus Bracken, Rowan Tarly...

THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!!!

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

WanderingJester said:
If you don't mind your guy being a bit older...
truegrit2010.jpg
I almost used that picture for another character I never ended up making but it wouldn't work timeline wise considering the age of his father and sister who were already established.

You know I probably need to post Cayden arriving at the wedding. I'm also debating if he'll tell Tiber who is right away or just revel it to everyone during the melee because you know he actually wears a helmet

Akio said:
You know I probably need to post Cayden arriving at the wedding. I'm also debating if he'll tell Tiber who is right away or just revel it to everyone during the melee because you know he actually wears a helmet
When Cayden takes his helmet off to reveal himself after the melee someone better fling shit at his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back