• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Hypnos said:
...Not if it's burnt at harbour it won't, you guys have no confidence.
I'm pretty sure half of the Redwyne Fleet (at least) is still stationed around the Shield Islands to provide defenses for the rebuilding as well as the Mander while the Islands are not 100%, and so even if the ploy succeeds right at this moment it's not exactly the annihilation of the Arbor's naval power, even if it would decrease it dramatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Just saying they'll need help most likely or a really good plan
Don't worry, Aemonds gem eye is enchanted with fire magic he can use it to burn the whole fleet.

WanderingJester said:
I'm pretty sure half of the Redwyne Fleet (at least) is still stationed around the Shield Islands to provide defenses for the rebuilding as well as the Mander while the Islands are not 100%, and so even if the ploy succeeds right at this moment it's not exactly the annihilation of the Arbor's naval power, even if it would decrease it dramatically.
I think thats were you come in Lord Lannister.

WanderingJester said:
It doesn't need to be annihilated, merely weakened enough so that the Velaryon fleet is the strongest naval power in Westeros at the time, meaning almost assured victory in any naval campaign with minimum losses and an increased importance of house Velaryon, raising the price paid by any house they join in the war.

Akio said:
Just saying they'll need help most likely or a really good plan
The plan works perfectly, if the Pirates succeed then the Redwyne fleet is destroyed and the Velaryon's become the primary naval power in Westeros, if the Pirates fail then the Redwyne fleet destroys them which eliminates them as a threat in the future and it fulfills Baelor's duty as Master of Ships since he got rid of the Pirates that raided Rosby. It's a win win situation and as long as Aemond keeps his wits about him the Pirates will have no ties to the Velaryon's and no one has to know what happened.

Plus I think you're forgetting a certain asset that may be at the disposal of the former best friend of the mad King, a certain asset that does wonders in burning ships as a certain dwarf found out.

Hypnos said:
It doesn't need to be annihilated, merely weakened enough so that the Velaryon fleet is the strongest naval power in Westeros at the time, meaning almost assured victory in any naval campaign with minimum losses and an increased importance of house Velaryon, raising the price paid by any house they join in the war.
The plan works perfectly, if the Pirates succeed then the Redwyne fleet is destroyed and the Velaryon's become the primary naval power in Westeros, if the Pirates fail then the Redwyne fleet destroys them which eliminates them as a threat in the future and it fulfills Baelor's duty as Master of Ships since he got rid of the Pirates that raided Rosby. It's a win win situation and as long as Aemond keeps his wits about him the Pirates will have no ties to the Velaryon's and no one has to know what happened.

Plus I think your forgetting a certain asset that may be at the disposal of the former best friend of the mad King, a certain asset that does wonders in burning ships as a certain dwarf found out.
Yup, that's what I thought you were going for. Mhmm.

giphy.gif

Lancelot said:
I think thats were you come in Lord Lannister.
159.gif

Plus when a massive chunk of his fleet is destroyed Lord Redwyne may have little choice but to turn to someone else for funding, especially since the Lannisters are out of the picture in that regard an incredibly rich brother in law with access to some of the best shipwrights in the continent prehaps.

Also reminder that the other Kingsguard in the show was supposed to be Ser Gerold Hightower, The White Bull and Lord Commander of the Kingsguard...

Hypnos said:
Keep all discussion of season six behind tags please.
I don't see how the Tower of Joy could be considered a spoiler.

Basically all fans know about it and it was in the very first book.

Hmm... this brings up something I like to think about and conclude from time to time (with the same conclusion for myself):

Fight between the White Bull at his prime against the Mountain that Rides. I think Hightower would win, even if he's not quite as strong as Gregor.

WanderingJester said:
Hmm... this brings up something I like to think about and conclude from time to time (with the same conclusion for myself):
Fight between the White Bull at his prime against the Mountain that Rides. I think Hightower would win, even if he's not quite as strong as Gregor.
I think it would be a very close fight although I don't think I would be able to decide on the winner.

I think the reason Oberyn did so well was because his fighting style and how strange it would have been for the Mountain.

Lancelot said:
I don't see how the Tower of Joy could be considered a spoiler.
Basically all fans know about it and it was in the very first book.
It wasn't, that was a preemptive warning and a reminder just in case that led to other topics.

So the Redwyne fleet is getting torched too?

Nice. Great war. Much Balance.

I also think Gregor would beat Gerold easily. TGerold may have more skill but he's a brute fighter like Gregor. Yet gregor beats everyone in the brute department, Oberyn was fast, and had a weapon which utilized range.

I don't even think Dayne could beat the Mountain. A longsword is just a terrible choice to fight someone of Gregor's size, strength,and brutality.

Archon said:
So the Redwyne fleet is getting torched too?
Nice. Great war. Much Balance.

I also think Gregor would beat Gerold easily. TGerold may have more skill but he's a brute fighter like Gregor. Yet gregor beats everyone in the brute department, Oberyn was fast, and had a weapon which utilized range.

I don't even think Dayne could beat the Mountain. A longsword is just a terrible choice to fight someone of Gregor's size, strength,and brutality.
Hopefully all the fleets get burned.

The Iron Isle NEED something going for them.

Lancelot said:
Yeah, I mean. They're pretty much stuck in time right now, so just having things happen to the Iron Isle would be a good start I suppose.

Lancelot said:
Yeah, let's take the last thing the Reach had going for them. It seems they're going to lose this war, regardless of canon strength. Not that I'm complaining at this point. What happens, happens.

Archon said:
Yeah, let's take the last thing the Reach had going for them. It seems they're going to lose this war, regardless of canon strength. Not that I'm complaining at this point. What happens, happens.
I am pretty sure the largest army in Westeros is a pretty big thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back