• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Yeah I kind of specifically stayed away from talking about the Reach because in all honesty other than Hightower and Tarly they all kinda suck. They just kind of swarm their enemies and win with sheer numbers. As for the North/Riverlands, meh, I guess I could agree that they're about even in strength. Mostly because I agree that we didn't really get to see them at full potential as Robb used them horribly during the war. Also I'm not talking about tactics and such when I'm talking about who has the best fighters, I'm just talking about each individual mans ability to kill, and the Ironborn have that in spades, though they are small and terrible when it comes to strategy. But yeah put 10 average Ironborn against 10 average Riverlanders and I'd put money on the Ironborn.

The vale vs Riverlands I still wanna say the Vale would edge out a win if it was based on a pure, straight forward grinding fight. Mostly because yes, they may sit in their mountains all the time, but their mountains are also filled with hill tribesmen that they fight every other week. It just makes it seem like their soldiers would be more battle hardened though hill tribes aren't really the toughest enemies most likely for a knight in platemail.

And when I was naming regions that were stronger than Riverlands I didn't mean for it to seem like I was massively underestimating the Riverlands. Just that I believed those regions would edge out a victory over the Riverlands if the forces were fighting with equal numbers. But now I'd probably say Reach, Crownlands, Dorne would lose to them. North, Iron Islands are even with them. Westerlands, Stormlands would beat them. Vale is now stuck between even with them and slightly better than them and I can't make up my mind.

Leusis said:
Yeah I kind of specifically stayed away from talking about the Reach because in all honesty other than Hightower and Tarly they all kinda suck. They just kind of swarm their enemies and win with sheer numbers. As for the North/Riverlands, meh, I guess I could agree that they're about even in strength. Mostly because I agree that we didn't really get to see them at full potential as Robb used them horribly during the war. Also I'm not talking about tactics and such when I'm talking about who has the best fighters, I'm just talking about each individual mans ability to kill, and the Ironborn have that in spades, though they are small and terrible when it comes to strategy. But yeah put 10 average Ironborn against 10 average Riverlanders and I'd put money on the Ironborn.
The vale vs Riverlands I still wanna say the Vale would edge out a win if it was based on a pure, straight forward grinding fight. Mostly because yes, they may sit in their mountains all the time, but their mountains are also filled with hill tribesmen that they fight every other week. It just makes it seem like their soldiers would be more battle hardened though hill tribes aren't really the toughest enemies most likely for a knight in platemail.

And when I was naming regions that were stronger than Riverlands I didn't mean for it to seem like I was massively underestimating the Riverlands. Just that I believed those regions would edge out a victory over the Riverlands if the forces were fighting with equal numbers. But now I'd probably say Reach, Crownlands, Dorne would lose to them. North, Iron Islands are even with them. Westerlands, Stormlands would beat them. Vale is now stuck between even with them and slightly better than them and I can't make up my mind.
The problem is that we're both thinking about this in differant ways, if we're talking about a basic 10 v 10 arena scenario then the Ironborn are definitely going to win (Their weakness lies in the fact that they have low numbers yet act as if they can just throw more men into a fight and act incredibly recklessly)

The Vale may have the Mountain clans to fight but the Riverlands have each other, the Riverlands is the bloodiest region in Westeros and its not just forgein invaders that are trying to kill the Riverlords its the Riverlords themselves (Bracken v Blackwood, Frey v Reed, Whent v the curse of Harrenhal)

I'm not trying to say the Riverlands are the strongest region because they're nowhere near, but I would at least put them on the mid point and say they're avarage.

Yeah, thats what I've come to agree with, they're somewhere around the middle when it comes to strength. But yeah this whole time i've been going at this as if maybe a hundred men from two regions just charged each other and starting fighting. I was just going off of pure combat ability of soliders and their equipment, not a battle with well thought out strategy. But yeah, the only places I'll say are for sure stronger than the Riverlands when not taking into account leadership are the Westerlands, Stormlands and maybe the vale, I'm kind of just swaying back and forth at this point as to if the Vale is slightly stronger or equal to them.

But Riverlands don't really need to worry about the Stormlands because they outnumber them by 15,000 lol. Doesn't matter if you have the best fighters if everybody except the Crownlands, Dorne, and Iron Islands outnumber you by 15,000 or more.

Lancelot said:
I'd say the strongest in the Reach other than Tyrell is High tower, Redwyne and Florent.
Tarly has the strongest men, Redwyne the strongest fleet, Hightower the most men and Florents have the strongest claim to the Gardeners (The Rowans are also pretty powerful but they're like a lesser combo of the Hightowers and Tarlys) so they each have their own thing going, thats why Tyrell rule is unstable because all of their vassals are better than them.

Lancelot said:
Also The Knights of the River land are renown for being badasses aren't they?
Well Aegor Rivers did grow up to found the golden company so...

Hypnos said:
Tarly has the strongest men, Redwyne the strongest fleet, Hightower the most men and Florents have the strongest claim to the Gardeners (The Rowans are also pretty powerful but they're like a lesser combo of the Hightowers and Tarlys) so they each have their own thing going, thats why Tyrell rule is unstable because all of their vassals are better than them.
Well Aegor Rivers did grow up to found the golden company so...
Aegor Rivers sure is a cool dude.

Are sellsword companies going to be active in this RP?

And if so are they exclusive to Essos?

Lancelot said:
Are sellsword companies going to be active in this RP?
And if so are they exclusive to Essos?
There are sellsword companies running around in places and no they're not exclusively in Essos, Tiber Lannister had been hiring some to work for him I believe, and since war seems to be looming a lot of people would currently be hiring.

Hypnos said:
There are sellsword companies running around in places and no they're not exclusively in Essos, Tiber Lannister had been hiring some to work for him I believe, and since war seems to be looming a lot of people would currently be hiring.
Thank you.

I'd like to ask if it's possible for me to flesh out the banner families within the Reach for a storyline that I intend to put my Tyrell Lord through. Specifically, the Hightowers, the Redwynes, the Florents and the Rowans.

And on that note, regarding the Tyrells, I'd say that despite the superior strength of the Hightowers, the Redwynes and the Tarlys, one thing that the Tyrells have that edges out the other houses would be a huge dose of cunning and political acumen. That's pretty much how they became one of the Great Houses despite the other houses having a better claim to control over the Reach. And how they got to where they are currently within ASoIaF.

HuorSpinks said:
I'd like to ask if it's possible for me to flesh out the banner families within the Reach for a storyline that I intend to put my Tyrell Lord through. Specifically, the Hightowers, the Redwynes, the Florents and the Rowans.
And on that note, regarding the Tyrells, I'd say that despite the superior strength of the Hightowers, the Redwynes and the Tarlys, one thing that the Tyrells have that edges out the other houses would be a huge dose of cunning and political acumen. That's pretty much how they became one of the Great Houses despite the other houses having a better claim to control over the Reach. And how they got to where they are currently within ASoIaF.
I am currently making the Hightowers as we speak as well as some Florents.

In that case, I'll concentrate on the Redwynes and the Rowans. And the Fossoways. Simply because I like their name.

Last edited by a moderator:
HuorSpinks said:
I'd wait for @TheAncientCenturion 's input but I think you should leave the Redwyne's undeveloped for the moment, they're actually a very popular family and I think it'd be better if we left them for someone to take up as full time characters (I know for one House Redwyne is one of my backups and I almost took Lord Redwyne when I though Kuvira was going to murder Walder) they're also very powerful and it would be nice if we had an actual player fill their role.

@Lancelot wants the Hightowers so it'd be good if you didn't mess with them either.

Florent on the other hand isn't likely to get picked up and whilst I have a soft spot for House Rowan I don't see anyone taking them up either so I suppose you could flesh them out as long as it's done properly.

As for cunning we'll have to see, they've got by so far on the Targ's coat tails but now they're falling it will depends on what your vassals do and what Arren does whether the Tyrells remain in power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypnos said:
I'd wait for @TheAncientCenturion 's input but I think you should leave the Redwyne's undeveloped for the moment, they're actually a very popular family and I think it'd be better if we left them for someone to take up as full time characters (I know for one House Redwyne is one of my backups and I almost took Lord Redwyne when I though Kuvira was going to murder Walder) they're also very powerful and it would be nice if we had an actual player fill their role.
@Lancelot wants the Hightowers so it'd be good if you didn't mess with them either.

Florent on the other hand isn't likely to get picked up and whilst I have a soft spot for House Rowan I don't see anyone taking them up either so I suppose you could flesh them out as long as it's done properly.

As for cunning we'll have to see, they've got by so far on the Targ's coat tails but now they're falling it will depends on what your vassals do and what Arren does whether the Tyrells remain in power.
I'm kind of already controlling the Redwynes though, at least for the Shield Islands Battle, as I volunteered for that in the original thread. Lancelot is doing the Florents too.

Guess I'll put that storyline on hold then, and see what the others come up with first.

HuorSpinks said:
I'm kind of already controlling the Redwynes though, at least for the Shield Islands Battle, as I volunteered for that in the original thread. Lancelot is doing the Florents too.
Guess I'll put that storyline on hold then, and see what the others come up with first.
But for the shield thing you don't need to go into much character development, nor expand upon the family as it seemed like you planned to do with your story.

HuorSpinks said:
In that case, I'll wait for someone to take them up then.
Again this is up to @TheAncientCenturion to decide, I'm just offering opinion on the matter because the Reach Houses are some of the most interesting in Westeros and it would be a shame if they all filled up so quickly.

Hypnos said:
Again this is up to @TheAncientCenturion to decide, I'm just offering opinion on the matter because the Reach Houses are some of the most interesting in Westeros and it would be a shame if they all filled up so quickly.
I will just be making Florents that will be closely involved with my Hightowers so they will still be technically open, just starting with a strong ally.

Lancelot said:
I will just be making Florents that will be closely involved with my Hightowers so they will still be technically open, just starting with a strong ally.
Will you be making Lord Florent or just Florents that married into the family?

strong ally, you're literally the strongest non LP House, I don't think you'll need it.

Hypnos said:
Will you be making Lord Florent or just Florents that married into the family?
strong ally, you're literally the strongest non LP House, I don't think you'll need it.
Just Florents married to Hightowers, also I won't be making a full CS for them (Unless I have to.)

Lancelot said:
Just Florents married to Hightowers, also I won't be making a full CS for them (Unless I have to.)
No its fine, I just want to keep as many Houses open as possible for new players, I also think we might (Me included) need to stop establishing so many NPC Lords to avoid another situation like Lord Redwyne where he ends up as two different people.

Hypnos said:
No its fine, I just want to keep as many Houses open as possible for new players, I also think we might (Me included) need to stop establishing so many NPC Lords to avoid another situation like Lord Redwyne where he ends up as two different people.
He was the same person. It's just that I didn't realise that he already had a name when I named him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back