• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Leusis said:
Well if you think all the other great houses have full support of their vassal you're wrong.
Reach has always had problems with their vassals.

Westerlands only has vassal support because they fear Tiber due to what he did to two rebelling houses.

Stormlands have always just been ridiculously loyal until a Baratheon isn't leading them anymore.

North of course has the most loyal houses

Riverlands has always had the same problem as the Reach.

Vale are a bunch of super honorable men so of course they're loyal to the people they swear oaths to.

Iron Islands is going to have a kings moot so more than likely that will create lots of factions.

Trust me, Dorne is not the only region with loyalty problems, you're just being dramatic because you aren't getting 100% loyal vassals who'll drink your piss if you ask.
And remember, there's been no marching orders given to the host gathering between the Rock and Lannisport, only drills, training and a state of readiness. If a house just goes "nah I'll pass on bringing troops to join my lord" they may very well find the full gathered host under Tiber outside of their seat.

Akio said:
I love how everyone else has the full support of their houses and apparently Dorne doesn't but anyway. Dornish houses are as loyal to their overlords as anyone else. The Bolton's didn't like the starks but they marched with him
Your assuming they would lose first off and the Stony Dornish raided the Reach and Stormlands for generations and would love to do so again. Besides I'm not suggesting he pull all 30000 out of Dorne immediately, Cayden wouldn't leave his home defenseless ethier. He's not saying fight the rest of the seven kingdoms on open battle, they will wait for a good opportunity, Daenna will be in Essos so they have no reason to hurry out. They'll take their time and do things as things become possible
The Riverlands is probably the most chaotic region in terms of disloyal vassals and I have mentioned before that they have been pretty much on the verge of conflict for sometime, Walder Tully is the only thing that keeps them all together as he maintains a strong relation with all his vassals (Something he is able to do since he doesn't actually do much of the governing of the Riverlands which is mostly handled by his wife behind the scenes) and that when he dies there will probably be more than a few skirmishes and allegiance changes (Well at least House Bracken and Blackwood will try and tear each other apart and Frey might have a go at the Crannogmen)

Disloyal vassals is something you have to put up with, not all NPC will just follow blindly since it is quite clear that if they were PCs they definitely wouldn't, we have to treat NPC houses as if there was actually someone controlling them and in some cases those people wouldn't want to follow one of the relatives of their ruler who has been missing for four years into a war for a teenage girl most of them have never met from the dynasty that screwed them over thousands of times.

Hypnos said:
The Riverlands is probably the most chaotic region in terms of disloyal vassals and I have mentioned before that they have been pretty much on the verge of conflict for sometime, Walder Tully is the only thing that keeps them all together as he maintains a strong relation with all his vassals (Something he is able to do since he doesn't actually do much of the governing of the Riverlands which is mostly handled by his wife behind the scenes) and that when he dies there will probably be more than a few skirmishes and allegiance changes (Well at least House Bracken and Blackwood will try and tear each other apart and Frey might have a go at the Crannogmen)
Disloyal vassals is something you have to put up with, not all NPC will just follow blindly since it is quite clear that if they were PCs they definitely wouldn't, we have to treat NPC houses as if there was actually someone controlling them and in some cases those people wouldn't want to follow one of the relatives of their ruler who has been missing for four years into a war for a teenage girl most of them have never met from the dynasty that screwed them over thousands of times.
He's not gonna lead house Martell, Wolfe is back. If dorne does to war on any side its under Ella

And who else would they follow? Kuriva is also Targayen, and the hate Bartheons more then anyone but the Reach

Akio said:
He's not gonna lead house Martell, Wolfe is back. If dorne does to war on any side its under Ella
And Elia might not follow Daenna, in fact if she is smart she probably wont as she'd be at the time the only noble House supporting her and has one of the lowest troop counts in Westeros.

Akio said:
And who else would they follow? Kuriva is also Targayen, and the hate Bartheons more then anyone but the Reach
Kuvira has support from other places, she would be a far better choice than Daenna, Breadon is a possibility if he could offer them the whole of Dorne if he wins which is looking pretty likely right now and people like the Yronwoods (Who have lusted after Dorne for a long time) might be able to put aggression behind them if it meant not being crushed in a useless war and gaining Dorne. Viserys is a strong contender as well and I think the most likely since Yronwood sided with the Blackfyres during the first Blackfyre rebellion and may just do so again.

Hypnos said:
And Elia might not follow Daenna, in fact if she is smart she probably wont as she'd be at the time the only noble House supporting her and has one of the lowest troop counts in Westeros.
Kuvira has support from other places, she would be a far better choice than Daenna, Breadon is a possibility if he could offer them the whole of Dorne if he wins which is looking pretty likely right now and people like the Yronwoods (Who have lusted after Dorne for a long time) might be able to put aggression behind them if it meant not being crushed in a useless war and gaining Dorne. Viserys is a strong contender as well and I think the most likely since Yronwood sided with the Blackfyres during the first Blackfyre rebellion and may just do so again.
Kuriva might have been a good choice if she wasn't insane. Then again if she wasn't insane this was would have never been a problem. Viserys was exiled for a reason

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Kuriva might have been a good choice if she wasn't insane. Then again if she wasn't insane this was would have never been a problem. Viserys was exiled for a reason
People don't know Kuviras insane though, thus far the only thing she has publicly done that suggests anything of the sort is keep the Lords of the eight noble houses temporarily locked up in the Red Keep which could easily be explained since they did have a meeting and discussed several issues. Kuvira has been a pretty normal queen thus far.

Hypnos said:
People don't know Kuviras insane though, thus far the only thing she has publicly done that suggests anything of the sort is keep the Lords of the eight noble houses temporarily locked up in the Red Keep which could easily be explained since they did have a meeting and discussed several issues. Kuvira has been a pretty normal queen thus far.
Maybe not insane per say, but it definitely was a bad political move that didn't win her many allies and supporters... :|

WanderingJester said:
Maybe not insane per say, but it definitely was a bad political move that didn't win her many allies and supporters... :|
Sane people have made bad political moves in the past, a single bad decision does not make one a bad ruler, nor does it make them insane.

Hypnos said:
Sane people have made bad political moves in the past, a single bad decision does not make one a bad ruler, nor does it make them insane.
You're right, but a single bad decision have made many rulers dead. The good, bad, and the insane. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit. Kuvira is going to the wedding? I suddenly feel like Viserys shouldn't attend. @Robyn Banks

@Akio

Self-exiled with some "advice" from Vladan, who saw Viserys as a future problem if he stayed in the Seven Kingdoms. I suppose he'd have a reputation to people who bothered to learn it, not many people threaten a High Septon, but he's probably faded into a bit of obscurity until he declared himself the rightful king.

JustWhipIt said:
Oh, look at you guys lounging around. Y'all need a post to spice things up, don't you?
Now just wait till I get home.
Alright you craven, I challenge you to a duel atop The Wall.

In my next post.

The public opinion of Kuvira is that she's probably a novice ruler, I doubt they'd leap to the assumption she's insane (though some clever or worrysome people might suspect it). Most Targaryen's, unless they're Aeron's or Aerys', aren't called mad until after their deaths. Usually the madness isn't always full blown "fuck, blow this shit up". They can and some do fight against it. Dany, one could argue, has the potential to be unstable with her inner musings on the situation of Meereen in ADWD.

Akio said:
But it did start a war, one she's very responsible for
Nope, the war had little to do with Kuvira really: Her father Maeryn started the whole thing by executing Lord Osmund Baratheon and then he was murdered. Breaden was present at Kuvira's coronation though they didn't speak, and that is when Kuvira was nearly assassinated by a woman bearing the arms of House Wylde of the Stormlands, Breaden didn't bother to explain himself or declare himself innocent and simply ran away (Which to be fair was mostly Tiber's fault since they were standing around singing and then Tiber told him to get out of there(Though then again that might have saved his life)) making him seem fairly guilty. Breaden started raising him men (Which really he intended to do before the coronation if I remember correctly) and Kuvira held a council talking peacefully about the prospects of war, she even allowed Lord Tully to leave when he apposed her and didn't execute him on the spot (Praise the seven)

If anything the war is Mearyn and Breadens fault, not Kuvira's.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
I have been trying to type up a post, but vacation and all. Plus another RP is getting particularly demanding at the moment
Completely understandable, I was traveling myself and just got home. When do you think you'll be back from vacation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back