• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Rhosvyn said:
Haggas is Scottish, I don't know if the Irish eat it.
Scotland has a large Whiskey and Fishing industry, I don't know enough about the economy to tell you much about it.

I don't know anything about Ireland really except from my mothers family.

Also Scotland joined the UK through a union of the crowns unlike Ireland who joined through getting their asses kicked, and they aren't even a whole country.
I thought whiskey was Irish. I mean. . All the good whiskies are, to my knowledge.

So the Scots basically sold their freedom to the bloody thirsty Brits? Whereas the Irish resisted. .

TheAncientCenturion said:
I thought whiskey was Irish. I mean. . All the good whiskies are, to my knowledge.
So the Scots basically sold their freedom to the bloody thirsty Brits? Whereas the Irish resisted. .
Well the English needed a king because ours kept dying so we borrowed the Scottish one.

Even though the union of the crown was under a Scottish King?

Hypnos said:
Well the English needed a king because ours kept dying so we borrowed the Scottish one.
Rhosvyn said:
Even though the union of the crown was under a Scottish King?
I did not know that. . Which dynasty did it start/end? So it was kinda like how the Swedish asked for a French monarch to come over to them?

Also if you want to talk about resisting.

Who resisted the Romans?

Who resisted the Danes?

Who resisted the English?

Scotland did.

Rhosvyn said:
Also if you want to talk about resisting.
Who resisted the Romans?

Who resisted the Danes?

Who resisted the English?

Scotland did.
Oh, don't worry. I know all about the first one. Fucking Picts. Don't know when to lie down and die.

I did not know that. . Which dynasty did it start/end? So it was kinda like how the Swedish asked for a French monarch to come over to them?
It was King James Stuart VI of Scotland and I of England

Rhosvyn said:
It was King James Stuart VI of Scotland and I of England
Or James I of England, he inherited the throne from Elizabeth I Tudor because he was the closest in the line of succession after she died without children.

@Jabroni Arren actually has three brothers, they were just left open and unnamed by the Houses former player (RIP Fordee) in case anyone else wanted to take them up, he also has two sisters.

Hypnos said:
@Jabroni Arren actually has three brothers, they were just left open and unnamed by the Houses former player (RIP Fordee) in case anyone else wanted to take them up, he also has two sisters.
Oh yea, I remember now from the overview. Looks like the seed is strong!

Lancelot said:
@Hypnos
How far back is Kings Landing time wise?

Would Aemond receive the letter soon?
King's Landing is still fairly far back since I'm pretty sure Daenna only recently left for Essos, I would assume the letter would be sent to the Pentoshi magister that Aemond intended to visit, since you can't send Ravens directly to people, and he'd give it to him.

Rhosvyn said:
Haggas is Scottish, I don't know if the Irish eat it.
Scotland has a large Whiskey and Fishing industry, I don't know enough about the economy to tell you much about it.

I don't know anything about Ireland really except from my mothers family.

Also Scotland joined the UK through a union of the crowns unlike Ireland who joined through getting their asses kicked, and they aren't even a whole country.
To be fair in the end the Irish became independent (except northern Ireland) from the UK while the Scottish refused to gain their independence even when the UK was going to let them do it democratically. The Irish resisted for hundreds of years despite losing all the time and still ended up independent in the end because they refused to be ruled over. You can say the Irish got beat plenty of times but you can't say they didn't try a lot harder than Scotland.

But that's just my opinion due to my Irish heritage and the fact I know a decent amount of their history.

Hypnos said:
TIL the Cornish have their own language and only 300 people speak it.
I mean England is the best country anyway so really it's a blessing.
Did I hear someone mention the best country?
USA

USA

USA!
Did someone say something?

tumblr_m6m1u7OIeS1qmpnt6.jpg

The Scots have fine scotch, which I'm quite fond of. They also know how to appreciate a good breeze between their knees as well. They have my respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back