• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
I figured at that point he'll be busy trying to rape Daenna, which means he would be relatively close to Nagito and death itself *shrug*
That would come after, he wouldn't rape her in the street of Pentos even if he was an ass and he defiantly wouldn't do so before the guards are dead

Leusis said:
I'm just saying if you think the majority of those mercenaries are going to fight in Westeros for anything short of a large fortune you're out of your mind.
Also Dorne is definitely not 3rd richest. That would go to the Crownlands or Riverlands most likely. 5th maybe.
Riverlands grows a lot of food but so the Tyrells. The crown lands has like one big port city. Most of the southern trade of Essos flows threw Dorne and Oldtown including special Items from Quarth or farther by placment usually come to them. As far as money goes they have a lot going for them

I doubt the Lannisters are offering castle worth of fortunes to fight in Westeros to strangers but he would pay quite a bit to keep their loyalty and he plans to order Dallen to actually expand the Red Spear when he's gone. He's ready to pay quite the pretty penny to keep them

Akio said:
That would come after, he wouldn't rape her in the street of Pentos even if he was an ass and he defiantly wouldn't do so before the guards are dead
Riverlands grows a lot of food but so the Tyrells. The crown lands has like one big port city. Most of the southern trade of Essos flows threw Dorne and Oldtown including special Items from Quarth or farther by placment usually come to them. As far as money goes they have a lot going for them

I doubt the Lannisters are offering castle worth of fortunes to fight in Westeros to strangers but he would pay quite a bit to keep their loyalty and he plans to order Dallen to actually expand the Red Spear when he's gone. He's ready to pay quite the pretty penny to keep them
Meh, guess we'll never really know then. *shrug*

Also, considering Tiber gave Roland Wilds Fair Isle, what do you think is the message he's sending to other sellsword companies in regards to their pay?

You say Crownlands only have one large port. I assume you mean Kings Landing. But you're forgetting the Velaryon family is rich af because of their trade with places all over essos. You're saying Planky Town (only large port in Dorne) can out trade both Kings Landing and Driftmark? I think not. Also the Riverlands is the only place that comes close to producing anywhere near as much food as the Reach and the Reach and Riverlands BOTH get very wealthy off of it because none of the other regions can really sustain themselves effectively.

WanderingJester said:
Meh, guess we'll never really know then. *shrug*
Also, considering Tiber gave Roland Wilds Fair Isle, what do you think is the message he's sending to other sellsword companies in regards to their pay?
If Daenna were to win the war their territories would expand a lot. I know he already planned to knight Dallen and Gerarrd at some point and give them holdings

You're assuming these mercenaries actually want to be knights and settle down and such. The only reason Roland's knights are cool with it is because thats what they've been trying to do for generations, just like how the Golden Company wants to go back to Westeros.

Your mercenary company has no real reason to want most of the things you're offering other than the money.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Oh, they will. .
Wait for it, usurpers. The Black Dragon flies still!
I have no idea what you're referring to: are you saying the GC will return to Westeros or that Cayden's mercenaries will have a reason other than money to sail over and fight for him?

WanderingJester said:
I have no idea what you're referring to: are you saying the GC will return to Westeros or that Cayden's mercenaries will have a reason other than money to sail over and fight for him?
The Golden Company is gonna rape the Stormlands.

Leusis said:
@WanderingJester
Oh yeah, Roland expects that payment thats double the size of his normal rate to be given to him before the Westerlands marches to war.
You mean he didn't get it already? I assumed a servant off screen gave the payment to him/his men before they sailed over to Fair Isle to make themselves at home thing. You wanted an onscreen payment?

The Golden Company is gonna rape the Stormlands.
This will be fun xD

Leusis said:
You say Crownlands only have one large port. I assume you mean Kings Landing. But you're forgetting the Velaryon family is rich af because of their trade with places all over essos. You're saying Planky Town (only large port in Dorne) can out trade both Kings Landing and Driftmark? I think not. Also the Riverlands is the only place that comes close to producing anywhere near as much food as the Reach and the Reach and Riverlands BOTH get very wealthy off of it because none of the other regions can really sustain themselves effectively.
Except they did for 100's of years before Aegon QQ. (The greensblood river feeds most of dorne anyhow

Also there's a river to hellholt, south shore is a port as is lemonwood and that's just on the south shore of dorne.

Leusis said:
Your mercenary company has no real reason to want most of the things you're offering other than the money.
You know other then the spoils from conquered land and the stories and woman of Westeros. In the war of 5 kings mercenaries fought on almost every side. The Brave companions who cut off Jaime's hand were sell swords

If the golden company rapes the Stormlands Cayden will probably actually be OK with it as long as they don't salt the earth or something

Nah
Naaaaah

I got too much admiration for the Roman Republic to not emulate them.
Speaking of which, whatever happened to your Julius Caesar over at Volantis?

WanderingJester said:
Speaking of which, whatever happened to your Julius Caesar over at Volantis?
I prefer to think of him as a Marius or Sulla, and he merged with Aetius. I was going to have him interfere with Daenna, buttt. I got that already.

Nah
Naaaaah

I got too much admiration for the Roman Republic to not emulate them.
Just saying salting the land you hope to rule would be kind of stupid xD

WanderingJester said:
You mean he didn't get it already? I assumed a servant off screen gave the payment to him/his men before they sailed over to Fair Isle to make themselves at home thing. You wanted an onscreen payment?
I just assumed he hadn't been payed because nothing was said about it OOC or IC, but that works for me.

Akio said:
Except they did for 100's of years before Aegon QQ. (The greensblood river feeds most of dorne anyhow
Also there's a river to hellholt, south shore is a port as is lemonwood and that's just on the south shore of dorne.

You know other then the spoils from conquered land and the stories and woman of Westeros. In the war of 5 kings mercenaries fought on almost every side. The Brave companions who cut off Jaime's hand were sell swords
I was talking about major ports, but if you want to bring in the smaller ones the Crownlands has Duskendale, Sharp Point, Stonedance, Dragonstone, Dyre Den, Rook's Rest. And add on Kings Landing and Driftmark as the two major ports of the region and I assure you the Crownlands out trade Dorne any day. Maybe not with the Summer Isles, but definitely with the free cities.

Also the Brave Companions were also a rather small company of 100-300 men, costing a fraction of what it would cost to hire a company of 2,000 men.

I prefer to think of him as a Marius or Sulla, and he merged with Aetius. I was going to have him interfere with Daenna, buttt. I got that already.
Will he do anything with New Ghis' rise?

Leusis said:
I just assumed he hadn't been payed because nothing was said about it OOC or IC, but that works for me.
I was talking about major ports, but if you want to bring in the smaller ones the Crownlands has Duskendale, Sharp Point, Stonedance, Dragonstone, Dyre Den, Rook's Rest. And add on Kings Landing and Driftmark as the two major ports of the region and I assure you the Crownlands out trade Dorne any day. Maybe not with the Summer Isles, but definitely with the free cities.

Also the Brave Companions were also a rather small company of 100-300 men, costing a fraction of what it would cost to hire a company of 2,000 men.
Oh, sorry. Feel free to narrate the payment already received by Roland. Tiber isn't the type of man with the financial situation where he'll promise someone payment and won't/can't pay it.

I'll salt every last inch of Westeros if it means there's no one left to oppose me.
Not sure there's enough salt.

Leusis said:

I'm sure, Lannisters also hired 1000's of sell swords. But hey at least I want have to pay the captains which I'd usually where most of the money goes.

WanderingJester said:
Will he do anything with New Ghis' rise?
Oh, sorry. Feel free to narrate the payment already received by Roland. Tiber isn't the type of man with the financial situation where he'll promise someone payment and won't/can't pay it.
Attempt to establish friendly communications with the new Emperor. If that fails? Use what political power he has to embargo them, refuse him what trade he can.

All of the places I just named are seats of Crownland houses @Akio

Also I can't find it anywhere the names of any companies the Lannisters hired other than the Brave Companions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back