• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Hypnos said:
That would have been such a bad idea, if Robb had won they'd be absorbed into another Kingdom by twenty years time. Robb's generation may have liked the Tullys but the next might not be so lenient, then they'd have to deal with constant attacks from the North, raids from the Iron Isles who are now no longer legally obligated to leave them alone as they are a separate Kingdom and a full on conquest from the Vastly stronger south, by swearing to Robb they gained a permanent ally who would not betray them since they were under him and could use the Northern Strength and ties at the time to deal with their enemies. Hoster fucking Tully made that call and he's a hundred times the man Cayden will ever be, it also was the one thing that brought together all of the Riverlords under one banner for the first time in a hundred years, even Bracken and Blackwood were willing to cooperate, if Robb hadn't been an idiot it would have worked out better than the brief Kingdom of Rivers and Hills.
Except there would still be marriages between the two which means they still would have had an alliance

Akio said:
Except there would still be marriages between the two which means they still would have had an alliance
For one generation, maybe two alliances don't last past that ask Blackwood and Bracken, they've married more times than anyone can remember but they still fight, in the long term a Kingdom of Rivers and Hills never would have lasted.

WanderingJester said:
"I'm going to the Lannister Wedding!" *a few moments later* "Wait, this isn't Casterly Rock!" *Sees Desgran and Daenna about to get married, somehow managed to end up on Ibben despite heading west* xD
*Gets angry, lights Ibben on fire*

Hypnos said:
For one generation, maybe two alliances don't last past that ask Blackwood and Bracken, they've married more times than anyone can remember but they still fight, in the long term a Kingdom of Rivers and Hills never would have lasted.
Maybe, though it was never gonna be an easy hold to begin with sworn to Robb or not. Whoever took the iron throne would want it back eventually and they lack a most Caitlyn

SirDerpingtonIV said:
*Gets angry, lights Ibben on fire*
Partay!

rome-burning.jpg

Akio said:
Maybe, though it was never gonna be an easy hold to begin with sworn to Robb or not. Whoever took the iron throne would want it back eventually and they lack a most Caitlyn
The Iron Islands kept the Riverlands for years, with the right political maneuvering and a good amount of fear the north could hold onto it for a good while.

Hypnos said:
The Iron Islands kept the Riverlands for years, with the right political maneuvering and a good amount of fear the north could hold onto it for a good while.
That'd when all seven kingdoms were at war, anyone who takes the iron throne probably would have all the south behind them

Akio said:
That'd when all seven kingdoms were at war, anyone who takes the iron throne probably would have all the south behind them
That's also when each King had the most political influence and could individually choose to mount an invasion, it's when each area surrounding the Riverlands wanted them not for an obligation to someone else but political might and their own greed, when Kings had not connections to other Kingdoms and would screw them over without a heart beat.

Hypnos said:
That's also when each King had the most political influence and could individually choose to mount an invasion, it's when each area surrounding the Riverlands wanted them not for an obligation to someone else but political might and their own greed, when Kings had not connections to other Kingdoms and would screw them over without a heart beat.
But they were also not united. If the person controlling the iron throne had 5 out of seven kingdoms invade at once to reclaim the seven kingdoms the hold would be near impossible

Akio said:
But they were also not united. If the person controlling the iron throne had 5 out of seven kingdoms invade at once to reclaim the seven kingdoms the hold would be near impossible
But they'd be considerably weakened after the hypothetical war, giving the North time to sure up the Riverlands defences, I'm not saying that the Riverlands and Northern Kingdom would last, neither of them would, I'm saying that it would last longer than two individual Kingdoms on there own which would have fucked the Riverlands over even more. The Iron Throne would need to persuade the six Kingdoms it has left to all join together and attack a force that just whooped their asses and no longer directly threatens them, that takes time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypnos said:
But they'd be considerably weakened after the hypothetical war, giving the North time to sure up the Riverlands defences, I'm not saying that the Riverlands and Northern Kingdom would last, neither of them would, I'm saying that it would last longer than two individual Kingdoms on there own which would have fucked the Riverlands over even more. The Iron Throne would need to persuade the six Kingdoms it has left to all join together and attack a force that just whooped their asses and no longer directly threatens them, that takes time.
Perhaps

So I'm thinking that making the Lord of House Glover is a good idea so the Mormonts have somebody to interact with on their march to Winterfell.

Leusis said:
So I'm thinking that making the Lord of House Glover is a good idea so the Mormonts have somebody to interact with on their march to Winterfell.
I wonder will anyone ever make members of houses in Dorne. Anyone want to be a Dayne or a Yronwood xD

WanderingJester said:
There was a Dayne but I'm not sure where he went...
Just saying I'm sad since if I hold councils I'll have no banner men to speak to. Males for easy decision making but boring in between times

Akio said:
Just saying I'm sad since if I hold councils I'll have no banner men to speak to. Males for easy decision making but boring in between times
There still wouldn't be unanimous agreement and smooth sailing. I mean I plan on having some disgruntlement within the Westermens' ranks even though all the PC bannermen are solidly behind Tiber.

WanderingJester said:
There still wouldn't be unanimous agreement and smooth sailing. I mean I plan on having some disgruntlement within the Westermens' ranks even though all the PC bannermen are solidly behind Tiber.
Fair enough but controlling all my banner man is boring and there's no one to help me do things like the west has with some of their player characters

Hypnos said:
If anyone ever wants a few disgruntled bannermen NPC just ask in chat, I'm sure we'd be happy to comply.
I will probably not actually have to many banner man disgruntled at first since in leading them against an ancient enemy and supporting Daenna means we might get storms end but if a dragon becomes involved I'll need some

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back