• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
I think it's time Helyon and Erik had a talk then. I'll fit it in later with the next Tarly post. Erik Rowan's time to retake control of his house is nigh and crucial in the coming troublesome time ahead. What with imminent war approaching his literal doorstep.
I think it'll be interesting to watch Helyon Tarly slap some sense into a fat old man and bring back his greatness. Personally I imagine Erik Rowan to be like Mace Tyrell, you're going to have to bring back his Garlan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypnos said:
I think it'll be interesting to watch Helyon Tarly slap some sense into a fat old man and bring back his greatness.
It'll be less brutal than the way he trains his son. Erik's an old brother in arm that's lost his way. He needs motivation (possible destruction of House Rowan and devastation of Goldengrove is plenty) and encouragement. Helyon knows Erik has the discipline in him, just that he's let it slide by the last decade or so.

Leusis said:
@Fezzes
What is Gelgin doing right now anyway? Still playing that boardgame?
Probably plotting how to destroy all of his rivals, and allies, and sheepfuckers beyond the Red Mountains.

I feel like he's probably going to be the Littlefinger of this RP. He's intelligent, experienced, pretty-neutralish, but also has PTSD and devoted to keeping the realm safe. No. Matter. What.

Leusis said:
Lets just be real for a second. Cayden is a good fighter but from what I've seen of his description hes probably less skilled than Roland (though hes obviously still one of the higher level fighters) and he also has that lung problem that keeps him from fighting for long. Also his spear would struggle to get through even the weak points in Roland's platemail if he even hit Roland. Also a spear isn't the best weapon to combat a longsword because if Roland gets within Cayden's reach hes likely going to die before he can create distance again.
But thats just how I see how Roland and Cayden's fight to the death would go.
The weapon I want Cayden to get is a Naginta, if he could got one he could fight knights much easier

Akio said:
The weapon I want Cayden to get is a Naginta, if he could got one he could fight knights much easier
And the weapon I want for Walder is a machine gun, I feel like that would more than make up for his leg.

Also I'm not sure Roland would be ready for the poison Cayden uses on his weapon, might take a small wound without even realizing how badly he might be fucked over

Hypnos said:
And the weapon I want for Walder is a machine gun, I feel like that would more than make up for his leg.
Difference is he can actually get one, its just a different version of a spear

Akio said:
Difference is he can actually get one, its just a different version of a spear
And a machine gun is just a differant version of the bow and arrow, I fail to see your point here...

Hypnos said:
And a machine gun is just a differant version of the bow and arrow, I fail to see your point here...
Well if you can invent a gun I'm sure he can have one. I just have to meet anyone from Yi Ti ((or speak to them in Nagitos case)) and have it made. It already existdv

Hypnos said:
Machine gun leg?

Planet-Terror-machine-gun-leg-e1350505246269.jpg

Akio said:
Also I'm not sure Roland would be ready for the poison Cayden uses on his weapon, might take a small wound without even realizing how badly he might be fucked over
I'm going to be soooo pissed if Cayden Oberyns Roland. Even if Roland Gregors Cayden at the end.

Akio said:
Akio said:
1. Naginata is a bit better for punching through armor but not by some huge margin if thats what you think.

2. A naginata is not just a different version of a spear, the weight and balance of the weapon would be completely different from what hes used to using. Thats like saying because Roland is very skilled with a longsword that all of that skill would transfer over to using a greatsword because they are very similar weapons. Sure some of his skill would transfer but he would still needs years of practice to get up to the level he was at with a longsword.

3. How do you expect Cayden to inflict a wound on Roland when hes covered head to toe in platemail, chainmail and leather? The only opening would be his visor and have fun trying to hit him through that in the middle of a duel when not only is he more skilled than you, but hes also got a weapon thats better in a duel. Spears were made for formation fighting, not duels.

WanderingJester said:
That does not answer the question.

Leusis said:
1. Naginata is a bit better for punching through armor but not by some huge margin if thats what you think.
2. A naginata is not just a different version of a spear, the weight and balance of the weapon would be completely different from what hes used to using. Thats like saying because Roland is very skilled with a longsword that all of that skill would transfer over to using a greatsword because they are very similar weapons. Sure some of his skill would transfer but he would still needs years of practice to get up to the level he was at with a longsword.

3. How do you expect Cayden to inflict a wound on Roland when hes covered head to toe in platemail, chainmail and leather? The only opening would be his visor and have fun trying to hit him through that in the middle of a duel when not only is he more skilled than you, but hes also got a weapon thats better in a duel. Spears were made for formation fighting, not duels.
Do you think plate I'd impenetrable? Theirs joints all over plate armor where one needs to bend and move. Oberyns first moves against the armored mountain was on the leg between a point and he was about as armored as a knight got, it would be difficult but not impossible

Akio said:
That does not answer the question.
Do you think plate I'd impenetrable? Theirs joints all over plate armor where one needs to bend and move. Oberyns first moves against the armored mountain was on the leg between a point and he was about as armored as a knight got, it would be difficult but not impossible
47673121.jpg

Akio said:
Do you think plate I'd impenetrable? Theirs joints all over plate armor where one needs to bend and move. Oberyns first moves against the armored mountain was on the leg between a point and he was about as armored ad a knight got, it would be difficult but not impossible
Nearly all weak points in platemail are on the back of the suit. That is exactly where Oberyn struck, on the back of Gregor's leg and was able to cut him. But you're forgetting Roland is many times more skilled than Gregor ever was and getting behind him to do such a thing would be several times harder. Gregor was never a great or even a good fighter, he was just big, strong and could wear more armor because of it.

Your argument seems similar to "If a really skilled levy fought a more skilled knight the levy could win if he had poison". I say thats extremely unlikely because not only does the knight have more skill, but he also has far better equipment than the levy does. Because Cayden does essentially fight like a levy hopped up on steroids. But he still only uses a spear and light armor, two things that put him at a huge disadvantage to the already more skilled Roland. Cayden's strength would be against fighting other lightly armored enemies because the spear could actually pierce their armor if he hit them.

Leusis said:
Nearly all weak points in platemail are on the back of the suit. That is exactly where Oberyn struck, on the back of Gregor's leg and was able to cut him. But you're forgetting Roland is many times more skilled than Gregor ever was and getting behind him to do such a thing would be several times harder. Gregor was never a great or even a good fighter, he was just big, strong and could wear more armor because of it.
Your argument seems similar to "If a really skilled levy fought a more skilled knight the levy could win if he had poison". I say thats extremely unlikely because not only does the knight have more skill, but he also has far better equipment than the levy does. Because Cayden does essentially fight like a levy hopped up on steroids. But he still only uses a spear and light armor, two things that put him at a huge disadvantage to the already more skilled Roland. Cayden's strength would be against fighting other lightly armored enemies because the spear could actually pierce their armor if he hit them.
What I'm saying is a lucky hit when ones using poison may turn the battle, the fact Caydens quite skilled only helps his cause. I have no illusions it would be a really difficult fight

I just think you're grossly overestimating Cayden's ability to kill somebody like Roland, Martyn, Trevir or any other highly skilled knight. I'm not saying Cayden isn't good enough to at least land a grazing blow on Roland or something like that. I'm saying the equipment difference makes that grazing blow pointless unless Cayden fought Roland out of his armor.

Leusis said:
I just think you're grossly overestimating Cayden's ability to kill somebody like Roland, Martyn, Trevir or any other highly skilled knight. I'm not saying Cayden isn't good enough to at least land a grazing blow on Roland or something like that. I'm saying the equipment difference makes that grazing blow pointless unless Cayden fought Roland out of his armor.
We'll just have to see if we ever fight, which to be honest is unlikely. Lannisters is the faction he most wants to ally

Akio said:
We'll just have to see if we ever fight, which to be honest is unlikely. Lannisters is the faction he most wants to ally
Lannister is so popular, you guys should give the Baratheons a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back