• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
Their horses are storred at the princess house or at least the majority are
I know, I meant that all the Red Spears galloping off in a rush to the city gates would be easy pickings for both Pentoshi Phalanxes near the gates, and archers If the gates are closed, you then need to dismount and be caught out of formation... A lot of soldiers and horses would die due to lack of protection. Several horses may be killed by the guards before the Red Spears arrive at the Princess' house.

Come to think of it, a desperate gallop to the gates followed by an out-of-formation skirmish would probably lose the Red Spears at least 450 men.

Archon said:
I know, I meant that all the Red Spears galloping off in a rush to the city gates would be easy pickings for both Pentoshi Phalanxes near the gates, and archers If the gates are closed, you then need to dismount and be caught out of formation... A lot of soldiers and horses would die due to lack of protection. Several horses may be killed by the guards before the Red Spears arrive at the Princess' house.
Come to think of it, a desperate gallop to the gates followed by an out-of-formation skirmish would probably lose the Red Spears at least 450 men.
They would probably get into battle formations and have someone lead the horses in the middle except for those who act as light and heavy calvary. Travel at food speed and act like it was just another day on the job though some would be hung over or a bit drunk

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
They would probably get into battle formations and have someone lead the horses in the middle except for those who act as light and heavy calvary. Travel at food speed and act like it was just another day on the job though some would be hung over or a bit drunk
The night is dark and full of terrors, everyone needs to sleep.

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]Well I'm glad my character knows the city inside and out

[/QUOTE]
Might be good for getting Deanna out quick, but not overly helpful for a full army of 2,000 hungover mercenaries who have no more than a few minutes until a fight.

Akio said:
Probably the best bet for getting out, Pentoshi Guards are just city-watch, they aren't a standing army. Since the army was nerfed by Braavos.

The fact that most men would be drunk would result in a few hundred losses anyway. maybe 300, less if you device a clever plan IC. Although adrenaline would offset the worst of the hangover for most.

Archon said:
Might be good for getting Deanna out quick, but not overly helpful for a full army of 2,000 hungover mercenaries who have no more than a few minutes until a fight.
Probably the best bet for getting out, Pentoshi Guards are just city-watch, they aren't a standing army. Since the army was nerfed by Braavos.

The fact that most men would be drunk would result in a few hundred losses anyway. maybe 300, less if you device a clever plan IC. Although adrenaline would offset the worst of the hangover for most.
The only thing I can think of getting any of those drunk bastards out are in the damn slums and stripping them of their armor. Lose good stuff but hell we got to hide

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]The only thing I can think of getting any of those drunk bastards out are in the damn slums and stripping them of their armor. Lose good stuff but hell we got to hide

[/QUOTE]
God damn my chest... That was too freaking unexpected! 2,000 mercenaries half-naked in the slums trying to hide.

That's the worst - yet simultaneously best - plan ever!

Archon said:

He will probably have a clever plan, also there are two factions who wouldn't be drunk. Dallens archers and Caydens personal guard since they were out with him. Gerrards heavy calvary will likely fight better drunk though xD they are basically armored berserkers

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]The only thing I can think of getting any of those drunk bastards out are in the damn slums and stripping them of their armor. Lose good stuff but hell we got to hide

[/QUOTE]
Thus right here is a glorious plan xD

Lancelot said:
Aemond could smuggle some of the important people out of the city and definetly not take them to driftmark
I find it funny Aemonds and Caydens first meeting might be in this c omming battle xD

Akio said:
He will probably have a clever plan, also there are two factions who wouldn't be drunk. Dallens archers and Caydens personal guard since they were out with him. Gerrards heavy calvary will likely fight better drunk though xD they are basically armored berserkers
The archers would be the most helpful, if they were drunk they'd be pretty bad. The aim would be off, they'd probably end up skewering their own friends in the head.

Heavy Cavalry isn't going to be much use, this is a street-fight, literally. You can't cavalry charge in a crowded city street. Cayden's personal Guard only help keep him alive, not useful to the whole skirmish as a fighting force.

Lancelot said:
I doubt Aemond would take part in the battle to be honest.
Still would be funny, would he stay at the magistrates then?

Archon said:
The archers would be the most helpful, if they were drunk they'd be pretty bad. The aim would be off, they'd probably end up skewering their own friends in the head.
Heavy Cavalry isn't going to be much use, this is a street-fight, literally. You can't cavalry charge in a crowded city street. Cayden's personal Guard only help keep him alive, not useful to the whole skirmish as a fighting force.
Probably they'll just dismount and fight on foot as heavy infantry and Caydens personal guard is his personal light calvary skirmisher squadron which is about 200 elites. Dallen has about 150 special archer honor guard who can fire arrows from horse back trained sort of in dorthraki fashion, Gerrard has 150 experinced heavy calvary/knights acting as the red spears shock squadron and Cayden has a personal skirmish squad of 200. Its of them the red spears were built off as time passed.

Also given how Daenna is who wants to take bets she might try fighting two with Nagito and Don guarding her

Akio said:
Probably they'll just dismount and fight on foot as heavy infantry and Caydens personal guard is his personal light calvary skirmisher squadron which is about 200 elites. Dallen has about 150 special archer honor guard who can fire arrows from horse back trained sort of in dorthraki fashion, Gerrard has 150 experinced heavy calvary/knights acting as the red spears shock squadron and Cayden has a personal skirmish squad of 200. Its of them the red spears were built off as time passed.

Also given how Daenna is who wants to take bets she might try fighting two with Nagito and Don guarding her
Don't forget Adam jeez

Akio said:

Might even side with the Magistrate, who knows what will happen?

Braavos may have forced Pentos to keep their army size down, but even if they forced them to keep it at 10% of what it would normally be (which is absolutely outrageous I might add) they likely still have 3,000-4,000 soldiers and Pentos also hires mercenaries (not just Cayden) so theres actually a really good chance Cayden is heavily outnumbered in this city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancelot said:
Might even side with the Magistrate, who knows what will happen?
Even if he did unless he assassinated Dallen or Gerrard or Cayden he would stop 2000 men on the war path

Elendithas said:
Yes, because 2,000 horses could totally fit in a small stable of a man's manor.
This is the prince of pentos house, i doubt its a small manor

Leusis said:
Braavos may have forced Pentos to keep their army size down, but even if they forced them to keep it at 10% of what it would normally be (which is absolutely outrageous I might add) they likely still have 3,000-4,000 soldiers and Pentos also hires mercenaries (not just Cayden) so theres actually a really good chance Cayden is heavily outnumbered in this city.
Oh no doubt hes outnumbered even if just by the guard. Hes trying to leave the city in this case not conqure it

Akio said:

Again, even light cavalry isn't ideal for a street fight. Sure, they could fight from horseback and carve up some Pentoshi guards, but they'd have no mobility; making them easy pickings to any Pentoshi holding a spear, javelin, or bow. Mounted archers could be useful for firing over Red Spear lines; but no mobility makes them easy pickings to return fire.

Shock Squadron is useless. No charge, no shock, they become additional experienced Heavy Infantry. Cayden's 200 skirmish squad will be most useful, since this is a skirmish - even if slightly out of their element by being in a city.

I'm still thinking Cayden will lose around 400 men, and 250 horses. 2,000 is a lot, and they'd probably have to split into three sub-sections of 675 and head to three different city gates.

You'd lose far too much trying to get 2,000 men through one gate.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Alright. Asking for someone to clear things up for me.
Everyone in Pentos is basically at SOME magistrates house?
Its supposed to be the princes Palace actually. No idea where magistrate came in, probably the confusion of there being more then one magistrate and being mistaken for the prince

Users who are viewing this thread

Back