• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Archon said:
I can't disagree with any reasoning there. You're right, of course. I guess I mistook authority and loyalty as the same thing for a moment.
Whilst Rory isn't a pure-Stannis clone, more a split between the him an Robert (to a degree). As we can see, Braedon is pure Renly.

I still believe his fanaticism is nothing but negative though, and a great deal of his hate from the other lords and small support is because of Melisandre. I can't imagine many of his soldiers were particularly happy when he burned people alive in the name of a foreign God, sure, some of them may be zealous followers, but I'd say a good deal were wishing they were on a different side. After Blackwater Bay, his army pretty much consisted of the very few zealous followers left, and sellswords.

Also, Baelor hasn't been ruling them for years, has he? I thought the whole reason Rory had the fleet, and not Kuvira, was because he had all the captains killed, and replaced with men loyal to him? I don't know if we went with that reason now, I thought we had though.
Eh, R'hollor has its uses, if he hadn't been worshiping the Red God then he would have fallen to Renly very early on in his campaign and wouldn't be as far as he is now, in my opinion he shouldn't have wasted the second shadow baby of Cortnay Penrose, he he had saved it up and used it on Tywin Lannister sometime before the Blackwater he could have taken the city and won the war. Really there were several factors bringing Stannis down and fanaticism is just one of his problems.

The reason you've mentioned was a suggested reason for why Rory would have the fleet but I reasoned against it several pages ago (Back when you were busy) Rory wouldn't need to cloak and dagger take out the unloyal Velaryon captains because as far as he is concerned the Velaryon's themselves are loyal, they done nothing but support him thus far and have obviously not taken away their fleet, Aenys Velaryon even fights by Rory's side and from Rory's point of view any captain loyal to the Valaryons are also by extension loyal to him so there is no need to weed any out.

Hypnos said:
Eh, R'hollor has its uses, if he hadn't been worshiping the Red God then he would have fallen to Renly very early on in his campaign and wouldn't be as far as he is now, in my opinion he shouldn't have wasted the second shadow baby of Cortnay Penrose, he he had saved it up and used it on Tywin Lannister sometime before the Blackwater he could have taken the city and won the war. Really there were several factors bringing Stannis down and fanaticism is just one of his problems.
The reason you've mentioned was a suggested reason for why Rory would have the fleet but I reasoned against it several pages ago (Back when you were busy) Rory wouldn't need to cloak and dagger take out the unloyal Velaryon captains because as far as he is concerned the Velaryon's themselves are loyal, they done nothing but support him thus far and have obviously not taken away their fleet, Aenys Velaryon even fights by Rory's side and from Rory's point of view any captain loyal to the Valaryons are also by extension loyal to him so there is no need to weed any out.
Cortnay Penrose... R.I.P you magnificent bastard, that guy was like the Anti-Stannis for a while. "Is it the justice of your cause you doubt, my lord, or the strength of your arm? Are you afraid I’ll piss on your burning sword and put it out?"

But yeah, of course Melisandre and R'hllor were useful. I didn't deny that, in-fact as you've stated he wouldn't have got past Renly without them. I merely said his army (Stannis's main-starting army) suffered far far more than it benefited from Stannis's zealotry over R'hllor.

And that's fair enough, I never caught that reasoning, and I wasn't aware of Baelor's creation until a few days ago. Still, with you holding Rory's number one asset, he'll likely be very cautious of Baelor's loyalty; he'll have some inkling as to the type of man Baelor is, and in-turn will probably try and ensure the fleet holds loyalty to him.

Of course, whilst Baelor undoubtedly holds the majority, I think you overestimate how large the split would be, not because they're loyal to Rory. But because they're with Rory. A reasonable portion would probably be too afraid of the potential consequences. (Talking pre-defeat here, if Rory and Braedon have just lost Blackwater Bay 2 or something the split would indeed be overwhelmingly in Baelor's favour.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Archon said:
Cortnay Penrose... R.I.P you magnificent bastard, that guy was like the Anti-Stannis for a while. "Is it the justice of your cause you doubt, my lord, or the strength of your arm? Are you afraid I’ll piss on your burning sword and put it out?"
But yeah, of course Melisandre and R'hllor were useful. I didn't deny that, in-fact as you've stated he wouldn't have got past Renly without them. I merely said his army (Stannis's main-starting army) suffered far far more than it benefited from Stannis's zealotry over R'hllor.

And that's fair enough, I never caught that reasoning, and I wasn't aware of Baelor's creation until a few days ago. Still, with you holding Rory's number one asset, he'll likely be very cautious of Baelor's loyalty; he'll have some inkling as to the type of man Baelor is, and in-turn will probably try and ensure the fleet holds loyalty to him.

Of course, whilst Baelor undoubtedly holds the majority, I think you overestimate how large the split would be, not because they're loyal to Rory. But because they're with Rory. A reasonable portion would probably be too afraid of the potential consequences. (Talking pre-defeat here, if Rory and Braedon have just lost Blackwater Bay 2 or something the split would indeed be overwhelmingly in Baelor's favour.)
He might want to try and get into contract with Baelor before the whole siege thing goes down cause right now he's just chilling out in King's Landing.

Driftmark is but a short sail from Dragonstone, it may be a bit awkward if Rory loses his fleet only to realise they've all parked next door.

Hypnos said:
He might want to try and get into contract with Baelor before the whole siege thing goes down cause right now he's just chilling out in King's Landing.
Driftmark is but a short sail from Dragonstone, it may be a bit awkward if Rory loses his fleet only to realise they've all parked next door.
That would be a fun scene.

"My lord, the Stags are here! They've surrounded King's Landing on land and have blockaded the harbor! There's no way out!"

*Baelor looks out to Blackwater Bay. Squints eyes.* "Is that my fleet? That's my fleet isn't it?"

Hypnos said:
Isn't that for all intents and purposes, impossible? Rory doesn't have the political influence to have a spy network that can infiltrate King's Landing. He has spies, sure. But not many, and not great ones. He'd have no way to tell the spies, to tell Baelor, "Sup dude, open the gates for us, yeah. We're invading tomorrow?"

Well, yeah. But the distance is besides the point. He can't exactly sail to Driftmark and issue justice on Baelor because he doesn't have enough ships to transport the tattered remnants of his army, nor enough to get anywhere near Driftmark without most of his own fleet, destroying the minority of what's left of his fleet. :P

I know, I know, technically the fleet is Baelor's... But I'm going to keep referring to it as Rory's for now, since it's in his possession.

Akio said:
Why do I feel a death flag was just raised for Dom @Crimson smile
Lancelot said:
Hoping a death flag will be raised for the Red Spears they are seriously overstepping some boundaries.
Wait, so what's going on in Pentos right now? Last I heard the Frat Bros just took over some poor man's home and are throwing a loud party which is disturbing the neighbors with Daenna. (I assumed that there would already be chugging of alcohol, right side up or otherwise, along with plenty of wild fornication between less than sober people, and loud music).

Lancelot said:
Hoping a death flag will be raised for the Red Spears they are seriously overstepping some boundaries.
Well first you would probably need over 2000 men to start. But probably many of them are gonna die at some point in the future if Dorne declares for any faction, after all they are Cayden's honor guard and he will likely lead Dorne's armies so yeah theres that

WanderingJester said:
Wait, so what's going on in Pentos right now? Last I heard the Frat Bros just took over some poor man's home and are throwing a loud party which is disturbing the neighbors with Daenna. (I assumed that there would already be chugging of alcohol, right side up or otherwise, along with plenty of wild fornication between less than sober people, and loud music).
Hes talking about the fact we took over this guys home pretty effectively xD

Archon said:
Isn't that for all intents and purposes, impossible? Rory doesn't have the political influence to have a spy network that can infiltrate King's Landing. He has spies, sure. But not many, and not great ones. He'd have no way to tell the spies, to tell Baelor, "Sup dude, open the gates for us, yeah. We're invading tomorrow?"
Well, yeah. But the distance is besides the point. He can't exactly sail to Driftmark and issue justice on Baelor because he doesn't have enough ships to transport the tattered remnants of his army, nor enough to get anywhere near Driftmark without most of his own fleet, destroying the minority of what's left of his fleet. :P

I know, I know, technically the fleet is Baelor's... But I'm going to keep referring to it as Rory's for now, since it's in his possession.
I mean you could just said the guy a letter, if a raven gets to Driftmark they'll know how to get it to him it's not as if people read his mail or anything as far as everyone knows Baelor's a lovely chap receiving news from his sons regarding the weather in the Stormlands.

In the process of catching up on the Essos tab, and I have to say, those guys are honestly more like Pirates than Mercenaries.

I get where the Cayden hate comes from too, no offense Akio. But Cayden is like a more annoying version of Daario with a obscure moral-compass.

Akio said:
Hes talking about the fact we took over this guys home pretty effectively xD
Lawn-FP.jpg

Damn kids these days. smh *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
Archon said:
In the process of catching up on the Essos tab, and I have to say, those guys are honestly more like Pirates than Mercenaries.
I get where the Cayden hate comes from too, no offense Akio. But Cayden is like a more annoying version of Daario with a obscure moral-compass.
Never claimed I was making a character who wasn't annoying to some people, that comes with the territory. All I did was make the character, interpretation is yours.

Akio said:
Never claimed I was making a character who wasn't annoying to some people, that comes with the territory. All I did was make the character, interpretation is yours.
I like Caydens character, it is just he isn't making very smart descisions.

Akio said:
I'm not discrediting him by any means, Cayden clearly has some political and battle-smarts (even if he isn't utilizing them right atm), and is a pretty damn good guy given the times they live in. Even if he is a bit of a dick.

Keep in mind, I think Daario is pretty awesome; whilst also being highly annoying. I find Sansa annoying too, and I damn near love her to death.

Archon said:
I'm not discrediting him by any means, Cayden clearly has some political and battle-smarts (even if he isn't utilizing them right atm), and is a pretty damn good guy given the times they live in. Even if he is a bit of a dick.
Keep in mind, I think Daario is pretty awesome; whilst also being highly annoying. I find Sansa annoying too, and I damn near love her to death.
Just because im a dick to wizards and the Ibbens that house them don't mean im a dick to everyone xD

But your right. Right now his Decisions arent the soundest, partly because he was caught off guard with the situation going on in Westeros, then the marriage. He had been doing nothing but mercenary work for four years so hes a little rusty politically at the moment and going a bit overboard with protection detail because he Really. Hates. Magic.

I dislike Cayden like I dislike Harry Potter: I'll sit there and watch the films and enjoy them all but then after they're finished I'll instantly start complaining about them and criticising how terrible they are.

Akio said:
Just because im a dick to wizards and the Ibbens that house them don't mean im a dick to everyone xD
But your right. Right now his Decisions arent the soundest, partly because he was caught off guard with the situation going on in Westeros, then the marriage. He had been doing nothing but mercenary work for four years so hes a little rusty politically at the moment and going a bit overboard with protection detail because he Really. Hates. Magic.
The only problem I have with him is flooding Pentos with the Red Spears, other than that he is good in my books. (Bully dwarves all you want.)

Lancelot said:
The only problem I have with him is flooding Pentos with the Red Spears, other than that he is good in my books. (Bully dwarves all you want.)
Thats mostly because of Vance and him having no idea what a mage can do, for all he know Vance has an army in the city cloaked as civillians. Magic is bad for his nerves

Damn it, this roleplay is going to be the death of me. I'm turning into Lancelot, with the fact that I just had two other awesome character ideas! Pirate King of the Stepstones, and an exiled Westerosi sellsword, with some pretty high strategic and combat ability. Although the exile is mostly appealing because I have the best damn faceclaim ever for it.

Well at this point you have to think what they're gonna do for the plot in general, we have a lot of characters as is and sometimes i feel the huge amount slows rp slightly because everyone is waiting for someone else to do something

Archon said:
Damn it, this roleplay is going to be the death of me. I'm turning into Lancelot, with the fact that I just had two other awesome character ideas! Pirate King of the Stepstones, and an exiled Westerosi sellsword, with some pretty high strategic and combat ability. Although the exile is mostly appealing because I have the best damn faceclaim ever for it.
What is "I'm turning into Lancelot" supposed to mean?

Lancelot said:
What is "I'm turning into Lancelot" supposed to mean?
You have a lot of characters, that isn't a bad thing, and I meant no offense. It's just that I'm also already on four main characters, and that's probably going to rise further. Sorry if I insulted you, that wasn't my intention.

Archon said:
You have a lot of characters, that isn't a bad thing, and I meant no offense. It's just that I'm also already on four main characters, and that's probably going to rise further. Sorry if I insulted you, that wasn't my intention.
I mean't it as a joke but I realised it may be hard to tell the context from just text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back