• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

"My name is Aemond of the House Velaryon brother to Lord Baelor Velaryon Ex Commander of the Windblown and Ex Admiral of the Jolly Fellows, some might know me as the Rogue..."
Seven Hells @Lancelot you're not supposed to go around giving everyone your identity, you're not Daenna.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancelot said:
Aemond likely wouldn't care, and it is not like he has used an alias or anything in the past.
Aemond might not care but Baelor still has a bit of integrity, the man values secrecy here and you just go and mention him by name, honestly if you weren't my brother I'd have you replaced.

Hypnos said:
Aemond might not care but Baelor still has a bit of integrity, the man values secrecy here and you just go and mention him by name, honestly if you weren't my brother I'd have you replaced.
I think that Baelor is irrelevant in this conversation, Baelors secrecy and political ambitions have nothing to do with Aemonds character, he commanded sellsword companies for years I don't think it would be odd to address himself by name in Pentos, especially when he is there to meet with Magisters.

Lancelot said:
I think that Baelor is irrelevant in this conversation, Baelors secrecy and political ambitions have nothing to do with Aemonds character, he commanded sellsword companies for years I don't think it would be odd to address himself by name in Pentos, especially when he is there to meet with Magisters.
Everything about Aemond's character reflects on Baelor because Aemond bares Baelor's name. Baelor has worked hard in life to keep the Velaryon name to the highest standard it could be to the point where he wouldn't even tell certain people if brother exists so as to disassociate himself with dealings with common sellswords which whilst helpful reflect badly upon the family (Baring in mind this isn't hiring Sellswords this is literally buying the loyalties of the companies and keeping your men there for future employers as well) it would do well if the common folk didn't know the Velaryons had ties strong ties with the Jolly Gellows and they are currently Lannister men as are the Windblown, if Tiber Lannister finds out then thats several important connections gone (Tiber could outbid any offer Baelor put up) It's the same with the fact that to the common man Baelor's grandsons don't exist as that would ruin other connections with the Saans and the Rogares.

The Velaryons are a respectable Westerosi family with no ties to Essos, they offer their full loyalty to Kuvira/Breaden/Rory depedning on who asks and no one is any the wiser.

Hypnos said:
Everything about Aemond's character reflects on Baelor because Aemond bares Baelor's name. Baelor has worked hard in life to keep the Velaryon name to the highest standard it could be to the point where he wouldn't even tell certain people if brother exists so as to disassociate himself with dealings with common sellswords which whilst helpful reflect badly upon the family (Baring in mind this isn't hiring Sellswords this is literally buying the loyalties of the companies and keeping your men there for future employers as well) it would do well if the common folk didn't know the Velaryons had ties strong ties with the Jolly Gellows and they are currently Lannister men as are the Windblown, if Tiber Lannister finds out then thats several important connections gone (Tiber could outbid any offer Baelor put up) It's the same with the fact that to the common man Baelor's grandsons don't exist as that would ruin other connections with the Saans and the Rogares.
The Velaryons are a respectable Westerosi family with no ties to Essos, they offer their full loyalty to Kuvira/Breaden/Rory depedning on who asks and no one is any the wiser.
Lets be honest, every house is loyal to themselves first usually xD

Hypnos said:
And Aemond has spent the majority of his life away from his family, whether it be in the Stormlands or Essos, the ties that he has to his family are a personal one and he did a few things for them every now and then. I am confused when you are saying connections are gone if people find out, Aemond pretty much still has command over the Windblown. And I am pretty sure it was made clear that Aemond is friends whit many powerful Lysenes and Volantines. I think I would have to change Aemonds character a bit for what you are asking.

WanderingJester said:
Except maybe House Umber, they're a pretty cool and loyal bunch.
A few northern houses are pretty earnest to the Starks ill admit. I personally think excluding the Boltons they have the most loyal banner men

Lancelot said:
And Aemond has spent the majority of his life away from his family, whether it be in the Stormlands or Essos, the ties that he has to his family are a personal one and he did a few things for them every now and then. I am confused when you are saying connections are gone if people find out, Aemond pretty much still has command over the Windblown. And I am pretty sure it was made clear that Aemond is friends whit many powerful Lysenes and Volantines. I think I would have to change Aemonds character a bit for what you are asking.
I'm saying that Aemond just told the Red Spears that he used to be in charge of the WB and the JF and is a Velaryon, the Red Spears and commanded by Cayden, Cayden knows Daenna and Daenna would know Baelor Velaryon because he's pretty much been in King's Landing her entire life, hell Cayden probably knows Baelor, now if they let that slip Kuvira might be wondering why Lord Bealor's brothers mercenary companies are helping the Lannister who may be her enemies, which could end up with your poor brothers head on a pike. I'm not saying that you OOC shouldn't have done it since Aemond doesn't know, I'm saying that it'll be an IC nuisance to get this mess sorted out.

Keeping ties with Essos is vital and Baelor approves of it which is why he has Aemond do it instead of himself, even if Aemond doesn't know he's doing it for his brother dear. Baelor tends to be a bit of a control freak and likes to pull the strings on his families lives, how do you think Aemond is always so succesful financially?...

Hypnos said:
I'm saying that Aemond just told the Red Spears that he used to be in charge of the WB and the JF and is a Velaryon, the Red Spears and commanded by Cayden, Cayden knows Daenna and Daenna would know Baelor Velaryon because he's pretty much been in King's Landing her entire life, hell Cayden probably knows Baelor, now if they let that slip Kuvira might be wondering why Lord Bealor's brothers mercenary companies are helping the Lannister who may be her enemies, which could end up with your poor brothers head on a pike. I'm not saying that you OOC shouldn't have done it since Aemond doesn't know, I'm saying that it'll be an IC nuisance to get this mess sorted out.
Keeping ties with Essos is vital and Baelor approves of it which is why he has Aemond do it instead of himself, even if Aemond doesn't know he's doing it for his brother dear. Baelor tends to be a bit of a control freak and likes to pull the strings on his families lives, how do you think Aemond is always so succesful financially?...
Except Cayden wants to make friends with the Lannisters first and foremost but otherwise good points

Hypnos said:
I wasn't saying that Baelor didn't do all those stuff for Aemond, I was just saying that Aemond has those connections. Also he said "Ex", and only Aemond and a few men loyal to him knows that he still controls the Windblown.

Akio said:
Except Cayden wants to make friends with the Lannisters first and foremost but otherwise good points
And if Cayden happens to mention to Tiber that two of his sellsowrd companies have links to one of (as far as he knows) Kuviras supporters then that could mean hell for Baelor's plans.

Lancelot said:
I wasn't saying that Baelor didn't do all those stuff for Aemond, I was just saying that Aemond has those connections. Also he said "Ex", and only Aemond and a few men loyal to him knows that he still controls the Windblown.
History can be very important, especially to someone as clever as Tiber Lannister or mayhaps Grand Maester Vladan.

Hypnos said:
And if Cayden happens to mention to Tiber that two of his sellsowrd companies have links to one of (as far as he knows) Kuviras supporters then that could mean hell for Baelor's plans.
History can be very important, especially to someone as clever as Tiber Lannister or mayhaps Grand Maester Vladan.
True

Hypnos said:
I understand all of what you are saying, I know what he said wasn't very bright but everyone is bound to make mistakes and with how Aemond is I am sure he will make a lot more... I just don't think it is as big as you are making it out to be.

Lancelot said:
I understand all of what you are saying, I know what he said wasn't very bright but everyone is bound to make mistakes and with how Aemond is I am sure he will make a lot more... I just don't think it is as big as you are making it out to be.
Just expect a lashing if you make it back to Drfitmark.

Hypnos said:
Yeah, I know but I made Aemond to be a type of character and I feel if I think too much about it OOC then it might effect how I use him.

Lancelot said:
Yeah, I know but I made Aemond to be a type of character and I feel if I think too much about it OOC then it might effect how I use him.
That's fine, you just have to bear in mind his brother may be a tad bit crazy.

Eh you dont need to change your character, after all look at Cayden. Hes obviously gonna get into trouble and im not gonna change him

Hypnos said:
That's fine, you just have to bear in mind his brother may be a tad bit crazy.
Akio said:
Eh you dont need to change your character, after all look at Cayden. Hes obviously gonna get into trouble and im not gonna change him
Yeah I know, plus he hasn't even met everyone in Essos yet and who knows what Aemond himself will be planning?

Hypnos said:
Whoa, whoa. Was that a threat?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back