• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]OOOOOOH!! I could kiss you! (no homo) But seriously, thanks for the idea.

[/QUOTE]
I would recommend Orkmont, they have the finest trees in the iron isles so you could get some fine ass boats out of those.

Leusis said:
@Hypnos
Him saying that his bandits were spread all over Westeros kind of made me assume that it was more of a large criminal organization rather than your average bandits. Like they might have a couple dozen members dotted all over Westeros in small groups that only really meet up to do damage very rarely and still in relatively small numbers of maybe 100-300 at max.
If this is the case then how would they conunicate? How would they know to meet up? It would take ages to send riders to enough to small groups to gather enough for a substantial force.

Lancelot said:
How large is the garrison?
They could always scale the wall.
1,000 at max, currently 700, they can't scale the walls unless they want an arrow in the chest and molten oil poured over they heads, the men of Greyshield are literally standing their and watching them.

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]Well I didn't really think of them as bandits, more like Vikings.

[/QUOTE]
But theyre still pillaging villages and towns and would be stopped by the Lords.

Hypnos said:
If this is the case then how would they conunicate? How would they know to meet up? It would take ages to send riders to enough to small groups to gather enough for a substantial force.
1,000 at max, currently 700, they can't scale the walls unless they want an arrow in the chest and molten oil poured over they heads, the men of Greyshield are literally standing their and watching them.

But theyre still pillaging villages and towns and would be stopped by the Lords.
Tell that to Stannis Baratheon, If he is willing to risk that I expect the Ironborn probably wouldn't even think of that.

@Hypnos

I didn't say when they grouped up it would be quick, just what I assumed when he said they were spread out all over Westeros lol

@Darth Gangsta

House Orkwood may have fine boats, but House Goodbrother and House Harlaw are the two strongest behind the Greyjoys. But sadly the Greyjoys have already been taken.

@Darth Gangsta

You don't have to be an Ironborn if you don't want. You'll just have to make your bandits a smaller force, probably closer to 500 (don't know if thats reasonable for Hypnos, its really up to him as I have no authority. I'm just a man who thinks he has decent ideas).

Leusis said:
@Hypnos
I didn't say when they grouped up it would be quick, just what I assumed when he said they were spread out all over Westeros lol

@Darth Gangsta

House Orkwood may have fine boats, but House Goodbrother and House Harlaw are the two strongest behind the Greyjoys. But sadly the Greyjoys have already been taken.
House Harlaw could be considered stronger than Greyjoy, Harlaws are richer and have steadily gotten more and more support, the reasons the Greyjoys are in power is that they have the seastone chair.

I'll just wait for the GM to reply.

@TheAncientCenturion Do you think having an army of 2,000 is reasonable for better equipped bandits? I don't really care how much, as long as my character aren't treated weak as fuck. But I strive for realism though.

Lancelot said:
Tell that to Stannis Baratheon, If he is willing to risk that I expect the Ironborn probably wouldn't even think of that.
But you'd all die... Stannis had an army of several thousand against I'll trained gold cloaks, you're facing a force of shield island warriors that are trained specifically to deal with this, in broad day light, it would be impossible to scale the walls, you'd get maybe one or two people over and they'd be killed by the men standing right there, you can try and do it, but it won't work.

Leusis said:
@Hypnos

@Darth Gangsta

It would be so slow it would be impractical, they'd take about a year to gather a big enough force for a raid (and this is a small raid, bandits don't raid castles otherwise they'd get the crown or LP involved and they be murdered with haste they'd only go for carriages and things)

Leusis said:
@Darth Gangsta
You don't have to be an Ironborn if you don't want. You'll just have to make your bandits a smaller force, probably closer to 500 (don't know if thats reasonable for Hypnos, its really up to him as I have no authority. I'm just a man who thinks he has decent ideas).
It's up to Centurion, I'm just trying to hammer out how it would work for two thousand bandits, since I don't think they would live very long and it wouldn't be very fair considering they would outnumber several houses (Which realistically they wouldn't do because they are bandits)

@Hypnos @JustWhipIt

I've certainly not forgotten, I'll absolutely make an effort to post as soon as I wake up since we're moving things along again. ^^

I've been a little (massively) swamped with reality lately, apologies.

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]
Please don't laugh at me.
I always thought an army 2000 was small.

[/QUOTE]
We aren't laughing at you, we (they) are just trying to hammer out if this is going to work or not, and all those things.

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]
Please don't laugh at me.
I always thought an army 2000 was small.

[/QUOTE]
2,000 is massive, look on the overview tab and there is a list of troop numbers for every noble house, some of them don't exceed 200, they're noble houses with land to protect.

Yeah, 2,000 is how many levies/men-at-arms the entirety of my characters island can raise in times of war (not counting the 1,800 knights and squires) and I'm one of the strongest houses in the Westerlands. Second strongest if you count the knights and squires.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Darth Gangsta

I was laying down, what's going on in the post? They're attacking Fair Isle? It was just hit by the Ironborn and reconquered by the Lannisters. . .

As for the size of your banditry brigade, we can work with it, but you may not like the way I'd go about solving it.

What you can do if you want this to be some pseudo-viking/bandit army, is you can have many be hedge knights. They are not always under the employment of lords, but they typically go seeking them out for jobs. And if ten-twenty can't find a job, maybe someone in this organization (that's spread throughout the realm,) hires them for one task or another.

The total sum would fluctuate wildly, and would be based off more so commerce and corrupted politics more than just raiding for what you want. It would probably either be based out of a powerful House or a merchant family, and would have countless branches with chains of commands and all of that good stuff. Like a modern gang in some respects. You have the Bloods in New York City and then the Bloods in Houston. They are technically apart of the same entity, but they function as independent groups.

On a side note, if you wanted it, we could have your bandits be recently chased out of The Reach by the Tarlys. They just finished a battle/series of battles against established bandits in the Dornish Marches. Mayhaps they're related to your group?

That's what it'd be like if you want to have this sized bandit army.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Kuvira has been waiting patiently in her throne room for weeks!
Okay. I'll see if I can put aside some time from doing school stuff at some point soon.

Also, I have just now noticed that I spelt Gelgin as Glegin in the post you replied to. Shame and dishonour upon my family.

Fezzes said:
Okay. I'll see if I can put aside some time from doing school stuff at some point soon.
Also, I have just now noticed that I spelt Gelgin as Glegin in the post you replied to. Shame and dishonour upon my family.
There is only one path left for you. .

aguaT5.gif

@Darth Gangsta

You know what I meant by starting your post earlier right? I meant a post to set up the battle, like your men rowing their way towards the island, talking strategy, state how many men you've brought along in total. That way I didn't have to do some awkward post of suddenly being near the beach with an army I suddenly assembled out of nowhere. Instead I could actually do a post of assembling my forces and coming up with a basic plan of my own. After all, boats aren't too fast and I'd likely see you on the horizon hours before you actually landed.

Leusis said:
@Darth Gangsta
You know what I meant by starting your post earlier right? I meant a post to set up the battle, like your men rowing their way towards the island, talking strategy, state how many men you've brought along in total. That way I didn't have to do some awkward post of suddenly being near the beach with an army I suddenly assembled out of nowhere. Instead I could actually do a post of assembling my forces and coming up with a basic plan of my own. After all, boats aren't too fast and I'd likely see you on the horizon hours before you actually landed.
Sorry but I don't agree on this, this whole hawk-eye vision and boats moving at snail pace is just wrong IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back