• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wild Cards

"No problem... everything is unpleasant I hope you have good news for us," Kai said softly. He looked around at what Broren was doing before he sat down with sage

Broren had set up several bones, he had a few jars with sands in it, his bowl was in the middle again and he had more of the dried herbs around the tent, just hanging. Raffer came back inside before closing the flaps behind him, "We are willing to explain why we need your reading is you so wish it." Raffer said. Sage wanted to say yes, but Kai might not want to know... for the sake of his sanity she stayed quietly.

"The future is always changing in little ways..." Raffer started, though Broren turned around and walked closer to them and started to explain in Raffer's place. "And a few days ago we felt a change bigger than we could have imagined... several events occurred at the same time... marking a very significant move in the flow of this parallel... We need to see how that change is going to affect the future now... and since you were my most recent reading Kai... I am thinking it would be best to read yours. Death here... was in your reading the most... and I want to see if anything diffrent comes from this... If you agree to this that is.. I won't read if you don't want me to, though I might have to withhold it from you if what I see is... different."

Sage didn't like the way he said the last part, what did he mean diffrent.. what did he see in Kai's frist reading?

"Just tell us be straightforward and do not sugar coat the truth," Kai said "That is all i ask." he wanted to know but he wanted to keep his sanity... oh well.

"Then kai, you can go first... please give me your hair or something you won't miss once more, into the bowl." Broren said, throwing the bones into the dish. Raffer moved closer and looked down into the bowl.

Much like before, the bones begin to move and shape. Sage eyes went a bit wide as she watched everything move in the bowl. Raffer seemed to have a serious expression as he peered inside of it. When it was done both were quiet, "Death if you please." Broren asked.

Sage looked up for a moment before she gently pulled a few of her own hairs out and did the same as Kai, assuming that was what Broren was asking for. When the bowl moved again Sage leaned back this time, not sure if it was really safe to lean so close to it. When everything seemed to settle Raffer gently picked up one of the bones in the bowl. Broren moved to the back of the tent and the two of them spoke demon to each other. Broren seem to flip through the book rapidly and then shut it, saying a few more things in demon, though Raffer seemed to look a bit torn.

After that they both paused, though they were looking at each other. "Kai... I need you to let me read you again. I am sorry to have to ask you a second time." Broren told him.

For the third time everything transformed once more and moved, Raffer seem to react to this, though he seemed a bit sad. When it was done and the bones laid still in the bowl, Broren took some of the colored sand from the shelves. "Kai... we have done somthing to help shift the future again, but for this to be successful... they day before you all are to leave to the demon world to fight in the war... I need to give you all a blessing."

"We are going to fight in the demon war?" Sage asked suddenly.

"Yes... in the few weeks... the final battle in the demon world is coming... and Tannis will be crowned." Broren said. Raffer was being a bit quiet, he was frankly not as good about hiding emotions as Broren. Broren smiled, "Your shift on the world did bring about one good thing, I am not longer going to die at the end of the war. I will continue to live for a few more years." He said with a chuckle.

Sage blinked, he knew when he was going to die?

"Well at least one thing isn't bad," Kai sighed "Death, input? any kind of it on the subject of blessings and wait... last time we were going to live did my enemy getting papers and a few demon henchmen really make things change that much?"

"There was a lot of events that happened at one time... that pushed the flow... a few I can not tell you because if I want the future to end in the best way possible.. you must follow its natural course.... The three biggest contributors to the shift was Death being seen by your human bag guys, your human war escalating because of the little demons and a bigger demon... a very powerful demon." Broren said quietly, though he started to pour the colored sands in the bowls. Reds, blues and greens.

Sage sighed and clasped a hand over her forehead, "Is there anything we can do to make things... go back?" She asked.

"Take the blessing offer before you leave.... and follow your hearts.." Broren said to Sage.

Sage coughed, "That was cheesy..." Sage said with a bit of a chuckle.

Raffer smiled at the two of them, "Thank you for your help today... please count on us. I will see everyone in the future." Raffer said bowing a bit to them.

Broren also sat up and bowed, "I hope you guys find your way well." He said quietly.

"We will... we always manage somehow after all... Death you might want to find a cat sitter we might be in the demon world for a while," Kai said then stood and bowed "we will be back thank you Broren, Raffer,"

Both of them seemed to wave to them as they left, Sage let out a long sigh as they walked out, "Kai... was it just me... or did it sound like they were saying their goodbyes?" She said in a lower whisper. Though she pulled out her phone and started to go down her contacts list.

soon the always chipper voice met her ear "why hello death to what does your humble servant owe such a call?" he asked.

Kai nodded and ruffled his own hair.

Sage let out a sigh, Kai was stressing a lot, and frankly... so was she. "Hey Kat... I have a favor to ask you... I need a cat sitter because I am going out on a business trip. I am not entirely sure how long, so it might be a few days to a few weeks. He is one of those rare calico toms."

"Aw sure thing he can play with the kittens Milly Ash and Shadow!" Kat said. "Before you leave just bring him to me at Kai's house,"

"Sounds cute, his name is Smores. Anyway... I'll hand him off to you in a few weeks..." She said quietly.

"Oh there is always something else, but perhaps for your ears only, I am sure Kai doesn't want to hear it." She said with a chuckle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back