[Way of the Wicked] Idle Threats...

Terribly sloppy! If you are going to summon demons of gluttony you must have a geometrically perfect pentagram, along with delicious offerings. Otherwise you just end up with a bunch of lazy sloth demons.

I already knew this- but.. every single group I've played with, ever, has had rolling a one, on anything, ever, be a Guaranteed Failure at best, a Critical fail usualy.

I normally do play with Critical Failure, but the no auto-fail on a 1 on skill checks I normally leave alone. Mostly because if the Rule of 1 applies to a roll, the Rule of 20 should as well, which means anyone can eventually accomplish any skill check ever that they're allowed to attempt. I don't intend to let you roll until you get a 20 if you'd otherwise need a 26, so I don't intend to have you fail on a 1 if you'd pass on a -4.

In a combat situation, though, attacks and saves and stuff, both the Rules will apply in full force ^_^

and if you would all prefer, I'll happily use Critical Fumble rules too. Honestly, if I had a personal copy of the two Critical Decks, I'd be using the crap out of them...

Noooooooooooooooooo!

No crits. No fumble decks. I play with them on my Thursday group. I roll 4-10x as many 1s as I roll 20s. I have died twice from my own fumbles. And I killed the party twice with my fumbles. The last thing I need is a way to kill this party. I have already rolled my first 1.

hehehe, that was the reaction I expected. I will restrain my evil in light of the fact that you're supposed to be the evil ones this time around.

With Solyr -- I don't think stylish, badass villains should have a 5% chance to cut themselves with their own weapons. :P

So... heres how I am planning on splitting up the kingdom.

I'll be King.

Solyr will be the High Priest.

Tyrne will be my Dragon.

The Ninja will take over all thieves guilds secretly, and is in fact the head of the Ninja Gestapo.

Exthalion gets all the perks of being a High Level Wizard with a Kingdom's funding.

The only problem is that it will take far more than a kingdom's funding to cover my planed expenditures. I will take up control of the Department of Commerce and Development. You can even be sure that I am honest about it, because my goal is build things that produce more revenue to pay for even more things.

You have to do it the Roman way... lower taxes, massive expansion, and huge tribute from the defeated. Spain also did the same thing in the New World.

And in either case, I have no problem with spreading the Faith to heathens as proper justification for the massive expansion.

Oh, bloody hell. My bad. The last time I checked I thought there was a disagreement about the marching order, and I was waiting for that to run its course.. *runs to reread the IC thread* I noticed it had slowed way down and never realized it was waiting on me T_T

EDIT: Sure enough, it was all worked out. I shouldn't try to read and update when I'm rushed or half-asleep, I don't know how I didn't notice everyone was ready to move forward. I will probably update in the next few hours, but it might be tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
IC thread and Roll20 updated. Not that you need to check the Roll20, since all that got added was one 20x50 room with a staircase and a door. :tongue:

If you're wondering, I'd have assumed you proceeded on through that door if not the side note I included for Exthalion. Of course, that information isn't necessarily a "let's go back" clarion call, since

there's clearly a fire burning at the bottom of that chimney, which you'd need to climb through to reach that room.

Shall we advance then, since no one appears enthused about the possible alternate route? I kinda hoped one of the more roguish types would volunteer to stick their heads in, but perhaps the knowledge that there's only one cure spell in the party has them a little worried....

While I like the idea of uncovering every 5x5 hex on a map, I think going Santa Ckaus down a lit chimney is kinda stupid. And since I don't know about it IC, I say we just skip it for now.

No worries, you'll surely find that room downstairs anyway. Although it would be pretty awesome if it could only be accessed via the chimney ^_^ I'll post tonight to move things forward again, then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back